Visionary Tales
If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

Age Of Ultron For Real [M]

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
"I'm sure that I don't know. You'd have to ask Ultron about having more. Doubt he'd answer since you're obviously trying to steal it." His glance at Peter gave her an idea about where(and when) the teen had come from, but she wasn't sure enough to comment on it.

"How many pieces do you need?"

"We need six of them..." Peter answered, sounding a bit discouraged.

---------------------------------------

"It was not a compliment to me." He gritted out, "Love is the last word that comes to mind when I think of him." Even though he was visibly agitated, he moved his arm back toward her, a holographic screen being projected from it.

"You don't believe me when I say he's safe?" The screen then showed footage from the beginning of Tony's transmission, muted as he had said. He looked away and let her watch it for a minute before closing it.

When she reacted to his words, he stared at her with concern, and was going to try and get her to calm down before she said her mantra. He was sure it was for her own sake, but that didn't keep it from sounding like a taunt. Tony was safe-- which meant Ultron was not.

"I don't regret them in the way you're thinking." He amended. "I don't feel sorry for what I did, but I regret not choosing a different response... They won't have to worry about that. My reasons... don't include them." He was continually surprised by her physical contact, especially since she had seemed upset with him.

"Thank you for listening. And not unless you want to disclose who gave JARVIS to Tony." He said this offhandedly, like he didn't actually expect her to tell him. "Is there anything I can help you or... Morgan with?" He asked, "Do you have any... cravings? Do you need edible clay?" It was clear he'd been researching things, but the fact that pregnancy was different for every woman made it hard to pinpoint everything needed.

Offline Aries Jordan

• View Profile
Since Lunella didn't know of any more Pym Particles, Cap thought it was time to change the subject.  "How about my other question, Lunella.  Why hasn't Ultron teleported an army in here to destroy us?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It isn't that I don't believe you," Pepper said.  "If you wanted to lie to me, this video wouldn't prove anything, it'd be easy for you to fake.  I just... need to see him."  She watched Tony anxiously for the moment he was on the screen.  He looked thin and haunted again, more as he had looked when he came back from space, his recovery had obviously encountered an Ultron-sized setback.  But he seemed to have his intelligence, his sanity, and all of his limbs.  Pepper was inclined to count her blessings. 

She didn't quite understand what Ultron was saying about not regretting hurting Tony, but wishing he had chosen a different response.  Different how?  But she wasn't sure she wanted him to clarify.  She was supposed to be avoiding stress. 

"JARVIS?  Oh.  Oh, yes.  I can tell you if you promise not to retaliate."  As for the cravings, she nodded.  "Fruit.  Especially mangos.  And chocolate-chip cookies.  Dark chocolate chips.  And walnuts.  And sourdough bread with a good tough crust and lots of butter.  Maybe some cheese fries."  She was having carb-heavy cravings.

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
"Because he's trying not to look like a scary robot." she replied, but was pretty sure that answer wouldn't get her a ride back. "Maybe if it was just you, but he doesn't want to attack Wakanda--- well, he does because of vibranium. But he's trying not to stoop to your level. He might now, though, since you teleported in and stole his stuff. He's been debating coming here to take what he wants, but... Starting a war, even if he wins it, isn't the way to show he wants peace."

----------------------------------------------------

"Hm... no. I can't promise that to you." he said. There was no real value to understanding who had done it, but Tony's attempt to protect whoever it was made him curious. He planned on being a bit more personal with his revenge against that person. At first, he had thought Morgan was the one who had done it, but that was obviously not the case.

"Does it need to be from a specific brand or company? Is it fine that it's made here by the drones?" He had found that many unhealthy options were still preferred by humans because of their taste, even when offered what he considered a better alternative they would rather get fast food.

Offline Aries Jordan

• View Profile
"It's weird.  But it's consistent," Bruce observed of Lunella's answer. "I think he's trying to prove he can do a better job than us.  He wants to win in the court of public opinion."

By now Steve had put Lunella down so that she could retain some dignity, but remained seated so that he didn't tower over her.  "Then taking you back would be smart as well as honorable."

"Uh--um--" Bruce sputtered.  "Yeah, if she didn't tell him what we're up to, but why wouldn't she?"

Steve ignored him.  "I said I would, and I will, if that's what you want.  But will you let me tell you why you should think carefully about it?"  He picked up tablet and loaded up Tony's message to the world, but rearranged it so that the medical data would be shown first.  Lunella was a scientist, she would appreciate seeing the proof before the assertion.

"Steve, she's a kid!  You can't show her that!"

"She's used to taking care of herself," Steve answered.  "A bit younger than fifteen, which is when I was on my own, but she's smarter than me.  She just needs all the data."  He looked to Lunella for permission to show it to her.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, stop asking about it, then."  Pepper found it surprising that Ultron hadn't figured it out yet.  But he really had a blind spot where she was concerned.  He couldn't comprehend she was pregnant at first apparently because that wasn't what Pepper Potts was supposed to be.

"I'll find you some recipes online.  Or you can just get me the ingredients and I'll make them."  She walked to the back door of her new house and went in, leaving it open for Ultron.  "It's too bad you can't tasted food.  By the way, is Deadpool staying here too?"

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
"He is doing a better job." Lunella said, "And it's a good thing too, 'cause he could definitely take over most of the world right now if he wanted to."

"That's comforting." Peter muttered under his breath. "He's definitely going to come here and attack us if we do! And... Okoye said we couldn't send her back."

"I wasn't going to leave without the Pym Particles before, but..." It seemed like they were using it for good.  "Yes." she said, not knowing how he would do that. "Show me what?"

"I don't know, Cap..." Peter protested slightly, but was conflicted on trusting his own instincts and Steve's.

"Give it to me." She took the tablet from him. The medical report was easy to read objectively and she read through it with a straight face, but the video was harder to stomach. Lunella only made it through partway before shutting off the tablet and putting it on the table. She was staring at the ground, but the look of shock on her face was still visible.

"Did he... really do that?" she asked in a small voice.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Fine." He held up his hands. It was entirely because he had a blind spot for her. He had watched the video thousands of times, but every single time he never took note of her slipping something into the back of Tony's pocket, watching everything but her.

"That would be great." Looking up recipes was something he found very difficult, as there were multiple ones claiming to be 'the best', and human's sense of taste was too varied to choose which one to use as a standard. "At least I don't know what I'm missing out on." Of all the human senses to develop, taste was far down on the list.

"Yes. He won't hurt you while you're pregnant, so don't worry about that. If he's bothering you, I can have him removed." 

((Btw. I plan on having Ultron figure out what Pepper did. << I can have it happen sooner or later
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 03:44:07 AM by EvilCopepod »

Offline Aries Jordan

• View Profile
"I have to give him that," Bruce admitted.  "We would have lost millions more people to starvation and disease if he hadn't taken over production and distribution chains."

Steve tried to convey trust me to Peter with a glance.

"I have no reason to doubt what Tony says," he told Lunella.  "He still has the scar on his arm.   And I saw the shape he was in, in 2015 when he came back from that planet he mentioned.  He told the same story then.  Mr. Parker here can tell you about the conditions he found Tony in when he rescued him a few hours ago.  JARVIS can show you video of it." 

He watched her for signs she needed comfort while he went on.  "Of course, Ultron's beef with Tony is personal.  He always hated him.  More than any of us."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yes.  If you did, you'd never be able to give it up.

"Would he have hurt me while I wasn't pregnant?" Pepper had seen so much of Deadpool, the leather-fetishist clown, that she had forgotten about Deadpool, the actually rather lethal mercenary.  "It will probably be fine."  She had missed human contact sufficiently that Deadpool would have to be really annoying before she'd rather be alone with just the AIs.

She paused to use the tablet Ultron had thoughtfully left out for her (with the same restrictions as before) to find an appropriate chocolate chip cookie recipe to give him.  Then she said, "I'm going to take a shower."

((Whenever you like!))

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
As soon as he saw the girl starting to get uncomfortable, he had to struggle not to web the tablet away. It was a relief when she turned it off herself.

She was quiet through what he said, wrapping her arms around herself as she became lost in thought.

"That doesn't matter!" She said to the last thing Steve said. "He can't just hurt people like that! There's no good reason to do that to someone." She clenched her little fists.

"My classmates are more mature than he is sometimes. I have to tell him he's not allowed to act that way."

"I don't think that's going to work." Peter said doubtfully, "Maybe you just shouldn't go back?"

------------------------------------------------

"That sounds... unhealthy." He was considering moderating his ability to sense touch after having Pepper hold onto his arm. It was distracting-- and a very unnecessary craving to desire more physical contact with others. Especially since most people avoided touching him any way other than the way a person does while admiring a car. Or a gun.

"I can't say if he would. His actions aren't predictable. I didn't want to take the risk--- Even if it was unlikely because he is convinced you have spice-related powers." Which he seemed very reluctant to engage with.

"I will get started on this." By that, he meant the drones. "There will be fresh clothing for you. Do you need me to prevent the water from getting too hot or are you done trying to cook yourself?" He teased a bit at the end.

Offline Aries Jordan

• View Profile
Steve, leaning back with his arms folded, raised both eyebrows.  "Are you braver than I am too?"  He was repressing a smile.  "I think Peter's right.  But it's your decision."

Bruce buried his face in his hands.  "Oh, we're dead," he muttered.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Spice-related powers?" Pepper asked, turned to stare out the front window where Deadpool was chatting with Jocasta.    "Does he think I spray cardamom out of my fingertips?"

She thought for a moment he was being literal, as he usually was and a surprised smile smile turned into a small chuckle.  "I'll be careful."

She took a  lukewarm shower and put more lotion on her reddened skin while it was still damp, then got dressed and returned to the living area, feeling hungry.

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
"If nobody else is gonna tell him he needs to give grade school a try, it might as well be me." Peter had to keep from snorting. He had to admit, when her insults weren't aimed at them they were pretty funny.

"What if he, uh... doesn't like her saying that?" Peter tried to ask how to keep Lunella from getting hurt without saying it out loud. He was hoping for the best, that Ultron really wasn't going to harm her, but he wasn't going to base her safety upon that.

---------------------------------------

The drones had begun making cookies as soon as Ultron had told them, so by the time she got out one batch was already cooling. The drones were still making cookies, and planned to indefinitely since Pepper hadn't specified how many she wanted. Deadpool was sprawled on the couch with one of the large mixing bowls he had taken. He was using a spoon to scrape and eat the cookie dough, but as soon as he noticed Pepper he dropped the bowl and hastily pulled down his mask.

"Did you convince Ultron to pick up baking as a relaxing hobby? Or are these evil cookies he's baking?"

Offline Aries Jordan

• View Profile
Steve pretended that Lunella being in danger from Ultron hadn't occurred to him before Peter mentioned it.  "Well," he said thoughtfully, "I could stay with her for awhile and see how Ultron takes it.  In case she wants a ride back here.  It's not like you guys need me just now.  I won't get in your way," he assured Lunella.  Although he might have to get in Ultron's way.  "Are you ready?"  He put the belt back on and held out his hands to lift her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Pepper had attempted to take off the bracelet before her shower, but either she hadn't figured out how or Ultron did not intend it to come off.  In any case, it had survived getting thoroughly wet.  In deference to the weather, she was wearing cut-off jean shorts that accentuated her curves and long legs nicely, and a semi-translucent white blouse, long-sleeved to protect her burned skin from further sun exposure. 

"I don't know.  Both things could be true."  She picked up a warm cookie right away and tried it.  Melted dark chocolate and walnuts embedded in luscious cookie.  "Perfect.  Thank you," she smiled at the drones.  Seeing a third batch ready to go into the oven, she added, "That'll be enough for now.  If you make too many, they'll go hard before we eat them all."

« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 05:28:46 PM by Aries Jordan »

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
Peter knew that Steve coming along would definitely make the AI violent, but he was also sure that Cap would make sure that Lunella wouldn't get hurt no matter what.

"Sure thing, Cap, but don't make me interrupt our work to come get you." The worst that could happen, he was hoping, was a self sacrifice play, and he wasn't going to let Steve try and stay behind to send the girl back here.

"Don't break anything when we get there." Lunella told him, grabbing her backpack before letting herself be lifted up.

---------------------------------------------------

"Can I borrow those shorts sometime?" he asked, leaning over the edge of the couch to look at her.

Like how you borrowed her fiancÚ?

"I am not saying that out loud." He paused, "I didn't, did I?"

"Do you want to share these with Deadpool, or should we make a different batch for him?" Jocasta asked through one of the drones. "And would you like privacy?"

Offline Aries Jordan

• View Profile
"I'll do my best," Steve promised.  He made sure the belt and his helmet and Wakandan shields were secured, then cradled Lunella in the crook of his right arm while he activated the teleporter.

Bruce stared glumly into the middle distance for a minute after they were gone, and then said, "Let's get done whatever we can."

Tony's internal JARVIS let him stay unconscious long enough to rebuild the processor in his brain that Ultron's bots had destroyed, and to repair and refresh his body as much as possible.  But when it seemed like nourishment was becoming a greater need than further sleep, the AI started flushing the sedative out of his system.

Tony woke into an unpleasantly groggy state, very thirsty and in desperate need of a piss.  But when he had taken care of those problems, and dealt with his anger and fear by stuffing them down into an already full box at the bottom of his psyche, he felt ready to deal with the world again.  After JARVIS filled him in on everything he had missed, he even had a plan for dealing with it.

"OK, so we didn't find enough particles," he announced, marching into Bruce and Peter's area of the lab.  "So we're gonna start with the Mind Stone.  Does somebody want to get us some shwarma?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pepper would've normally just said yes, but in Deadpool's case, she thought caution was in order.  "What are you going to do with them?  Did you say what out loud?"

To Jocasta, she said, "That depends on how many he plans to eat. No, I'd rather you stayed, if you're not busy elsewhere.  Where is Ultron?"

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
Lunella was disorientated again after the teleport, but she was able to squirm out of his grip once they reached her lab again and land on the ground. There were still drones there, the ones she had and the ones Ultron had left in case Steve was dumb enough to come here a third time. She was still rubbing her eyes when all the drones, excluding her own, swarmed and launched themselves at Steve.
---------------------------------------------------------

Peter did what he could like Bruce said, starting to put together the device that would let them use the Pym Particles. He was grateful that he had been able to look at the plans for them-- since Hank wasn't going to share any of his Pym Particles, despite having his life saved, the design for time travel hadn't been totally hidden away.

"Hey, how was--" Again, Tony moved through things too fast and Peter cut himself off. "Why the Mind Stone?"

----------------------------------------------------------

"Wear them." he answered, "You haven't pepper sprayed me yet, so I didn't say it out loud."

"Deadpool is currently depressed, self-critical and remorseful. So he will eat quite a few of them."

"What the fuck happened to patient confidentiality?"

"You are not my patient. Ultron is." Jocasta had her own body come into the home, her consciousness leaving the drone. "He is in most places. He did not want to overcrowd or burden you further with his own issues."

Offline Aries Jordan

• View Profile
Steve had thought that Ultron would probably hold off or at least hold back while Lunella was right there.  But Ultron wasn't around, just the blue-eyed drones who had been told to attack him if he reappeared. 

That didn't mean he wasn't ready for it.  He knocked the head off the first one with the point of one shield and slammed the second drone into the third.  Although he was no match for Ultron personally, as Barton had so kindly pointed out, he could take on any number of drones -- at least in tight quarters where they couldn't shoot him from a safe distance or swarm him more than four or so at a time.  He just had to be careful Lunella didn't get hurt by flying debris.

Of course, if the fight went on long enough, they'd exhaust even his endurance.  "Oh, come on, Ultron.  I brought her back!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's the point of just one?" Bruce supported Peter's question.

Tony  was looking over their work and  making adjustments to things that didn't really need adjusting.  "If there are more Pym Particles, JARVIS can't find 'em.  Ultron is keeping them too close.  And Ultron is causing all of our other problems.  So we need to take Ultron out without disrupting civilization any more than we have to.  The Mind Stone is the key to that."  He swung around and faced Bruce and Peter again.  There was a certain feverish glitter to his eyes.

"You can't use the Mind Stone directly.  None of us can," Bruce objected.

"Vision can."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I suppose," Pepper said, wondering if she'd want them back when he was through.  "Make him as many as he wants, then."  She ate another cookie, then poked through the kitchen for something more healthy to make for lunch.  "What's wrong, Wade?" 

She smiled a welcome at Jocasta's proper body, which she thought much more becoming than Ultron's drone bodies.

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
"What!? What are you doing?! Stop fighting!" One of Lunella's drones grabbed her and pulled her away from the fight even while she struggled to get free.

"You shouldn't have taken her in the first place." Ultron didn't speak through a drone, he walked into the room with one of his Prime bodies, having to duck in the doorway. "Don't pretend you aren't loving this-- something to break, something to destroy, something to fight. Veteran's Anonymous just doesn't scratch that itch for you."

"Stop being a bully, Ultron!" Lunella snapped at him as he moved toward Steve. "He just wants to talk!"

"Let me speak his language then." Ultron said as he fired a blast from his hand at Steve, the remaining drones still clambering to slow him down.

-------------------------------------------

"How would that one would be the best to fight him...? He understands the Mind Stone the most." If Ultron could combat any of the stones, it would be that one. Especially since Wanda couldn't read or influence his mind despite the powers it had given her. The worst case would be that he got it again-- since he knew how to use it better than any of them.

"But Vision's... he's gone." Peter stated the obvious, squinting. "You aren't thinking of... are you going to rebuild him?"

-----------------------------------------

"Just give me the cookie dough!"

The kitchen was decently stocked, the fridge had several kinds of vegetables, juices, and greens, but the cupboards were the most filled with things that weren't quite as perishable as what was refrigerated. The drones began cleaning up, one of them making another batch of cookie dough for the man.

"Just troubles with my love life. Shit I don't think I can fix." Wade sighed, "Especially since she's one of Ultron's sworn enemies now." He rolled off the couch and onto the ground. "If I wasn't such a coward, maybe I'd have a chance to make it up to her, but..."

Healing factor can't grow a new spine for you!