Visionary Tales
If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

Age Of Ultron For Real [M]

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
"It is the humans that are uncomfortable with you using it." Jocasta assumed out loud. She listened to him with a look of puzzlement on her face.

"That is odd. There were many things that Ultron did which I was unaware of. This must be one of them-- The vibranium is of no use to him while he is imprisoned. He must have a safe place to store things he did not want JARVIS to locate after he had been infiltrated. Usually, he would have me take care of such things, but perhaps he knew I would return it and found another way to keep it concealed." She paused. "You should either be not concerned at all or very concerned." Jocasta added, unhelpfully.

"Oh, I do know about those!" she said in regards to the blackmail. "There were so many assassination attempts by different world leaders and their supporters. None of them got close, but it was disruptive when it came to meeting with them. So Ultron used them as blackmail to get them to stop. He regretted that, though, as he felt that he should have released it anyways. I can help a bit more with this part--

"The media is quite awful. I could not even watch or look at all of them. I wondered if Ultron got some of his ideas on how to deal with Mr. Stark from them... I have all of them, if you would like it. He did not leave the task to me. I would not release them to the public, because the information is disturbing and will cause a lot of political destabilization.  Perhaps you can find them with the source material. I do know that you have at least a week before they are released."

-----------------------------------

The pillow had another nakeder and angrier looking Nebula on the other side of it, so it would have to be covered to not be looking at them.

Despite being unable to fit, he tried his best to snuggle up on her lap, wrapping his arms around her. When she distracted him with a kiss, he returned it eagerly. He stretched out for her as she began to undress him, cautiously testing to see how she liked being touched back as his hands roamed across her body.

((Let's timeskip!

Offline Aries Jordan

• View Profile
"Indeed... if he created a supervisory program separated from himself to carry out a plan of destruction in the event of his defeat..." Vision sighed.  He thanked Jocasta for the information and the data she transferred to him and promised to let her know when to come to the upstate New York facility if she was within sight of a drone.   

After reviewing the media, he was nearly as disturbed as she had been -- only a little less so because of the memory of previous years spent among humans told him what to expect.  Armed with the knowledge of what to look for, he renewed his search for the time bomb/data capsule Ultron had set for release, particularly searching dormant servers in odd locations and having his drones check any that (currently) lacked a connection to the internet.  He did not tell the world leaders he had the material too, as he did not want them to panic -- or to prepare for a bloody exit in the event of arrest.  He was willing to let mere theft and corruption slide, but the evidence of torture, murder and genocide, he intended to hand over to Interpol and the Hague as soon as the world got more comfortable with him being (mostly) in charge.

Meanwhile, his physical self got on with waking the comatose Wakandan warriors.  Fortunately, the Mind Stone proved quite adequate to the task.  When that was done, he returned to Ultron and gathered the drones to teleport him and the isolated server to the Avengers facility.  After doing everything they could do for the country, the other Avengers went as well, but not until after Cap and Okoye assured each other of their mutual interests and alliance.

Only one message came from Tony and it was for Peter -- a voice text to assure the teenager that he and Pepper were both okay, that they were taking some time to be alone, that Tony hadn't forgotten him and would be glad to see him "in a week or so."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually, Tony and Pepper, looking rumpled and disheveled but in a good way, emerged from Pepper's room so they could eat something other than cookies.  By this time, Nebula and Wade had made love, slept, and made love again and were probably hungry themselves.   The first thing Tony did on seeing Wade was to hug him again, and only Nebula's standoffish body language stopped him from hugging her too. 

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
Jocasta went to try and clear her thoughts further, deciding to wait until she made herself apparent to a drone again so the Avengers could get settled and comfortable before they had to deal with her. There were traces of the data in offline servers, but they were heavily encrypted and incomplete.

Peter did his best to stay busy during that week, this ranged from sparring with Avengers, crowding them and their work until his presence got annoying, and looking into mystic artifacts similar to the one he'd used to get here. He did not get very far with the last part, as even if he was able to find any, he didn't know where anybody that could tell him if it was legitimate would be at.

-----------------------------------

When the door opened, Deadpool scrambled for his mask to put on. He couldn't find the rest of the clothes, so he wrapped himself up in one of the blankets like a cocoon. Because of this, he couldn't return Tony's hug, but he still seemed to appreciate it.

"You need to eat more cookies. If you're that bony when Morgan comes along, you'll have to wear padding."

Or swaddle the thing more than you are!

"Have you eaten pizza yet?" he asked Nebula, teetering precariously as he tried to move toward the kitchen.

Offline Aries Jordan

• View Profile
Vision supposed that the offline servers could be intended to come online and merge and decrypt the data at the proper moment, so he destroyed them.  He expanded the search to include objects in orbit around the Earth, and data havens run by human hacker-pirates whom Ultron could have bribed to release the material at a given time.

Back in their old quarters, the Avengers each separately began trying to process the Snap and the smaller, quieter reshaped world around them, a problem which they had been forced to put on hold while dealing with Ultron.

Bruce disappeared into his lab, muttering something about treating the Hulk as the solution.  In the absence of Tony, he sometimes used Peter as a sounding board for his ideas, but he was short on patience and sometimes kicked the teenager out rather than explain the more difficult parts of his theory.

Natasha became obsessed with finding Clint, who had not been Snapped, but had gone off the grid after losing his family.  She would work out for short bursts and spar with Peter if he wanted, but most of her attention was elsewhere.

Vision was both absent and omnipresent.  Most of the time, his primary body was plugged into the Ultron server (now buried deep underground, shielded with multiple dampening barriers and contained within a Faraday cage to prevent stray transmissions from reaching Ultron) and he only interacted with the others via the drones.  He had very little time to spare for talking to Peter.

Steve, however, made Peter a project.  He would spar tirelessly with the teen, invested a lot of time in getting to know him, and also drilled him in the "teamwork" part of being an Avenger, which was the only area where the independent young man was lacking.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sure.  Bring on the carbs," Tony said.  The JARVIS drone reheated the pizzas and served them on the dining table along with frosty glasses of craft beer.  When they were sitting down about to dig in, he raised his glass to Deadpool.

"Pepper told me what you did, Wade." 

"You need to be more specific," Pepper told him as Nebula began eyeing her lover suspiciously.

"That you saved her life," Tony clarified.  "Would you like to own Australia?  It's yours."

"Tony.  You're broke," Pepper reminded him with a gentle smile.

"Details.  I can get Australia if I put my mind to it."