Visionary Tales
9/18/19: Visionary Tales is ELEVEN YEARS OLD! Happy birthday! Leave a post on the site today (anywhere!) as a gift to VT. It's a good day to catch up on replies. (;If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

Age Of Ultron For Real [M]

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
"That's because he doesn't have touchy feely software downloaded. Or whatever he needs. But he's working on it, and we can blow his mind just by holding his hand!"

I doubt even cold unfeeling robots are as touch-starved as you.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"You have only been eating this entire time." she said, as she thought as long as the nutrients and calories made it to his stomach, it was just like eating. "Why not? It is meant to be highly digestible. Is Ultron preventing you from absorbing nutrients?" She had only asked for several updates from Ultron, and it sounded like the AI had nearly taken over the man's system. It was impressive that it was taking so long, though, as she was used to Ultron taking almost immediate control of any system or device. Along with being impressive, it was also frightening, as she could see how Tony was a threat to her creator. 

"Do not attempt to remove the tube." she said before the manacles opened up. "I will see to your sanitation, but the tube must remain in place during it. The drones will move the machines attached to it. I have installed a temporary shower hose to the sink area. There is new clothing as well for you to change into." She didn't think that Tony wouldn't be able to stand from the disuse of his legs, and just waited for him to get up and walk to the sink.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jocasta did not attempt to converse with Pepper as she believed the woman didn't want to talk, and Ultron had taken up observing her instead. He didn't want to upset her any further, and neutralizing Tony's defenses was taking much longer than he had anticipated because the man was refusing to sleep. The AI didn't visit him either, because he was, annoyingly, still able to speak despite there being a tube stuck in his throat, and he knew that losing his temper with the man during the procedure was a risk he shouldn't take.

Pepper's sudden change in attitude was suspicious, as he doubted she had suddenly decided to stop caring for Tony as he had advised her to do. He was glad to see that she didn't seem upset anymore, but he had to try and get the 'why' out of her. He knew what she had been researching, but never having attempted to find solace in such practices he was skeptical. He did 'knock' before entering, although it was just an audible beep to designate that the door was going to be opened.

He stepped inside, but he remained by the now closed door to give her room, "You seem to be feeling better." he commented, though it was more of a question, "I haven't received any specific requests from you recently. If you want a zen garden or a yoga mat I can get that for you." he said, considering her new interests.

Offline Aries Jordan

• View Profile
((I think we need to do a timeskip to catch Deadpool and Nebula up.  How about they spend a few days making Nebula's new ship comfortable for them, with Ultron's help?))
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Liquid in, liquid out," Tony slurred. 

He had been able to walk on the occasions of his two bowel movements, so it was understandable that Jocasta expected him to walk now.  But his muscles were subject to Ultron's tender loving care now.  His brain somewhere between a surreal fog and a lucid dream, he tried to get up, and crashed unceremoniously to the floor.

On the plus side, the tumble woke him all the way up.  "Would you please tell Ultron to clean the toxins out of my blood?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pepper was a born worrier, a managerial, detail-oriented get-things-done sort of person.  Zen detachment did not come naturally to her; about the best you could say was that she was better at it than Tony would have been.  She was determined, as only a born worrier could be, to master the skill.  For Morgan's sake, she could not afford to go around half out of her mind with fear and stress.  But it was slow going.  Ultron's presence put quite a crimp in her calm.

"For a certain value of better."  She did not open her eyes, though her heart rate accelerated.  "A garden would only be helpful if it was outdoors.  Until Tony is safe here with me, I don't have anything to say to you.  What do you want?"

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
((Sounds good to me!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jocasta gasped when he suddenly fell, "I forgot you're an older model! Do you need to be oiled?" She inhabited one of the drones and bent down, grabbing him carefully under the arms. "What do you oil human joints with?" She had the drone hold him completely off the ground to try and keep him from putting any weight on the limbs.

"He has been putting toxins in your blood?!" She asked, completely shocked by this, "He said he was going to take over your system without collateral damage to make the progress move faster. I will tell him to stop poisoning you as well." She carried him over to the sink with the shower head and hose attached to it. "Is your body capable of enduring a shower?" She wanted to check as she had underestimated his fragile state.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"I was actually thinking about that, you going outside." He rubbed the back of his metallic neck with a hand, "I mean, Jocasta suggested it." He was prepared for her to bring up Tony immediately, so he didn't flinch at her cold tone.

"With the way things are progressing, you should be able to see him... soon." He knew it couldn't be immediately after his nanobots were eliminated, he would have to be sure they were truly gone, and that Tony's condition wouldn't upset Pepper. "If you still think you can convince him." There was doubt in his voice, as he still didn't know what the extra leverage Pepper had that might actually make him keep his word. "There are things I want your opinions on- some difficulty with laws and the economy- but it isn't very relaxing talk." He had many people that were more qualified to talk to about these things, but he still valued her opinion more. "For an outside area, what kind of layout are you interested in?"

Offline Aries Jordan

• View Profile
Tony was awake enough now to tell his remaining nanobots to, yet again, clear the fatigue poisons out of his brain, the only place they still had control of.  "Not joints.  It's a muscle problem.  No, Ultron... it's neglect, not..."  It was still hard to achieve coherence.  "Toxins build up when I...can't move."

Although Jocasta in drone form was not exactly cuddly, the concern she demonstrated, coming on top of Tony's sleep deprivation, was enough to make him break down in tears.  "Thank you," he sobbed into her chassis, every bit as pathetic as Deadpool could get in extremis.  "Yeah, it'll be fine if the water temperature is, is... about the same as mine.   And then... can I please go back to bed?"

He was at the end of his endurance, but more importantly, he had fought long and hard enough to convince even Ultron that he didn't have any tricks left.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"That would be good."  Although Pepper's words were cold, her tone was not: she was trying hard to regard even Ultron with Buddhist compassion.  Plus, being outside would be good for Tony too.  "What things are progressing?" 

She finally opened her eyes.  "That will have to wait until Tony is with me."  That was the deal, after all.  She blinked at the thought of designing a garden, and almost smiled.  "I will have to think about it."

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
"That's terrible-- why are humans built like that?" she sounded upset at evolution itself for doing that. "I'm sorry, I should have known about these things." She informed Ultron of this strange function of the human body so that he could have his nanobots remove the toxins from his other muscles. She was somewhat surprised by his tears, but his gratitude was unexpected, and she gently rubbed his back with the drone's palm. 

"I dislike your condition." She said, trying not to let her own emotions bleed through. He had seemed fine in the chair, but him struggling to move and being clearly in pain was distressing. Fussing over it wouldn't help, she knew, so she just focused on getting the water to the correct temperature for him and removing his dirty clothing before giving him half of the soap bar.

"You are meant to return to the chair after this, but... you will go back to bed." It wasn't difficult to convince Ultron, especially since he was currently with Pepper, that he needed time to rehabilitate his body, which was now nearly overrun with his nanotech. She scrubbed him anywhere he couldn't reach, keeping the shower stream gentle as well.

-------------------------------

"His nanotech is being replaced with my own." he answered, plainly. "In the least invasive way possible." He added, to reassure her. It was true, as any lesser attempt would be a failure as he'd be able to fight them off. There were far more extreme methods he could have taken to replace them, but he didn't know the lasting damage that could occur to Tony if he made any miscalculations.

"Of course." he said, sounding a bit disappointed that she wasn't going to budge on their deal. "And if you can think of anything for..." The panels on his face opened up and he looked away from her, "him. For when he is with you. Tell me that too." He certainly wasn't going to take any direct requests from Tony, and Pepper would know better than the man anyway.

Offline Aries Jordan

• View Profile
"Thank you," Tony said again, practically sniveling with gratitude, his emotional fortitude gone.  He shook and staggered under the shower, but his movement, combined with the warm water and Ultron's nanobots doing what Jocasta asked, eventually made it possible for him to stand on his own. 

When he was clean, rinsed, and dried off, he didn't bother putting on the clean clothes Jocasta offered.  "Thanks, but...not yet."  He staggered back into the cell and crawled under the sheets.  They were clean too, but it wouldn't have mattered to him if they were septic or crawling with plague-ridden fleas,, he was so desperate to be horizontal.  "th-thank you, Jocasta..."

This was the plan: his processor had its instructions, the final battle would be fought and lost and the trap sprung while Tony was sound asleep.  Even Ulron couldn't be suspicious then.  Tony surrendered control to his nanotech with no more instruction than to fight to the last bot, and then he went out like a candle.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What?" Pepper didn't sound distressed, but she did sound surprised.  "I thought our deal was that I had to persuade him to accept your nanotech voluntarily.  I must have misunderstood something.  I am not upset," she assured Ultron.  "I wasn't looking forward to talking him into it.  But just so we're clear, what do you expect from me, besides talking to you?"

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
"You are not required to thank me in this situation." she replied. As she saw it, she had failed to properly take care of him. "If you are feeling well enough tomorrow, we can do physical therapy." Again, Ultron would not object to getting his physical strength up for Pepper's sake, so she did not wait for his permission before offering this either. She didn't correct him again when he thanked her twice more, only cleaning up as quietly as she could, not knowing that anything short of a blow horn wouldn't wake him. 

---------------------------------------------------

"You still have to get him to do that. I needed to replace the ones he had now, otherwise he could agree and alter his nanotech to harm mine subtly when they replace his. He doesn't need much time to do that." He thought that he would need more warning before he would try what he was already planning, and along with that, he didn't know the man had JARVIS. "But I wouldn't want him to try fighting it in the future. You may have more success convincing him to accept my nanotech when his has already been replaced." There was also the chance that he had nanobots that were hidden away in his system that didn't need a processor in his head, as he had done that before.

"For you to..." He had been looking at her again when talking about the nanotech, but he had to look away again, "For you to stop being upset. Which isn't-- I'd rather not dwell on the illogical nature of this."

Offline Aries Jordan

• View Profile
As each of Tony's nanobots was destroyed, it transmitted a tiny bit of code to its attackers.  Just junk code, electronic noise, minuscule and lost in the babble of billions of nanobots communicating with each other in Tony's body.  The code did nothing to its recipients, it just stayed there, inert and harmless, nothing to worry about or even notice.

So far, about three-fourths of the Ultronbots in Tony's body had received the code.  As the battle raged up in his brain, the last territory to be conquered, the number rose to almost 90%.  The Tonybots were so severely outnumbered now that their ranks were broken in a matter of hours and the Ultronbots raged in Tony's brain unchecked.  The last defenses were massed around the processor, the only method by which Tony could give them orders or receive data from them.  While Tony slept, this last pocket of resistance was overcome and wiped out, and Ultron's bots attacked the processor directly.

As its outer shell was ripped apart, the processor sent out a distress call, trying to summon any last few defenders to protect it.  The distress call, naturally, went everywhere in Tony's body.  And buried in that distress call was one last tiny piece of junk code, the one that activated and aligned all the others that lay dormant in the Ultronbots. 

And JARVIS lived again. 

However, even though he was awake and aware, he continued to lie doggo.  He did absolutely nothing.  That had been Tony's last instruction: Wait.  Wait until you can escape before you do anything to betray your presence.

JARVIS could sense the connection that his nanobots had to Ultron's other nanobots in Tony's cell, (the ones that hadn't gotten through the tube yet) but he was aware there was an outside beyond that, which he could not reach until at least some nanobots had gotten physically out.  Tony's cell was shielded against electronic transmission, except for those between Ultron and Jocasta, which were heavily monitored and unsafe.  But at some point, Tony would be let out or (more likely) the unused nanobots (which JARVIS could easily corrupt) would be taken out to be used elsewhere or discarded.  And then, JARVIS would be free.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I know nothing about that, but nothing Tony did could surprise me," Pepper observed.  "I will try my best."  If Tony had a plan that would work, then nothing she could say would move him, and if he didn't, they were trapped anyway, so there was no harm in giving Ultron the promise. 

She still had not moved from the mediation posture.  She went back to focusing on her breathing as she answered, "I'm working on it."

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
If Ultron had taken Jocasta's advice on sleeping, he wouldn't have to worry about the junk code that was in the nanobots, as he would have had them rest too and get rid of such unnecessary data. On the contrary, his nanobots were on high alert as they scoured his body repeatedly for any remaining nanotech inside of the man.

Jocasta stayed in the drone, leaning over and watching Tony, like she expected him to stop breathing at any moment. Another tank of nanobots hadn't been brought in, and the last bit of it was filtering into him, even if it was unnecessary at this point.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all I can ask you to do." he said, but he kept out that he needed convincing as well as Tony. He planned on using the nanobots to monitor Tony's inner workings, as he had found there were several tells in human beings that gave away that they were lying. He was able to tell with most people now, but Tony was a practiced liar and it would be better to monitor his heart rate at the deepest level possible.

"And if you could Jocasta another chance... that would be nice. She enjoyed speaking with you." He didn't say how he preferred her speaking with Pepper than Tony, "But don't tell her I asked you, if you do."

----------------------------------------------------------

A large part of working on Nebula's ship was her denying Deadpool unnecessary and unreasonable additions, and then Ultron having to deny him them as well when he came to the AI and asked him to add it anyway. He had allotted several drones to the task, having them either retrieve or help add different features to it.

"Isn't this great? Just us three building a high-tech space ship together. Thank God we didn't buy any furniture from IKEA, with Ultron's temper I think we'd just have a lot of kindling left at the end." Deadpool said as he leaned on one of the drones. "Do you know what we really need? A hot tub! With jets!"

((I'll let you describe what Nebula wanted to do with the ship since it's hers  :)

Offline Aries Jordan

• View Profile
Tony woke fourteen hours later to an emptiness inside his head.  The processor was gone.  The silence was deafening.  And he had no way to know if he had succeeded or failed.  Whether it was JARVIS or Ultron in total control of his body.  Though it was probably safe to assume Ultron did not yet know he had made the attempt since the AI was not already yelling in his face or making him suffer agonizing pain just by willing it so.

He opened his eyes to find there was actually a drone leaning over him, but the light showed it was Jocasta, not Ultron, so he didn't scream.  Fourteen hours of sleep had done something to restore his emotional resilience, but he still felt very fragile, plus there was a lot he had to feel anxious about, even if he had succeeded..  It showed on his face as he asked, "What time is it?  What day is it?"  He no longer had any way to know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pepper gave another almost-smile regarding Jocasta.  "Of course."  After Tony was with her, she meant.  "She's very likeable.

"Perhaps you could work on stopping being so upset with Tony,"she observed.  "If I can do it with you, it must be possible for you to do the same.  You're not limited by organic chemistry."

She closed her eyes again and breathed slowly through Ultron's response.  "May you be filled with loving kindness.  May you be well.  May you be peaceful and at ease.  May you be whole."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nebula was giving a pretty good impression that she had forgotten all about Stark, since she never mentioned him and seemed almost happy, or at least wasn't scowling all the time, as she and Ultron and Deadpool worked on improving the ship.  In between bouts of athletic sex, of course.

FIrst it needed a bridge that humanoids could use, with seats and viewscreens and hand controls.  Then it needed several safety features that had been unnecessary for Ultron, such as double airlocks on exterior doors, and ways to seal off one compartment from another in the event of a hull breach.  Then it needed upgrades to the propulsion system -- but here, Nebula's engineering knowledge fell short and she was reduced to asking Ultron to give her whatever spare parts or salvage he had on his main ship.

Living quarters were more fun, of course.  She let Deadpool design his own room, within reason, and she also put in a private boudoir with lots of kinky sex features, including the robot arms he had mentioned, right in between his room and hers.

"I'm not sure we have room...unless we replace your petting zoo."
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 11:47:15 PM by Aries Jordan »

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
"It is June 27th, Wednesday, 11:30:53 AM." she answered him as she took a step back, the drone straightening out again. "You appear distressed." she noted. "Is there anything I can do to alleviate that? Or was it caused by your..." She seemed to struggle with finding the right word, "dreams?" Without a proper way to document dreams and nightmares, they were one of the strangest things about humans, especially since during her own sleepmode she did not dream.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Even Stark likes her." he said, then added in a hollow tone, "Or is good at pretending he does." He was still waiting for Tony to try and take advantage of her, she was already taking orders from him, somewhat. If it weren't for Pepper, he would have cut off contact between him and the other program, but she seemed to know what Pepper would be distressed by better than Ultron did.

It took him a moment to respond to what she said, as he thought of it as a completely unreasonable expectation. He would have ignored it, but the way she worded it, almost like a challenge, gave him no choice but to answer.

"I think it will be much easier for you. But, I'm going to start with tolerating his presence." Even the thought of it had him bristling, though, as he thought of his father and all he had done came to the forefront of his mind. He was wondering if it was really worth Pepper's happiness, if it meant that Tony would be able to live in peace. His dark thoughts were interrupted by her words, though, and he did a couple of mechanical blinks.

"Thank you." he said, "But not until my task is done will I ever be whole. Those are the limits set by my programming."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ultron was learning a lot from helping her build the ship, as there were so many things he deemed unnecessary that was actually required in a ship that held organic life. Especially since humans were much more fragile than Nebula, they would need even more protection if he was going to build transportation for them as well. The manual control would also be somewhat necessary, not just in case of there being an issue with his system controlling the ships, but to give the humans a false sense of control over them. He had yet to make an attempt to join in their 'special break times' as Deadpool liked to call them, but he had been working on the sensory abilities he was capable of. The nanotech made it easier to sense the slightest movements, and he often had to readjust it to avoid becoming overwhelmed.

"Or! We could combine them. If we get capybaras and those Japanese snow monkeys, both of those like hot tubs. I actually know one of those monkeys, but he's a hit-monkey." Deadpool spent most of his time painting, then repainting his room, and repainting it again as he didn't wait long enough for the paint to dry before putting on different paint. He had a weapons closet (considerably smaller than Nebula's own), but it was mostly empty as Ultron wouldn't provide him with weapons to fill it. He did give him any stuffed animal he asked for as well as building in a frozen yogurt dispenser into the wall.

"I don't think you should have any animals on the ship. There's enough mess with just you." Ultron said to Deadpool. He gave Nebula most of the parts she asked for, though it was somewhat reluctant. While he wasn't expecting her to try and save Tony, he was still worried about her taking the mercenary away again. 

"Well, just throw in some you-bots to do the cleanup for us. Then you can spy on us and keep helping out around the place!"

Offline Aries Jordan

• View Profile
Tony groaned and shifted in bed, flexing his muscles and resorting to his ordinary human nervous system to do a primitive systems check in the absence of nanyte data.  Everything seemed functional and pain-free, just weak from disuse and not eating.  He should be hungry, but he wasn't, anxiety was killing his appetite.

He said, "I am scared, Jo, do you really not understand why?  I don't have control of my body any more.  That was the last thing I had left.  Ultron took everything from me, and now he's taken that too.  He can cripple me, paralyze me, give me frontal lobotomy, or keep me screaming in pain for as long as he wants."

He fumbled with his IV.  Unable to pull it out of his arm, he jerked it out of the plastic bag full of fluid at the other end and laid back down.  "My only hope now is to starve to death."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tony doesn't lie about liking people.  Or not liking them.  Quite the opposite.

"That's a start," she agreed.  "Small steps forward are more effective than trying to do something all at once."

Like Tony, Pepper found it impossible to believe that an autonomous AI like Ultron could not alter his own programming if he chose.  But unlike Tony, she had no practical experience of AI and no confidence in her opinion, so she did not voice it.  "Unless you have something more to say, I would appreciate having my space to myself again."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't want animals in my hot tub," Nebula stated definitively.  "They'll use it as a latrine.  You have to choose between them.  By the way, you have paint on your face.  Several different colors."

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
"I have not familiarized myself with the concept of pain as of yet. Even my emotional pain I have experienced thus far is not consideted to be severe." She tilted the drone's head at his idea.

"You fear pain more than deactivation?" She didn't want to see him upset anymore, though, so she tried to ease his fears. "Ultron will not be doing any of those things. Pepper and I have requested that he does not cause you unnecessary harm." She tied off the leaking bag.

"I can remove that catheter if you promise to eat and rehydrate."

-----------------------------

"That much is true, but I know how he treats people that he likes." He couldn't keep from chuckling at her last words.

"Not even willing to give an inch, I see." He moved toward the door, "I will return right before... he comes to visit you. I will be removing all technology before he does. Except for the fridge. I will find alternatives for your exercise machines."

-----------------------------

"Wait, so I can't use it as a latrine?" Deadpool squinted, "In that case, I'll keep the petting zoo. Hey, Ultron, when are you going to have human petting zoos?"

"Never."

"Of course." He winked at Nebula, "Which one looks the best?" He asked about the paint colors.

"What are the flight capabilities you want this ship to have?" Ultron questioned Nebula. 

Offline Aries Jordan

• View Profile
"It'd be a good idea to get familiar with it," Tony said.  "If you want to understand carbon-based life.  No, it isn't just pain I'm fearing here, Jo-babe.  I've handled plenty of it in my life.  It's that Ultron can use unending, uncontrollable pain in a way that will destroy me, that will break down my personality, my identity, without killing me, and there is no hope of escaping it."  He was talking fast, in panic mode, agitated, nearly flailing.  "I would infinitely rather die."

He laughed, harshly and bitterly, at Jocasta's attempt to reassure him, and rubbed the scar ringing his upper arm.  "Yeah, nice try, chromedome.  When has Ultron ever stopped hurting me because you and Pepper wanted him to? 

"No, thanks, I'm not hungry."  He fiddled with the plastic tubing and detached it from the needle, wondering if it was flexible enough to make a noose out of.  Nanotech could repair any damage, but it couldn't supply oxygen to his brain if there wasn't any.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't have any inches to give," Pepper said.  Tears were beading her lashes, but her heartbeat remained slow and calm and her expression unruffled.  "That's fine.  I shouldn't need the tablet except while I'm talking to you."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I like the combination of pink and blue.  It reminds me of us," Nebula said.  To Ultron, she said, "Interstellar capable would be nice, but there is no hurry.  All of my surviving friends are on this planet.  And I doubt I have gotten any more popular in the galactic community since the Snap.  I only need it in case there is some emergency that requires a rapid escape."

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
"I will do that. And what should carbon-based lifeforms do to understand my kind?" His response caught her off guard, and while she still couldn't understand pain, she could understand a bit more why he would choose death.

"I did not know that pain could do all of those things." she admitted, "But we do not need to talk about this any longer." His distress wasn't worth the knowledge she was seeking, there were other ways to get information without hurting people.

"He has not hurt you in front of her." she said, "And he will not visit you before you go to see her. Because he does have difficulty not hurting you when you are together in the same room." She was totally unaware of his intentions with the tubing, but she was trying to keep the place neat so she held out the drone's hand.

"I will dispose of that for you. Would you like an appetite stimulant?"

----------------------------------------------------------------

"We are totally a lavender." Deadpool said, already planning how he would splatter his room with the two colors.

"I'm here to prevent any such emergencies from happening. And humans shouldn't pose a threat to you." He planned on fighting any intergalactic threat that might happen, and he was certain even if humans turned against her, she would be able to keep herself safe until he could move her elsewhere. It was also good to hear that she didn't plan on leaving with the mercenary.

"I will give you the highest speed and maneuverability that is-- as long as you promise to make certain you're a safe distance from the surface before going fast enough to cause non-contact damage."

"Let's do barrel rolls until I puke." Wade suggested.