Visionary Tales
If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

The times have changed into something dangerous (D.R. Chev)

Offline D.R.Chevalier

• View Profile
Perhaps it was a foolish thing to do, going out during the day, but Anna had a financial prospect to pursue. It was how she was able to maintain some independence from the Coven. If she controlled her own money, she wouldn't have to use the Coven's ill gotten gains. Greyson hated not having complete control of her.

Navigating the mostly empty sidewalk, Anna was careful to keep her hood up and the sun away from her skin. Despite being a new vampire, it didn't hurt too much, but she did experience a nasty burn later. The coven said it was unique to only have that minor of a reaction, a uniqueness that they lauded Greyson for siring.

A gloved hand brought out a smartphone out of the many pockets of her jacket and went to the messages. Sighing with frustration at the message that her client would be late, her eyes raised and went back to the café she had visited last night. The idea of going back inside where a werewolf had been caused Anna's stomach to churn, but she needed to wait somewhere and the werewolves usually didn't cause a scene during daylight or in front of humans.

Stepping into the café, she sat on one of the stools and ordered a tea. While there was no sustenance in the beverage, it caused her no discomfort. The server for the day shift was a woman, and not one she recognized.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Sure enough, the door to the cafe opened a few minutes after she had arrived. She would see the familiar form of the man in the coat that had helped her out, course that didn't really much in the grand scheme of things. Scratching at the back of his head, he dragged his fingernails down to the side of his neck.  Truthfully, he hadn't expected to see Anna again. A look of mild surprise showed on his face as his gaze landed on her. Easily, he walked across the room of the cafe and came to a pause at the table.

"Hey, up for conversation? I know you probably won't want to considering how things went but, I wanted to know if you were okay." Frankenstein said, his voice calm and friendly.

Vampires and werewolves...ancient enemies for some damn reason. Frankenstein didn't really care, he didn't see the point when something far worse was afoot. She seemed alright at the very least, those idiots hadn't made a situation worse it seemed.

Offline D.R.Chevalier

• View Profile
Just as Frankenstein approached, the waitress arrived with Anna's tea. Setting the cup in front of the vampire, she eyed Frankenstein with some suspicion before glancing to Anna, as if asking the vampire if the man was bothering her.

Anna looked up and smiled at both the waitress, giving her a small nod and then to Frankenstein. "Please, have a seat." Unsure as to why the werewolf wanted to speak to her, Anna knew the value of keeping both of their true identities secret from humans. While it would take at least ten humans to take one of them down, there were far more humans than the entire population of werewolves or humans.

Hearing her phone ding once more, Anna dug it out of her pocket and frowned, seeing that her client had to cancel their meeting. It was a large amount of money that would have been exchanged for Anna's services, but it seemed as if the client was only postponing the meeting to another day. In any case, she could at least clear the air with Frankenstein.

"Look, I'm sorry for my idiot... Friends. Or rather... I'm sorry they're idiots. But I just patch them up. Honestly, I'd patch up your... friends too, if they'd give me the chance, but most want to just bite my head off."

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
A nod left him as a silent sign of 'thank you', in which he would take his seat swiftly. His coat moving with the wind of movements and the smell of chemicals and herbs was now more noticeable as he sat across from her. Letting his arms rest on the table, he kept his hands in clear sight of Anna. A sign that he was trying to do that would show he didn't mean to wish her harm. Thus he was keeping his hands away from his pockets so that there would be no reason to get jumpy.

"I recognized your innocence in that matter, that is why I stood up for you. You clearly weren't leading the event and you weren't even really wanting to take part. Besides, even if you were just walking down teh street, those fools wouldn't accept help from you. They are caught in their own heads with a leader who believes things should be the way they always are." Frankenstein responded. "And they aren't friends, just a group of idiots I've met more than once."

A shrug left him; still keeping his hands on the table.

"I wanted to be sure they hadn't sent anyone after ya and i wanted to hear your side on a different matter." Frankenstein added. "Mind if I pull some newspaper clippings out of my coat?"

Offline D.R.Chevalier

• View Profile
Surprised at this werewolf's concern, Anna remained quiet as he spoke. What he said about the other werewolves was so similar to the foolishness that Greyson was exhibiting. Frankenstein was lucky to not have direct relation to his idiots, unlike her relation to Greyson.

Thinking on Greyson some more, Anna saw him as a toad. A brightly colored toad that everyone around wanted to have, but a toad nonetheless. And poisonous. What the others couldn't see past his flashiness and charm was the evil that lurked behind those steel eyes. Anna had seen it, been witness. She had even been a victim of his evil.

Giving a small shudder, as if she were cold, Anna brought her hazel eyes back to Frankenstein's.

"Uh, sure, but I don't know how much help I'll be. I don't keep up with the hum... with the news."

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"I honestly won't be surprised if all the you know whats are ignoring this currently." Frankenstein answered as he pulled the clippings out.

Each of them had their headline in big, black bold lettering with varying words used. "Killer on the loose", "Mysterious murders that are out of a horror novel", "Brutual killing in West Side", "The Mysterious Butcher strikes again", "More mutulatied bodies found", and so on an so forth. Frankenstien didn't pull out the pictures of any of these articles. Not that the news could show everything but keen eyes like werewolves and vampires would easily spot the things the humans couldn't hide. Still, he didn't want to overload Anna.

"People are being slaughtered like cattle and then turned into roadkill," Frankenstein whispered. "Humans are being butchered. All these deaths look like something like one of us is involved and I can't get anyone to take this matter seriously with me. At the rate this is going, it could expose all of us if it's a different supernatural. I guess no one on your end is talking about this then?"

Offline D.R.Chevalier

• View Profile
Funnily enough, Anna had been following these stories. Currently, there were a stack of newspapers and tabloids on her coffee counter at him. Her medical knowledge was what was driving her. Whoever this killer was, they were the Jack Ripper of their time, though this one didn't seem to discriminate who they killed. Anna just happened to be somewhat lucky in the matter.

"I'm the only one on my end looking into it. In fact, I have an inside man slipping me details..."

In her human life, though Anna had been attending medical school to become a nurse, she had been quite the networker back in the day. She knew whose hands to grease, whose to shake, and whose to keep away from. She knew how to get her way without the use of manipulation and with the keen sense of who owed who favors.

Sitting back in her seat and looking thoughtful for a moment, Anna kept her eyes on the articles. She maintained this ruse for a while, pondering over the motivations of this werewolf other than keeping his own hide safe. Then, suddenly, she reached out and took his hand gently, her icy skin touching his hot palm. She pulled their hand down so that their arms were resting on the articles and it looked as if they had been having a sweetheart's discussion.

Looking into his eyes, she smiled. "Oh," she said, her voice switched to a sugar sweet tone, "I don't know about moving in together yet. Don't you think it's a little fast?" Just at that moment, the waitress came back with a refill of hot water for her tea and glass of ice water for Frankenstein.

"Anything I can get you loves? Pancakes to share?"

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"I'm pleased to see I'm not the only one then." Frankenstein said, feeling a sense of relief that someone else was taking this seriously.

Hearing she had a inside source giving her details, he perked up. Looking very intrigued while also happy at the same time. She managed to get someone on the inside to help her out? That was glorious news! Perhaps he should give her the info he had on the case and let her take it over? Then again that would make him lose the only hobby he had formed besides potion making. Course..lives were more important than him getting to do something different for a change.

"Perhaps I should let you take this over then?" He mused to her. "You might be more equipped for it."

Frankenstein at first was confused when she took his hand and covered up the articles, then he remembered they were in a public setting. So he adjusted his position in order to give the illusion more validity. That still didn't stop him from feeling his face heat up with her words, her cold hand felt strange against his own.  Going to try to give a answer to her, the waitress arrived and was asking if they would like anything. Looking up to the waitress, he gave her a kind smile.

"Some sausage with those pancakes please, what about you dear?" Frankenstein asked as he glanced to her. "Pick anything you like, I'm paying today."

Offline D.R.Chevalier

• View Profile
"Oh, the pancakes and the tea are fine for me. You know how I eat baby." Anna had never been one to use pet names in her relationships, but it was such a commonplace thing now that it would seem odd if they didn't. Her eyes flickered to their hands and Anna had to repress the surprise she experienced as she felt the warmth of his hand seep into her own. It was known that vampires really didn't feel anything except for when they were freshly fed, and even then, it was the warmth of another's blood entering their system.

As the waitress wrote the order down, she smiled at the couple. "You two really are cute together..." Walking away without another word, Anna let go of his hand and neatly stacked the articles, placing them facedown in front of Frankenstein.

"I don't have many answers yet, but having an extra ear to the ground, especially on the... the other side of this divide, I think we could figure out who keeps killing..." Perhaps it was cold of Anna, but she refused to respond to the waitress's comment. He was a werewolf and she was a vampire. Maybe, if they were humans, it might be plausible, but they barely knew each other as it was.

"I'm Anna, by the way. It's been a long time since I've had a partner in anything that wasn't lording over me because of pedigree..."

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
It was certainly odd to have someone talk to him in this way, even though it was fake. A real relationship like this was something he...never pursued. It upset his mother to no end of course. She wanted him to find a mate at some point, even if he didn't find one here and now, she just wanted him to look. Give some of the female werewolves a chance...but he didn't. He didn't want to look for someone yet...he didn't feel ready.

THe comment though about them being cute together...it made Frankenstein pause. Him? Being with someone helped it to be cute somehow? Now Anna was lovely...she had a good face, good figure, good hair. If anything, she made things look better compared to him. The man who smelled of chemicals in a trenchcoat that probably looked like he had needed to shave; not having a beard but the messy bit before it. His hair a bit messy...hm..no. He didn't really contribute much in good looks. When the nurse walked away, he pulled his hand back after Anna removed hers.

"Indeed, I don't have anyone helping with this.." Frankenstein answered. "Hm...never had a partner before.."

That was a interesting thought to him. He often did the lone wolf thing, working on things alone and his own way. Even he knew that two heads were better than one but he got that thing to work when he asked people questions or went poking his nose into situations. So...again, no real partner.

"Well pleasure to meet you Anna, I'm Frankenstein. Not as nightmarish as some werewolves make me out to be." Frankenstein replied, giving a big smile as if he was making a joke.

He was..well known in his species at least. Being the only son of the head werewolf alpha and known for sticking his nose into things did...make him a bit more known.