Visionary Tales
9/18/19: Visionary Tales is ELEVEN YEARS OLD! Happy birthday! Leave a post on the site today (anywhere!) as a gift to VT. It's a good day to catch up on replies. (;If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

The times have changed into something dangerous (D.R. Chev)

Offline D.R.Chevalier

• View Profile
Perhaps it was a foolish thing to do, going out during the day, but Anna had a financial prospect to pursue. It was how she was able to maintain some independence from the Coven. If she controlled her own money, she wouldn't have to use the Coven's ill gotten gains. Greyson hated not having complete control of her.

Navigating the mostly empty sidewalk, Anna was careful to keep her hood up and the sun away from her skin. Despite being a new vampire, it didn't hurt too much, but she did experience a nasty burn later. The coven said it was unique to only have that minor of a reaction, a uniqueness that they lauded Greyson for siring.

A gloved hand brought out a smartphone out of the many pockets of her jacket and went to the messages. Sighing with frustration at the message that her client would be late, her eyes raised and went back to the café she had visited last night. The idea of going back inside where a werewolf had been caused Anna's stomach to churn, but she needed to wait somewhere and the werewolves usually didn't cause a scene during daylight or in front of humans.

Stepping into the café, she sat on one of the stools and ordered a tea. While there was no sustenance in the beverage, it caused her no discomfort. The server for the day shift was a woman, and not one she recognized.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Sure enough, the door to the cafe opened a few minutes after she had arrived. She would see the familiar form of the man in the coat that had helped her out, course that didn't really much in the grand scheme of things. Scratching at the back of his head, he dragged his fingernails down to the side of his neck.  Truthfully, he hadn't expected to see Anna again. A look of mild surprise showed on his face as his gaze landed on her. Easily, he walked across the room of the cafe and came to a pause at the table.

"Hey, up for conversation? I know you probably won't want to considering how things went but, I wanted to know if you were okay." Frankenstein said, his voice calm and friendly.

Vampires and werewolves...ancient enemies for some damn reason. Frankenstein didn't really care, he didn't see the point when something far worse was afoot. She seemed alright at the very least, those idiots hadn't made a situation worse it seemed.

Offline D.R.Chevalier

• View Profile
Just as Frankenstein approached, the waitress arrived with Anna's tea. Setting the cup in front of the vampire, she eyed Frankenstein with some suspicion before glancing to Anna, as if asking the vampire if the man was bothering her.

Anna looked up and smiled at both the waitress, giving her a small nod and then to Frankenstein. "Please, have a seat." Unsure as to why the werewolf wanted to speak to her, Anna knew the value of keeping both of their true identities secret from humans. While it would take at least ten humans to take one of them down, there were far more humans than the entire population of werewolves or humans.

Hearing her phone ding once more, Anna dug it out of her pocket and frowned, seeing that her client had to cancel their meeting. It was a large amount of money that would have been exchanged for Anna's services, but it seemed as if the client was only postponing the meeting to another day. In any case, she could at least clear the air with Frankenstein.

"Look, I'm sorry for my idiot... Friends. Or rather... I'm sorry they're idiots. But I just patch them up. Honestly, I'd patch up your... friends too, if they'd give me the chance, but most want to just bite my head off."