Visionary Tales
If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

Beauty was the Beast (w/ readilliea)

Offline PendragonXeno94

• The Hoarder of Notebooks
    • View Profile
Her cheeks darkened as he complimented her name. "Oh... thank you..." She couldn't remember the last time anyone had something genuinely nice to say about her name. But then again, hardly anyone showed her much kindness growing up.

At his comment about not wanting to cause a mess for her staff, she smiled. ""They've cleaned worse, I'm sure." Really, his powder was probably easier to clean than the carcasses of animals she would drag in to eat.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"You're welcome." Inle said.

However the man winced as he felt a tug in his back, speak of the devil his wings were getting tired of being stuck in there. Course he was very experienced with keeping them in and it was the first time they shifted about in him. A small breathe left him as he rotated the attached shoulder.

"True...it's like glitter though, once it gets somewhere it gets everywhere and even after cleaning, it likes to stay behind somehow." Inle adds. "My house is like a powder room."

A laugh left him, seeing as how he saw the state of his adopted mother's powder room well...he was pretty sure it was close enough.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Amaryllis laughed slightly. Silly man.

"Well, it would still better to have powder everywhere than blood and guts." She hoped she didn't give too much away for saying that. Well, at least he couldn't see her facial expression twist into one of disappointment and disgust towards herself.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Well at least blood and guts potentially came from hunting game for food or the fur for warmth or even a means to provide income for one's self." Inle responded sincerly yet without a issue at all. "Now yes, if it's a murder from a attacker or a innocent it's not a good thing. However if it's used for the reasons above, it's much more acceptable and easier to deal with as it's something done through cleaning the animal or preparing it for other means."

A shrug left his bony shoulders.

"My....father...was a bit of a hunting enthusiast. Sure he did hunt for food despite being a nobleman but there was another reason to his hunts, he kind of had to. It wasn't explained very well too me but I'm guessing he suffered from something, perhaps a type of lycanthropy or just a supernatural insticnt that refused to be tamed. So he was often the one to go hunting and brought back things that he or my mother would eat. Sometimes he gave the spoils to the few friends they had or a random person." he added.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Well... Amaryllis made a point to only hunt animals. She certainly wouldn't take it out on some poor passerby. But as Inle told her how his father liked to hunt, she crossed her legs for a moment. So his father was a werewolf? She chose to hold her tongue for the time being.

"I wouldn't say I'm a hunting enthusiast, but my mother was. She would go out most mornings just to get out of the castle. My father was... less than tolerable some days."
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 10:13:03 PM by PendragonXeno94 »
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"I see, sometimes my mother hated how sometimes he'd come back all torn up or he'd return with something less...ediable than other times. I can remember one time he brought something back that was toxic it you eat it to certain species and mother was one of them. So it made her mad. I think that incident was what made her have staff check whatever he brought back in the lower levels." Inle said, a small shrug leaving him. "Other than those rare incidents, it wasn't too bad. I got used to rare glimpse of him slinking down the stairs with blood trailing after him."

Though it always made him a bit scared. IF his father truly had lycanthropy, didn't that mean they would go out of control in that form? Inle never saw what their father's other form was...just knew that the excessive hunting despite their wealth, was a key point.

"Course, due to my fragility, I could never partake in hunts. Or anything as dangerous." Inle added, moving the topic along. "It might've made him happy though, he never once asked me if I wanted to go with him. I can remember asking one time and I got a really...scary look that meant absolutly not."