Visionary Tales
9/18/19: Visionary Tales is ELEVEN YEARS OLD! Happy birthday! Leave a post on the site today (anywhere!) as a gift to VT. It's a good day to catch up on replies. (;If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

[M]y Jolly Sailor Bold

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Rubbing his head slightly, he sank back in his seat. Wincing slightly at the pain that would go through his chest.Song? Sea wolf? IT didn't ring any bells in his mind as he sat there.

"I don't have a clue what just happened..." Sirius started. "I think...I think the sea's affecting me somehow due to my curse. Back at that town, I stayed away from the water except for fishing. Now it's...staring me right in the face if I glance out a window.."

A cold chill slowly went through his spin as he forced himself up. Pulling at the curtains, he tried to hide the water from sight. Of course this made the house slightly darker before he sighed. Regretting the movements he made before he slowly collapsed back in the chair.

"There's no...no full moon coming up...right?" Sirius asked in a worried voice.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• The Hoarder of Noebooks
    • View Profile
Letting him pull the curtains to cover the window, Maria sat on the floor next to him and placed her hands on one of his arms.

She shook her head when he asked her about a full moon. "One week," she said. Perhaps if he had recovered enough, she could help him get back to the village before Ripper and his crew could stumble upon them.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Okay, one week till it...good." Sirius muttered, seeming to be slightly at ease with that information. "Where do we go from here though? Ripper's no doubt pissed and he's probably doubling his efforts. The fact you've slipped away from him twice no doubt has him fumming mad."

Going back to the village was a foolish idea in his mind. Sure he had long gotten used to being on land with his curse, but...Ripper would no doubt leave crew behind to watch the place. If...oh god, what if the village wasn't standing anymore?

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Maria shrugged as she glanced down at the floor. As much as she wanted to stay, she knew that it wouldn't be until Ripper was dealt with.

In fact, she couldn't really think of anywhere they could go before they were found again.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
The silence and lack of response did nothing to assure him, causing the man to glance to the side. Oh boy...what could they do..? He didn't know the sea well and frankly, he didn't want to go out there with no real direction. Going out to sea without a destination was suicide, if you had no destination you had no means to navigate. And besides...a small boat wouldn't last long out in the open waters. It would eventually get overturned by a wave or a storm could easily take it out.

"If we do go anywhere, we're gonna need to get a ship. Sure you can swim easily and...part of my curse will allow it but....changing into either form isn't appealing right now. Even more so just to travel.." Sirius started. "Before we get a ship, we need a destination..."

Where though? That  was the problem. They couldn't just sit here and twiddle their thumbs. Time was moving against em and they already wasted valuable time here; granted he was hurt but still.

"Maria....do you know anyone who might know a different way to remove the curse? Ripper won't expect us to go to the place he stole the peral from." Sirius asked.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
When asked if she knew who would know an alternative to break the curse, Maria pursed her lips for a moment. "Sea witch."

She walked to him and leaned against the table. "Sea witch. She's... not far." Gesturing to the northeasterly direction, she pointed to the horizon. "Outcrop."

Surely, she was the one who would know about the curse if she wasn't the one who Ripper stole from.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Glancing to where Maria was pointing, Sirius pondered the new information. Sea Witch...oh boy.

"It's our best bet...even though it's dangerous." Sirius answered. "Just a few more days and we'll go there, I'm not up for traveling but...how would we get there? The boat is small, it might not make it far enough."

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
"I... can swim," she said. "Pull... the boat."

She made a tugging gesture to emphasize her point.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"You sure about that? It's one thing to just swim freely in the ocean, it's another to be trying to pull something against the waves." Sirius questioned, expressing his concern on this matter.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Maria nodded.

"Can do it," she said softly.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Sirius nodded, not going to question her as she seemed confident with her answer. He couldn't keep talking for much longer sadly as he ended up passing out as his body wasn't quite back up to strength. A couple of days passed slowly and Sirius had regained more of his strength. The full moon was a day away though and he could already feel the wolf stirring in him, it was quite...uncomfortable honestly.

"Anything else we need?" Sirius asked as he finished tying down the bags of food they had gathered in the time period since they agreed to leave the small island.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Maria left Sirius be as he passed out. She simply started gathering the supplies they would need for the journey.

After a couple of days, she and Sirius were getting things around before he asked her if they needed anything else. She shook her head as she positioned herself to push the boat out to where she could start pulling it to the open water.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Since he was well enough to help push the boat, he did his best to shove it into the water with her aid. As he felt the water splash at his ankles and slowly rise up, he could feel the urge to jump into the water and go swimming. Fighting it as best he could, he would heave himself up into the boat. Landing with a slight thump into it. Sitting up, he would gather the rope that Maria would be pulling on and he'd hand it to her.

"If this becomes too hard, we can turn back. Figure out another plan, so don't strain yourself if you find this harder to do. Alright?" Sirius told her.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Taking the rope, Maria nodded and began to swim to the open water.
--
The Sea Night was gently rocked by the unusually calm waves as Ripper paced around his quarters. The pearl rested in one palm as he huffed impatiently. "Where the devil would we find another mermaid?" he said to himself. "T'aint been nothin' but a hassle after my one chance got away."

"Cap'n?" one of the crew members asked as he opened the door.

"What?"

"There's been no word from the doctor..."
The dragon becomes me...