Visionary Tales
9/18/19: Visionary Tales is ELEVEN YEARS OLD! Happy birthday! Leave a post on the site today (anywhere!) as a gift to VT. It's a good day to catch up on replies. (;If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

[M]y Jolly Sailor Bold

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Personality......goes away when in those forms. I'm not myself anymore and the curse controls me. Trust me, it's a bad idea to let me transform..." Sirius said. "I don't like changing anyway....it's painful. Everything changing while it stripes what is left of me away....but...I know it's only getting stronger. Some of the crew were tolerable when i first met em all. Now some of them are ill tempered like Benson, quick to snap or quick to embrace what the curse has done to em."

A shrug left him. Maybe he just too deseperately wanted to stay somewhat human?

Online PendragonXeno94

• The Hoarder of Notebooks
    • View Profile
Maria glanced at the floor for a moment. It must have been awful to want to be human and yet have to fight a more primal side. Her nose scrunched at the mention of Benson. "Ugh." It was then that she saw Ripper walk over to her side.

"How's your speakin' goin', lass?" he asked her.

"It... is fine," she answered.

"Oh! Yer catchin' on quickly. How'd ye like to have dinner with me tonight?"

Maria blinked. "I..."

"Doc can come, too. He can be..." He moved his hands in a small circular motion for a moment before he continued. "A sorta chaperone, ye see."
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Sirius chuckled at her response about Benson, a small smile coming to his face as he sat there. That smile quickly vanished as the Captain appeared. Letting Maria speak as that was why he was down here. Although...he didn't see the point of having dinner with em. What was the Captain up to? A confused blink left him as he sat there, about to answer when there was a boom and the ship was rocked from side to side. As if something struck the water clsoe to the ship and caused it to shift violently.

"What the..." Sirius muttered as he braced himself.

"CAPTAIN! Navy dogs are on our arse and shooting with their canons!" A crew mate called from above deck, the distance boom whistled in the air once more.

"GET DOWN!!" someone above deck ordered.

Bracing himself once more, the ship shifted harshly once more. As the cannon ball was closer this time. Either the navy would shoot em down or they would have to do something.

Online PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Maria fell off of the barrel as the ship rocked violently.

"Dammit all!" snarled Ripper. "Stay down 'ere, lass. Doc, yer comin' with me." He readied his pistol and cutlass as he turned to the stairway. "I'm gonna need ye up deck!" With that, he rushed up the stairs and rallied the crew to mount an attack, beginning to shift as he did so.

Maria brought herself up before the ship shifted again, making her grab the barrel for support. "Be... careful," she said.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"m...me?" Sirius stammers out. "I'm a doctor, Ripper! Tending wound sin the middle of the fight will jus..."

His words meant nothing, he had to go out there with him. Swallowing nervously, he got up to follow. Only to pause as Maria spoke and he looked at her. His fearful and nervous expression was on his face, attempting to think of something to say to comfort her. But ultimately failing at it. A weak nod left him as he couldn't think of a single thing to say. Even saying he would wasn't a option. That wouldn't provide comfort..so the doctor rushed out and onto the top part of the deck. Going to have to work through the chaos despite it being far wiser to help get people out of harms way to treat em.

The sounds of fighting would soon reach her ears after the booms faded into smaller ones, the sounds of pistols firing as the two ships were very close to each other now. Shouting seemed to intensify as the two different crews clashed with one another.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 02:51:32 AM by readlliea »

Online PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
As she watched him go topside, Maria could hear the cannons go off before they were replaced by pistols and shouting. She didn't really have anything to help. Unless...

She eyed a small dagger that sat in Ripper's quarters. Going in, she plucked it off the desk and made her way up the stairs. She weaved her way through, staying out of sight in case she needed to hurry below deck once more.

She was almost in the thick of the battle when her body jolted from another cannon blast, and she looked to see the other ship's mast beginning to fall over. She did her best to run before a stray bullet struck her leg.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
The creaking of wood would break through the sounds of battle and Sirius was struggling. The overwhelming smell of blood was making it rise to the surface, clawing at him from within to try and escape. This didn't really affect the pirates much, they were used to fighting. So used to this that they had a bit more..control in this minute. And yet, he felt his heart twist and sink as he spotted Maria up here. Running to her as fast as he could, he didn't even think that there was a chance that the mast could crush him too. Sliding to a stop beside her, he raised his arms up and braced himself. Only to feel a horrible and hefty weight press down upon him!

A pained sound left him as his knees buckled, his body being pushed down as he struggled with it. Gritting his teeth, he groaned as he tried harder. Tried to push up, to use his arms or just anything!! However, the physical strain and life threatening situation was the last push it needed. His groan slowly turned into a growl as his gritted teeth became sharper, turning into fangs. He could feel it, the beast that lived just under the skin. The strength it held....it surged through him to where he was able to adjusting his stance and slowly started to push the broken mast up as he stood up more. His back was currently toward Maria although she'd notice that the man now sported....a mostly white wolf tail that had bits of grey in it.

The fur puffed up as it stood on end, the growling grew louder as he pushed the mast up a little higher. A flick of his tail to the right as he felt it taking over. A hunting ground...filled to the brim with prey. A hunt that could last him hours at the most....as the strength filled him, he felt something else. Hunger. The beast never got to hunt, never got to truly catch it's meals. Always the humanity that was in this weak body was holding it back. Trying to keep itself going, to keep itself human. Pathetic really.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 07:02:48 PM by readlliea »

Online PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Maria tried her best to limp away when Sirius caught the mast and began to push it back. She was about to try and yell for him, but she watched in horror as he began to shift. His tail and ears began to appear as he stood and moved the mast up. His growling didn't do much for her either.

Then, a naval officer spotted her and fought his way towards her. "What's a woman doing up here?" he asked. He stopped when he saw the wolf holding the mast up and aimed his pistol.

"Stop!" Maria cried, bringing herself up and vying to pull the pistol of his hand.

"You stop!" he snapped. "I'm trying to help you!"
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Canine ears emerged and twitched, sporting a mostly black color with a white marking on the backs of them that was small. Dropping the mast to the side, Sirius grabbed the sides of his head as the boat shifted towards slight due to the sudden weight before rising back up. Trying his best to resist everything that the beast was trying to push him toward. He still had most of his human features, for one his face and the build of his body; save for the canine parts that were already showing. The muscles he had were showing more of the strength that the monster had, making his long sleeved shirt and vest look a bit tighter on him.

Ears perked to the sound of Maria's voice, the sound of distres....looking over his shoulder, his iris's were consumed with the golden color that they turned into when the beast was closer to the surface. A low snarl could be heard as Sirius felt the last of himself be forced under. With a inhuman speed, he spun around and seemed to vanish from sight for a moment. Only for three long claws to rake the back of the naval officer. Causing blood to spray up into the air and even on Sirius.

Online PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
"I-" Maria continued to struggle with the man before she saw him get clawed in the back and hearing a pained scream escape him.

"Lass!" shouted Ripper. "Get back down!"

She froze for a moment, watching as Sirius gave in to his darker side. It wasn't until she saw Sirius continue to attack the man that she took a step forward. "Siri-"

"Go, lass!" Ripper pushed her toward the stairs, making her lose her balance and tumble down. Hissing through her teeth, she pressed a hand to her leg wound and looked up in despair. This curse was worse than she thought...
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Even with teh deep claw marks in the man's back, Sirius sank his fangs into them. Slamming em down to the ship's deck as they unaware now that Maria was nearby. Tail lashing behind him as he tore flesh off the poor officer. There was no saving the poor man at this point and honestly the missing chunk of flesh and blood loss didn't convince the beast that this person was dead. Grabbing a hold of their head, he slammed it down against the deck with a sickening crack echoing only in their own ears. Deep and heavy breathes left them as they waited a few minutes before something snapped back into place mentally. The feral look faded from his eyes and a look of horror came over his face.

"no...no..." Sirius muttered, feeling his stomach twisting due to the taste of blood in his mouth.

His original eye color was trying to return to his eyes but the golden color was rather persistant as the beast didn't want to let him go yet. Looking down at his hands, they were covered in red as they started to shake. Normally the sight of blood wouldn't freak him out when he was working. But that was to heal....this...this was the blood of someone he just murdered. Murdered in a horrible and feral fashion. His face controted to one of pain as he could feel the beast trying to resume control. Shaking as he grabbed at his head, gritting his fangs hard as his tail bristled, lashing from side to side as well.

"no no....leave me....alone..." Sirius growled to himself, trying his hardest to resist as chaos still was going on around him.

He felt like anything was going to let it resume control...he didn't want that. He didn't want to be more of a monster..

Online PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Maria found an area below deck where she could stay behind a few crates and pull the bullet out of her leg. She let out a small yelp before she tossed the bullet to the side. She began to heal her leg, though she noticed that it wasn't healing properly. There would likely be a tiny scar once she can get it completely healed.

The crew paid no mind to Sirius as they continued to fend the navy off, have a few officers fall to their blades. One final cannon blast had the enemy's ship sinking, with many of those onboard abandoning ship. Some looked over their shoulder at him as the fighting died down. They couldn't understand why he was so afraid of his hands being covered in blood.

"We got ourselves a hunt, lads!" yelled Ripper, his eyes turning a dark orange and diving into the water. He had seen Sirius lament over what he did, but he knew that he would get over it... even if he's wallowing in self hatred. Ripper's head morphed into that of a black wolf and his new seal body helped him quickly maneuver through the billowing waves of red, clenching his jaws on any poor victim he could find.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Hunt...the beast surged forward at that word. Causing Sirius to jerk as he felt it's power starting to overwhelm him again. A hunt meant food, food was prey that would keep it alive. Feeling the beast trying to rise the rest of the way, Sirius stood up slowly. Taking a single step before gaining enough of himself to do something to try and stop himself. The crew were all off the ship and the man's fangs plunged into his own arm. A muffled sound left him as the pain radiated throughout his entire body. Disrupting the control the beast was having over him. Despite it hungering for flesh and blood, his own body revolted against the control as a new feeling went through him. Pain from a alternate source. The taste of blood was quick to coat the inside of his mouth and in turn, he bite down harder as he turned and rushed down the stairs.

He had to hide. Find some confined space that he could just lock himself behind. Staggering down the steps, he was still unaware of Maria and she'd find him with a expression that showed pain, fear, but also the mental struggle that was still going on. There weren't many areas of the ship to hide in....and he found himself grabbing hold of a large barrel as he couldn't stand the taste anymore. Releasing his arm, he heaved and coughed. Spitting out the blood as he fell to his knees. Tail still bristled but at least his canine ears had gone away.

Online PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Maria let out a gasp as Sirius came down the stairs with his arm in his mouth. She nearly called out to him, though fear coursed through her body. Once he was spitting out blood, she pressed her body against a crate. "Stay-" Drawing in her lip, she bit a little too hard and felt a drop of blood pooling up; she quickly had it heal before Sirius could smell it.

"N-No hurt," she said. Peeking out, she could see that he was spitting out blood and on his knees. She wasn't about to approach him as she knew what he was capable of. For now, she remained hidden behind the crates and kept an eye on him, wondering where everyone else was... she shuddered slightly as she pictured what he did to the poor man.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
The voice...it was a meek sounding voice.  So far away or low sounding....Maria? Eyes going wide as he sat there. Oh no....oh no...did he...had he done something to her too? Sure he knew about the officer, they were what triggered it. But...had he....ooh no. What if he had? Grabbing his head, his body shuddered as he stayed put. Making a sound in his hands that was hard to say if it was muffled crying or something else. Forcing himself to stand up, he could feel the strain on his body starting to take hold. Considering how much he always fought this thing, he expended so much more energy.

Staggering over to the barrel that still hold fish in it. He grabbed a few by the tails and staggered out of the room. A hand still against his head as he went to his own quarters. Thankful that he had one behind a door he could lock. Which he made sure to lock when he went inside. Leaning against the door, there was no plan. Either he'd pass out here and now or he'd eat something before being rendered unconcious. Either way...his mind was already feeling like a haze was in it. A haze that often came with being extremely tired or mentally/physically drained. Sliding down, he took to sitting  on the floor. Taking deep and uneven breathes.