Visionary Tales
If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

[M]y Jolly Sailor Bold

Offline PendragonXeno94

• The Hoarder of Notebooks
    • View Profile
As Ripper returned to his ship, Maria stayed on the far end of the island, where she drew out in the sand how she and Sirius would escape to get to the sea witch. Though she didn't know when Sirius would regain full control of himself, she did wonder if she could just get him to their boat and have her friends pull them along as fast as their bodies would allow.

"Hm."
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Damn it...DAMN IT!!" Sirius growled as he saw the man was clearly dead.

As a doctor, it was just something that always got under his skin. Sure, he didn't like the crew that got him stuck with this curse. But that didn't mean they all deserved to just be slaughtered all because the Captain lost his patience. A sigh left him as he moved away from the body, his pants and part of his shirt were now soaking wet with water and bits of blood. That was it, that was the last stray in Sirius's mind...no more. As much as he hated this route to take, he was going to give Ripper a piece of his own medicine...and he was going to make sure he took something off the bastard.

All he had to do was wait and see, wait for them to come back like they claimed they were. Ripper was pissed, he was going to keep his word on that. His prize was here and so was Sirius....the Captain wouldn't stay away for long...Sirius knew that. And he'd be waiting.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Ripper returned a few hours later, bound and determined to find Maria. "She's gotta be here somewhere," he murmured as he trudged around the island. His prize had to be here. She wouldn't have gone far without Sirius as she seemed too attached to him at this point.

"C'mon, lass," he called. "Enough of yer games. Yer needed for our problem." He patted his knees. "C'mon now."
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Sirius was ready for him, sitting and waiting. The beast in him still felt too close to the surface but it hadn't tried to come out as he waited. Hearing the man's voice though, he felt the urge to change. As if turning into a monster was the only way he stood a chance. However, he kept himself together. When Ripper had walked past his hiding place, Sirius lunged. Attempting to slam a fist into Ripper's face.

Even if his attack missed, Sirius would skid to a halt and turn to face the man. Brows narrowed as a huff of air left him.

"Have you finally lost your mind due to your curse? I know killing isn't anything new to you but seriously? You just mauled the one guy because he was telling you facts." Sirius remarks, adjusting his stance. "I'm fed up with you."

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Feeling someone try to hit him, Ripper yelped in surprise and turned to see Sirius facing him. He shook his head as Sirius chastised him about killing one of his crew and how fed up he was. "Now, doc," he started, "t'aint no proper way to speak to me. Bones was a... casualty, see? I told 'im to get the mermaid. He failed. He know what was comin'."

He squared his shoulders as he narrowed his gaze at him. "Now, just let me get the girl and we'll be on our way. I want this curse gone as much as you do..."
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Oh it's proper, cause I'm talking your language." Sirius growled as he stood there, his white hair standing on end. "A failure doesn't mean death, it's not their fault that the situation was baffling and they didn't know quite how to handle it. It's called seeing when there's a challenge and trying to figure out the best way to go about it. How many crew members have you killed just cause they failed in your eyes? I bet you're down half a crew by now."

It was a guess, considering the way Ripper was prior to him telling crew members that he was going to station them on islands to see if they could spot one. Without a doctor or surgeon on the boat, casualties would rise. And pirates lived a dangerous life.

"By doing what exactly? Killing a mermaid? Using her through some painful means that could make her miserable for the rest of her life? You never said just what would happen to Maria if we used her." Sirius questioned. "Have you returned the pearl to where it came from? Have you sough amends through that way? No? Then you're clearly doing this with a one track mind when there are other avenues you haven't tried yet!!"

The doctor's wolf tail would emerge behind him, puffing up as the fur bristled and a growl left his throat as the wolf tried to push further to the surface.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Ripper's nostrils flared as Sirius told him that failure didn't mean death and questioned him about what was to happen to Maria. "T'aint none of yer damn business what's left of my crew!" he snarled, his tail suddenly emerging from behind. "My way has always worked! Ye should try it sometime. And as for the lass... best not worry 'bout her. If she lives, she'll be put to good use, I'm sure."

Fangs began to show as he eyed Sirius.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Your  way is a real shitting way!" Sirius growled. "And no, I ain't trying your ways and it is very much my buisness when it comes to Maria."

A snarl left the doctor as Ripper made his remark about if maria lived, she'd be put to use. That only meant a few things and none were good. And that was a IF she lived. That meant that whatever the process was, it probably had the high chance of taking away her life. Wolf ears emerged from the top of his head as he stood his ground.

"You aren't touching her." Sirius stated, his tone showing he was serious on this. "If you even try, you're gonna lose something. SO you best try and find some other way to fix your mess, such as returning that damned pearl."

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Ripper growled as fur began to stand on its end on his neck, his fangs slowly grew out. "The pearl ain't goin' anywhere," he snarled. "An' it seems that ye care fer the lass." A sinister grin overtook his lips before he charged and body slammed Sirius.

With his claws growing out, he dug into Sirius' chest and attempted to bite into his arm and side.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:16:31 PM by PendragonXeno94 »
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Then you're a dumbass." Sirius replied.

He didn't respond as Ripper remarked about how he cared about the lass. Sirius did care for her, much more than he had in a long while. Still, a snarl left him as the other lunged at him. Claws hitting his chest, he could feel the pain of them sink in for a few moments before they were ripped out to try and hit him elsewhere. Sirius backstepped to avoid the fangs hitting into him. Balling up his hand into a fist, he attempted to punch the Captain in the head. Even if he missed, Sirius would attempt to slam his boding into him. The effort to get them on the ground to try and pin them.