Visionary Tales
If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

Every hero loses something eventually (Ori)

Offline Commanderori

• View Profile
Vex just gives him a toothy grin, nodding in response.

His comment about his company needing the support makes her sigh though, slowly nodding again. "True, I guess. I'm not really in position to pick at how people get off the ground given who and what I am. Still gets my hackles up though, so much of what I deal with coming out of them to begin with. Guess I'm just grouchy today, go figure." Giving an exaggerated harrumph vex smiles again, sipping at her drink. "Wellll.... Not to bad really. Nothing major has gotten into the city that we know of besides this damn bug. Even most of the myths are keeping things... civil, or as much as the fangheads and doggies are ever civil with each other. I've been feeling healthy, and one of my sisters popped in for a visit the other day. Technically bringing me a new toy Gran cooked up, but we hung out for a few hours afterwards. We get along better when there aren't eighteen of us all living under the same roof, huge estate or not." It certainly hadn't been her tendency to get into fights with stuff causing problems either, no siree. Mikata training her to better control herself helped, but there was only so much it could do without time and experience.

The quiet had never really sat well with her truth be told. She always found herself waiting for the next shoe to drop, though how much was trepidation and how much was anticipation depended on her mood at the time.

After another forty five minutes or so of chattering with him, Vex sets her third cup down on it's saucer and sighs, slipping her boots off of the table finally. "Well, it's been fun kid but I need to get back to work. City isn't going to protect itself and all that. I'll drop by once we manage to secure a sample for you." Turning, Vex stops by the till on the way out to pay for them, giving Kurt a wave as she exits the building.

----------

Several days had passed without any word from Vex, when out of the blue she shoulders her way into the store he's working it. Much like most of the other mid tier shops it had been quite clean until she walked in, trailing a thin layer of ash and smelling strongly of fire and smoke. She didn't seem injured, but the irregulars around the room  took one look at her and the faintly glowing container she's holding and scram.

She doesn't even bother to shake off the smoke before walking to the back of the store where the actual lab they mixed the compounded drugs and assorted magical influences that needed to be fresh was, again brushing through the door like she owned the place and thumping the container down on the table where it hisses gently, being quite hot. "Well. That was a fun experience. Not sure why you would, but ah... don't go down to low district four for the next couple of days. Its tram station had an. . . incident."
Bullets might have someone’s name on them, but 20 kilos of high explosives is more “To whom it may concern”.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Kurt gave a light chuckle at her remark about her just being grouchy this day. Sometimes a day to be grumpy or grouchy did arise and with what Vex had to deal with today, he couldn't blame her. Dealing with a potiental virus that was making non-humans more dangerous, perhaps even against that person's intentions or desires....it was a sad thing. The person suffering from this issue could not be in control at all. Clearing his throat, Kurt shook his head to shake the thoughts away. No need to get all depressing in one's own head.

"Yes....it is infuriating that it's how things go. Perhaps one day it'll change." Kurt replies, fiddling with his drink before he took a long sip from it.

The conversation faded to the more pleasant things. Hearing that her sister had visited and it was a good one, kept the smile on his face.

"There ya go, it's good to hear that your own space has certainly helped with relations to your family." Kurt adds, a faint chuckle left him. "It seems to have done the opposite with my parents for a few years but, mother is coming round at least."

A new toy? Oh dear, he could see the chaos caused now. Oh well. Whatever floats one's boat he supposed. And for Vex, many things fit in that boat. The conversation continued for a nice amount of time and honestly, Kurt felt a bit of displeasure that it had to end. She was right though. She had a city to protect.

"I understand, be safe out there Vex." Kurt told her. "Sounds good and I do mean it, be safe."

With that, the encounter ended.
------------------

To be honest...Kurt found himself watching the news more. Trying to learn anything he could about this virus and partially out of worry for the lack of contact with Vex. HE knew better than to call her too much and he did his best to not send her messages as he didn't want to distract her. Or encroach on her privacy. She did say she would show up when she had a sample and samples were hard to get.  But what if she got this virus in her efforts to get a sample? What if she was lying somewhere losing her senses?

"Uh....Kurt?" A voice called, snapping him out of his thoughts and causing him to look at a coworker. "I uh...I think you have a visitor, since that lady is only ever here to see you.."

"Vex? She's here?" Kurt questioned before setting what he was working on down and quickly rushing out of the small room he was working in.

Rounding the corner, he was relieved to see her and not too surprised by her ash covered form. Though he was surprised to hear the canister hissing and even more surprised by her words.

"Ooooh...uh...well then, I guess that accident was quite the fire show." Kurt replies, removing his gloves in order to put on fresh ones to avoid any potential cross contamination. "You feeling okay? Would you like some water or a moment to sit?"

With the new gloves on, he approached the counter. Taking note to not get too close to the container. Still, he bent his knees a little so he could inspect the outside of the canister. It seemed to be containing the sample within it. Good. The heat from the canister was probably helping to keep the sample alive, since it didn't last long outside of a host. Perhaps the cold affected it? He couldn't risk that kind of testing though. This sample was already hard enough to get, he couldn't afford to lose this one.

"So this is our sample? Learn anything more about this thing that the news and articles aren't telling?" Kurt added.

Offline Commanderori

• View Profile
Snapping around when Kurt enters the room Vex flexes her fingers slightly before relaxing, still clearly a bit jumpy. Stepping to the side and back a bit, she gets out of his way, nodding at his question. "Everything with me is a fireworks show." Watching him change his gloves, vex shakes her head at the rest of his question. "No. I'm good. No..." A scarily enthusiastic smile creeps across her face as she speaks, and she breaths heavily through her nose. "In fact, I'm Great!"

Bouncing on the balls of her feet Vex leans forwards a bit, hands clenched. "That's the best fight I've had in ages! There wasn't anyone in the terminal when I got there, no trains or anything, just the monster tearing up the ticket booth." Starting to pace back and forth, Vex continues speaking animatedly, talking with her hands as much as her mouth. As she is, there's a weird afterimage swishing behind her, and the smoke around her seems to thicken slightly. "Didn't have to hold back for even a minute! It was awesome! Took most of the terminal out sure, but not only did the monster not get away but Ignas was able to grab a sample of its blood before we had to dispose of it."

Stopping her pacing, vex seems to realize she's being a bit too enthusiastic about having killed someone and severely damaged part of the city. Stopping her pacing she inhales deeply before breathing out through her nose, shaking herself as she does so. "R-right. Sorry. Uh... usually don't go visiting after a fight like that. I... really like the fighting part of my job and I get a bit keyed up afterwards. And that was a hell of a fight. Don't know how the news is gonna play that one off." Taking another moment to try and settle herself, Vex suddenly huffs and gives it up as a bad job, stepping back over to the table where the container is.

Taking the handle on top of it with one hand, she uses her other to tap in a short keycode on the side of it and pulls up, steam hissing from it as she pulls a smaller container out of the enclosure with a vial of blood suspended in several spindly but well secured arms. "Here. Obviously you should be extremely careful opening this thing given how dangerous it is but... I still cant think of anywhere else to take it. Wouldn't trust a random corp lab with it for sure, they'd probably just figure out how to use it as a weapon." Setting the new enclosure down on one of the sterile trays, she backs off from it as she didn't want to get any ash or anything that could contaminate it more involved than it already was. "Oh and don't touch the outer box. Its hot enough to scald you, though that inside bit should be safe... ish."
Bullets might have someone’s name on them, but 20 kilos of high explosives is more “To whom it may concern”.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
She was...great?

"Oh?" Kurt replied, tilting his head.

Kurt stayed quiet as Vex spoke of the fight, her feelings on it, how she described it, and how animated she became as she waved her hands about. Even seeming to do small reenactments of the fight; thankfully the parts that didn't involve throwing or destruction causing. His smile remained but it was more for Vex than the joy of getting the sample. It was rare to see her like this. So alive in the happy way, excited and eager. He had seem her get excited in a fight when the two of them were wrapped up in that mess that helped them become friends, but this was outside of a fight. These were her feelings that were still going strong. It was nice to see. It showed she was happy.

"Well I'm sure that the city will understand that stopping a out of control, virus controled supernatural is much more important than damage control." Kurt said with a nod."Vex, it's all good. I'm happy that you're still overjoyed, nothing is wrong with that."

Pondering for a moment, he shrugged when she mentioned the news. The news could blow it up or try to paint Vex in the negative, hard to say. The news did what it wanted for views or what they were paid to do; often those went hand in hand. Ignore the important issues....focus on the minuet things. Kurt chuckled as she gave him warnings on equipment he had used before.

"Thank you for the warnings." Kurt said, his smile growing. "Thank you for bringing it here, I promise it won't get turned into a weapon. HOpefully it can be turned into a cure for whatever is happening out there.

Kurt studied it with his eyes, keeping his hands away from it. Well, he didn't quite know how well this would go. The sample would have to last through several tests, hopefully they'd get answers. Even hints would be nice but real answers was much more desirable.

"Alright, well I should get to work on this as swiftly as I can. Plus I'm sure you still want to ride this energy high you got going." Kurt added, chuckling. "I just need to finish a few things and I'll be straight to work on this."

Kurt was planning on pulling a alnighter if he could. After all, this was more important...they needed to get answers and this was the chance. After all....what if he lost his friend to this? That wasn't what he wanted.

The day seemed to pass quickly, Kurt had kept to his desire. Working on this one thing for as much time as he could. Some tests would take all day to do, so he started those ones first. Letting the sample be whirled around in a solution that was trying to dissect it. The lab had shut down by now, a dark cold night was what everything looked on the outside. The main room that Kurt kept himself to was lit with a annoying bulb, it liked to flicker and at night, it was worse. He wasn't sure why that was. So hearing the fuzzy bzzzt ring out, he sighed and set his equipment down.

Removing his gloves, he tossed them in the biohazard wastebin and pulled out step ladder. Grabbing the oven mit he used to fix the bulb, he set to work on making sure the thing was fine. It's bzzzt stopped going off and he let out a sigh.

"Alright. Now I can keep working." Kurt muttered as he got down, returning the step ladder and mit to their place.

Offline Commanderori

• View Profile
Raising an eyebrow at him, Vex shakes her head slightly. "Nothing wrong with a monster taking out a chunk of the city, and enjoying it. Right. You're a weird kid Kurt, but that's not a bad thing." Nodding at his comment, Vex pats him on the shoulder as she walks past trailing dust. "Yea, or maybe a drink, nap, or shower. Not necessarily in that order. I'll catch up with you later, if you learn anything you've got my cell." Striding out of the back room, Vex pauses just long enough to give his coworker a grin that makes the blood drain out of his face before exiting the building. No matter how effective she could be, it always worried her a little after she'd had that sort of fight and it was best to go cool off... literally.

-----

Several hours after Vex had visited Kurt at work, once everyone else had left and he was essentially there alone, another figure approaches the building in the dark. The figure is massive, easily standing ten feet tall with hulking muscles and scropy hair all over them. In contrast to their monstrous nature, they have a well tailored if somewhat ill fitted dress shirt and pants on, though no shoes. The mutated nature of their body makes shoes... hard to come by, and mostly unnecessary. Reaching out to the door, the figure tugs on it flutily as the lock clinks, a frown on the distorted, wolfish muzzle they're sporting. Taking a better grip, The figure gives the door a yank and the entire frame rips off the building, leaving them holding the sliding door awkwardly in one hand, before they carefully set it against the side of the building.

As they step inside and look around, the figure frowns at all of the stuff scattered around in tiny shelves. Mistress had told them not to make a mess, but this building was so small that it would be very hard to do that. Still, he would try his best as he makes his way down the main aisle, sniffing the air as he goes. None of the building's alarms have gone off despite the ripped off door, and all of the cameras fritzed out as he was approaching the building. Mistress' work of course, most of the humans living in the city liked to believe that the proper monsters didn't actually exist no matter how many nonhumans they met and she preferred to keep it that way.

A crash brings him back to where he was instead of musing about the city, the figure turning to look at the racks of miscellaneous medicine they had upended as they went past. Oops. Reaching down, the figure picks up the rack and rights it, making even more noise than they had when they knocked it over in the first place. Well, if whoever he was supposed to be bothering hadn't heard them come in, they would certainly have heard that.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 12:18:21 AM by Commanderori »

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Vex's visits were always interesting and unique, if you had told him a few years ago that he'd meet someone like her and become friends. He'd refuse to believe it. Life didn't need to be exciting and yet, here he was. A very exciting friend as well as life so far. The quiet moments were nice. Being within the lab while everyone else was gone was nice. It helped to calm the worries of the day as he focused on everything that just related to his work. So when a loud sound reached his ears, he froze.

"What...the..." Kurt muttered as he tilted his head.

Looking around the room as he stood there, he wasn't too sure on what it could've been. It was a sound he never heard before; after all, it's not normal to hear a door ripped off it's hinges as well as the wall it's attached to. With no alarms going off, he gave a small sigh and shook his head. He was willing to just ignore the odd sound to get back to work and yet there was a sound he knew all too well. Something falling over, multiple things. Small and insignificant things that clattered to the ground, the sound of various pills shaking in their bottles clued him in the rest of the way. Someone was in here...

Now he didn't have the fighting skills of Vex but he knew this place. The sound had been accompainded by a metallic ping..the racks. Racks filled with medicine...damn. Where they in the back or the front? Kurt crept toward the door of the room he was in, peaking through the crack of the door to try and see into the darkness of the main area. His gaze didn't see much....he had to call Vex or at least the police. If he tried to close the door...that would make noise wouldn't it?

Fuck...fuck... Kurt cursed in his head, hand shaking as he debated on closing the door.

In the end, it was probably a bad idea but he tried to close the door as quietly as he could. the door couldn't lock; damn thing was busted but considering the odd sound earlier, he doubted it would do anything. So the man turned and headed back to where the sample was as well as a handy dandy alarm button to press under the table. He just had to get there.

Offline Commanderori

• View Profile
Reaching down to scoop at the bottles all over the floor, The figure does his best to push them into a pile next to the rack when he hears the sound of a door clicking from across the room. Looking up, he eyes the back wall until he spots the door it must have come from. Giving the pills one last look he just shrugs, trudging heavily over to the door and not even bothering to see if it was locked. Placing a foot against it He shoves hard enough to break the lock, the door slamming open and bouncing back into them, ignored.

Stooping way down to fit through the human sized opening, it takes a moment for the figure to fit themselves through the door. Even so, he cant quite stand up to his full height in the smaller back room, hunched a bit and looking around. Locking eyes with Krut, the figure nods slightly and says "Eh.... th'a y'arr. " before approaching him, upending several tables like they were made out of paper as he does. The button under the table wont work any more than the rest of the security systems would, though his phone is unaffected. The figure doesn't seem interested in either of them, reaching out to catch Kurt's clothes and lift them off the floor with one hand. "Y'be causing probl'ms for mistress... or y'friend is. tha' dun like each oth'a much, bu' now y'gettin into her buisness an' tha' be bad." The figure's voice is very guttural, clearly being forced to speak English despite no having been designed to do so. "A'm Petty, by th' way. Mistress sen' me to rough y'up a bit, since y'be messing w' thin' ye shouldn' be. Ain' nothin' persona'."

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
His fingers grazed the button, pushing it in slightly but that would do nothing given what the person in charge of hte big guy was doing. The door was then forced open in a interesting fasion and Kurt turned round to see the large being that was now squeezing their way into the room. Fuck...what the fuck was he?! Backing up, Kurt could feel his heart racing in his chest, the adrenaline already pumping through him as he debated trying to run past the large being. His cellphone rested in his pocket, so he attempted to bolt away from the being while sinking his hand into his pocket. Thankfully he had Vex on speed dial but as the collar of his coat and shirt were grabbed, hosting him up caused him to miss the speed dial button. Damn it!!

"Well she has that affect on people..." Kurt remarked as he dangled there, trying to keep the fear out of his voice as he stared back at the large being that was holding him up easily.

Petty? Was he understanding this guy right? The pounding his chest made him take a unsteady breath in, he had to do something. If this guy roughed him up...how likely was he to survive it?

"Alright sir, I apologize if I don't get your name right. You got a unique accent that I'm not used to but, let me just say this. I get it, it's nothing personal...nor is this." Kurt said, with that he attempted to kick the big guy in the face with the hopes that he would be dropped.

If it worked, Kurt would bolt to the other small room and fish out his cellphone from his pocket. Clicking the speed dial option and praying Vex would pick it up. If not...he'd be screwed. Now he wasn't trained to fight, he picked up small things from his time hanging around ith Vex but he was unskilled and only a normal man. So it's not like he could do much damage to the large guy.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 12:58:41 AM by readlliea »

Offline Commanderori

• View Profile
Far, far away from the action happening in the mid ring, Morragan is watching things go down on the hacked security cameras from her office. A rather indulgent affair the office is decorated in dark woods and rich carpets, silver inlay gracing all of the furniture. For her part, Morragan is sitting in a tall, strongly built wooden chair with red cushions. She's one of the dragonkind who tend to inhabit the rich districts, powerful and influential people who have quite a bit of sway over the city whether they hold an official public office or not. She is of the fluffier kind, feathers across most of the outer parts of her body in a pale teal with silvery scales covering the rest of her and large feathered ridges on the top of her head and along her wings. She's dressed impeccably in a midnight black suit that's been touched up with silver, and has half-rim crimson lensed glasses sitting on her long nose.

Few people knew exactly how much power she could exert over the city as a whole, but something as simple as redirecting a low grade security system was a simple command to one of her subordinates away. In this case she prefered that the local law enforcement didn't get involved with Petty or her new... product, at least at this stage, so had ordered them redirected to her control. When Kurt hits the button on the counter and the alarm flicks up next to the camera feeds a small smile creeps onto her face. Reaching forwards she taps the alarm, the phone connected with the system suddenly ringing with an unknown number.

------

Petty isn't exactly fast in the cramped spaces of the lab, but his sheer size and reach are enough to catch Kurt despite his attempt to get away from them. The comment about Vex just brings a slight twitch of a smile to his face, having come into conflict with her on several occasions and well aware of what she was like. Opening his mouth to reply, Petty comes to a sudden halt when a boot appears on his nose, eyes crossing to look at it in confusion. It takes him a moment to figure out it was connected to Kurt, his wild kick not even having the grace to bruise Petty's nose. If anything, it seems to make him amused, Petty smiling around the boot at him. "A' like y', a' thin'. Y'got fight in y'. Too bad th' a' go-"

Cutting off whatever he was saying at the sudden ringing of Kurt's phone, Petty just blinks at Kurt while trying to figure out what was happening. "is... is tha' you? ah' dun have on'a those."

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Welp that kick didn't work....damn it. Kurt's heart sounded like a engine in his head to him, feeling his chest aching with how hard it was pounding. What could he do? What did he hope to do?

"Can't really be on good terms with Vex without some fight..." Kurt remarked.

It was a strange friendship, such a strange one. But he wouldn't trade it away. She was a good friend...if only he had asked her to teach him some self defense; she probably would've thrown him across the room without meaning to though. The ringing made his heart leap in his chest, he shouldn't be able to hear his phone ringing given he speed dialed Vex...so...so why was it? The man reached into his pocket and pulled out his cellphone.

"Vex?" Kurt asked, hope in his voice as he was praying that the call went through.

Offline Commanderori

• View Profile
Reaching up with his other hand, Petty removes the boot from his nose and lets kurt dangle back into the air. Petty could actually hear his heart beating, which is saying something because his hearing wasn't that far above normal. Still, he supposed if putting the fear into someone was his job right now it shouldn't be *that* much of a surprise. Nodding at Kurts comment, he doesn't stop him from pulling the phone out and just blinks at Kurt answering it.

From the phone comes a quiet chuckle, before Morragan's smooth, refined voice comes from it. "Ah... no, I'm afraid not dear. You're security system was... woefully lackluster, and one of my servants redirected it to us. I couldn't help but notice your alarm, and thought you could use a... Friendly voice." Her tone is anything but friendly at the moment, soft and cold as ice. "I'm Morragan. I must apologize for not being able to see to you in person but I have a great many things going on and can't make every house call myself." Or... any of them, for that matter. That's what she had servants and minions for.

"You may have heard of me from our mutual acquaintance." Probably true, Vex's tendency to rant when she was angry had probably given him an earful or two over the years. "She has been a thorn for many years, and I'm afraid she has gotten you mixed up in some... rather bad business here. I've nothing against you personally... nor do I actually care about you either. So regretfully, I'm going to have to make a little example out of you. Don't worry about surviving, that I can assure you. Hahehe... But you might not wish you had."

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
The color drained from his face as he heard a different woman, it wasn't Vex...it wasn't here. How? He pushed the speed dial on his phone it should've...no...oh no. He had no out...he needed a way out. What could he do? What was he going to do?! Morragan? that...that sounded familiar but...his panic and fear fueled mind wasn't making a connection if Vex had ranted about her before.

"So...you're the one causing this illness thing that's causing all these fights...aren't you?" Kurt questioned. "Considering how much bigger your friend here is...I don't have faith in you saying I'm going to live..."

Indeed, their hand was much bigger than Kurt's. Petty was a powerhouse, a large imposing force. While Kurt was a brittle and fragile human. There was no way he was going to be able to do much against him...he could try to bite and digh his pathetic nails into em but..that wouldn't do much.

"Vex's isn't gonna stop you know, she's too stubborn for that. And I'm sure you're going to tick off all her nerves and just have her come at ya harder." he mocked.

Offline Commanderori

• View Profile
That sudden moment of fear and panic on his face, seen through the grainy security cameras, just makes Morragan's smile a tooth larger. If you asked her she obviously wouldn't describe herself as evil... but that feeling of power was still something she never got tired of. "Causing the illness? Oh no, don't be silly dear. I'm dragonkind, we don't catch your diseases." Letting that hang for a moment, Morragan gives him another quiet laugh. "But... yes, yes I am. Lycanisana-gamma-six has some side effects still, and it requires testing to work the kinks out before it is really ready to be given to the general public."

Humming softly, Morragan examines the room through the security camera for a few moments more before spotting the vial of blood Kurt had been working with. That gave her a wicked idea, much more effective than what she had previously had in mind, so she raises her voice so Petty can hear her through the phone's speaker. "Ah... Petty dear, I've a new idea. That vial on the desk there... Smash it with him, and then leave him there." Petty just blinks at the phone, before looking around the room for several seconds trying to find what she was talking about as Morragan continues to speak. "Unfortunately for you my friend, one of those side effects I mentioned is ST tack LT memory formation. You wont remember being infected... And you're going to become quite ill once the virus has spread through your body in a few days... You'll find yourself having trouble remembering things... Then one day you'll wake up covered in blood, Not yours. Of course, this is if you are lucky. If you aren't... you might run into our *friend* in the meantime. That would be deliciously ironic, wouldn't it?  As for Vex... hehehaa... I'm Counting on it." Click. The phone goes dead, then fritzes and the screen turns into faint static as the phone silently fries itself in his hand.

For his part Petty had figured out what Morragan was referring too, spotting the place Kurt had been working at a few minutes ago. It never even occured to Petty that he could be at risk, as much an ingrained instinct to obey Morragan as anything. Stepping over to the desk he lifts Kurt up and WHOMPS him into the desk, hard enough to easily shatter the vial and drive the breath from his lungs without doing him any real permanent harm. Going to be a hell of a shiner in the morning though. Letting go petty eyes him for a moment before shrugging, turning to squeeze himself back out of the room as Morragan had ordered. He manages to make his way out of the building without upsetting anything else, but does pause to pick up the door and roughly jam it back into the doorframe. No one would be getting out of there anytime soon, though he lacked the wit to consider the loading dock or other back doors would be a thing.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 02:16:18 AM by Commanderori »

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Causing, creating it same thing." Kurt replied. "You're the reason it's happening...for no good gain i bet.."

Given to the public? She was going to give this once it was refined to the public?! Why? What could be gained from this? What was the point of this? Lycanisana- gamma six? that...that was a strange name. Lycan usually dealt with lycanthropy, werewolves...that was similiar to what he'd heard on the news. Sadly his thoughts wouldn't keep up with him as this lady seemed to be scheming something and Kurt glanced over his shoulder to the vial, recognizing it.

"What could you possibly gain by turning the entire public into something they aren't even with kinks fixed?" Kurt questioned, he knew he was going to get a answer.

That part about Vex though, it made his heart drop in his chest. Vex....was she going to try and infect Vex too? A pained and startled sound left him as the heat  from his phone registered and he dropped it, it clattered to the ground as he looked at it for a moment. HOwever, Kurt felt his body sway as Petty started to move toward the table. So the man did the only thing he could, he reached up for Petty's arms or hand, trying to dig his nails into their skin as he squirmed, trying to get lose. Trying to get some of this brute's dna under his fingernails so it could be potentially helpful.

And then the world spun so fast as he felt  the brute whipped him around in the air and he felt his body hitting something. A pained gasp leaving him as the table broke and he slammed down onto the ground. Bits of glass from the vial were in his skin but that also meant the substance got into his bloodstream. Several pained gasp were leaving him as Kurt tried to get more air into his lungs. In the end, he wouldn't be able to stop Petty from leaving and as he heard the sound of the large man leaving. Kurt slowly rolled onto his side, panting and heaving in air. No time..not much time at all if anything. He had to put something down....before he forgot....before he passed out.

A shaking hand reached for a pen that had landed near him on the ground. with no paper in sight, he rolled his sleeve up slightly and tried to write on his skin. The pen wasn't working well and given how his eyes kept trying to close on him, his hand writing was poor and while he wanted to make sure what he wrote, he passed out.

Offline Commanderori

• View Profile
Why did this sort of thing always have to happen during his shift? Standing outside the store, a red skinned humanoid has his hands on his hips as he examines the door and its inexpertly reintegrated state. He's wearing the standard patrol uniform of the cities cops, a small nonlethal sidearm at his hip, though he has foregone the usual hat as where his hair would be is a slicked back wreath of flames crackling gently. They'd gotten the 911 twenty or so minutes ago from the panicked owner of the store, who was currently giving a statement to his partner. Nothing that useful as the owner didn't know much more than they did, having immediately called 911 when they arrived and found the store not in the condition they left it in.

Reaching forwards the officer tugs the door gingerly, before leaping back as it groans and falls flat out of the front of the building with a crash. Glancing over at his partner, who rolls his eyes, he carefully draws his stunner and steps into the building. Neither of them expected anyone to still be inside, but it was worth being cautious nonetheless. Covering his eyes with a hand as the automatic lights click on, he sweeps his gaze over the store until it lands on the upturned medicine rack.

Making sure to check the corners as he goes, the officer heads to the back of the store and inspects the rack, finding the contents scattered across the ground to be vitamins and other supplements. None of them were controlled, or even particularly valuable, so he notes it for later and steps to the back of the store and pushes the door open.

Sweeping the room with his stunner a frown crosses the man's face as this was clearly where... whatever had happened had happened. Several upset tables, broken lab equipment, and a smashed table with a tech laying on it. Once he'd assured himself there wasn't anyone else in the room he steps over to the tech, crouching down and checking his pulse. It was still there, and the fellow didn't seem too injured, so he reaches out and gives him a rough shake by the shoulder. "Cmon buddy, wake up. I'm James with the CPF, looks like you had a rough night?"