Visionary Tales
9/18/19: Visionary Tales is ELEVEN YEARS OLD! Happy birthday! Leave a post on the site today (anywhere!) as a gift to VT. It's a good day to catch up on replies. (;If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

Every hero loses something eventually (Ori)

Commanderori and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Life had strange ways of working. It could stay on a single path till the ends of yours days yet feel like it went down many paths. Not everyone is able to figure things out before their time comes. Some never really have a idea and end up without figuring it out. Now for Kurt, he was just a person who went through the same routine over and over again. The man worked at one of the leading medical companies that had various facilities over the world. Granted, he had a very lack luster position. Merely the one who gave patients their medicine once upon a time, not even allowed to refill the bottles as the company claimed they wanted to prevent problems. Training specific people for specific tasks, and since he had been a recent hire by the store itself. He had no right to even touch the medicine. Someone else always packaged the bottles into that white bag. He was only able to touch said bag when the right person came up.

Now due to a incident two years ago, where a supernatural creature had robbed the store he worked at and murdered one of his coworkers. Kurt found himself in a nasty spot. A spot where he was viewed with suspicion and the only person who would listen was Vex. A rather skilled woman who dealt with the more supernatural cases. It had been a wild ride back then, a very scary one too considering he hadn't been that close to the supernatural before. Sure he knew they existed and that it was a part of the world they lived in. That didn't mean he was used to nearly getting murdered by one!

Since two years had passed since then, Kurt had moved up a little bit from that shop. In fact he had gone through the training to be able to handle the medicine himself and got a true employment from the company. The pay was honestly better but since then he found himself still talking with Vex. A friendship had happened and often, he was the one helping her in regards to the more supernatural types of medicine; as many normal drugs didn't affect supernatural. Thus special drugs had to be made for them and well, that was what he had been trained with. So he provided aid in that regard to her.

Currently Kurt was standing outside of the precinct. Having been called here and asked to meet her. It was a common meet up spot whenever they just hung out; it was safe and easier to spot one another. Lately, he hadn't been helping her with a case. Which it was a nice break, though he wondered if it had been going alright. The man currently stood there in the obvious white lab coat with a loose dark red tie on. His shirt was visible being a light grey. His pants were brown with a black belt holding them in place and a dark brown pair of shoes that were dull; no longer new shoes that would have a shine.

His short brown hair was kept out of his way and his green eyes looked around the parking lot once more. Looking for any sign she was actually here. When he found nothing, he gave a shrug to himself, and took a seat on a bench. Reaching into his pocket, he started to check his messages to make sure he had the right area of the building.

Online Commanderori

• View Profile
Around here, one day was really much the same as any other. If things went well, she was bored. Wandering around, yelling at stupid people, thwacking the occasional mugger or small time myth that got in her way. Other days, wellll.... things tended to get a little more exciting. Personally, the high octane, adrenaline fuled part of her job was when she was having the most fun. CQC with werewolves, gunfights with hacked off covens, the lot. No matter how old she got, how much fire was involved, Sometimes she did appreciate the less stressful times.

Times like hanging out with the few friends she had made in the city so far. Most people were either put off by her brash attitude, or knew what she did and were terrified of her. The second one amused her, but really didn't help her make friends. That said, she did have a few kicking around here and there. Strolling down street towards the actual police station Vex tugs idly at the collar of her fancy business suit, missing only a tie which would be a bit of an issue in a fight. Her oversized sidearm is at her hip, though she left most of the rest of her gear carefully  stored in her office. Not that it was hard to spot her, her hair dyed a vibrant purple for reasons she never adequately explained when asked.

Coming up to the side of the bench Vex smiles slightly at him staring at his phone. "Kid, you know staring at those damn things all day will rot your brain right?" Stopping at the side of the bench she leans on it, examining his email with feigned interest for a moment. "So, saved any new lives from the dreaded anti-measles or something lately?"
Bullets might have someone’s name on them, but 20 kilos of high explosives is more “To whom it may concern”.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Looking up, he raised a brow at Vex.

"Oh? And you couldn't look more obvious as 'I'm a cop' in that outfit. Forced ya to the suits finally, eh?" Kurt remarked with a smile as he turned his phone on sleep with a single press of the button.

Honestly it was easy for him to turn his phone off without looking, he got used to the darn thing. Standing up, he pushed the item into his pocket and gave a weak chuckle.

"Now you know I don't do that exactly. I just fill the bottles now and have a understand of how they're made." Kurt replied as let his arms rest on his legs. "But from what I've heard on the grapevine, they think they're close to make a anti-virus for it. Can't be too sure though. And you? Any high stakes cases lately?"

It probabtly wasn't wise to discus her cases with him but in all honesty, he wanted to help in some way. The kind of job she had wasn't easy. Sure she was a supernatural herself but that didn't make it any easier on her. Eventually the stress would get to her in some way. And hey, if a friendly talk helped her out...was it so bad? Though he raised a brow at the large gun and gestured to it.

"Did that thing get bigger?" he asked, a tad unsure.

Online Commanderori

• View Profile
Vex just laughs laughs at his question about her suit. "What, not obvious enough? Should I get a neon sign too? No, really though Kurt, you know i don't wear anything else. Like... literally I own five suits and that's it." Pushing off of the bench she settles in next to him, not even slightly worried about what might be lurking in the night. Mostly because as far as lurking goes, she's one of the scarier things you'll find around town.

Smiling at him, she nods slightly as he explains, aware he'd been promoted but not that into the minutia. "Ah yes, that's right. Just a pill pusher still even after all these years. Gotta love that corp hive mind, right?" Glancing down, Vex's grin gets quite a bit wider and she pats the butt of her handgun affectionately. "Naw, chatterbox here is the same size as always. You just keep thinking it's too big for little ol' me." Truthfully if she'd been human, the massive hand cannon would have been extremely difficult for the 5'4 woman to use. Doesn't seem to have stopped her though. "So, feeling like some coffee? Or hey, maybe we could go shoot some vampires. That'd be fun too right?"
Bullets might have someone’s name on them, but 20 kilos of high explosives is more “To whom it may concern”.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Maybe it loses the look of a suit in the dark then." Kurt replied as he smiled. "Yeah, that's just how it goes. Granted, I wasn't looking for the promotion anyway so..it's not a let down."

A shrug left him as he finished his sentence. It didn't really matter to him. At least he knew some new things. That wasn't so bad. That gun still looked like it was bigger than last time...but she was most likely very right. The man wasn't used to seeing guns often and that was another reason it looked very large to him.

"My, you got a interesting offer there." Kurt started. "How about some coffee first? Then we'll see if I'm up for helping you out there considering my aim is terrible. You doing alright though?"

Standing up from the bench, he stretched slightly as he waited to hear what Vex would say to his agreement on coffee. He didn't have a coffee shop he went to, so there wasn't any particular place he had in mind. Glancing up at the sky, he was glad to see that there wasn't any signs of bad weather. His green gaze would fall back to Vex.

Online Commanderori

• View Profile
"Possibly. Though, dark suit and dark undershirt do make it easier to sneak around at night. Thats when all the monsters come creeping out, don'tcha know?" Nodding at his comment, Vex thinks for a few moments before shrugging gently and starting to walk towards one of the innumerable hole-in-the-wall shops around town. "Need a pickmeup before the fighting? A big strong man like you? Naaaah." Giving him a smile to show she is joking, Vex streches and clasps her hands behind her neck, looking up into the sky. "Ah, I'm fine. I'm a big girl after all, I can take care of myself. Really I just miss the company of my sisters back at the estate, and its nice to have a friend I don't occasionally have to shoot at. Yunno, someone who doesn't think normal is boring. After another moment's pause she smiles again. "Well. As much as anything I do is normal."
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 02:57:16 AM by Commanderori »

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"I learned that from you." Kurt replied, enjoying the conversation truthfully.

Walking alongside her, he couldn't help but have his smile grow bigger. When he moved to this city many years ago, he found himself settling into a routine. He didn't really socialize all that much despite his desires to. Fitting in when you were in a much larger enviroment than you were used to well...it was often hard to get the courage to take that step. Resulting in him just going to work and going home with small interactions. But that day finally came when Vex entered his life. He honestly expected Vex to just do the routine cop thing. Ask questions, do follow ups if needed, and then that would be it. Leave his life and not want to talk again. Yet...here they were. Still interacting and hanging out like real friends, true friends.

"Oh strong now eh? Well I might have to chuck something large across the next battle field to cement that into the minds of the trouble makers." Kurt falsely boasted as he joined in her joke, puffing his chest out before he started laughing. "Nah I just want some coffee to wake up some more. You could guess how boring it is sorting through medicine for an hour, let alone half the day."

The remark about a friend to shoot made look at her a tad worried. Had she lost friends to the other side of the world? After all, people did things for many reasons. Though it wasn't his place to really ask. Choosing to press on in the conversation as they came to a decent coffee shop.

"Hey, I'm always going to be here for ya just like you are for me. My normal was way worse in terms of boring before you showed up, course. I do wish it would've been under better circumstances but that's the past, I'm glad we still met in the end." Kurt said as he nudged her gently with his elbow. "Now, boring things aside. Shall we spice up this order with donuts this time or are we going with the croissants again? Also, whose paying? I recall buying last time."

His smile returned swiftly as he stood there. Rather funny how he went from a near shut in, to a rather cheery guy by meeting one person.

Online Commanderori

• View Profile
Vex just gives him a toothy grin at his quipping. "Sure, sure, like a tennis ball or something, Leave the car chucking to me'n the other STARs." Nodding along, she points out the path that would get them there the fastest. It was only a few blocks up the road, so not too much of a walk. "If its anything like doing paperwork for seized evidence, I'm sure it could be sold as a sleep aid if someone could figure out how to bottle it."

Eyeing him back when he gives her a look, Vex raises an eyebrow at his expression. "Before you get too worried remember that a lot of myths classify bullets as 'annoying' not 'lethal'. Plus tranquilizers and all that, I've got a fair few non-lethals in chatterbox."

In this city, truth is, he was lucky to have met her under such positive terms. Many people who had bad encounters with myths follower by meeting her didn't... tend to fair so well. Of course, she was jusssst diplomatic enough to not say that out loud. "Heh. Boring is overrated, at least you'll not have to worry about a lack of excitement in your life. Doughnuts though? What do i look like, a beat cop? No we only eat scones and muffins at STAR." chuckling quietly, she reaches into her suit and pulls out a cash card, swiping it quickly after they had ordered and picking a table to sit at.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Al jokes aside, he was glad to see that things were going to be a good day. Just being able to have as much conversation with her was a relief. It felt nice. FOlding his arms, he gave a look to her when she remarked about him throwing a tennis ball or something else manageable. Now that was a given. He wouldn't be able to throw anything large. SO his reaction was all in good fun.

"Yeah, unfortunatly it's possible for that happen." Kurt replied to the comment about the medicine possibly being passed off as sleeping pills if done right.

The sad thing was, it hurt more than just the people who bought the pills. Those who weren't able to get the medicine they needed due to it being out of stock or just no longer in production due to the investigation. He hated honestly. Far too easy for someone to manipulate things like that.

"Bah, you're no fun." Kurt jested when it came to response on no donuts. "There's gotta be a time in your life when ya want something different with ya coffee. Doughnuts just happen to mix well with it."

Course, he would honor her wishes and just order a scone. Sure enough they would soon have a seat and he take his place in the chair. Giving a sigh as he leaned back into the chair. The talk of the gun having tranquilizers and how bullets weren't lethal to supernaturals was a bit..out of his comfort zone. After all, he wasn't a person who dealt with them often. They were a weapon and for humans..rather lethal.

"So, how have things been going? Anything new or interesting?" Kurt asked, straying away from jokes and such.