Visionary Tales
9/18/19: Visionary Tales is ELEVEN YEARS OLD! Happy birthday! Leave a post on the site today (anywhere!) as a gift to VT. It's a good day to catch up on replies. (;If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

When Will (M)y Life Begin?

Offline PendragonXeno94

• The Hoarder of Notebooks
    • View Profile
As she sawed the last of her large braid off, Rapunzel ruffled her short, uneven ashy hair as she looked up at the twilight sky. It had been three weeks since the witch came to visit, the prince who was supposed to meet her never came back, and the last of the food she had was all but gone. Soon, she packed the few belongings she possessed and climbed down the braid she tied to the top of the windowsill. Once she reached the ground, she tugged on the braid and watched it sprawl itself on the earth.

Ruffling her hair again, she began to walk into the woods. "Who needs a damn prince, anyway?" she said to herself. She let her thoughts occupy her while she let her bare feet softly touch the ground with each step. She didn't even know of the last time she went outside, let alone being able to go one step out of the tower. Still, she did her best to keep her wits about her as she came across a few berry bushes and she began to ravenously wolf them down.

Though if the prince actually made it to the tower... it didn't matter now. She was sure that if he was going to come back, he would have by now.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Nothing? NOTHING!! That damn Woodsman and the Huntsman were making hunting out here so damn impossible!!! A frustrated snarl left the man as he ripped a disarmed bear trap from the earth, only to chuck it across the forest in his fit of rage. It was hard enough...keeping away from that damn village and finding enough food out here to even curb the horrible hunger that seemed to only get worse. Now? Ever since he lost control and ate that old lady, there was nothing but trouble! More traps that weren't even for food in the village! Just traps to try and catch him!! Traps that chased animals away from the areas and even caught some, only for that meat to go to waste it felt like half the time.

"I can't take this...the fucking nerve..." the man snarled, feeling his blood boil as claws emerged from his finger tips and his hair seemed to stand on end.

And yet, his sensitive nose picked up something. Causing him to smell the air in his normal feral manner. That smell...what was it again? Berries that were being squished, that scent gave a small mask to...oh. OH! Someone was out here? A person? A pair of wolf ears emerged on his head as the hunger gripped his stomach again, causing a painful feeling to go through him. Putting his hands against his head, he made the changes revert before he stalked toward the source of the smell. Sure enough, he would soon find the source. A woman eh?

However, his expression turned to a displeased one. She wouldn't make much of a meal with how she was going at those berries. She was clearly starving just like him and since shew as probably normal, she was probably deprived of food for weeks. While he...his body operated at such a higher rate that he could feel starving easily in a day or so.  Wait...what was he thinking? Even if she had more meat on her bones, it would just give the village more reason to come after him. Sinking into the brush and undergrowth, the man fell backgrounds, groaning as he could feel his stomach painfully growling again. Causing him to roll onto his side and curl up into a ball; granted that would probably draw attention he hadn't meant to.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Rapunzel continued to scarf down all the berries she could pick before she heard something rustling in the undergrowth. Grabbing a large stick, she began to slowly make her way to it before carefully pushing the stick in.

"Whoever you are, I'm not afraid," she announced. "Come out!" She could feel the stick prodding at something, though she couldn't quite see who or what was hiding. "I said come out!" Sighing in frustration, she stepped into the undergrowth with the stick raised above her head as her foot pressed itself on what felt like a leg. She looked down to see a man curled in a fetal position.

"Um, are you alright?" she asked, hesitation present in her tone. "You're certainly no prince. So what are you doing out here?" While she was told stories of men that would steal women who even set foot in the forest, she couldn't help but feel pity for him. Sighing, she opened her pack and rummaged through it. "I wish I had something to give you." She flicked her violet eyes up every now and then to see if he would try to lunge at her.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Even as she addressed him, he just grumbled nonsene out. Too sick and tired of his growling stomach to care if she was scared of not. Though the poking quickly grated his frayed nerves as he laid there.

"I'm not dead so quit poking me with that stick." He grumbled out, adjusting his position slightly so his golden eyes could stare up at her while remaining in his fetal position.  "No, my stomach is ready to curl in on itself cause there's no damn food out here anymore thanks to the idiots in the village! Urgh...and it used to have the best boars you could ever hunt too..."

Oh how he recalled the days of his puphood, how father would come back to the lair with a fat juicy boar slung over their shoulder. That thing used to feed him for a week. But as with age you grow, so did the hunger. Now he understood what his father meant by how being a kid was the best time of his life. He could actually get full without having to eat five of those beasts. Although a brow was raised at her comment, pulling him away from memories that were only making him hungrier.

"Prince? Pfft, you're a far ways away from any castles with a prince in em. Most of em around here are just Princess, spoiled and pampered creatures they are." The man retorted. "Why you looking for one anyway?"

It was growing more tempting. She had some meat on her bones, not anything like a juicy boar but...it was food. The berries she ate would give her a more sweet flavor too. The rather audible sound of his stomach growling could be heard as a look of discomfort came to his face and he looked down at the grass.

"Damn villagers....stupid traps chasing all the food away....stupid.." he grumbled.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 09:05:45 PM by readlliea »

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
"Well, I was supposed to wait for one that promised he'd come back," she began. "And since neither he or the witch had come back to my tower, I had to cut off all my hair just to get out and find something to eat." She huffed slightly. "I don't ever plan on going back to live in the tower." For a moment, she pondered over what he said. He did look hungry, after all. She took a deep breath, and as much as she didn't want to say anything...

"There's a fair amount of game by the tower. I'm sure there's a cabin nearby you can use should you decide to stay." At least, that was what she would have to do as she hoped to make it to the village. "As far as I know, there isn't anyone that lives maybe twenty miles from it."

Well, it was the best she could do. He didn't as if he wanted the berries she had picked. "I can take you there. I have seen a few boars wandering around before."

With that, she turned on her heel and looked over her shoulder. "I don't think you gave me your name."
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
A prince was suppose to come for her? Oh lord, this was so stupid sounding already. But he didn't care. The information was soon thrust away and out  of mind when she mentioned that she had seen boars near the tower. This forest was rather big and he had been moving deeper and deeper into the forest, finding areas he had never explored before. So it made sense that he hadn't known this information.

"Really?! You aren't pulling my leg here?" The man questioned as he sat up surprisingly quick.

Food was the one way to perk him up, to be on his good side as well..his hunger held so much power over him. It influenced his mood and ability to look human; truthfully a generation long curse had him pretty convinced whatever was human in this blood line had long been erased from it. Feeling his exciement for the hung growing with his hunger, he had to recall that he couldn't risk changing. So, the man shuddered as he tried to restrain himself. Taking a deep breathe even.

"Sorry...please lead on. I can do the catching of the boars and as thanks, I can lead ya to the village safely." The man replied.

His face paled as she mentioned him not saying his name. Uh....oh...well honestly, most who heard his name would pale in fear if they hadn't seen him before. He was rather..well renowned...oh boy. Standing up, he went follow her but debated greatly on telling her. Biting his lower lip slightly as he did; taking great care to not bite himself as that would push him far over the edge.

"I...don't have a name." he lied. "I just live in the woods."

If he told her he was the Big Bad Wolf or even just Wolf, what was the chances that she wouldn't know who he was? What he had done? Sure she mentioned the tower and all but...surely she knew..

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Rapunzel rolled her eyes. "I know it sounds weird, but I'd keep you here forever trying to explain it all." But knowing she would get to the village after all sounded nice. As she walked in the direction of the tower, she pursed her lips when he told her that he didn't have a name. "Huh. Alright then." She wasn't about to interrogate him over a menial thing like his name.

She let silence fall between them until they arrived to the clearing where the tower stood. Her face and ears reddened greatly as she spotted a man sulking at the tower's base. "You've gotta be kidding me!" Her raised voice gained the man's attention as she growled in irritation.

"Rapunzel!" the man said. "Is that you?"

She shook her head as she took a step back. "Where the hell have you been?" she snapped. "You promised!"

"I know." The prince frowned when she yanked her hands out of his. "I've had... other matters to attend to. But now I can take you back and-"

"You can forget that."

"Why?" the prince asked, looking to her companion. "Is it because of him? You couldn't wait until I came back?"

"I got tired of waiting..."

The prince shook his head. "I... I thought you were different. I didn't think you would seek the company of another man."

Rapunzel's eyes widened. "Wh- No! That's just... What the hell makes you think I would suddenly do that?"
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Oh thank the gods, she didn't press the matter of his name. That gave him some relief honestly. However his pain filled stomach pulled his thoughts away from that, taking a deep breathe as he tried to hold off. There was a beating heart next to him..fresh blood pumping through her veins. A prime target, she was right next to him...unaware, open for attack. His gaze found itself looking toward her, she would've made a nice looking princess..different from the others. The other shad long hair that was done up, sparkling dresses as if to show off their wealth. This girl? Well she looked like a real person, she looked like real flesh and blood. Whereas the others looked like glass, false, elevated due to their status to look like priceless dolls.

However, his nose smelled something that pulled his gaze away from her. Easily spotting the skulking man as they were soon shouted out by the girl. Well then...this was her prince charming? The man would've retorted but...his mind was being painfully pulled in two directions. His hunger....and his feral nature rising as the curse took a stronger hold. Two humans...two weak humans who were too distracted to notice the beast behind them. The male had more meat on their bones, royalty and all....there would be much more to enjoy there.

Claws emerged swiftly from his finger tips and he could feel the beast inside of him rushing to the surface. His breathe catching in his lungs as he looked down. Feeling his hands shift slightly and noticing the claws, he hide them behind his back. Trying to resist, his heart quickened it's pace before his stomach growled loudly. Gritting his teeth as they elongated further.

I can't take this, I CAN'T TAKE IT!!! he thought in his head before he shuddered.

"I'll...be....urgh..right back!" The man forced out as he backed up a few steps and rushed into the brush.

Hopefully the girl would just think he went to go hunt, honestly it was what he hoped he could steer the beast toward. One of those boars had to be nearby...right?

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Before long, Rapunzel watched her companion run off before huffing at the prince. "I can't believe you! You left me in this tower for four months!"

"Believe me, I was trying to come back," protested the prince. "I-"

"No." Rapunzel took a step forward and crossed her arms. "I'm done waiting. I'm going to go finally live my life- preferably without you."

"Rapunzel, please! I- I'll make it up to you. Just give me one more chance."

Letting the silence linger for a moment, she cast her eyes down before shaking her head. Lifting her gaze up, she turned and began to walk back o the woods.

"No! Rapunzel!" the prince cried. "I can change! Give me one more chance! I love you!"

She scoffed as she kept walking, leaving the prince on his knees as he kept crying out for her to come back.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
As the prince was left alone, the man's hope of just going after a boar was quickly ruined. A large and dark shadow would cast over the prince as they sobbed. A feral growl leaving the owner of the shadow and if the prince would turn around and look. They would find a pair of feral, glowing golden eyes glaring down at them. A look of hunger in their eyes before the long muzzle of a wolf emerged and lunged toward them.

It would be a few minutes later when the beast would finally subside, shrinking back down into the form of the man as they panted. Blood covering their face as they took in rapid breathes, uneven and unsteady. The sweet taste of blood was still heavy on his tongue but his brown eyes soon went wide as he realized who this person was. Oh dear...the prince...did...of course he did!! He just HAD to eat a fucking prince?!!!! Shaking his head, he grabbed what little of the corpse was left and chucked it down into a ditch before going over to a part of said ditch, where the water was deeper. Doing everything he could to get rid of the blood all over himself.

If that girl saw this....or all this blood, she would probably freak. As clean as he could be with his more torn clothes on, he headed back to the tower. Having forgotten all about the hunting for boar.

"GIRL!! Where are you? HEY!!!!" The man yelled as he went into the part of the forest they were at earlier.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Rapunzel found a few more berry bushes on her way through the forest and began to pick as many as she could, unaware of what was transpiring. Before long, she heard her companion yelling for her, and she paused as she saw him approach.

"You can stop yelling," she said, "I'm right here." It was then that she eyed his torn clothes. "What happened to you?"

He did say he was going after a few boars, she thought. Deciding not to say anything, she dumped the berries into her pack and locked eyes on him. "Alright. If you're done, I'd to head to the village, please." Though she half expected the prince to run back crying and begging for her forgiveness, she was more relieved to see the man. "Point the way."
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Sorry, didn't know how close you were." The man apologized.

Though at her mention of his clothes, he looked down at them. Oh, well these were now more torn up than usual. Brushing his hair out of the way, he returned his gaze to her.

"Had a few mishaps while trying to catch one." the man explained. "Pointing you is just gonna get you into a mess, I'll show you the way."

Gesturing with his hand for her to follow, he started to lead the way. He didn't know if he really did catch a boar or not...however, he caught that damn prince. What was he gonna do? This was going to cause one big ol mess. The forest was eerily calm and quiet as the two walked and put the tower behind them. The glint of metal could be noticeable now and then from traps.

"Just step where I step. This area is full of traps." He cautioned.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
"Ah." She didn't exactly believe him, but she wasn't going to push the matter further. Following him, she stepped where he stepped and avoided the traps as best she could. Though a few stray twigs set them off, which made her body jolt.

"Why is it full of traps?" she asked him.

Before long, an older woman was driving her wagon to the village, giving the man a dirty look as she rode. A few children were about to clamor out of it before she snapped at them to stay in as there were traps everywhere.

Rapunzel ignored the children as they kept asking the older woman what was wrong with her hair and why it looked the way it did. "I assume it's not far." Another twig set off a trap and the ends of her dress got caught. "Shit!" Trying her best to pry it open, she looked up at the wagon, which had already passed them.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"THey're having a wolf problem. And well...they're trying to get rid of it." The man replied.

It was true. He was a wolf and they were having problems with him...they never listened to the cause of his problem. It didn't matter to them if his family was..cursed. Nope. At this point ,anything would be the final straw. One little mistake....who was he kidding, there was never a straw. They were all the heroes in their story or the small characters of it. He was just the monster, the brute that was just doomed to repeat a cycle.

When they came across the old woman who stared at him, his brow eyes narrowed back. It took every ounce of restraint he could muster currently to not snarl out at her with that challenging look. The children were cramped into a wagon that was soon moving away from them. Causing him to scoff at them. Perhaps this would be good to learn her? To have her walk the rest of the way? surely the traps wouldn't be heavy in....SNAP. The sound of a metal trap going off caused him to spin and his gaze to land on the girl. Thankfully no blood was in the air, no smell to drive him mad.

"I was kind of hoping there wasn't anymore traps..." The man muttered as he walked over to her. "Hold still."

Bending down, he grabbed hold of the metal mouth of the trap. Taking a deep breathe as he started to pull. The trap would creak and moan as he pulled it apart. Only to hear raised voices that made him pause.

"WOLF!!!!" A old woman's voice screeched to the high heavens. "THE WOLF IS HERE!!!!WOOOOOLLLLFFF!!!"

Fucking really?!!! The man growled in his head.

In his annoyance at this, the trap would screech as he kept pulling. But he pulled it so hard that the item snapped in half!! Dropping the pieces, he stood up and started to stalk back the way he came.

"Just wait here. The woodsman or the huntsman will find ya and guide ya the rest of the way." he said.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
She looked down at he began to pry the trap open before the old woman started screaming about a wolf. Looking around, she tried to spot the wolf that the woman was ranting about before the trap was snapped in half. She watched him leave, trying to follow him before she realized she could get herself caught in another trap.

"Stay there, miss," someone called. "I'll come get you out."

Rapunzel was soon swept off her feet and carried off to the entrance of the village. "I could've walked..."

"And got stuck in one of the traps? Nonsense!" The man set her down and sighed. "What were you doing with the wolf?"

"What wolf?"

"You don't know?"
The dragon becomes me...