Visionary Tales
9/18/19: Visionary Tales is ELEVEN YEARS OLD! Happy birthday! Leave a post on the site today (anywhere!) as a gift to VT. It's a good day to catch up on replies. (;If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

When Will (M)y Life Begin?

Offline PendragonXeno94

• The Hoarder of Noebooks
    • View Profile
"A witch raised me," said Rapunzel. "After having no one come by in three weeks, I had to leave so I could eat." She ruffled her uneven hair. "I had to cut all my hair off just so I could climb out." As she finished bandaging his ankle, she did her best to help him to his feet.

"Here," the beast said, helping her hoist Yohan off the floor. "Let me help you."

"So what's this about a devil?"

The beast sighed and looked over at Yohan as he walked them down the hall toward Yohan's room.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Thanks..." Yohan replied, a restrained groan leaving him as he felt the pain increase in his ankle despite being helped up.

Though at the mention of the Devil, he gave a small nod. Oh boy. Explaining this was gonna be a tricky one.

"I ended up in a bad spot a few years back and I feel for a trick. Devils are...natural tricksters. You think You can handle one of their deals and be alright but in the end.....you never can." Yohan answered. "it's hard to explain what exactly they are."

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
"Well, when I was younger, he witch told me that if I didn't behave that the devils would come get me." She wasn't sure what else they were there for, as she had never actually seen one and didn't believe they existed.

The beast tried to lift Yohan a little to alleviate the pain in his foot. "It's alright, we're right here." With the door open, he and Rapunzel walked him to the bed and helped him climb in. "Now, I want you to rest up until your ankle is better." He turned to Rapunzel. "I can let you stay if you can take care of him."

Rapunzel blinked for a moment. "Well. I suppose."

"I'll let Red know, then. I'll be looking for her if you need me."

When the beast left, she looked over at Yohan before getting a smaller pillow to prop his foot on. "I'm not the best at this, but I can certainly try."
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"It's alright, thank you.You don't need to worry over how good you are doing something." Yohan encouraged as he sat there, taking a deep breathe as he sat there.

The cart with the teapot rolled into the room, the dark pelt of the bearskin resting on the lower shelf closer to the wheels. With the aid of a few more living pieces of funiture, the item was placed into the dresser. Yohan gave a sigh as he stayed put. Regretting the actions he choose to do. IT was foolish to think he could truly control it...even for a little while.

Back in the forest, the sound of heavy thuds could be heard. Followed by a feral snarl that sounded more canine like than anything, course the guttural squealing of a large pig could be heard. In a small area that was free of traps and had a circle of trees around it, was Wolf. The man had his hands against the boar as he slammed it down with his body weight. Causing the beast to flail and swing it's tusks wildly. Fed up with the struggle of this long hunt, his already sharper canine teeth were plunged into the neck of the boar. Causing it to scream louder as the 'man' started their feast despite their prey still being alive.  The taste of blood and flesh putting him over the edge as the meal from earlier had already worn off, a grey tail emerged from behind him. Bristling before wagging in glee over finally getting more food.

The sickening sound of ripping flesh could be heard as the boar squealed a deep, but painful scream. Swallowing the hunk of meat rather than chewing it. He raised a hand and slamed it down on the boar's head, pinning it down further due to his increase of strength. His eyes looked more feral as his hair bristled.

"SHUT UP!!! Just shut up!" Wolf snarled before continuing, despite the boar's dying protest.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Rapunzel nodded, still feeling out of sorts as she watched furniture of all things running around and putting the bearskin in the dresser. "How long have you had that?" she asked him.

A pair of twins skipped around the forest as they munched on some gingerbread.

"Do you think it was wrong to take it from the witch?" the girl asked. "We could've-"

"Nah," replied the boy. "She probably would've tried to eat us like the last one."

The girl shuddered. "I don't want to think about it."

The twins halted as they watched the wolf tear into the boar. Between the boar's dying squeals and the wolf's violent actions, they clenched each other's hands and took a few steps back. It wasn't long before the girl began to scream in horror. The boy hurried her along in hopes of the wolf not seeing where they went as tears streamed down the girl's face.

"I don't wanna be eaten!" she cried as she ran with her brother. "I don't wanna be eaten!"
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Seven years now." Yohan replied. "Seven years of a curse that I thought...I could beat and come out in a better spot in life."

Canine ears perked to the sound of screaming, his ears registering em as pups. Pups without a mother to defend them...defenseless whelps. Growling angirly as he stayed put, his tail and hair bristling as he did so. His action was a aggressive one but one that didn't require he move, it was a animalistic warning. A warning that was warning them that "this is MY food, go away'. When you suffer with a curse like his and the appettie that comes with it, you would gain food aggression. As it felt like every morsel of food was needed as...well, it never felt like enough.  While the temptation of human flesh was there, the boar meat in his jaws fine for the time being. His tail flicked behind him, willing to ignore them for now if they would leave.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Seeing the wolf show signs of food aggression, the twins ran back in the direction they came and hurried as fast as their feet would carry them back to the village.

"Papa!" the boy yelled, gripping his sister's hand as he took her to the huntsman.

The huntsman knelt down and pulled them into his arms. "What is it, Hansel?"

"We saw the wolf! A-And we found a dead witch in a cabin and-"

"Slow down." The huntsman rubbed Hansel's back before turning to the girl and touching her shoulder. "Are you alright, Gretel? Why are you crying?"

"We went to the clearing," she sniffled. "And we found a cabin, so we went in. And the witch was dead and-" Her lip quivered as she buried her face into his chest. "There was blood everywhere."

"It's alright, sweetheart," the huntsman said, gently squeezing both children. "I'm glad you're alright." He scooped them up in his arms and carried them back to the house by the square. "Briar!"
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
A radiant woman with golden hair jumped slightly at the yell. Her husband's voice had a boom to it. Hard to miss and impossible to ignore .Not that she would dare to ignore it. He had such a good voice, and a good heart. Setting her basket down on the doorstep of their home, she was rather surprised to see her husband carrying their distraught children.

"Oh my dear, darlings. What's wrong?" Brair asked, voice thick in worry as she closed the distance between them all. "Honey, do you have any ideas as to what has them upset?"

Her delicate hands would set themselves against the cheek of their sobbing daughter. While the other rested on her son's head. Why were they crying? Had they gotten hurt? Had the evil fairy come back? What if she did...no one saw that being in ages. So...it wasn't possibly that...right?

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
The huntsman sighed as his wife rushed to him and the children. "They told me they found a dead witch in the woods. And something about the wolf." He glanced between the twins. "What did the wolf do?"

"He... he growled at us 'cause he was eating..." Hansel cast his eyes down for a moment. "And..."

"It's alright. I'm glad you two got away when you did." Carrying them inside, he set them down and rubbed their heads. "I'll go see about the witch."

"Papa, no!" cried Gretel, wrapping her tiny arms around his neck. "I don't want you getting hurt!"

"I'll be fine, Gretel. I won't be long." He kissed her forehead before giving Hansel a quick hug. "I won't be long, love," he told Briar, brushing his lips against hers before giving the twins a gentle yet stern look. "We've got some things to discuss when I get back."

The twins twiddled their thumbs and glanced up at him. "Yes, Papa," they said in unison.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 11:16:59 PM by PendragonXeno94 »
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
The Wolf? Oh yes, that strange man that everyone disliked so much. Bending down, she let her hands rest on the heads of her children. Returning the kiss from her husband as she couldn't help but feel concern. IT wasn't the Evil Fairy but, it was still dangerous wasn't it?

"Please becareful." Brair requested as she smiled gingerly at him, when he was gone, she turned her attention to their children. "Come my dears, let's get you back inside the house. Your father will be back soon."

With the boar devoured, flesh and bone all gone. Wolf gave a grumble to himself as he tried to remove his wolf features. Sadly his growling stomach kept them there and thankfully, a boar once more presented itself close enough. Bending down, he still looked like a man. Just with strange lupine traits as his tail twitched and his face covered in blood. With strange ease, he rushed out of his hiding spot, claws sinking into the boar's flesh as it squealed in confusion and pain. The large pig tried to shake the man away, trying to stab them with their tusks. However this went far smoothly than last time. Wolf able to pin the creature down and end it's struggling quickly before taking the first bite this time.

Maybe today he could catch a few to try and save? With all the traps around, it was gonna be hard to keep hunting like this. And he sure as hell couldn't go into town for food...even more so during winter. Still, the wolf easily tore off another section of flesh, chewing this time to try and curb his hunger.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
The huntsman did his best to avoid any of the areas that the wolf would be in, and he hardly had any difficulty getting to the clearing. Glancing up at the tower, he eyes the large clump of braided, ash blonde hair sitting at its base. Continuing on, he finally spotted the cabin that Hansel and Gretel seemed to tell him about.

He knocked on the door a few times. "Hello?" he called. Putting his hand on the door, he nearly stumbled forward as the door swung open. To his horror, he found a trail of blood from the door to the little room on the opposite end. He peeked into the room and scrunched his nose at the sight and smell of the witch, whose throat was torn out, her insides were pulled out, and her body had already begun to decompose. He quickly located a shovel and carried her corpse out of the cabin and simply set her down by the lonely tree. He hurried as best he could to bury her as the smell was beginning to get to him.

Once he was finished, he made his way back to the village, but not before coming across the wolf, to which he kicked some dirt in his eyes before running off. At the gate, he stopped to catch his breath before making his way back to his home and opened the door. "Briar? Children? I'm back."
--
"Seven years?" Rapunzel asked. "How did you manage that?" She couldn't exactly complain much as her life in the tower seemed more pleasant compared to what Yohan went through.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
A loud snarl left Wolf as the Huntsman pulled his damn stunt. The sound of cracking bones could be heard as his curse tried to take over but all that happened was  fur growing under his clothes that made him look a bit bigger. He didn't pursue the man. Fucking asshole to just do that while he was eating. He hadn't done anything to the huntsman, so why the hell was he doing that?! Didn't matter. Apparantly this wasn't deep enough into the forest to get away from the damn villagers.

"We're here my love. Are you okay?" Brair asked as she watched her husband stumble in.

"I didn't...manage it. I failed." Yohan answered after a moment. "I was covered in so much filth, that no one recognized me as a person. They thought I was either a bear or some monster. I broke down at the third year mark, I broke the conditions of the deal. For that I was cursed to forever wear the bearksin and I got nothing in return."

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
"I'm fine." The huntsman looked over at the twins. "Go upstairs for a moment. I'll be right there."

The two children quickly went up the short flight of steps.

"I found the witch the children told me about," he told Briar. "She was ripped apart. She had definitely been there for a few weeks. I don't know what got her, but it wouldn't surprise me if that wolf happened upon her and-"
--
"That's terrible," said Rapunzel. There had to be a way to break the curse. She reached over and held his hand. "I'm sorry. I wish there was something I could do."
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"It's alright. At this point there's not much that can be done." Yohan replied, a confused expression was on his face as she took his hand. "B..Besides, there's people with worse curses. You got Beast, and Wolf...probably a few others too."

Curses seemed heavy in this town. Something always going wrong, something causing problems. Now the info on Wolf was uncertain.

"Please...spare me the details. That's already horrible enough sounding." Briar requested. "Would you like some tea my dear?"

The woman moved over to the counter tops as she pulled down a cup. Even though he hadn't agreed to tea yet, she figured it would be best to be ready. Now when you slept for many years, you missed out on things. But there were things form old you could recall, things you would miss and want back. She couldn't help but have this nagging feeling every time the Wolf was mentioned.

"Honey....did you find the Wolf..?" Brair asked. "Did...did he really do it?"

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
"There has to-" Rapunzel sighed. "Does this town have problems with so many damn curses? What happened to Beast and Wolf? Who else has a curse on them?"
--
The huntsman sighed as he sat down. "Please." When Briar asked him about the wolf, he shrugged. "I'm not sure. He wasn't far off from the witch's cabin. He could've, but it's hard to say." Even he doubted himself. The wolf would never let something go to waste, though there was a chance that he has changed over the years. He still didn't know who was responsible for the deaths of Briar's family and the three fairies that gave her her gifts. He never had the heart to tell her that he had to bury them all before he found her.

And it was best that she didn't as he was sure she wouldn't take the news well.
The dragon becomes me...