Visionary Tales
9/18/19: Visionary Tales is ELEVEN YEARS OLD! Happy birthday! Leave a post on the site today (anywhere!) as a gift to VT. It's a good day to catch up on replies. (;If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

When Will (M)y Life Begin?

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Gritting his teeth, Yohan turned his gaze down to the floor. Trembling as he stayed put as he was clearly distraught over this. He hated giving into the curse despite it's temporary comforts. In the end it always meant the same thing, he couldn't fight it. And that always hurt more than anything. It pulled at his heart and mind, ripping things apart from within it felt like. Why couldn't he fight this anymore?
------

Wolf searched through the forest, sniffing the air as he sought to find the huntsman. They weren't going to let them interfer with his life anymore. This was going to be the only warning he would give them. Now, Wolf had to provide for not just one person but a unknown number. A mate and pups, pups that were clearly growing fast within their mother. He had to make SURE his territory wasn't going to be threatened by the hunter. Sure enough, he'd spot them from a distance before coming out of the shadows cautiously.

"I have something to tell you." Wolf said in a growl, his tone showing that he wasn't in the mood for any funny buisness.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• The Hoarder of Notebooks
    • View Profile
When the huntsman came across Wolf on his way back from the woodsman's cabin. "Calm down, Wolf," he told him. "I already know Cora's expecting. I'm just surprised that you got her pregnant."

Even now, it was odd to hear himself utter that sentence. What could Cora have possibly seen in Wolf that she would actually care for him? A sigh escaped him. "I assure you, no harm will come to her or her baby. I'm certainly not telling Red."
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"You better keep your word on that." Wolf growled out, clearly struggling to put trust into the huntsman. "No more traps deeper in the woods. I'm not letting my children into that accursed town but I'm not letting that town, come after my child. It may have been unintended for them to come about but I'm not loosing anyone again."

How did he learn? Did Cora tell him? Was she trying to assure him in her own way that things would be okay? this was such a risk, letting one of the enemy that hunted him down for years know that now there would be children around. Pups that were innocent and not desiring any conflict. While he did say child, he thought it was best to lie since the huntsman thought it was just one child from their words. Confirming it was more than one could ruin the chance at them leaving him be.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
"I will." The huntsman looked Wolf in the eye. "Cora has been a dear friend to my family. I can promise you that no one will come after your child or put any more traps in the woods."

So long as Red never found out, they had nothing to worry about. Perhaps Beast would find a way to enforce it.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Wolf stared at the Huntsman, debating on putting trust in them again. His hair stood on end before he took a deep breath and exhaled. He pointed at the man, eyes filled with determination and distrust but something in them made his words hold more weight.

“You better mean that, and giving you this last thread of trust. Break it in any way that hurts Cora or my young, I’ll be the monstrosity you all make me out to be and I will make every one of you regret it.”

Lowering his hand, it was clear his more feral side had him so tense. The inner beast had something besides a hunger for food, it had a mate. A expecting one at that. It was something more sacred than food.

“She’s growing fast, Huntsman. Too fast and I don’t know how long she has for the pregnancy nor what the child will be like.” Wolf explained, his voice trying to be less aggressive. “I’m trying to keep her at my den so no one notices but I doubt she’ll agree until she’s further along. I can’t go into town, I need someone to watch her in case she starts progressing faster....evenmore so since I need to make a new den that will be suitable for her labor and the pups.”

Genuine worry was there in his eyes.  He sighed as he stood there.

“I’m afraid she might have a litter....and that they’ll be more like me...” wolf muttered but the Huntsman could hear it. "She hasn't been...pregnant very long and she's already showing..."
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 03:15:28 AM by readlliea »

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
The huntsman nodded. "You have my word. Briar will help, too." Seeing how she and Cora were close, he figured Cora could stay with them until she was further along. "Understandable."

He saw the concern in Wolf's eyes. It seemed as though for the first time, Wolf was afraid. He had reason to be as Cora was carrying for him and progressed more quickly than she should be. "Maybe it's the wolf side making her show already. That's all I can think of. Perhaps Briar can convince Cora to stay with us until the den is ready for her."

Of course, Red would want to know. She couldn't know. This would set her off like nothing else, and would only fuel the rumors surrounding Cora more.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Wolf glanced up to Huntsman, the look of confliction still on his face before he sighed. Scratching at his chin in a nervous fasion. He still didn't like it. He didn't like the idea of her staying in the village even now.

"It's more than likely that...in regards to her showing so early. Honestly....I'm concerned she could drop sooner than a human as well due to it." Wolf replied.

But Cora trusted Briar, she put so much trust in the other woman. Perhaps a female around her that had gone through pregnancy before was best? A potiental comfort even if some aspects were different? He just didn't want her growing so fast and then labor hit where he couldn't get to her. The thought scared him.

"Fine....she...it might help her to be near a female whose had pups before....even though your pups are...normal and well...aren't really pups but kids..." Wolf added, rotating his hand as he spoke.
---------

Yohan had come to once more, sitting up as he found himself in a different bed. After going through that bad of a fit, he felt drained. His head was fuzzy, recalling events felt like a year ago to him. Though, a yawn did leave him as he started to stretch. Only to wince and wake up a bit more as his back cracked loudly.

"Ooh ow ow...." Yohan groaned as he tensed up before slowly straightening out. "Oooh..my head.."

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
"I assure you, if she starts showing any more, we'll bring her out to you and I'll help you finish the den." Well, that was something he never thought he would say. Still, he knew what it was like to be nervous about the arrival of a child, and it all he could do to try and offer any help he could.

The huntsman crossed his arms. "Your children will fine." He added a comforting smile to his statement.
------
Rapunzel was already up and about as she heard Yohan stir. Rushing to the door, she knocked. "Hey. You alright?" she asked softly as she cracked the door open. She was going to see if she could find anything in the library, though she already looked twice the night before. She would break these curses or die trying.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Wolf chuckled.

"You, digging a den? You build houses, not dens." Wolf remarked, for once laughing lightly.

The laugh quickly faded as his wolf ears emerged, twitching to the sounds of the woods as his attention was pulled. Ah just prey nearby, that was something he could grab in a minute or two.

"If Red somehow finds out, let me know. I gotta go." Wolf instructed before rushing off, disappearing into the brush.

Quite the odd interaction, huh?
---------------

"Yeah...just really sore. My back cracked on me, probably needed to." Yohan answered, weakly smiling. "Uh...you doing okay?"

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
The huntsman chuckled, glad to see Wolf lightening up for once. But their conversation was cut short when Wolf detected prey nearby and ran off. "I'll let you know..."
-------
"I see." Rapunzel sighed to herself. "I'm alright, I guess. Just trying to see how else everyone's curses can be lifted. I think Beast's problem has been solved." She hung her head a little. "I hope." Bringing her gaze back up, she shrugged. "We'll have to track your man down and get him to revert yours. I'm not entirely sure about Wolf's. And as far as I know, nobody else has a curse to deal with..."
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Maybe Madam Hood is cursed to be a grump?" Yohan replied, his tone was a joking one and he did give a small smile. "No cure for that."

A light chuckle left him before it passed, it hurt to laugh. Darn. Humor was always a good distraction.

"Sorry, thought it would be funny." Yohan apologized. "I'm sure Beast is on the right track, though it's best to keep a close eye just in case. We can't force love but we can certainly help give them a romantic mood if they need it. Well...or at least you or the servants can. After that last fit I...I really feel out of it."

That should pass swiftly enough, though he wondered if that meant he was just going to have a bad fit sooner than he would like. Rubbing the back of his neck, he tried to push those thoughts away.

"Maybe someone from out of town will have ideas for Wolf? There's been a few people who moved here in past years. Like Huntsman's wife, the Gruff brothers....er....what was another one.." Yohan started.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
"What's Red's problem, anyway?" Moving to sit at the edge of the bed, she folded her hands in her lap and sighed. "Yeah, I do want them to develop something on their own. I won't force it." At the mention of someone from out of town possibly knowing, she pursed her lips. "I can always ask Rudolph if he might know of someone. Seeing how Snow White is taking everyone with magical properties."

It was simply a thought. Though she wasn't entirely sure who lived in the village their whole lives. "Well, who's the huntsman's wife? Or the Gruff brothers? Maybe Beast would know who else moved here."

For something she had a year to fix, things were quickly piling up.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Well when she was younger, Wolf kind of did eat her...and her grandmother." Yohan answered hesitantly. "She's hated him ever since and it was the last straw in everyone else's mind. "

Other than that, he didn't know why else Red was so hostile towards Wolf...or people in general it seemed. She was just that way it seemed.

"Oh Briar is his wife, she's usually at home with their twin kids." Yohan explained. "The Gruff brothers are bridge builders and when they were moving they had to cross this one bridge where a troll lived, they had to trick their way across since they troll wanted to eat them. Beast would certainly know whose moved here in recent years."

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
"Oh... maybe he didn't mean to...?" She wouldn't know. She had been in the tower from when she was very young and only recently left there.

She made a note to herself to see Beast before she would try to find the others. "Why does the name Briar sound so familiar?" Not that she would know for sure, but it sounded like a name she hadn't heard in some time.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"I don't know the story. Honestly I wasn't around for that event, I hadn't arrived yet." Yohan explained, a shrug left him when Rapunzel questioned why Briar sounded familiar. "Maybe you knew her? From what I heard though, she was asleep for a long time but I'm not sure. Huntsman found her and brought her here, in which they eventually married. Beast is probably your best bet besides ask Briar herself."

He wasn't too sure on what else to suggest to her.