Visionary Tales
If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

When Will (M)y Life Begin?

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Rose would find some resistance but she would manage to shove the golden liquid down the man's throat. The instant the substance was swallowed though, the Woodsman felt a painful hurt go through him. Seizing up, the man could only  cough and hack as he felt his body was at war with itself. Causing him to learn forward and hold himself up with his arms. As Rose work to comfort  him and try to keep him awake, his turned arm seemed to shrink and revert to what it was prior to this event. Still purple with black but it was the same size as his other arm now. His eyes returned to normal as well.

Woodsman gasped for air as he sat there, trying to slow his heart as the painful heat faded. His normal hand still clutching it as he shuddered.Slowly he felt more like himself and that substance that he had been coughing up finally stopped. Collapsing onto his side, Woodsman's chest rose and fell rapidly. He was back to his current normal....afflicted arm and all at least.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• The Hoarder of Notebooks
    • View Profile
Letting him return to normal, Rose sat on her knees as she held his affected hand. She shook her head at Beast who wanted to protest. "It's alright," she said. "It won't affect me." She gave his hand a gentle squeeze before rising up and grabbing his pillow to place under his head.

"Now," she said. "I know what caused this, and I know how to take care of it. You were attacked by a bane. And my family made the cure for it." She looked up at Beast, smiling softly as he looked relieved to hear the news.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Woodsman was just drained, utterly and completely drained. His body wanted to give out and even the gentle squeeze of his hand made him wish he would just pass out. At least then the pain and discomfort would end, the horrible misery his body was in would be fully over. Yet here he was, still alive...still awake.

"Ju..st...cut...i..t...off.." Woodsman rasped out, wincing slightly.

Somewhere in his mind, he figured this would fix it. Get rid of all the issues and problems. Course it wouldn't but his weakened and ill mind wouldn't let him really process much at the moment.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
At his plea to cut his arm off, Rose shook her head. "That won't help," she assured. "It would only make it worse and it would spread to somewhere else." She sighed to herself as she looked his infected arm. "Even making a cut on it won't do anything to it. I'll have to figure out how to get my hands on an antidote. That will be the only thing that will help you."

"Are you sure?" asked Beast. "I'm not doubting you, it's just..."

"I'm sure," she answered as she looked up at him. "My mother's family came from a long line of Banehunters, they would carry an antidote for themselves or whoever got infected."
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"How long....how long are you people expecting me to hold on like this...?" Woodsman asked as he looked up, his vision starting to become normal again. "I didn't even do anything....my chest suddenly hurt..like my heart had been stabbed and everything just...went worse..."

The man took in a few more unsteady breathes, his body trembling as he ended up easing himself to the floor, laying there as he tried calm his ready to burst heart.

"it's bad enough....living with everything else...every other thing with having to cut someone...open....I can't take more of this...." Woodsman rasped out, closing his eyes as he fought the tears that were ready to escape him from pain but also painful memories.
-------------

Regardless of what he could handle, Woodsman had found himself going to Beast's castle. He hadn't the energy to argue, nor the willpower or desire to fight the nobleman. Still, Woodsman was now residing in the dungeons. He'd been given a bed and blankets, he wasn't being treated horribly at all. It was more of a precaution and everyone would observe that Woodsman seemed to sleep most of the time anyway.

A couple of weeks went by like this and Wolf found his concerns for Cora's pregnancy to be more confirmed. She was bigger and  would only continue to do so. How many were in there? What would the size of this litter be? Would it be a litter in human terms? More then one pup to him would be a litter, it could be a small litter, a normal sized litter, or a large litter. This was her first pregnancy in general though, so perhaps that would help ensure she'd have a small litter if not a single pup. However, judging by her midsection...Wolf knew, he just had this strong feeling that there was more than one pup in there. He didn't know how many but he was positive there was more than one in there with how her clothes were already ill fitting on her; and getting smaller each day.

"Have they started moving yet?" Wolf asked as he pulled the deer into his temporary den, his gaze landing upon his mate. "Have you felt different in anyway or has your midsection felt tighter for any period of time?"

It was clear he was concerned but he was concerned for more than just a early or surprise due date. He was worried that the pups would change, going from human infants to larger wolf pups due to his lineage. Either way, it would be painful and discomforting for her and if there was more than one doing it at the same time, then she'd be able to see the difference in size for her stomach.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
As much as Rose didn't want to see the woodsman in the dungeon, she knew that it was the only option for the time being. She took the next couple weeks to find any books on Banes she could get her hands on and pulled Rapunzel in to show her what they were dealing with.

"You sure?" Rapunzel asked.

"I'm positive," answered Rose. "But what I don't understand is why there are more Banes now than before?"

"Maybe because your sister's crazy..."

Rose shook her head. "She may have let power go to her head, but I certainly hope she wouldn't resort to creating more Banes. I have to find a way to get my hands on an antidote or at least locate ingredients so I can make one."

Rapunzel shrugged. "Well, that might be another curse solved. But that leaves Yohan, Wolf, and me. I just hope there aren't any more."

"How exactly were you cursed?"
------
Cora sighed to herself as Wolf pulled a deer into their den. "A little, yes," she told him. "I've felt a little tired more lately, but my midsection hasn't felt any tighter." Her stomach had certainly grown in the last two weeks. It had gotten to where she was too afraid to go into town. Briar or Huntsman had to bring supplies out for her as they were the only ones who were that she was pregnant.

"I don't know how much longer until I'd be due. And when that happens, I hope that Briar can come to help."
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"You sure? The diference could be just a few seconds or longer." Wolf asked. "The tired part makes sense, you have more than one in there....pregnancy is taxing on any being. Though with how different this one is, it's understandable you'd be more drained faster in energy."

Indeed...if it was one pup, then maybe things wouldn't be this obvious. But it wasn't one pup, it was more than one. Her round stomach was the best evidence to that. Wolf took a breathe an sighed, taking a seat near her and gently setting a hand on her shoulder.

"If...if it would make you feel better during that time...then she can come in for it. However, Huntsman stays outside the den." Wolf said, trying to keep his words straight.

He still didn't trust the Huntsman, for good reason. But if his mate wanted a female companion with experience in childbirth with her for the event, then...it would be wrong of him to refuse her desire. His eyes went to her midsection, his hand slowly trailing down to rest gently on it.

"Are you sure you haven't felt...anything strange in there? I'm just..concerned that the pups could shift forms and that....well..." Wolf started but he went quiet, looking fearful and uncertain.

These two emotions were a very different look for the man to wear.
-----------------

"So, how's your courting going?" Yohan asks Beast with a gentle smile. "I'm glad that Rose and you are getting on well."

Yohan had recovered from his last large fit, though the man was still a big groggy. Even so, he was just glad to be himself.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
"I'm sure... I'll keep an eye on it like I have been." As Wolf sat next to her, she moved to be closer to him. He already claimed her as his mate, and because of their coupling she had been able to see a different side of him. One that she wished more people could see.

Nodding as he said the huntsman would have to wait outside and Briar could be her midwife, she sighed. "I understand. Thank you." When asked again, she placed a hand on Wolf's cheek. "I'm sure I haven't felt anything. You don't have to be so worried."
------
"Oh, uh, it's going well..." Beast replied. "Rose was able to pinpoint what's wrong with Franz and she's trying to either find an antidote or find enough to make one. She said he was infected by a Bane." He gave Yohan a small smile. "What about you? I've seen how you look at Rapunzel."
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
The hand to his face caused a sigh to leave him, his gaze resting on her as she spoke about how he didn't need to be worried.

"But this curse makes it so much more...difficult on you, on the entire pregnancy. I just.." Wolf started. "I just don't know what happens when they're in development...it's not like I can ask my old man about  how I was and even then....he mated with a normal wolf not a..human.."

Why did the old man have to kick the bucket so early? This was just a...urgh! Pulling his hand away from her, he stayed put as he ran his fingers through his hair as he tried to stop worrying on the matter. What if he lost her though? What they lost one or more of the pups? What if they were too big for her to deliver?

"Would you like venison or salmon for a meal?" Wolf asked, trying to put his focus onto something he could do for Cora and the pups in the moment.
---------------------

"I'm glad we're at least a step closer to helping him." Yohan said. "Infected.....some curses work that way I guess. Though, it's still a scary thought."

Illness were a infection, the body underwent scary things when a infection took it's hold over someone. And that was without magic making it worse. Though Yohan's thoughts were interrupted as he looked to Beast with a raised brow.

"Huh? What you mean?" Yohan asked. "I look at her with a perfectly normal gaze, plus she's a friend."

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
As Wolf rambled on, Cora eventually leaned in to gently kiss his nose like she always did. "I'll only start worrying when things go drastically wrong." Besides, it wasn't like she was having contractions at that moment. When he asked her what she wanted for a meal, she reached over and pulled him into her arms. "I'll be fine. You'll see."

She kissed his head and ran a hand through his hair. "Salmon will be fine."
------
Beast chuckled. "Don't try to play it off. I've seen Rapunzel sneaking into your room just to sleep by your bed so nothing would happen to you. I've also seen how you look at her when she has her back to you." He nudged Yohan. "You just let me know when you're ready to admit your feeling for her."

While Beast continued to tease Yohan, Rapunzel straightened her back and tapped the table. "Well, when Wolf was caught in a trap, I was helping him out of it when this old woman appeared out of nowhere and she told me that I was too kind for my own good. And then she poked me in the collarbone with her fingernail-"

Rose pulled at Rapunzel's shirt and saw that there was a huge purple blotch in the shape of a black sun. "Oh... oh dear..."

"What is it?"

"I... I think you've been poisoned with Banesblood."

Rapunzel shot a shocked gaze at Rose. "You sure?"

"I'm sure of it. It starts as a black sun symbol before it begins to slowly spread to your blood and internal organs. Unless you get the same antidote that Franz needs, you'll be dead in a year."

"Well..." Rapunzel pursed her lips. "That's cheery..."
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
The small kiss to his nose always registered to him, it was like the positive yet intimate contact that it was always caught him offguard. He got better with hugs and not being as surprised by them. He wrapped his arms around her gently and made sure to not press against her stomach. Letting his chin rest on her shoulder for a moment, he rubbed the side of his head against the Cora's head; his own affectionate gesture. She held more of the den's scent now, more of his own yet her own personal scent was just as strong as ever.  Pulling himself back a little, the kiss to his head was given and he seemed to be more at ease now.

"Alright, I'll set to roast some of them above ground." Wolf replied before giving her a kiss to her forehead.

Releasing her, he got to his feet and searched one of the baskets that the salmon was held in. Roasting it over a open fire was the only way Wolf knew how to cook and truthfully, he didn't have to cook his food. But for Cora, it was best to do that.
-------------------------

"She claims it's to check and make sure I don't have fits; according to her. I don't have fits while sleeping..." Yohan replies.

The nudge and slight accusation; in a nice way, made Yohan just stare at Beast. Though his cheeks were turning a little red as he stood there.

"Now just because you've been hit with the romance bug, doesn't mean you have the all seeing eye now." Yohan retorts through a stammer, giving the larger man a shove. "Besides you....anyone can see she's a lovely and genuniue person and yes, she's...very pretty but none of your fancy ideas."

The poor man's cheeks were looking rosey red now as he stood there.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Cora smiled as Wolf gave some affection in return. At least he was getting better about it. He was no longer surprised by the hugs and kisses, but she liked that he had his own way of showing his feelings for her. As he left her to go above ground to roast some salmon, she rubbed her stomach as she waited for Wolf to come back to her. She hadn't left the den in over a week, but she certainly liked being out here more than in the village. He never judged her or spit at her feet. He even, perhaps, loved her.
------
Beast chuckled. "Everyone knows, Yohan." As he was shoved, he could only laugh some more. "See? You said she's pretty. And you're blushing."

"Has it hurt?" Rose asked Rapunzel.

"It hasn't hurt after the first few days. But-"

"Well, it will hurt off and on. Do you remember what the woman's name was? Did she even give you one?"

"All she said was Lady Forest."

Rose sighed. "I don't know anyone by that name."
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Wolf certainly struggled with his thoughts on what exactly Cora meant to him. One side of him viewed her as a mate, a life long partner that he would have pups with, something to defend, something to keep close. Yet another part of him still tried to view her as food, her smell sometimes was hard to take in, she smelled so sweet. Appealing and just right. Due to this though, Wolf wasn't sure. He couldn't say for sure which it was. She was kind...kinder than anyone had been to him. Sure Woodsman was once kind to him but Cora showed herself to have a heart stronger than his.

She could've yelled at him, despised him for getting her pregnant. Yet she didn't, she was awakening something else in him that he didn't have a understanding of. The fire crackled lightly as he skewered the salmon in order to prop it over the flames. What did he think? What did he feel? Wolf tilted his head as he watched the flames dance.

Could she love him? Or was some other part of himself just thinking she was returning his uncertain affection? Eventually the first three salmon were cooked and he brought them down to Cora.

"First pick." He'd say before taking more and heading on up to roast more.

Something in him told her to give her the food first, she needed it more despite feeling his stomach growl at such a notion. Why did his head and body have to against each other so much?
-----------------

"It'd be rude to not call a young woman pretty, you know this. Don't you think she's pretty?" Yohan retorted. "I am not, I'm more frustrated that you're saying such things."

Course this entire conflict was making him uneasy..nervous, doubting. As he folded his arms, he started to scratch at his wrist. He felt warm....why did he feel warm? His face felt hotter too; though that was all in his mind. He was indeed blushing, yet his mind wasn't seeing it that way.

"Besides, she can do much better ya know? Not a troubled solider with a bearskin coat that literally turns em into a bear, especially with the bear's mindset." Yohan added as he looked away from Beast. "You got Rose and she sees you, not some man cursed to look a certain way but you. I'm just the guy who has to be watched otherwise they'll go bonkers enough to grab the very thing that makes their life hell as if it's gonna make things better!"

The first mini fit was already starting as he bunched his shoulders and pulled himself in on himself more, itching wrist that traveled to the top of his hand.

"She's a fast learner, heck she soaks up information and such and challenges everyone's views if she thinks somethings wrong. She's determined and persistence which can be a bit of a downfall since she got herself cursed yet she keeps going forward." Yohan rambled, reaching up with a hand to scratch at the side of his neck. "And with that comes always getting into trouble, driving everyone mad with worry yet she somehow manages to remain carefree or at least the brighter viewpoint on things. WHile I'm constantly on thin ice with myself and have a hard enough time staying myself, cause I cave constantly against my problems and try to take the easy yet worse way out of em because I cave!"

His cheeks lost the red as his face went to one of panic and the speed he was scratching himself increased.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Cora looked down at her belly for a moment. She could have easily hated him for getting her pregnant, giving more fuel to the rumors that she was nothing but a whore and would slip up someday. But she could never bring herself to do hate him. Carrying his pups was unplanned, and yet it gave her the opportunity to see Wolf in a different light. She even felt differently about him. Her eyes brightened a little when he returned to the den and hand her some of the salmon he roasted.

"Thank you, my love," she said sweetly.
------
As Rapunzel glanced up, she could see Yohan's face growing pale as he began to scratch at his skin. She hopped up and rushed to him. "Yohan, stop," she said. "You don't need to give in."

"What did you do?" Rose asked as she ran over and looked at Beast.

"All I did was tell him that everyone knows how he feels about Rapunzel," he replied.

Rose huffed. "That was uncalled for! Why would you want to do that?"
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"You're welcome." Wolf replied before he scurried out.

His tone was gentle, so despite not saying the love part it showed that he was still giving her the same response. He just didn't know how to say those words. Those words felt strange, those words felt....hard to say. Like they were lodged in his throat and chest when he attempted to say them. Still, he continued to cook more salmon. Letting his gaze wander around the forest to make sure no one else or any creature, was near.
-------------------------

"It just...feels...." Yohan started, though since was the first fit, it ended quickly.

A few breathes escaped him before he snapped out of it, his hands went still before he pulled them away from himself. Taking a few glances at the room, almost like he had started to forget what was going on.

"No it's...it's okay Rose, I have these....these moments at times. It's just a result of my curse, it's not Beast's fault." Yohan explained. "I...I call them fits. Since, it's literally trying something that comes and goes when I go so long without putting the bearskin on."

But it was already happening...now? It felt like things weren't spaced that far apart anymore with these fits..was it just because of the state he was in back in that dungeon and he put it on? Maybe...maybe his mind was just losing it?

"Honestly it..it doesn't have a trigger other than time, and the curse seems to decide that time. Thanks though....Rapunzel.." Yohan added, glancing to her with a small smile, though he looked away quickly. "The first fit is always the shortest one...they get worse the long I go and..my track record of not caving has been up to...the third fit..."