Visionary Tales
9/18/19: Visionary Tales is ELEVEN YEARS OLD! Happy birthday! Leave a post on the site today (anywhere!) as a gift to VT. It's a good day to catch up on replies. (;If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

To Frame a detective (Pendragon)

Offline PendragonXeno94

• The Hoarder of Noebooks
    • View Profile
Lapis rose from her seat as she shook her head. "Honestly? I really don't know. I'm more concerned about what would happen if Inspector Crown decides..."

Shaking her head again, she fixed her coat. "Never mind."
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
A brow was raised to what Lapis had started talking about her thoughts and yet she cut herself off.

"Now now Lapis, speak what you have to say. You know that voicing one's thoughts can help prevent them from being clouded." Laurence spoke. "ALas if you are that uncomfortable with the thought and would prefer not to, I understand."

With his coat in hand, he easily slipped into it and reached for his hat. Letting the rather old style top hat to rest on his head, he gestured for Lapis to follow as the two left the house. Now taking a cab to the crime scene was most unwise but so was taking the car. So Laurence opted to skip both options strangely enough! They had wished Mrs. Wicky a good day before leaving and the lady was visably concerned, though she wished the two luck.

The trek to the crime scene was quite a while, and the walk was long. Strangely quiet despite the fact that people were about on the streets as well. All of them whispering their buisness to the other, even in the spots were vendors were common. Interesting though, how there wasn't much in terms of vendors today. Most likely scared off due to the rise in murders. Such a shame..Laurence noticed that the person who made vintage items no longer had their stall out. Perhaps they would return in time, when the streets were safer?

"You notice, yes?" Laurence asked quietly as they walked, now only a mile or so from the new crime scene. "A great deal quiet despite the amount of people.."

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Normally, Lapis was quite vocal with her thoughts, but now with it being the latest victims being so close to Crown... she didn't know how to word what she wanted to say. "I'm just worried if everyone knew about your... issue, they might think you did it..."

There was always a chance for someone to know about his condition and deciding that he had to have committed all of the murders. She still felt some disquiet as they left the house and walked all the way to the crime scene. A quick glance had her sighing to herself as she saw how empty the street seemed, possibly due to the latest murder.

"Yes," she answered. "It just seems so sad that fear is running rampant now. I just hope that we can solve the cases soon."
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"A reasonable concern, I will admit that even I have a concern regarding it. But let us not dwell on that part." Laurence assured her before they walked out.

Even with how empty the streets were, he could contain his sigh. A nod was his only response to Lapis as she agreed about how empty it was, and added in that fear was rampant. It was...wasn't it? Such a easy thing to stir up within any creature, no matter how hard they tried to deny being afraid. Still thoughts of fear and his own problem would have to be put aside as they came upon the holo tape with "DO NOT CROSS", "CRIME SCENE", "POLICE TAPE" all flashing alone it.

"Alright, let's get to work." Laurence replied as he pulled out a odd pointed device with a crystal clear edge.

Putting it through part of the tape, it would turn to static before deactivating without setting off a alarm. It was a easy hack, the police needed to modify the tape but....what they didn't know wasn't his problem.  Once Lapis was through of course, he would reactive the tape; just to keep anyone else out. The scene had been cleaned rather well already sadly, the blood had been removed form the pavement but there was a outline of the bodies... or at least, the pieces of it.

A sound left him as he moved along, looking around for anything that would be suspicious. Without the blood splatter though, it was hard to tell just how the bodies fell. Even then though with how many pieces there were...would that help?

"Keep a sharp eye, Lapis. Let me know if you find anything out here in the front. I'm going to check around." Laurence instructed.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Finally reaching the area covered in holo tape, Lapis allowed Laurence to deactivate it and followed him to where the outlines of the bodies where.

Nodding, she began to scour the front area as Laurence went to another part of the crime scene. As nothing had turned up, she sighed in frustration before she slipped her gloves on and looked through the pieces. The pieces looked as though they were torn off with a few shards of glass and bones embedded into them.

Sitting down, she began to delicately pluck the shards out of each body part before placing them in individual bags for each body part she examined.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Lapis dear, come here." Laurence would call.

He stood on the other side of the village, examining large cracks in the walls but he had picked something up. As he waited for her to show up, he pondered the marks in the walls. They looked like they could've been cracks in the building at one point but...the large and long deeper marks that the cracks were spreading out from. Those weren't cracks. However he would glance toward Lapis as she would emerge from around the building.

"Ah there you are. What does this look to you?" Laurence asked as he pointed at the deep cuts into the hard stone and metal side of the building.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Hearing Laurence call, Lapis went to him and started to examine the marks on the wall.

"It looks to me that some claws were powerful enough to cut through that," she said.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Certainly seems like it." Laurence admitted, though he wasn't so sure.

He let his fingers run across the edges of the marks, narrowing his brows after a moment. Something felt off and while he wanted to say his thoughts, he knew it wasn't really wise to. Not yet at least. He turned his attention to Lapis once more.

"Have you found anything?" Laurence asked as he pulled his hand back.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
When she was asked what she found, she showed Laurence the bags of glass and bone she pulled out. "I found these shards in the pieces that were piled together." She glanced at the shards for a moment.

"Now, how did the killer manage to get glass and bone embedded into the pieces when the victims were dismembered?"
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"A very good question. Considering that there isn't even a window here to that could be broken, let alone the victims potentially thrown into." Laurence spoke, pondering it over. "The amount of blood from how Goldstone described it is more accurate for a primary crime scene, so the chances of this being a dump location is slim."

With a flick of his wrist, he would hold out the small piece that he had found. He had his ideas on what it was but he didn't want to be the one to keep a hold of it.

"Put this in your bag my dear but remember which one you put it in. Later on I'll need you to do a scan of it to see if my theory is right." Laurence instructed, his brows were still narrowed as he was pondering this whole mess.

Despite the blood having been cleaned up from here, he could smell the blood on the bits of bone and glass from the bag she was caring. Keeping his mind busy was one way to ignore the scents that seemed to to with the thin strands of his mind. When Lapis took the small fragment form him, she might notice the discoloration on his hand. A small warning that his 'condition' was flaring up.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Nodding, Lapis glanced at the glass shard that Laurence has found. "Do you think that the suspect has a unique form of shape shifting to where they can change their body matter to mimic something else? Like, say, glass?"

She took the shard from him and looked down at his hand. "Laurence, dear. Your hand looks different." She gently took his hand into hers. "Are you allergic to something? IT's not your condition, is it?"
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"I've heard a few cases where people could change their body to the structure of a type of mineral such as diamonds and steel, though I'm not sure if that's what we're dealing with. However it is on the pile of possibility that we can't rule out just yet." Laurence replied.

Those kinds of people were on the rarer side, as they were often from a supernatural and human union OR they were tested on by some lab; which the later would make them more of mutants than supernatural but they were grouped into the same category as hybrids as it made things easier to keep track of. For the government that is. However at Lapis's words, he  glanced to his hand for a moment and watched as the odd patterned seemed to spread more. His brows narrowed slightly at this before he could feel it, that pulse that would go through him. Making him tense up before that tension seemed to spread to his hand that was being held in Lapis's gentle grasp.

She'd feel the bones shift under her grasp before she'd hear it or see it. Though that sound soon went through the air and Laurence took in a few deeper breathers, his changes immedeatly stopping before his color's hand returned to normal as well. At that time, he would pull his hand back to himself and look it over.

"Seems that recipe wasn't a saving grace after all..." Laurence grumbled, looking displeased and disappointed.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Lapis did her best to stay calm as she felt his bones shift before they ceased and his hand returned to normal. Hearing the disappointment in his voice, she placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Perhaps we can look into it more and see what can be done about it," she suggested.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"For now, it's not important. It can wait till some other day." Laurence responded, his voice a bit harsh with the disappointment.

Letting his gaze fall elsewhere, his brows remained narrowed. However he seemed to look up before having a small smirk.

"Prepare yourself my dear, seems our friend Inspector Crown is finally pulling up. Let us go around and sneak up on him from behind to greet him." Launrence said before he started to walk away and duck under the police holo-tape.

Deactiving it with the inspector so close by was a silly idea, he'd know for sure they were there. Course when they arrived around the front side of the crime scene, the two would see the man that they had mentioned. Standing at the average height, Inspector Crown had a small bit of a belly. Though their police cap hid most of their balding head from view, allowing the thick red sideburns and moustache to gain true center stage. Their green eyes quickly fell on the two and he didn't look pleased.

"Not today Laurence, leave! Take your helper and go!!" Inspector Crown snapped, clearly not in the mood today.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
"Understandable," said Lapis.

As she went about the crime scene, she paused when Inspector Crown pulled up and demanded for them to leave.

"But Inspector," she started, "couldn't you use all the help you can get?" Shaking her head, she had the bags hidden in her inner coat pocket while giving the inspector her best smile.
The dragon becomes me...