Visionary Tales
9/18/19: Visionary Tales is ELEVEN YEARS OLD! Happy birthday! Leave a post on the site today (anywhere!) as a gift to VT. It's a good day to catch up on replies. (;If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

To Frame a detective (Pendragon)

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"I'm not having more civillians die on my watch and I'm not having some private detectives who think they're bigshots, go snooping around and add to the death toll!!" Inspector Crown snapped at Lapis as he pointed a finger at the two. "You will leave!! Before I place you under arrest for contaminating a crime scene and preventing officers of the law from performing their duties!"

"Calm down Inspector Crown, we mean no disrespect and we don't wish to harm your investigation. We came to see if there was anything we could deduce by merely looking, we're still on the side of the holo-tape where non-officers stand." Laurence said in a calm voice.

Though the glare he got from the Inspector was a clear sign that the Inspector wasn't gonna buy that today.

"Leave! I won't warn you both again." Inspector Crown snarled, Laurence sighed as he shrugged sadly.

"As you wish, come on Lapis." Laurence said as he started to walk away.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• The Hoarder of Noebooks
    • View Profile
Following behind Laurence, Lapis shook her head as they left the crime scene.

"Shall we go ahead and go through the evidence when we get back?" she asked.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"We still have a few things to figure out. Such as who the victims are. We can't afford to wait till the news releases the names of the victims and since Inspector Crown is being rather... firm on his stance of not giving any information, we're out of luck there." Laurence said as they walked.

Though who could they go to?

"Drop off what you found at the house in the draw. Then head on off to find Officer Goldstone, perhaps he can give you some clues on who the victims were. I'll hunt around for a few things that I have in mind." Laurence suggested. "Sound good?"

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
"Ah, yes. I thought you'd say that." Lapis nodded and held the bags against her waist underneath her coat. "I'll take care of that while you do what you need to."

With that, she left for his home to put the bags away. After walking for so long, she quickly greeted Mrs. Wicky at the door and as she was going to Laurence's office, she kicked off her heels and rubbed her feet.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Is everything going alright?" Mrs. Wicky asked as she brought a cup of tea to Lapis.

Normally the two of them returned at the same time unless something was amiss, and while she normally didn't worry. She was a bit concerned due to trying out that recipe at her employer's request. She didn't have to worry about Laurence but it was a more natural thing for her to do. The man was smart yes, but he did have the habit of getting himself into bad situations. Even more so when he seemed to act off when something was starting to affect him.

She fidgeted slightly as she waited for a answer, setting the teacup and saucer down onto the table near her. Though she ended up rotating the serving tray in her hands in a worried fasion.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
"Yes." LApis graciously took the cup of tea and sipped at it. "Laurence just needed to take care of some things, but he's alright."

As she began sorting through the evidence, she quietly hummed to herself before taking another sip of tea. "I'm sure he'll be back in no time at all, like he always does."
The dragon becomes me...