Visionary Tales
If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

To Frame a detective (Pendragon)

Offline PendragonXeno94

• The Hoarder of Notebooks
    • View Profile
Lapis had her statement put down, not even daring to mention anything about Laurence. Once she was done, she was ordered to go home and take a few days off. As she entered Laurence's apartment, she rubbed her eyes and made her way back to where the evidence was left sitting.

"Well, that worked splendidly," she muttered sarcastically as she stared at the table. She was quick to begin sketching what the creature looked like. She had no idea what it was, or where it came from, but it seemed to be thirsting for blood as one officer was dead and Goldstone's life hung in the balance.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Mrs. Wicky had brought in tea for Lapis, a concerned look on her face.

"Perhaps you should go check on the young lad? After all, the hospital works much faster now an days, he could be out of any treatment by time you get there." Mrs. Wicky suggested. "I'll keep a eye out for Laurence my dear. Here, why not take some cookies to Office Goldstone? Hospital food is still very bland despite their advancements."

A kind smile was on her face as she set the round tin next to her but something told Lapis that Mrs. Wicky would probably insist on this until she gave. The hospital took a while to get to due to traffic as well as distant.  Eventually she'd be allowed into Office Goldstone's room, it was still a sterile enviroment. White mostly everywhere though the man was merely laying there in the bed with slow breathes. It was deliberately slow, hinting that he was awake with his eyes closed. But the sound of the door closing caused him to open them, slowly looking over to Lapis.

"L...Lap...is?" he asked.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• The Hoarder of Notebooks
    • View Profile
Lapis quickly downed the tea before nodding to Mrs. Wicky's suggestion of visiting Goldstone at the hospital. She knew that Wicky would only insist that she went, and there was no point in pointless banter back and forth. After some time, she gathered a few things and took a small bag of cookies with her to the hospital. "Let Laurence know where I am, yes?"

Once she was allowed in, she quietly entered and set the bag on the small side table. "I'm here," she said softly as she pulled a chair to the bed.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Of course dear." Mrs. Wicky agreed.

The young officer was surprised though he was grateful at the same time for the company he now had.

"What are...you doing here?" Goldstone asked. "I am happy to see you, just a bit surprised."

Couldn't blame the lad for that either, though he was still shocked that Lapis had found her way to the crime scene and to him. The whole thing felt...unreal. And yet real at the same time. With how much pain he was, the medication didn't feel like it was doing much. In fact, it felt like it was rising in one particular spot. No...no that wasn't possible.