Visionary Tales
If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

(M) The Sliding Tavern

brucedabold · 1210 · 39513

Offline Aries Jordan

• View Profile
It occurred to Leonie that she had been trying so hard to convince Roy and Pris that she was trying to help them that she had overlooked what danger they might be to her.  Nobody's magic spell worked faster than a bullet, after all.  So she went to the front porch.

"Pete, I'm going to need to drive these guys into the city a couple miles," she announced loudly, and then in a quieter voice, "would you be my wingman?"  Peter, she hoped, would be able to tell if either of them had evil intentions.

"I need you too, Tikky," she called back into the barroom.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 12:53:28 PM by Aries Jordan »

Offline brucedabold

• View Profile
"I believe it to be a steam-pressed hot beverage made from the roasted and powdered seeds of the coffea canephora plant, or a hybrid therefrom," Pris tells the cat. "Commonly called prest or presso, from the root espresso, of Italian origin. It contains a strong stimulate that most humans find pleasing or helpful on a daily basis."

Roy looks over at Pris. "There is no need to test the cat. It is time to go with Leonie to this 'Layline' location." Pris pouts and stands back up. The two head for the front door. Pris places the untasted beverage on a table, and smiles at Aisling as they leave.

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
Peter glanced over his shoulder into the Tavern, taking a long look at Roy and Pris, then nodded. "Absolutely," he said.

There was something about the two beautiful beings beyond their current predicament that made him uneasy. Like the hobbits, they were being hunted, but unlike the hobbits they held no air of helplessness. They seemed suspicious, sneaky, and capably dangerous.

"We should let Red know we're leaving," he added. "She took Rikerg around the house to show him something, so while you get the car, Reggie and I'll go find her. Good?"

Offline Tikkeni

• View Profile
"But....I'm coooomfy..."  Tikky whines and presses himself against Aisling's leg.  "It's warm in here..and dry!  Wait, test me?  Did I pass?  Do I want to have passed?"  Sir Tikk grumbles about ungrateful mistresses and sulks towards the door.

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
"You would do that for me?" He asked, taking off his pants, mindful not to tear them with his claws, and handed it to her. His large shirt hung down right above his knees, and he began to undo the laces even more carefully, focusing on them to make sure that he could get it open wide enough so it wouldn't get stuck on his horns.

Offline Aisling

• Aisling: pronounced ASH-ling
    • View Profile
Aisling returns Pris's glance, but not the smile.  She looks back out the window and slightly misses the warmth of the cat as he scrambles onto his feet and leaps off the seat towards the door.

She really dislikes this world.  Just looking at the weird flashing lights gives her eerie not-right flash-backs to the fae world, even though they are not in the least alike.

Offline brucedabold

• View Profile
Deckard couldn’t sleep for very long. A dream of a unicorn running through a thick forest fades from his mind as he gets up, careful to not disturb Rachel.

He checks out his mouth and bruised face in the bathroom before going to the main room and sitting at his desk. He calls up his computer and begins searching through vids of last night’s marketplace where he shot Zora and fought with Leon. He hoped to get a sighting of the other two, Roy and Pris.

When he got to a vid showing Zora’s death he replayed it several times. Her running through the panes of glass as his bullets ripped through her body. He’s not sure why he watched it repeatedly. It didn’t contain any further information on the investigation.

He broke out of the macabre voyeurism when we felt as if Rachel was suddenly watching over his shoulder. He started and looked, but she wasn’t there. Sitting up and sighing he moved on to more vids, and finally caught one of Leon. He was stepping out of a vidcomm booth.

“Identify that vidcomm,” he told the computer.

Tearence Station Vidcomm #B23-T

“Show logs from…” he looks at the vid’s timestamp, “15:30 to 15:40 last night.”

Only one call appears. Made from a Washington street vidcomm and lasting for 44 seconds.

Deckard stood and got his coat and gun. He checks its chamber and ammo clip automatically. Shouldering the weapon he goes to check on Rachel. Still asleep he plants a kiss on her head and adjusts the blanket. At the door he cautiously looks out into the hall before leaving and making sure the door is securely locked. His movement is as both a detective and a fugitive.

Offline brucedabold

• View Profile
"Here, let me help you with that," offered Red. She steps up and reaches for the laces. "How do you come by such clothing that you have trouble removing and donning? Did someone else dress you, back before the tavern?"

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
He stopped trying to undo them when she offered, leaning down so she could reach better.

"No, I dress myself. This is rather easy for me." He meant relative to other types of fastenings. "My claws is what makes anything difficult. It is quite easy to tear clothing with them. It can be difficult to grab small things with them as well." Buttons especially gave him trouble.

Offline Tikkeni

• View Profile
Sir Tikk squeezed out the door and gave a disgusted mew at the weather.  "Someone better carry me to the car, I think the rain is acid..."