Visionary Tales
If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

(M) The Sliding Tavern

brucedabold · 1149 · 36874

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online brucedabold

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 228
    • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
The RxNXS perked up and suddenly went to the entrance as Reggie exited.

Alert: Status Code: TwIu: ID: 4: Low Body Temperature: 28.2
Logic Strategy FpMn: Retrieve
Logic Strategy HiPo: FIFO: ID: 4
Signal Lock: 34.564
ToT: 1 min
Confidency: 85%


The bot spider climbed down the tunnel to get Leonie.


Offline Aisling

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 151
    • Karma: +2/-0
  • Aisling: pronounced ASH-ling
    • View Profile
Well...  that enchanted cot was being very useful, Aisling thought. 

She shook out her arm without thinking, relieved that she didn't have to push or pull someone else out of the burial mound.


Offline Merlin

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 190
    • Karma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
Peter only took his eyes off the tunnel long enough to retrieve his tunic and vest, gingerly putting them on over his torn and bloody skin. They weren't that warm, but they were better than nothing. Sitting back on the ground, he drew Reggie into his lap and continued watching the mouth of the barrow.


Online brucedabold

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 228
    • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
RxNXS reaches Leonie. Like a long spatula it slides itself under her prone body. Straps quickly run across to secure her to the bot. The cot warms as it begins the accent. It folds lengthwise like a wide taco to make it easier to traverse the tunnel.

Red begins tearing out more rocks and earth from around the entrance to allow the walking cot an exit. Clinching her fingers together to form a hook she pounds at the edges of the tunnel like a pickax.


Offline Tikkeni

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 197
    • Karma: +6/-0
    • View Profile
Sir Tikk watches the cot carefully as it collects Leonie.  As it heads back out he follows at a distance, especially as he hears strange noises coming from the entrance.


Offline Aisling

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 151
    • Karma: +2/-0
  • Aisling: pronounced ASH-ling
    • View Profile
Aisling is very impressed by the demoness digging out rocks.  That's something she might help with, but not with any degree of the same efficiency. 

Not knowing what else to do (aside from a quick look around to check for any new threats, of course), she notices the human looking much more worse for wear, with blood now seeping through his torn shirt-sleeves.  He's not going to bleed to death anytime soon, but then, she probably couldn't be of much help if he was.

"Would you like a minor healing?" Aisling asks him.  "I'm not entirely sure how effective it will be, but it might stop the bleeding and help with the speed of healing."


Offline Merlin

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 190
    • Karma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
Peter and Reggie both looked up at Aisling at the same time -- it was almost comical. "You can do that?" Peter asked, trying to keep his teeth from chattering. "Thank you... I would like that, if you don't mind."


Online brucedabold

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 228
    • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Red breaks away enough of the rocks around the tunnel that the spider cot can exit with Leonie on board.

"Okay," sighs the demoness as she starts to warm Leonie's hands and feet. "Is that everybody?"


Offline Tikkeni

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 197
    • Karma: +6/-0
    • View Profile
"I'm here!"  Tikk chirps as he follows the cot out, then shakes himself free of dirt.


Offline Aisling

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 151
    • Karma: +2/-0
  • Aisling: pronounced ASH-ling
    • View Profile
Aisling holds her hands palms out towards the human and calls on the healing spell.  She has used it on animals and various non-fae beings before, so she's reasonably sure it should work.  It's a general healing, working through the being's system to give a temporary boost towards healing whatever the body says needs attention.   She doesn't know exactly the details of it, she just knows it can help stave off bleeding out of minor cuts, and keeping muscle tears and strains from interfering with her ability to get the job done.  The human isn't mortally injured, so the light healing should do quite a bit for him--lessen the pain, knit some of the flesh and skin, enable him to move about, even if he might be still slightly sore and scrabbed.

For more severe injuries, it has helped her get to a healer before she died.  She hasn't had too many close calls;  she is good at her job...  well, her old job.   

Dark fae are usually somewhat blood-thirsty in general, but these Tavern-travelers are fortunate that she has had more than her fill of blood-letting and has lost her taste for it...  mostly.


Offline Aries Jordan

  • Hero Member
  • *****
    • Posts: 508
    • Karma: +6/-0
    • View Profile
"Oowwwoooh, that burns!" were Leonie's first words, coming to herself with Red heating up her extremities.  Aisling's healing spell fortunately took care of the frostbite damage, so she didn't have to suffer the sensation long.  "Oh, my God, you guys, it was worse than a meat locker in there.  Is everybody okay?  Where's Tikky?" she fretted anxiously, because the cat was very likely to have gone in after her.  "Oh, there you are.  C'mere, kitty!" 


Offline Merlin

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 190
    • Karma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
Peter felt Aisling's healing magic flow through him, lessening the pain from his savagely torn skin and stopping the free flow of blood that had his sleeves sticking to his skin. He hung his head with relief as the Dark Fae's magic set him several days ahead on complete healing. Then something else tore through him: Images, dark and bloody, emotions taking enjoyment from the pain of others, Aisling...

Peter panted in reaction, looking back over his shoulder at Aisling's impassive face. "T-Thank you," he said quietly. "That's much better."


Offline Aisling

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 151
    • Karma: +2/-0
  • Aisling: pronounced ASH-ling
    • View Profile
Aisling glanced at the male human.  She'd felt something odd there at the last, just before he looked over at her.  So the human had some sort of magic to him, aside from being able to understand the speech of the dog.  She wondered if he'd cursed her for healing him?  Humans were strange beings--usually untrustworthy.  She couldn't tell if he had done anything at all, really.  Perhaps it was just a reaction to her spell? 

She mentally shrugged and looked over to the female human. 

It seemed her spell worked somewhat on her as well, since the human was back to squirming around and shouting for the cat.

Aisling looked around at the misty forest surrounding them.  This group literally was loud enough to wake the dead even without them talking. 


Online brucedabold

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 228
    • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
The dark elf's healing magic was quite potent on this world and its power spread throughout those on the hilltop. The hobbits were quick to recover and soon on their feet. To their surprise they found that ancient short swords had been strapped to their belts. They were very sharp and unblemished.

"Thank you again," Frodo told the group. "The cold and fog quickly overcame us, and we got separated. I had heard stories of the wights but never expected to be the victim of them."

RxNXS had folded itself back into a small briefcase. Red picked it up and handed to to Frodo. "It's a medical device that may help you on your journeys. Take it."

"Thank you." He turned to the others. "Thank you all, and farewell. You have saved us thrice now. I do hope this is the last of our trials."

The dawn was beginning to lighten the sky and the intrepid group was ready to set off. 


Offline Tikkeni

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 197
    • Karma: +6/-0
    • View Profile
Tikky clumsily launched himself at Leonie.  "YOU MADE IT!"  He yelped and began purring as loud as he could as he pushed his head against any part of Leonie he could reach.