Visionary Tales
9/18/19: Visionary Tales is ELEVEN YEARS OLD! Happy birthday! Leave a post on the site today (anywhere!) as a gift to VT. It's a good day to catch up on replies. (;If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

(M) The Sliding Tavern

Aries Jordan and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Aisling

  • Jr. Member
  • **
    • Posts: 97
    • Karma: +0/-0
  • Aisling: pronounced ASH-ling
    • View Profile
It looked as if the Tusked one was continuing to bond with the Bard.  They looked rather cuddly lying down next to each other. 

The Bard was probably working his odd magic.  Aisling could sense something, but anything else was beyond her abilities.

She waited, feeling safe enough on the Tavern grounds, with her sword still in hand, just in case.


Offline Tikkeni

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 139
    • Karma: +4/-0
    • View Profile
Tikky's head turned at LEonie's voice.  "YOU'RE ALIVE!" Performing some impressive (for a chunky ginger kitty) jumps he heads straight for Leonie's chest (he may need a boost if she isn't near a chair ;)


Offline brucedabold

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 168
    • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Red returns to the bar, coiling up her whip as she goes. It was obvious that those creatures didn't expect the show of force the inn-mates gave. But they will probably be back, with more of them or with better weaponry, or both. She is glad that Longboat knows of this world and this enemy. Hopefully his spellcraft can help the little folk get on their way. Just what do those creatures want with the hobbits, anyway? There is something that Frodo has or knows that they desire, but what could it be?

The demoness pours drinks for anyone who wants one. "Cheers!" she says, raising her glass, "to repelling the boarders!"


Online Aries Jordan

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
    • Posts: 416
    • Karma: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Leonie was close enough to the bar that she received a cat the size of a Butterball turkey in the chest.  She hugged him tight.  "Yeah, and I got this cool helmet!"

She arranged Tikk on her shoulders again.  "Christ, you're a workout, kitty-cat."  Then she headed downstairs in the direction of Peter's voice.  "Yo, Pete, it's safe to come out.  Black Riders were chased away.  Man, you should've seen Longboat in action!"


Offline Tikkeni

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 139
    • Karma: +4/-0
    • View Profile
Tikky sniffs loudly in Leonie's ear, "You missed me too!  Can I try it on?  It smells...funny." 


Offline Aisling

  • Jr. Member
  • **
    • Posts: 97
    • Karma: +0/-0
  • Aisling: pronounced ASH-ling
    • View Profile
Aisling watched the woods as the Bard and the Tusked on still lay side by side. 

Gradually the sounds of the forest's regular inhabitants resumed.



Offline Merlin

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 129
    • Karma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Peter waited in front of the cell until he could see Leonie and Tikk come around the corner from the stairs, and smiled. He looked a bit like an urban pirate, with a revolver in each hand and a sword within reach. As he stepped forward, his eyes fell on the helmet Leonie was holding. Even without touching it he could feel the malevolence coming from it. It was like the Ring Frodo carried, but less subtle.

Peter knew the Ring lay mildly dormant unless it was actively trying to attract someone; this thing was imbued with the evil of its wearer.

"Um, Leonie," he said cautiously, "you might want to put that down."


Offline Tikkeni

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 139
    • Karma: +4/-0
    • View Profile
Tikky leaned back in Leonie's arms.  "Is it cursed?? It's cursed isn't it!  Don't leave it here, toss it in a deep...cave.  Off a cliff!  And dam it's so cool looking too, I coulda been battlecat!"


Online Aries Jordan

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
    • Posts: 416
    • Karma: +3/-0
    • View Profile
"I was gone five minutes!" Leonie laughed.  "Um, not yet, I'm not sure it's safe..."  She raised an eyebrow at Peter.  "Wow, you look cool too.  You just need a bandana with a bunch of dangly bling."

She banged on the helmet with her knuckles.  "Don't freak out.  Longboat wasn't worried about it."  But she remembered Peter's talent, and she also could see the hobbits peering at her uneasily, Frodo looking especially spooked.  "Okay, okay, I'm putting it down, but don't toss it, okay, I want to check it out."

She set the helmet down on a convenient water barrel.  "Okay, so I need to give the hobbits these pebbles and then they should be on their way ASAP."


Offline Merlin

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 129
    • Karma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Peter looked a little confused at Leonie's compliment, then looked at the pistons and grinned. He set them on a different barrel near him. "Thanks. I can't believe we got off that easily." To Frodo, he said, "You folks can come out now -- but if anything goes south before you head out, get back down here as fast as you can and lock yourselves back in."


Offline Tikkeni

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 139
    • Karma: +4/-0
    • View Profile
"You were gone forever...I can't tell time, and I wasn't able to decide where to hide."  Tikky looks embarrassed as he mumbles the last bit.  But then he perks up, "if you decurse the helmet can you shrink it so I can wear it?  That would be so awesome!"


Offline brucedabold

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 168
    • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Red shrugs at the lack of drinking buddies at the bar, tosses her drink back, and begins to tidy up the barroom. Through a window she notices Rikerg and Longboat lying out on the edge of the grounds. The demoness wonders if she should bring the elf inside. The giant, on the other hand, won't be going anywhere unless it's under his own power. But the night is warm, and there was no indication that anything was untoward.

It would be nice to take Longboat upstairs for a bit. She smiles at the thought. Except that he's obviously exhausted. The elf needs his sleep more than anything else. Red sighs.


Offline cirdanslongboat

  • Jr. Member
  • **
    • Posts: 77
    • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
"Oh, hi Reikerg," the Elf said wearily. "I drifted off, I guess. You know Elves don't sleep. Or perhaps we do when we get old...  ..or spend too much time in an objectivist world." Longboat gazed into the Forest. "This is the path for the little ones to get safely out of the forest. I think the Old Man is on board with their escape, and between him and the pebbles, I am hoping they are at least a little more reinforced for their journey than when they entered the Forest." He kept his hand just outside the Tavern grounds, and slowly tapped and stroked the Earth, sending waves of energy down the path he laid out for the Hobbits, and waves of memories through his brain.

Though it was hard to tell since the remaking of the world, it could well have been near here where the Teleri first swore to forsake the allure of Valinore until they had searched for their beloved King Elwe. Or where Eärendil crossed on his way to the Havens of Sirion. Longboat thought again of Eärendil, and his energy surged once again.


Offline brucedabold

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 168
    • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Slumped against the cool wall of the basement cell, Frodo slips in and out of consciousness. They've been without a full rest for over 24 hours. From the encounter at Bucklebury Ferry to the aimless wanderings in the Old Forest and nearly losing his companions to the current feeling of dread caused by the menacing dark riders. He is completely spent, as are the others.

Now that the riders have left and took their malevolent presence with them, Frodo drops off to a long needed rest on the padded bench.

Sam looks at Peter. "We are all so very tired. We've been on the run since yesterday. Please don't kick us out. We just can't keep on like this any further."


Offline Merlin

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 129
    • Karma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Peter felt like a heel, falling into the anxiety caused by the Nazgul instead of considering the conditions and needs of the innocent hobbits. "Forgive me," he said. "That was inconsiderate of me. Please, come with me -- there are a couple of empty bedrooms down here that are clean and safe. Let me show you to one."

He looked at Leonie as he backed away from the cell to let the halflings out. "You haven't been down here before, have you? There's the wine cellar you passed to get here," he pointed to his left, then straight ahead, "Those stairs lead up to the kitchen. A Dark Garden, a Billiard Room, lots of neatness."

To the hobbits, "Did you get enough to eat earlier? Can we bring you something?"