Visionary Tales
If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

(M) The Sliding Tavern

brucedabold · 1149 · 36862

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
Rikerg was still thinking about his new living situation, as it was the demon's home, and if she didn't want him living inside of it he wouldn't force his way in. He was feeling frustrated about it, but was eased a bit as Longboat came and sat next to him even though the elf was non-responsive. He reached out his arm to wrap around the tired elf to try and pull him closer next to him. When Leonie came with a strange smelling drink, he didn't growl at her but he glowered at the human. 

Offline Tikkeni

• View Profile
Tikky arched his back at each stroke and let out a happy chirrup.  Not interesting in going back out he followed Peter into the kitchen, always up for more food.  "Hey Reggie!"  He greeted and he rubbed against him briefly as they headed into the kitchen.

Offline brucedabold

• View Profile
Red mentally sighed. It has been several days by her reckoning since she had any fun. The dark elf would have been a nice oasis to that dry spell.

"Well, I'll let you get some rest then."

The demoness headed on down the stairs and glanced into the bar. Seeing Peter and the cat and dog she sauntered in. "Hey Peter. All good?"

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
Peter was standing at the kitchen door, about to enter, when he heard Red's voice and turned with his back to the door to keep it open. He let a sunny smile touch his lips. "Hi, Red," he said. "Fine as frog hair. I was thinking I'd make us all some pork tenderloin. What do you think?"

Reggie grinned, his tongue lolling and his eyes sparkling. **Hiya, Tikk! Pete's gonna feed me! Right, Peter? Right? I've been waiting foreeeeeeeeeeeever!!!**
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 09:30:34 PM by Merlin »

Offline Aisling

• Aisling: pronounced ASH-ling
    • View Profile
Aisling suspected that she could not depend upon the hallways and rooms to remain stable.  The fae world was even less reliable, with the added intent of various magic-makers who would install traps and mirages meant to confound.  Still, she now felt more sure she knew the basic layout and where exits and stairways and hideaways might be found.  To be safe, she would probably tend to remain in the rooms on the ground floor, however. 

She looked around the cellars, too.  Now that she had been invited (to some extent) to be more of a resident, she felt perfectly free to wander. 

She passed through the tap room.  There did not seem to be much going on, so she went back up to the room she had chosen.  She started running a bath.  Although she didn't need baths for cleanliness, she still enjoyed them when she could take them, and it had been too long since she'd had a proper one.  The swim in the sea had been enjoyable, but not quite the same.  Thankfully, the Tavern had a water system.  The bath filled quickly, and the water temperature was easy to set.  She carefully stripped out of her clothes and shook them out.  Her clothing did not require washing.  Shaking them out would get rid of any last bits of dirt and dust that might be stuck in creases. 

She sunk into the bath, which was large enough for her to slide down and completely submerge herself.  She let herself relax, her nose just above the water.  The pipes carried noises to her from the rest of the Tavern, but things remained quiet enough for a decently long soaking.

When she was done, she found a bathsheet to wind around her and carried her clothes back to her bedroom.  She might as well lie down while she could.  Fae didn't have to sleep, but like baths... lying down in a bed could be a pleasure. 

She turned the latch on the door and lay down.

Offline Tikkeni

• View Profile
"It has been awhile since you last ate, hasn't it?"  She aske Reggie.  "We seem to keep getting interrupted," he mused.

Offline brucedabold

• View Profile
"Certainly, that would be lovely," replied Red. "I'm always up for some tender... loin." She eyed Peter up and down.

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
**Oh, you have no idea** Reggie said to Sir Tikk. **I swear I'm feeling faint!**

Peter chuckled at Red. "Don't I know it," he said. "I walked right into that one, didn't I?"

Offline brucedabold

• View Profile
The RxNXS was designed to search, rescue, stabilize, and retrieve (SRSR) injured persons caught in dangerous situations that can occur during natural disasters and civil mayhem, as well as on the battlefield. With its array of sensors it can detect persons trapped under debris, behind walls, or underwater. RxNXS looks a bit like a walking camping cot when fully deployed, using six legs and two points of articulation to quickly move about. When not in use, the smartbot folds itself into a briefcase-sized box. In addition to advanced searching protocols, the RxNXS can act as an on-call medic for teams up to six who carry its detachable flashlight monitors to provide a constant feed of information back to the smartbot. Using the latest in Quasar proton-proton exchange energy storage, the RxNXS can last up to 3 days of active use, and ten years in dormancy, before needing a new Quasar replacement.

Log activated: a1349:045.20
Alert: Status Code: TwIu: ID: 2: Low Body Temperature: 34.2
Alert: Status Code: TwIu: ID: 3: Low Body Temperature: 34.0
Alert: Status Code: TwIu: ID: 4: Low Body Temperature: 33.9
Protocol PuMn: Retrieve Mode Activated
Logic Strategy HiPo: FIFO: ID: 4

Suddenly, near Red, Peter, and the two animals, one of the cupboard doors under the bar counter bangs open. A flat black box falls out onto the floor. Two red lights flash on its surface and a weird gibberish voice broadcasts something repeatedly. It begins to unfold. Legs sprout and lengthen with various whirring and clicks.

Red steps back protectively in front of Peter. "Oh my. Stay back. I think it wants its bright lights back."

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
Reggie began to bark in surprised alarm, as Peter stared at the strange thing over Red's shoulder. "Red, what is that? Should we be worried?"

Offline Aisling

• View Profile
Aisling could perceive the dog's sharp barks all the way up in her tower room.  She had very acute hearing and remained on alert for anything alarming, and there was definitely an element to the distant sound that sounded frightened.

She got dressed and cautiously went downstairs.

Offline cirdanslongboat

• View Profile
Longboat slowly raised an eyelid as he felt the tension of Reikerg's glower.

"I sure wish you two understood each other better," he said as he squeezed Reikerg's arm back (or as much as he could of the large arm). Then he smiled at Leonie and reached out for the glass. "You are most kind and thoughtful. A refreshing libation will keep me going until we slide...  Though adding this classic staple of an old school tap room may induce a maudlin soliloquy when added to the sights, sounds, and especially smells of these woods."

He took a small sip, then rested his hand with the glass on the ground next to where he sat.

Offline brucedabold

• View Profile
"I never worry," replied Red.

The thing continued to quickly unfold, then scurried towards the front door like a giant cockroach.

"The person who gave me that just showed me how it came with six little bright lights. I gave four of them to the hobbits."

The RxNXS ran out a telescoping arm to the door latch, clicked it, and pulled it open. It then moved out onto the porch. Stopping for a moment, its twin whiskers orienting on the signals.

Alert: Status Code: TwIu: ID: 1: Low Body Temperature: 34.5
Logic Strategy JeWv: No Change to Action Grid
Logic Strategy HiPo: FIFO: ID: 4
Signal Lock: 34.567
ToT: 20 min
Confidency: 11%

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
Peter stepped around Red, watching the device head for the door and out onto the porch. The repeated message was starting to make some sense to him. "I think something's happening to the hobbits," he said anxiously. "Should we go after them?"

Offline Aisling

• View Profile
Aisling watched the Demoness and the human as they looked at something going out the Tavern's door.

So... no immediate cause for concern.  But still, something strange enough.  Although strangeness seemed to be common enough with the Tavern.