Visionary Tales
If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

(M) The Sliding Tavern

brucedabold · 1149 · 36877

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Aries Jordan

  • Hero Member
  • *****
    • Posts: 508
    • Karma: +6/-0
    • View Profile
"I understand he tried to kill me," Leonie said.  "But a lot of things don't like Magicians, it seems to come with the diploma.  Though I don't have mine yet."

Predictably, she melted into googly-eyed delight at Longboat's appreciation and sat down on the other side of him from Rikerg.  "I'm up for listening to a maudlin soliloquy.  Which elf --"  She blushed a little.  "This is a stupid question.  But, um.  Were you in the books?"  She couldn't remember an elf in the Silmarillion or anywhere else named anything that would translate as "Longboat."

Of course, they couldn't POSSIBLY get in a little personal time and conversation, she thought a second later as a large robot, like a cross between a stretcher and a cockroach, scuttled out onto the porch.  "Okay, what is that thing?"


Offline Tikkeni

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 197
    • Karma: +6/-0
    • View Profile
Tikky quickly spun around to get behind Red as well when the...thing...appeared.  When it left he followed cautiously, curios to see where it was going, stopping slightly behind Leonie.


Online brucedabold

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 228
    • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
"Yes," replied Red to Peter as she headed after the strange device. "But no more than 15 minutes away or we risk being stunk in Longboat's world."


Offline Merlin

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 190
    • Karma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
"Wouldn't want that," Peter said, as he retrieved his weapons and headed after Red. "No matter how much fun the books are!"

**Aw, man!** Reggie whined, scampering after Peter. **I am totally  totally TOTALLY gonna starve to death!**


Offline Tikkeni

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 197
    • Karma: +6/-0
    • View Profile
"I think Red said the short guys are in trouble and it's headed to them?  And poor Reggie and I are gonna starve if we aren't fed soon..."  Tikky sat and adopted the big wet eyed look all pets seem to have down pat.  "But I guess the shorties should be checked first...."


Offline Aisling

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 151
    • Karma: +2/-0
  • Aisling: pronounced ASH-ling
    • View Profile
Aisling glanced quickly around the taproom and saw nothing out of order.  She could hear distant voices outside, not particularly alarmed, but still rather loud.


Offline EvilCopepod

  • Hero Member
  • *****
    • Posts: 572
    • Karma: +9/-0
    • View Profile
His statement about them understanding each other more confused him. Leonie was a human, after all, understanding others would not come easy for her.

"And why" Rikerg said to the woman, still leering at her, "do you think that magicians are disliked?"

However, he did not try to make Leonie move away when she sat down on the opposite side. He had thought the humans were simply speaking nonsense, but he was able to figure out something from what she was asking.

"Are there tales written of you?" He asked, finding it odd that it was written in a way that humans could read it.

He was surprised by the thing that came out of the Tavern, staring and trying to figure out what it was. He wasn't very concerned about it since it originated from the Tavern.


Online brucedabold

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 228
    • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Humidity: 83%
Temperature: 26.5
Light Intensity: 0.3
Enviro Committee: JuMi: Night
System: Lights: Front: On
Enviro Committee: OmPw: Open Forest
Alert: Status Code: TwIu: ID: 1: Low Body Temperature: 34.0
Alert: Status Code: TwIu: ID: 2: Low Body Temperature: 33.8
Alert: Status Code: TwIu: ID: 3: Low Body Temperature: 33.9
Alert: Status Code: TwIu: ID: 4: Low Body Temperature: 33.2
Logic Strategy JeWv: No Change to Action Grid
Logic Strategy HiPo: FIFO: ID: 4
Signal Lock: 34.564
ToT: 19 min
Confidency: 13%


The red lights on the front of the RxNXS turn into bright white headlights and it then quickly moves down the front steps and across the lawn.

"Guys," Red addresses the porch group as she steps out, "I think that thing is going after the hobbits because it thinks they are in distress... or maybe just to get its lights back."

"Either way I think I'm going to follow."


Offline Merlin

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 190
    • Karma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
"Us too," Peter said, indicating Reggie as he buckled on his gun belt and threw the sword belt around his shoulders to hang at his back. He had a heavy police-style flashlight in his hand that, when he turned it on, it flooded the area with white light. A moment later the light dimmed as he screwed a filter to the front of it.

**Did my stomach just growl?** Reggie muttered.


Offline Tikkeni

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 197
    • Karma: +6/-0
    • View Profile
"I heard it!"  Tikky confirms to Reggie, brushing against his side.  "Guess I'm going too...."  He laments, eyeing Leonie.


Offline Merlin

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 190
    • Karma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
Reggie looked at Tikk in surprise. **You are one weird puss** he chuckled. **Most cats I've met prefer to wait by the fire**


Offline Aisling

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 151
    • Karma: +2/-0
  • Aisling: pronounced ASH-ling
    • View Profile
Aisling has no trouble following after the group heading into the woods. 

She would prefer to stick to wherever the Demoness is, and hopes that will keep her from being left behind by the Tavern.  She doesn't care so much about the fate of the small folks, but is curious about why these others are interested.  And she might as well be useful, if she can, as she is making the Tavern her temporary home.


Offline Tikkeni

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 197
    • Karma: +6/-0
    • View Profile
"Well," starts Tikky.  "Without thumbs she's my food source.   I mean sure I could" here Tikky pauses to shudder dramatically, "hunt and....kill things.  But I'm a bit squeamish about the whole hearing them scream and plead for their life bit never mind how it feels all furry in your mouth.   No thanks!"


Offline Aries Jordan

  • Hero Member
  • *****
    • Posts: 508
    • Karma: +6/-0
    • View Profile
Leonie wavered, tired of being interrupted every time she tried to talk to Longboat, but when little Sir Tikky decided to go she swore and got up and went after them.  "It wasn't even five minutes.  What could have gotten them that fast?"


Offline Aisling

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Posts: 151
    • Karma: +2/-0
  • Aisling: pronounced ASH-ling
    • View Profile
Aisling followed at a slight distance.  It was easy as the group made enough noise to drown out the sounds of clicking insects and rustling mice.  They also followed an open path that was easy to see even without moonlight. 

Something fairly large had pushed its way through the occasional undergrowth, judging by the broken twigs.  She was no great tracker, but she'd have to be blind to miss that. 

No one seemed that alarmed, from the tone of the voices she could hear.  All in all, it was a rather pleasant night-time stroll, Aisling thought.  It was nice to stretch her legs a little after her brief, but satisfying rest.