Visionary Tales
If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

(M) The Sliding Tavern

Merlin and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline brucedabold

• View Profile
Temperature: 12.2
Light Intensity: 0.01
Enviro Committee: JuKp: Dark
System: Lights: Front: On
Enviro Committee: LiNw: Inside
Alert: Status Code: TwIu: ID: 1: Low Body Temperature: 32.0
Alert: Status Code: TwIu: ID: 2: Low Body Temperature: 31.8
Alert: Status Code: TwIu: ID: 3: Low Body Temperature: 30.9
Alert: Status Code: TwIu: ID: 4: Low Body Temperature: 29.2
Logic Strategy JeWv: No Change to Action Grid
Logic Strategy HiPo: FIFO: ID: 4
Signal Lock: 34.564
ToT: 1 min
Confidency: 75%

After the canine climbed over the bot, the RxNXS found the passage blocked by a feline. It raised itself up on its six legs and moved above and over the cat.

Offline Tikkeni

• View Profile
Tikky squeaks uncomfortably as the bot passes over him.  Now he has to decide whether to continue up...where the scary ghosts are or down...where the spooky bot is headed.  Another brief hesitation and he squishes himself into yet another u-turn deciding against the scary ass ghosts and follows the bot to the bottom.

Offline brucedabold

• View Profile
Red spins about on her perch at the top of the barrow, sending out waves of heat and flame. It drive back the cold and fog. The wraiths scream and swoop, keeping away from the flame but like angry buzzards not leaving.

RxNXS quickly descends the ramped passage to the tomb. It is unnaturally cold here, but which has no effect on the bot. It immediately heads over to Sam, known to it only as ID: 4. It straddles the hobbit as sensors activate.

Alert: Status Code: MoNi: ID: 4 : Found
iCAT Scan: ViOo: Initiated

Offline Tikkeni

• View Profile
Tikky pops out shortly behind the bot, eyeing it as it straddles the hobbit.  Hanging back he watches it both curiously and cautiously with an occasional shiver.

Offline brucedabold

• View Profile
Aisling's shadow arrow impales one of the wraiths directly in an eye socket. It screams horribly and claws at its face before disappearing in a burst of wind.

Online Merlin

• View Profile
When the wraith suddenly screamed, clawed at its face and vanished, Peter gasped and wrapped his arms around Leonie's leg. It took him a moment to get it together, then he released Leonie and stood. "Sorry," he said, brushing himself off. "What do you think did that?"

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
"It is not alive." Rikerg said, mostly to himself, as he had never seen a machine that could move and make sound like it. He could see why people treated it as alive, but even though it had been warm and put off a noticeable scent before, it was now cold and unmoving. He could detect no breath or even heartbeat from it.

"That is not fair." Rikerg complained with an annoyed growl. "Why should we have to change only because we are more capable of it?" He believed that they were able to adjust their attitudes more easily, but he did not want to, especially since he was sure the effort wouldn't be returned.

"I can get along with them fine during a fight." Which, to him, meant not attacking them himself. "But I do not see how the humans could coordinate with me. I can defend myself without their aid." When the other said he hoped he would stay, he flushed a bit, "I do not... know where any of the places we are exist in regards to my own home. I do not expect to be leaving soon." He didn't quite understand what he meant of Leonie's people, but if they were anything like the humans he knew, it was normal not to understand how they thought.

"We would need to explain it to the humans before we started as well." he said, digging and clawing at hay in order to form somewhat of a nest before he slumped down in it. "They would attack me if they saw us sparring without being told beforehand."

Offline Aries Jordan

• View Profile
It looked as though Red had things under control, keeping the wraiths at bay while the robot went in for the halflings.  Leonie was worried about Tikky.  If he came out, he might get fried, but if he stayed down there, a wight might get him.  But she couldn't think how to help, so she stayed with Peter.

"I don't know, hang on."  She cast a quick Mann Reveal and peered through the window made by her thumbs and index fingers.  Nothing was there, but she added a temporal component and was able to look back in time a few seconds, spotting the wraith with a spectral arrow stuck in its eye socket.  "I think Aisling did that.  I think WE ought to be backing away slowly."

Online Merlin

• View Profile
"I'm glad she's on our side," Peter said of Aisling, "At least for now." He looked at Leonie. "Backing away slowly -- definitely a good idea." He began inching back from the barrow and the flaming pillar of Red.

Reggie stood his ground, watching the mouth of the tunnel intently. **I can't believe Sir Tikk went back in there. Tikk, can you hear me?**

Offline Aisling

• Aisling: pronounced ASH-ling
    • View Profile
Aisling was actually surprised that the arrow had any affect at all.  She supposed the shadows she danced through were somehow more related to these spirits than the undead riders.

She looked for another target, making sure none of the living were in the line of fire.

Offline Tikkeni

• View Profile
Sir Tikk jumped, and let out an un-cat like meep when Reggie's thoughts touch his.  **Uhm...yeah.  Can you hear me?  This is cool...**  Eyeing the bot he inches close enough to jump on an adjoining hobbit's slab to watch more closely.  And huddle against the hobbit for non existent warmth.  I mean he wasn't freezing but a cat has to keep themselves hot.

Online Merlin

• View Profile
**If you're safe, you might want to stay there for now** Reggie responded, staying close to Peter's ankles. **We're up to our necks in ghosts and fire**

Offline Tikkeni

• View Profile
**FIRE??WHAT??!  Is Leonie alright??"  Sir Tikk asked anxiously as he got more comfortable against the hobbitt's side, still watching the bot.

Online Merlin

• View Profile

Offline Tikkeni

• View Profile
**Thank you,**  Sir Tikk responded relaxing just a bit more.