Visionary Tales
If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

(M) The Sliding Tavern

brucedabold · 1213 · 39609

Merlin and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline brucedabold

• View Profile
Red steps back and swoops her arm to indicate another set of double-doors. A few large steps rise up to it. She goes over and turns the huge knob with both hands like a small child.

The door opens to the sitting room, a vaulted space within the tavern with tall bookshelves, a small fireplace, and furniture suitable for lounging. And within sight is a huge mustard yellow high wingback chair big enough for Rikerg to sit in.

The demoness smiles at the giant. "This is your home now, Rikerg, if you so desire."

Offline brucedabold

• View Profile
Roy nods to Leonie's last question, but then adds his own. "Am I correct in assuming this procedure is something that can be done in hours as opposed to days?"

Pris has found the espresso machine and is busy puzzling it out.

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
"I do. I have... never received anything like this..." He didn't know exactly how to describe or handle the feelings he was having at the moment. "I should dry off first." Rikerg said as he was dripping water on the floor. He didn't want to mess anything up by getting it wet, and even though he was eager to look at everything there was, he was a bit too overwhelmed at the moment.

Offline Aries Jordan

• View Profile
"Uh... yes!" Leonie said, after peering uncertainly at her notes.  "But I will need to find a leyline first.  The ambient magic on this planet is absurdly low."

Offline Tikkeni

• View Profile
Sir Tikk snorted as the conversation flowed.  At the mention of a leyline he peeked open one eye.  "One thataway, bout...2 miles?  Giveortake."  He mumbled, using a twitch of his back foot to point.

Offline brucedabold

• View Profile
Red steps over next to the sunken bath and grabs a large cotton towel off a wall hook. Quickly heating it to straight-out-of-the-dryer warm, she starts toweling off Rikerg.

Online Merlin

• View Profile
Peter stretched his back as he watched the people zip by through the rain, illuminated by neon lights. Reggie hopped up on the bench and curled up, but he was wide awake, alert and on guard.

**Sir Tikk got bacon** Reggie muttered again.

Peter sighed.

Offline Aisling

• Aisling: pronounced ASH-ling
    • View Profile
Humans needed such strange things to do magic, Aisling thought.

She continued to softly move her hand through the cat's warm fur.  She'd thought he was asleep, but he was obviously listening, and even knew where a leyline might be.  Aisling supposed that was a useful skill for a familiar.

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
Rikerg had intended to shake himself off on the deck and wait under cover for the rest of himself to dry off slowly. So he was further surprised when she started to towel him off after warming the cloth.

"Thank you." He said again, crouching down a bit while realizing in this part of the Tavern, he didn't need to do so because of the higher ceiling.

Offline Aries Jordan

• View Profile
Leonie forgot about the distractingly gorgeous Nexus Six in front of her.  "Oh, Tikky!" she exclaimed.  "You can detect leylines?  How clever you are!" 

She began gathering her things together.  "If Tikky can find it for us, we'd better scout it out," she told Roy.  "We'll need to find some private space in close proximity to the line where we won't be disturbed.  This doesn't look like a neighborhood that takes kindly to dweomorcraft.  And I need to grab some stuff from my car. 

"Hey, can I drive a '65 Mustang here, or will people be freaked out?" she added, struck by the thought.  "Why walk two miles through the rain if we don't have to?"

Offline Tikkeni

• View Profile
Sir Tikk half opens one eye and mumbles "Yup, I'm da bestest!"

Offline brucedabold

• View Profile
"Why don't you take off your clothes?" Asks Red as she pads down Rikerg. "I can quick-dry them for you."

Offline brucedabold

• View Profile
Roy looks over at the cat and then back to Leonie. "Layline? Are you referring to a powerline?" Then, to the last question, "If it's a spinner it will need to be registered. A grounded vehicle can get by without one, usually."

Pris has finished making an espresso and heads over to squat next to the cat and Aisling. "Kitty kitty." She cups the small drink in both hands.

Offline Tikkeni

• View Profile
"oh, what's that?"  Tikky grunts as he wiggles to roll over and check out the drink in Pris's hands.

Offline Aisling

• Aisling: pronounced ASH-ling
    • View Profile
Aisling gives the cat a few last scritches as he rolls over and takes her hand back.

She continues looking out the window.

It sounds as if the young mage is planning an expedition in her metal carriage.  Nothing about that appeals to Aisling.