Visionary Tales
If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.UPDATE!! 5/16/19: Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

Once (m)ore around the sun (continued): CommanderOri & Naisiskhrae.

Offline Naisiskhrae

• View Profile
Etlaayz nodded (internally) as she replied to Zhar's comment about vastness, '<Etlaayz>it is quite a bit larger than ours - quite a bit.' It was the darkness she was afraid of. Being one that feeds on both Light and Dark, the absence of either meant she had no sustenance. With Leridium she could generate Light from Dark or Dark from Light, but she needed one or the other. Here, there were vast areas of neither, her worst fear.

Chii needed to get her mind onto something else, so when Zhar mentioned how they reproduced, she focused on that. '<Etlaayz>Your's sounds - reasonable. We might have complected ours more than it needed to be. Since we do not have a form - well - we do have a form, just, do not know what it is. We came into being on the surface of our Sun's event-horizon. We need the Kavnaii - Mikal species - to realize our physical form. I am a Skywraith, but, until I merged with him, I had no idea what that meant. It is believed that for every Synteaa - my species - there is a Kavnaii. Two half souls searching to become whole.'

'<Mikal>Good! If it starts transmitting tachyons, destroy it immediately! You can detect tachyons?' Mikal could only hope they could. '<Mikal>That would mean he was close enough to transmit a data request. I do not want him to find you. He has weapons and his ship is about the size of yours.' Mikal felt bad about his new friends. He knew just how vicious Lochasaii could be. That is when Etlaayz piped up '<Etlaayz>I do not think he would do anything yet. He has not been here long enough to set up a base. He would not want to reveal his presence too soon.' Mikal nodded relieved.

Mikal looked at the map, '<Mikal>They are both the same scale, spatially. Temporally, that might be a problem. We found out for every cycle we had an equivalent of about 162.11765047234 cycles of time passed here.' It was nowhere as accurate as he would like, but, no one knew the exact value.

Both were puzzled by Zhar's comment on anti-light. Listening to her, they realize concepts they took for granted might not be the same here. Etlaays pondered it some before replying, '<Etlaayz>I might not be the best at answering this, but, anti-light are photons with inverted characteristics, similar to anti-matter. That 'Event-horizon' I spoke of led into, what we called, The Void. At first, we thought it was a nothingness, later we learned it was truly everything. For every property that existed in the Void, there was an inverse property that canceled it out.' Chii shrugged mentally, '<Etlaayz>I hope that makes some sense. I had a hard time with it as well. So, any light source would do.'

Chii chuckled, '<Etlaayz>I am not that big, even with my wings and tail. We could easily make the change here. But, we might want to find a more private place. I have no need of clothing, but, he has this - thing - about nudity.' Mikal blushed and looked away. '<Etlaayz>I am quite a bit larger than he is, so he would have to strip down to a special pair of underwear we use. Also, I do look quite intimidating and I do not want to frighten any of your crew.'

Once More Around the Sun: with Ori and Mikal (me).
A Nightmare's Dream: with Beastblood (readlliea) and Naisis (me)

Offline Naisiskhrae

• View Profile
(Originally posted by CommandorOri)

If just looking out the window in one tiny system made them feel like that, Zhar couldn't help but be a little worried by what they might think when they got to astrometrics. Being told the size of the universe was one thing, but understanding it was another entirely. Still, that would be a bridge to cross when they get there. The talk of their species merging does pique hir interest though, Zhar listening intently as they explain it. "That isss fassscinating. Are there any adverse effectsss from it, dear? Having or not having, either?"

Starting to answer his comment about the pod, Zhar makes a sharp, surprised noise as a hologram pops into existence next to hir without warning, giving Mikhal a flat look. It's like a kin, only lacking any of the fine details you'd see on a living one besides eyes and the mouth. Also it seems to be able to speak telepathically as well, though unlike Zhar who is warm and curious it just feels.... big, and like a huge shadow but with nothing casting it. <paol>"Can I detect tachyons, bah. Of course I can. If you're worried though, I've brought the layered shields up and we will be cloaking as soon as we are outside of the asteroid field, and your friend can go search his own backside for all the good it'll do once we enter foldspace."

Considering they didn't dane to introduce themselves, Zhar clears hir throat a little to get the hologram and Mikhal's attention back on hir. <Zhar>"Ah... This is Paol dear. The ship's crystalline intelligence.Don't mind them being a bit cross, their ship's are not very fond of other species. They won't let any harm come to them though." Nodding slightly at the explanation of timescales, Zhar holds a hand up for them to stop. "Wait until they get to astrometrics dear. Paol can run a comparative from there and get a better idea of how things go."

Walking over to the door, Zhar waits for it to open and smiles at Mikhal, waiting patiently for him to come with her and listening to Etlaaz speak. <Zhar> That... doesss not make senssse to hir, bu- Cut off in the middle of speaking, Paol, who has followed them interrupts their words. <paol>No, hold on. Antiphotons exist, but that's just a photon. They're neutral. Photon-antiphoton annhilation produces electrons and positrons though, are you telling me you need to create antimatter for food? I will be *extremely* cross if you damage my hull.

Waving a hand at paol, Zhar just gives the hologram a glare as it complains, nodding at Etlaayz's other concern and smiling slightly. "Oh, don't worry about that dear. Hir crew is used to large creatures. They don't care about them being clothed either, ssshi only asked hir crew to put their armor on out of deference for them. But, as shi said, astrometrics ssshould be fine for that asss well."
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 02:33:27 AM by Naisiskhrae »

Offline Naisiskhrae

• View Profile
Etlaayz kind of winced inside '<Etlaayz>That depends on when a pair is merged. Most are merged very early in life before any real personalities are formed. We were merged very late in life and already had some definite personality traits. One being we did not want to be merged. It was forced on us.' She did not go into any details on their relationship in the early years. Knowing they, more or less, hated each other would not sound good to their new friends.

Both were startled as another 'being' seemed to appear out of nowhere. Which, also, seemed to startle Zhar as well. As they listened to him/her/it (it was heard to determine their gender), Mikal began to suspect it might be a CI (constructed intelligence), possibly for the ship. That was something Mikal could relate to, since it was one of his major functions to construct CI's such as the one in his notebook computer and the massive CI that run the equally massive starship - Pa'etanzia.

It was not long until Zhar confirmed what Mikal had suspected. It, also, explained the massive, albeit, somewhat, emotionless feeling it projected.

'<Mikal>Good - um - day (he, really, had no idea what time it was here or just how time was measured), Paol. I did not mean to be insulting. I am still quite new here.' He grinned apologetically. That was until Paol mentioned 'foldspace'. Since they had no concept of it, the impression/translation was very vague. All they had was a word that had no meaning - at least - not one they could understand.

'<Mikal>Ah, I am glad to know.' Turning back to Paol, '<Mikal>We will try and be as carful and have as minimal impact as we can.' Turning back to Zhar, he asked, '<Mikal>Um what is this - foldspace?' He tried repeating it as well as he could and hoped it would workout in the translation.

Mikal followed after Zhar, but, when Paol cut in describing their anti-light, Etlaayz became very concerned. Mikal responded to Paol's remark about using anti-matter while his mind, seemingly, was elsewhere. '<Mikal>No. We will only need Dark. Etlaayz, what is the matter?'

This 'astrometrics' was another concept that did not translate well.

'<Etlaayz> I have been sensing something odd about the light here. I thought it might have been due to how it was generated... Zhar is the way to this astrometrics on the way to that window we saw earlier or any other window?'

Offline Naisiskhrae

• View Profile

Tilting hir head slightly as the two of them explain the merging, Zhar gets a soft frown on hir face as they speak. The implications of what they said were not lost on hir, and given what they had said before shi suspected it was the 'enemy' that might show up sometime soon. "Ssshi ssseesss. Zhar isss aware that nonpsssionic ssspeciesss tend to have.... erm... isssuesss with other beingsss in their mindsss. Sssi thinksss that mussst have been very tough for them."

As Mikal speaks Paol just gives him this really flat look, a sharp glance from Zhar the only thing keeping them from mouthing off at them again. <paol> "I am the ship. I picked you up, so I am well aware of your present timespan. " Sighing slightly, Zhar just shakes hir head at Poal before shi is addressed, making a questioning noise. <Z> "Foldssspace, dear? Oh... ssshi sssupposssesss if hisss universsse isss asss sssmall asss they sssaid, hisss people wouldn't have developed that sssort of technology. 'foldssspace' isss a reference to their GATE systemsss, Gravitic Accelerated Transitional Entrance. It isss a system that allowsss the ssshipsss to generate an artificial wormhole to travel vassst dissstancesss in the blink of an eye. And when ssshi sssaysss vassst, ssshi isss talking thousssandsss if not million light yearsss. They alssso have a....erm... 'compression' drive for lack of a better word, which bendsss ssspace around the ship to allow it to move fassster than the ssspeed of light. They mossstly ussse it for getting around within a ssstar sssysstem sssince the main drive would be inefficient to charge and jump such a short dissstance.

As they walk Zhar can't help but feel the concern building within their guests, sort of sideways eyeing them but not wanting to press them too hard. "Well, Ssshi doesss not know what they mean when they sssay 'dark' then, dear. They may not be able to provide it unlesss they can give a material makeup." Their comment about something being wrong with the light just makes hir frown deepen, not liking the implications of that. Turning, Zhar changes their path a bit in order to bring them to a different but no less open window in the side of the ship.

Stopping once they approach, shi sets a hand on the reinforced crystal, small sparklies running through it as the ship suddenly turns and brings the sun into view. Around it the window polarizes itself so noone could be injured by staring straight it it, but still giving a good view of space. "The light on the ssship isss made by the lightsss embedded in the corridorsss and wallsss dear. Sssome kind of harmlesss, flouressscent gasss. Not know exactly what. Asss for outssside the ssship, it isss lit by the sssun." Shi points through the window at the big firey ball outside, not certain if he would know what that meant either. "Sssmall ssstar in thisss sssyssstem, which are... esssentially gravity powered fusssion reactorsss if he isss not familiar with them."
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 02:34:21 AM by Naisiskhrae »

Offline Naisiskhrae

• View Profile
'<Etlaayz>It happened really suddenly. Once done we had no choice but to stay together. We did learn to - adapt.'

Although they acknowledged Poal remark, the decided not to respond.

As Zhar explained foldspace and how they get around, he nodded understanding quite a bit of it Although the concept of thousands or millions of light-years was mind boggling. He did have an understanding of what a 'light-year' was, but, with all the differences they have been seeing between their universes, it, probably, was not the same.

'<Mikal>It sound quite a bit like our Phlex drive we used to get here. Probably based on similar principals. Can you travel to other universes? I just know about it from others. There was one in the canister that brought us here, but, it is, most likely, destroyed. Lochasaii would not like anyone else having that ability or knowledge.'

'<Etlaayz>I do use a form of phased-gravity to travel long distances.' Chii paused concerned, '<Etlaayz>I hope that still works.'

Mikal smiled at Zhar's comment about Dark. It very well could be a aspect only to their universe. '<Mikal>We have the means to generate that.' With that he pulled up a leather cord is a blush-white disk, with a rhomboid cube shaped bump in the center.

The followed Zhar as shi led them to another window in a different part of the ship, which moved so they could see the sun.

He smiles as shi explained how they generate their light and what the sun was. Although, a there were differences, there were similarities as well. Still, this universe will require some getting use to. But, they had better adapt, for it was now their home.

Mikal walked up and pressed his hand on the window, '<Etlaayz>Bring my claw to the serface.'

Mikal pulled his hand back and flexed it some. A light shade of blue goo seemed to boil out of his hand and engulf it. It, soon, crystalized into a five fingered claw with golden talons, of the same translucent crystal. It was such that you could not tell where the flesh ended and the crystal began. Chii spread out her fingers as he pressed their hands on the window.

'<Mikal>Well?'

'<Etlaayz>It is not toxic, just - different. We will have to see what Dark is like before I can tell.'

'<Mikal>We knew there would be differences, but, I doubt they will be deadly. The Nameless-One would not bring us here to die.'

Mikal turned to Zhar, '<Mikal>Might as well continue on to this astrometrics.' Bowing some, '<Mikal>We thank you for your hospitality.'

Pausing he thought some, '<Mikal>Do you have the means of teaching us one of the languages here. As I understand it, telepathy is not all that common.'

Offline Naisiskhrae

• View Profile

<Z> Ssshi.... ssseesss. Zhar didn't really know what to say to something like that. As much as Kin are in each other's heads compared to other species, they didn't really having anything that was even close to similar. Well.... Itsss good that they get along now, yesss?

Giving him a funny look as he mentions the phlex drive, Zhar thinks for a moment then shakes hir head, ears dropping to the side a bit. No... At leassst, not like they ssseem to mean. Or at the very leassst, Paol can't. Maybe a peacekeeper dreadnought or a city could open that kind of gate, but not a sssmall ship like hir'sss. And it mussst have been, Alssshka didn't mention anything about a drive sssyssstem on their pod." Perking hir ears back up a bit at the mention of Etlaayz being able to travel so. By... themssselvesss, or within a vessel dear? And if your power sssyssstemsss ssstill work, then it ssshould."

Eyeing the disk, Zhar just makes a soft 'huh' noise in response, still having no idea what exactly this dark and light stuff they were talking about was. When the claw sudden bubbles to the surface however, Zhar jumps a little and stares, fascinated. That... looksss like sssinging cryssstal. Fassscinating. You two are a very interesssting creature.

Smiling and giving a soft nod in response to their thanks, Zhar doesn't reply aloud but they can feel a polite acknowledgement nonetheless as shi resumes walking down the hallway, a medium sized door sliding open shortly before they reach it to admit entrance. Like most of the other rooms it's fairly large, perhaps giving the impression that kin might be a bit claustrophobic, with a terminal in the middle and a number of spacebeanbags laying around the room. As they enter, there is a soft humming and a huge blue hologram fills the center of the room, showing the star system they are in down to nearly microscopic detail. Turning to gesture them into the room, Zhar thinks on his request for a moment before nodding slightly. Well... All Kin are telepathic ssso it doesssn't matter while they are here, but yesss. They could teach you a common language for this region, much in the sssame way they could learn yoursss, given half an hour or ssso. Zhar doesss not have time for that, Ssshi isss the captain of the ssship after all, however Alssshka will join them ssshortly when their pod hasss been disssposssed of. They are able to do ssso asss well."

Walking up to the terminal in the center of the room, Zhar sets a hand on the only physical control panel and dozens of holographic screens pop up, most of them displaying information about the star system in the flowing script kin use. A couple appear to be sensor systems, sweeping slowly across the system as Paol finishes collecting material and gets the ship ready to leave. "If they want to bring their hologram of the system up again, along with measssurement ssscalesss, Paol can run a comparissson between them."
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 02:34:59 AM by Naisiskhrae »

Offline Naisiskhrae

• View Profile
'<Etlaayz>True. We have learned to work as one, although, we do have our days. Neither of us wanted to become Simkii', but the Two had other plans.' That last part was with some bitterness.

'<Mikal internally>Also true, but, had they not, I would not have met you. Although, to be honest, I think she had more to do about it than he did.'

Mikal saw the look in her eyes, as well as, the droop in her ears as she explained that they did not have anything like that, at least, not on Paol. Although, some of the larger vessels might.

Etlaayz just shrugged, 'Actually, both. But, for me, just myself. I am not strong enough to power any vessels - although - I do know one that might be able to propel a small vessel about the size of our canister. We have developed phased-gravity drives for larger vessels.'

Mikal smiled as he pondered the possibilities, 'Then we might have something to trade. I really do not know much about Phlex technology, but, since we are here, it must work here as well.' Mikal pondered a bit as he looked around the hall way as he followed hir, 'the biggest problem I can see, will be the life-support system for the drive. Also the power systems, unless you have a way to generate Psions.' Mikal just shrugged, 'Da'mon Ka'e's-Vi' would know better, since, he is its creator.'

He paused a bit pondering his next remark, '<Mikal> Our technology is organically based with all the devices being alive, to some degree.'

<Etlaayz> Singing crystal!? You could call it that. We call it Cytrilium and we use quit a bit of it in our technology. Resources are - um - were limited in our universe, so, we used what we had.'

Etlaayz looked at her claw before reverting back to his hand (the crystal shell around his hand reverted back to a bluish goo then seeped back into his flesh).

'<Etlaayz>as are you.'

As they reached this 'astrometrics' and the door opened, they were amazed by the shear size of it.

'<Etlaayz>I suspect, they do not like small spaces.'

Mikal chuckles as he walked in, 'That might be so, but, you have seen the size of this universe. It would take a large room to do any serious plotting of anything here.'

He smiled and gestured to the large map in the middle of the room. Etlaayz gave him an internal flat stare. He can be a bit of an ass when he was right.

'<Mikal>Once we learn this common language, we could share it with everyone through the network.'

At Zhar's request, Mikal retrieved his notebook and opened it up and placed it on the floor in near the middle of the room. But, instead of keying in the commands, he spoke "Tei'KesChar," sending the approximate translation to hir - 'Show map big'.

The notebook's CI, as a stylize wolf head, projected its version of this portion of space. After several adjustments to get the scale and position correct, it replaced it with a detailed image of their universe, which started to rotate counterclockwise.

'<Mikal>The spatial dimensions are the same as yours. Although, the temporal is probably not, it should be close enough to get a general idea of how time passes there.'

-----

All this time the canister has been dormant, but, something has changed. One would notice a increase of energy levels in it and a stream of tachyons being generated.

Offline Commanderori

• View Profile
The two of them talking with each other, and apparently not having -that- much of a problem with being bonded, just causes a small smile to spread across Zhar's face. Shi always liked to see people getting along, perhaps because shi was a diplomat or perhaps just because that's what Kin want for everyone.

"Oh.... Well that isss ssstill a fassscinating ability dear." Scratching idly at hir whiskers as shi thinks, Zhar muses about the implications of that for a moment before continuing. "Hir people can survive in the void for a short time without an exosuit, partly thanksss to their tough biology and partly thanksss to the barrier their nanocryssstalsss can enhance, but they don't really have any meansss of moving themssselvesss like you are talking about."

The talk of their technology causes hir to come up short, eyeing him incredulously as he speaks. Your people ussse.... organic technology fusssed with cryssstaline sssyssstemsss? That was just too much of a coincidence for hir to ignore, and hir expression reflects that. "That isss.... too coincidental to be a coincident.  Hir people'sss technology isss basssed around the living cryssstal, and the wave coressss function, and thisss isss a very sssimplified explanation, by magnifying the electrical wave energy given off by all living thingsss from their world. The wave coresss are literally alive, they are wonderful gardensss full of plantsss. Ssshi doess not know what they mean by psssionsss, but it isss highly posssible that their technologiesss are easssily compatible.

Zhar just smiles slightly at Etlaayz's comment about them not liking small spaces, and that was very true. They didn't just build massive ships because they could, they quite like their open spaces. Shi doesn't comment on it though, instead watching him open the map up curiously. The different timescales weren't a problem, Paol taking only a moment to match them with its own holo before everything starts to piece itself together in the air before them. If they would dear, could they label the distancesss? That would let Paol ssstart building a comparissson.

----

On the oter section of the ship Alshka had been working at hir bench, just finishing up checking over the scans when a sudden electrical WHUMP makes hir yelp and spin around, leaning against hir desk in surprise as shi watches the pod suddenly shred itself. Or more accurately, Paol shred it inside a grav bubble the instant it started transmitting. Raising a hand shi yells something at the walls, clearly impolite from hir tone, before huffing and starting out of the room. There wasn't anything left to learn from it now, because there wasnt going to be anything left of it in a moment.

For their part Paol is a little less happy about it, having caught it only a few moments after it started transmitting but... tachyon are tricky things, and they weren't sure they had caught all of them. Regardless, deep within the core of the ship itself the capacitors light up as they being dumping power, preping the gate drive for ignition just in case something did pop up for them to worry about. Unarmed wasn't the same thing as defenseless, but Paol certainly didn't want to engage a warship, even one as small as they were, if it could be avoided.
Bullets might have someone’s name on them, but 20 kilos of high explosives is more “To whom it may concern”.

Offline Naisiskhrae

• View Profile
'<Etlaayz>Oh, not everyone has this ability. Only those of us that can control gravity and, I believe, electricity and magnetism seem to have it. But, it does come in handy for crossing long distances in a relatively short time. Several have wings, like myself, and can fly the usual way. For those that do not, we have - flying machines - that can do that for them.'

Hearing that they could survive in the void, caused hir to smile (internally). Chii, also, suspected, their void was not the same as the Void she understood.

'My Cytrilium shell can withstand very extrema temperature and pressure differences and makes fairly good armor.'

Mikal listened as Zhar described their technology and concurred with hir that there were way too many similarities to be just coincidence. But, then again both technologies semed to be nature based, at least, the technology developed by his people, and, from the sounds of it, so was theirs as well. One possible explanation would be, if the one they called The Nameless-one was not only their creator, but, the creator of everything and everyone. There would be a certain consistency in all of the different universes. But, at the moment, he was not ready to get into a deep theological discussion.

But, when shi asked him to label the distances, he was a bit perplexed at what shi wanted. '<Mikal> I am not sure what you want? I could display the distances, but, that is based on a unit of distance we use: a Ki'le'.' Pondering it some he added 'I could display a Ki'le' for reference.'

Instead of telling it he keyed it in to be quicker. Several rays with a dot in the center of the sun and an arrow at the end formed. One went out to the equator and further to the edge of their universe. Another went up to the raged opening at the pole then further on to the upper edge of their universe. Along each ray was a group of symbols representing the length in their number system. Pretty certain they had no idea about their number system he had displayed 16 symbols representing the values from 0 to 15 above the map. Above that a line segment roughly a half a meter long.

Pointing to it, he remarked 'that is a length of a Ki'le'. All the measurements are in Ki'le's.'

--------

Standing before a large window a man seemingly in he late sixties with a touch of gray in his har and a dusting of deep violet crystals on his skin watched as his crew were building a base for them deep in an asteroid belt far in a unoccupied section of space. Soon a serpent like aeration approached him (the avatar of the ship's CI).

"My Lord, I received a communication from Mikal's pod..."

Locaszaii' was not surprised. He had received several since the launch, most he did not bother to read. But, what it said next peaked his curiosity.

"...but the signal was terminated."

Without any semblance of concern, he asked, "does Mikal still live?"

The CI paused as it attempted to communicate to that monitor on Mikal's forearm.

"Yes."

That brought a curl of a smile to Locaszaii's lips. Like him, his son was a survivor.

Turning away from the window, he asked, "where is he now?"

The CI projected a map of the galaxy they were in with a little over a third of it mapped out. Out in the unmapped section was a dot where Mikal was.

"Well, Maybe it is time we mapped out that section. Send a drone to find out, but not too close."

--------

Mikal hoped Paol could use the data supplied doubting it could communicate with the CI in his book computer. Although, he had no doubt they could not send and receive data, it was the understanding of it he questioned.

The thing on his forearm became warm. Mikal looked down to see increased activity. '<Mikal>Tkekataz! (one of those untranslatable terms, but, from the sound of it and Etlaayz's reaction a curse word and fairly strong)'

Etlaayz (internally) blinked with her jaw dropped. Chii had never her Mikal use such language - ever. They could, probably, sense profound amazement from hir.

'<Mikal>I completely forgot about this!' Looking up to Zhar quite angry with himself, 'Locaszaii' now knows where I am and, maybe, about you and this ship, or, soon will.'

Looking down at his arm he made up his mind. Etlaayz, although, apprehensive agreed it was really the only way.

Holding up his arm, he requested, 'I would like you to remove this and destroy it. Since it in heavily incorporated in my arm, you will have to cut that off as well to remove all of it.'

(( Their world is, roughly, 2 AU in diameter flattened sphere with ragged holes at the poles. While their universe is exactly 3 AUs in diameter. I made an error in my original description, which, I will correct. ;) ))

Offline Commanderori

• View Profile
"Oh, ssshi ssseesss. Are there many different abilitiessss like that? At the mention of 'flying machines' shi does give them a slightly flatter look, not sure if they're talking down to hir or not. "Flying.... machinesss. Ssshi ssseesss. Like a plane, dear, or a ssshuttle?"

Nodding at their assessment of their crystal shell, Zhar muses that it would probably fair well against physical weapons, though maybe less so against energy weapons. Not that shi had any intention of testing it mind you, that would be extremely rude. As well, shi didn't know enough about their religions to comment on them, but they certainly had different creators since theirs lived on the three great cities and were nice old grandmothers who always had baked goods for visitors.

Examining the map as he speaks, Zhar nods at his comment. "Yesss, jussst a frame of reference." For his part, Paol had already extrapolated the distances from the moment it was up and labeled, throwing up a much, much larger version of his holograph up in the cetner of the room. At one corner of it their avatar appears, inspecting it critically for a few moments. ". . . Unless I'm translating this incorrectly, your 'planet' here is physically impossible by the known laws of the universe. It would crush itself under its own gravitic mass and colapse into a sun... or maybe even a black hole depending on exactly how much mass is contained he-"

Coming up short in speaking Paol's avatar snaps its head around to look at Mikal several moments before he notices the thing in his arm transmitting. At the same time, everything around him goes sort of.... slick and staticky, a shell of energy popping into existence around him. They'd sort of been expecting a second shoe for since the pod, and weren't surprised to find it. "I'm becoming rather less than thrilled with these sudden surprises from you, alien. Anything else i should be aware of?"

When he says they should cut it off, Zhar holds up a hand to forestall any more comment on it. "No, dear. Their medical technology and nanocryssstalsss ssshould be able to remove it without damaging them. that said. Zhar isss not amused by the surprises any more than Paol is. Especially since you have already told hir you have an enemy that isss posssible looking for you. Come." Turning, Zhar steps to the door and out of the room, leading him back to the medical bay they had been in earlier. Along the way the bubble around him extends in the proper direction, giving rather less option for sightseeing this time.
Bullets might have someone’s name on them, but 20 kilos of high explosives is more “To whom it may concern”.