Visionary Tales
9/18/19: Visionary Tales is ELEVEN YEARS OLD! Happy birthday! Leave a post on the site today (anywhere!) as a gift to VT. It's a good day to catch up on replies. (;If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

Pri[m]al Play[m]ate (Aeon+Kei)

Kei · 63 · 1488

Offline Kei

• View Profile
Evanna fought the urge to roll her eyes at the commentary from her companion. He really did grate her nerves the wrong way without ever meaning to. Eventually she took a deep breath and settled herself; having alright resigned herself to the long haul this year was sure to be. It would be fine, it really would, and at the end they'd go their separate ways. Maybe she'd go back to the mainland even and see what was left of her old hometown such as it was. Everyone there was long dead, but it would feel good to start fresh away from the islands. Or she could go find a place all for herself and form her own camp where she made the rules, that would be good. It was an end goal to focus on at least.

She barely held in a snort at the notion of her 'pet' because really that pokemon was dangerous in its own right, but she indulged him and inclined her head in thanks for him feeding the creature. He really didn't know how to deal with humans, did he? She pushed the thought from her mind and focused on the query Ryu sent her way. That was easy to answer. "Yeah, I found plenty and managed to set up a little area for myself that should be comfortable enough. I didn't go too far into the observatory since you asked me not to, but exploring it will give me something to do for a while so I'm not bothered by it."

Considering how large this place was, she could definitely spend a few weeks or even months exploring it before she found everything there was to find and saw everything there was to see. It wasn't a bad way to spend the next few months, though she figured Ryu would be keeping her busy as well with what he wanted. She didn't care either way, but at least she knew where things stood.

Offline Aeon

• Teal Knight
    • View Profile
At least she had listened to him, he thought to himself. She may be strong willed but she wasn't stupid, at least not from everything he had seen so far. She wouldn't purposefully endanger herself, not without good reason at least, so he was reasonably certain she wouldn't take any unnecessary risks. Still...he did suppose after bringing her up here to this decidedly remote place, he ought to be somewhat cordial...Despite how little he knew about such matters. "Since you are more or less stuck here,  is there something you will need that isn't here?" It was an offer at least. He wasn't going to promise her the moon or that she would live lavishly, but he could give some basic creatures comforts. Like clothes, or perhaps certain foods.

"Assuming there is even something you want."

Offline Kei

• View Profile
Evanna blinked at the sudden turn around that came in the form of Ryu asking if she needed anything that she couldn't find in the observatory. She shrugged, because she wasn't about to lie. "A few things, actually, since you offered. Like rope and some more sheets I can use to make some things I'll need moving forward. Also, I need a new dagger and some scissors and a needle and some thread. I had a lot of it back at camp but I packed so quickly I left a lot of it behind since it would have been too heavy to carry any great distance."

There was also the rest of her clothing, medical supplies, a few potted plants with herbs in them, and a picture of her parents that had been left behind in her hurry but she wasn't going to mention such trivial things to a being the likely wouldn't understand the need for them. She'd just make due with what she had. She was used to losing things that were important to her at this point in her life, so there wasn't a purpose in worrying about retrieving things that others had probably already taken and used for themselves. Though she really did hate to lose the last reminder of her childhood.

Evanna realized, as she stood there in the waning sunlight, that her life never really went the way she'd hoped it would. Now here she was in this remote place with a powerful pokemon that wanted her for his own means and she had resigned a year of her life spent with him. It could be worse, she knew, but somehow she felt a pang already at the knowledge that she wasn't going to ever get the chance to be close to another human with how she'd chosen to live her life. She supposed she could do without that contact, but it made her lonely to think about. Oh well, one couldn't ever hope to have everything they wanted.