Visionary Tales
If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.UPDATE!! 5/16/19: Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

So [M]any Snacks So Little Time

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
((continued from http://archive.visionary-tales.com/so-m-any-snacks-so-little-time-t22848-s315.html))

After eating enough rats to satisfy a pack of strays, Venom finally let Eddie know that it had enough, but it let him continue to explore since he was enjoying himself. "Why don't humans eat these?" It asked, humans didn't have to eat as much as Venom did, so they could easily get enough rats from here to survive.

"A lot of people think it's gross. Especially if they're coming from the sewer." Deadpool tried to pet the rat, but got bit again, "Is he? I thought he was just pissing all over me." Having lost the flashlight, he couldn't see much at all as the only illumination came from the grates above. Because of this, he tripped, and would have fallen into the water again if Venom didn't shoot out a tendril to grab him. There was still a splash as the rat he'd been holding fell out of his hands and the sound of it paddling as fast as it could away from them.

"You lost your rat."

"Yeah, that's a shame. Instead of biting the head off of a still living rat I'll have to settle for a hot dog."

"Disgusting."

"I'm pretty sure that there's some rat in like 90% of hot dogs."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

It took less than half an hour for four of Fisk's thugs to get to him, most of them looked older and with a few years of crime under their belt, save for one that looked like he just started taking driver's ed. One of the older ones gave him a bag which had a change of clothes and a file on Deadpool in it, there wasn't much information except about calculated recovery times, the kinds of weapons he used, and how much it cost to hire him. There was also a distinct note about having no known relatives or relationships that could be used.

"He won't be much help." the man said about the youngest of the group, "But Deadpool don't kill kids, he might be able to buy some extra time if you need it." There was no guarantee about whatever the monster was, but they hadn't exactly been debriefed about what they were going to face if they stuck around with the gunslinger.

Offline Aries Jordan

• View Profile
Eddie explored for a bit, pleased to think that he could now get anywhere on the island unobserved, but the sewers rapidly became monotonous.  "Rats carry diseases that can make regular humans very sick.  Or at least the ones that live in the sewer do.  I suppose if we farmed rats and fed them healthy stuff, the meat would be okay."

Deadpool was clearly wanting to return to the surface.  "I'd like to get back to the mission," Eddie said.  "Every day Drake is still alive pisses me off.  We've got plenty enough cash to get to San Francisco now."  Practicing his new skills, he wrapped Deadpool up in a few tendrils, then shot a couple more up to a manhole cover above them, reeling them upward.  "You should get cleaned up, Wade, while we go get ourselves a ride."  Eddie was picturing a Harley.  "Where do you live?  We can pick you up there."

Once they were up under the manhole cover, he put Deadpool on the ladder below him and shoved the cover off.  "Pull in, V, we need to look human now."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jude looked each man in the eye as they arrived, sizing them up and memorizing their faces.  Remaining comfortable on the bench, he flipped through the file, looking mainly for a home address and the names of the banks where Wilson had opened new accounts with Bullseye's money.  "What I really need to know is where to find the damn clown."

He frowned at what the thug had to say about the boy.  Jude didn't kill kids either, or put them in harm's way if he could help it.  However, if the kid was working for Fisk, he'd probably be in just as much danger if he didn't go on the mission.  "Got names, have you, gentlemen?"

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
"He will be much tastier than a rat." Venom said, even though it was full for the time being, it was still eager to eat the man. The alien was delighted as Eddie continued to use the tendrils to help himself. It had always been pressured into thinking that hosts needed to be controlled, that only their body was needed not their input, and having Eddie share in the autonomy, even take the lead in this case, was a new and thrilling experience. It felt right to the symbiote, more than any of its other relationships with hosts, it felt like it actually belonged.

"Not everyone has an alien suit to keep the gunk off." Wade said when Eddie told him to get cleaned up.

"We didn't jump into the dirty water like an idiot either."

"I fell, I didn't jump. This time." Deadpool protested, "Let me just give you the address to the place that I own legally." He gave them the address as he was carried up to the manhole, he grabbed the rungs so he wouldn't fall. "Nice view." he said as Venom pulled in and he was looking at Eddie's ass. The alien handed him his bag before disappearing completely.

b]Cars not moving. We go now. Let's get our ride, Eddie![/b] Venom was excited by the image in Eddie's mind of the bike.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"We've got the address. He's squatting at a crime scene. He's been in and out a few times, so he's gotta have stuff in there." Meaning he'd come back for it eventually. He looked confused for a moment when he asked about their names, usually they weren't asked about anything personal, just told what to do.

"I'm John, that's Dick, he's George, and the kid's name is James." He pointed to each of the different men.

"My name's Tim!" the kid interjected, getting a whack on the back of his head.

"You don't tell nobody your real name!"

(( >> I didn't really have any ideas for who these guys could be. Let me know if you have any.

Offline Aries Jordan

• View Profile
Eddie didn't care what Drake tasted like.  He was anticipating the evil son of a bitch shitting himself when he saw Venom.  Some of Venom's approval spilled over into his psyche as he pulled them up and made him glow with pride and affection for the symbiote. 

"Not everyone has two left feet either," he said to Wade -- although, to be fair, the merc was a lot more graceful than Eddie, on his own, would be.  He committed Wade's home address to the excellent memory he had developed as a reporter, and shimmied his ass semi-ironically in response to the compliment.  Fleetingly, he wondered what sex with Deadpool would be like without Venom, but supposed he would never get to find out. 

He scrambled up onto the street, and then out of it quickly before the light changed.  "OK, man, I'll pick you up in an hour or two," he called to Wade, and ran to catch the downtown bus he saw getting ready to pull out.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't care what your names actually are," Jude clarified.  "I just need the right fella to jump when I say so.  Toward that end, let's make your names easier to remember."  He got up and pointed to each of the four in turn.  "John, Paul, George and Ringo," the kid ending up with the drummer's name.  "And I am Jude, as in Hey, Jude, or Jude the Obscure.  If anyone has a problem with me giving the orders, let him say so now."

((I'm sure they'll develop personalities as we go.))

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
"I needed to get somewhere fast and I only had a left foot to stick on my right ankle."

You need to put your body parts on the shoe rack next time!

Eddie wants that?[/i] Venom asked about the fleeting thought, not sounding upset, Could be quiet and watch him do whatever he wants to Eddie.[/i]

"'ey! I'm walkin' here!" Wade shouted at a car that nearly hit him because he wasn't as fast as the other to get out of the street. "See you then! And bring food that can't run away!"

Venom dumped a bunch of coins into Eddie's hand for the bus, a few spilling onto the ground while he was running. The bus driver didn't stop for them, but for someone else that had run up to the bus, giving them time to catch up. As soon as they were on the bus and it started moving, Venom used Eddie's hand to unzip one of the pouches on the backpack and shove the extra coins in there. It didn't release control of his hand after that, instead zipping and unzipping the bag repeatedly, which got them many annoyed looks from the other riders that weren't wearing headphones.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fine by me." the most vocal of them replied to the new names, glad he didn't have to deal with any weird code names someone else they'd be working under might give them. Nobody objected to him giving the orders, because Kingpin had given them the orders to do what he said to help complete his mission.

"What are we doing?" The youngest asked, "What's the plan? Who are we fighting? Are we fighting anyone? What's my job?"

(( https://66.media.tumblr.com/960dd540d1d02ce9e1602337f6dd8b89/tumblr_pm0byobZOA1t9mtnt_1280.png

Offline Aries Jordan

• View Profile
Eddie blushed when he realized Venom had overheard that thought.  He never wanted to hurt Venom's feelings, but of course it was impossible for him to not feel what he really felt.  The best he could do was not vocalize it, and that was seldom enough to keep it from his symbiotic partner for long.  Probably better to be honest. 

I think it would be good if you observe for a bit before you participate again.  The problem for Eddie, although he didn't know how to articulate it, was that Venom had too much control over his body and not enough understanding of his psyche.  He didn't yet get that a human could be aroused by something and still not want to do it.  Eddie wasn't exactly vanilla in his tastes, but Venom was a little too overwhelming for him still.

Though I think Deadpool will always want you to participate.  Eddie didn't think he'd ever met anyone as jaded as Wade.  Just, uh, let me drive next time.

He didn't ask Venom to stop zipping and unzipping the backpack pouch, as it wasn't bothering him and he felt that anyone likely to be irritated by something so minor wouldn't last long as a New Yorker anyway.  He could throw a brick in any direction right now and hit somebody doing something more annoying.  In any case, it didn't take them long to reach a downtown used Harley lot, whereupon he cheerfully hopped off the bus.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Guess you didn't get a briefing," the gunslinger said dryly.  "We have to capture a demon."  He didn't know for sure it was a demon, but all his previous encounters with horrible black shape-changing monsters had occurred in Hell, so he was going with that as a hypothesis.  "It was hanging around this Wilson earlier, so we want to grab Wilson and question him about it.  Hopefully, it won't be still hanging around Wilson when we catch up with him because I'd hate to lose my first team that fast. 

"Your first job," he said to the kid Ringo, "is to go over to that Office Depot over there," pointing across the street, "and buy us five or six rolls of duct tape, while I step into this men's room and change."

When he came out of the men's room, he was wearing the clothes Fisk's men had brought -- jeans, plain t-shirt, and a black denim jacket.  He kept his own boots, but brought nothing else out of the bathroom with him, except a packet of cigarillos.  His other clothes were simply gone.  Even the guns had disappeared, or at least they were obviously not on him. 

"Did you gentlemen bring transportation?" he inquired, striking a match and applying it to one of his smokes.