Visionary Tales
If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

Read's art thread

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Hey all, I figured I might try to post on here as well with my art. I'm also working on doing trial run commissions of Original characters only and I might share teasers for my webtoon comic Drunk on Moonlight as well as potiental future projects or just random things.

Updated Commission info- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UYVok6rQ_RCZoJtr2pqF9uc342aWTO7Idpp3M-8n11E/edit?usp=sharing

If anyone's interested in commissioning some art, you can just reply here, send me a message, or reach me on discord. You can also ask as many questions as you like.

I hope to have some art posted soon. ^^
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 03:17:49 AM by readlliea »

Offline readlliea

• View Profile

Drew a friend's dnd character, A male tabaxi gunslinger artificer. Character isn't mine but the art is. This is a flat color drawing, so no shading.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile

So for my practice challenge, Rain suggested a "Sea Elf druid who got bite by a shark but doesn't mind.'
For the most part I like him, only thing I don't like is how bland his clothes are but I didn't have many ideas.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile

Second one of the challenge is done, a Firbolg paladdin with VERY droopy ears. Droopy ears are something I don't draw as I used to draw canines a lot and when I tried to do the droopy ears, it just always looked bad. I'm actually feeling happy with his ears here. I didn't want to do the traditional silver armor so I went with copper instead.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile

We got the third one in this challenge series! A drow cleric in the Life domain who is only 4ft 2 inches lol. So the tall drow is now the SHORT drow. I loved this one and I asked if I could keep him, and the person who suggested the combo was kind enough to let me keep him! So in this drawing our Sea Elf druid bud is helping to show the other elf's height difference while trying to discretly warn you not to point out the obviousness. Course our drow is already threatening someone who called him small.

This one went through a few changes, originally the firbolg paladdin was going to be standing next to him. Hence the dialogue that mentions Smite; as smite is a paladdin thing. Course our cleric is using a cantrip called sacred flame and he's calling it his own version of smite. I also based his look around the Goddess I gave him which is Halani Celanil; which is a goddess of love. I looked up colors that represented love and just worked in that area.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile

Decided to do my black and white piece to see how well these character design characters would translate into that medium. I figured it would be a interesting way to show bits of their past or at least events from them. Here are using the Drow before he was a life cleric. Hence his lack of shield and cloak, although it seems something much larger than him is stalking him in these caverns. Now what did you do to deserve that little man?

Offline readlliea

• View Profile

So I finally drew something for one of my rps here. Bout time eh? lol

Offline readlliea

• View Profile

Forgot to upload this when it was done but have Mr. Fargo from my webcomic. ^^

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Heyo peeps!!! Episode 2 of my webcomic Drunk on Moonlight has gone up!

Here's a link for you https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/drunk-on-moonlight/list?title_no=479445

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
So I had a glorious dnd session today!  Had some fun moments but also everyone loved the session and even the art I provided for it! This is number 1 out of 3.(I'm not posting the scenes in order) This scene is meant to be the fight between Brushfire and White runner.

Brushfire is the big gnoll and Whiterunner is the adlet pinned down; adlets are from Inuit mythology and aren't in dungeons and dragons in any form, but I wanted to surprise my players and made the adlets for one site but i left an took em with me but not the point. Bascially Whiterunner appeared some years ago and came across the warband that Brushfire controled, the two ended up fighting as Whiterunner didn't like how abusive the guy was; as he knew nothing of how Gnolls operated. Whiterunner won the fight and had torn apart half of Brushfire's face and become leader.

Whiterunner basically ended up as chieftain and tried to improve the pack's way of life. They left the area and ended up settling somewhere else to try and end the nomadic lifestyle. Well two days after the party showed up (Which takes place years after White runner's rise to leardship) Brushfire appears! He challenges Whiterunner to a fight for leadership and well, here they are going at it.

Whiterunner wears these clawed gauntlets as a means of weapon and defense.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Just a short while before Brushfire appears, Whiterunner and his mate celebrate the birth of their five pups! Three gnolls like their mother and two adlets like him.

And the last drawing that I SUPER LOVED how they reacted to this guy. Bascailly this creepier was stealing one of Whiterunner's newborn pups!! The collective reaction to this picture was "What the fuck" lol. They had that reaction a second time when i described how this creature's midsection stretched like a slinky as they tried to get away. It elongated itself to try and slink away hehe. Twas glorious freakout. It didn't help that the thing then turned into a mass of black sludge that went through the cracks in the floorboards as well.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile

Ah here's one of my oldest characters, granted his scars are VERY toned down. He sort of got a factory reset in this drawing to a degree. Here's WOODSLY

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Hey guys, bit of a announcement.

I've been trying to get art commissions up and going and so far it hasn't worked. I still want to do this as it would be the only source of income I'd have. I do traditional art so how this would work is me taking a picture of the commission and sending you that picture; I've seen other traditional artists do this and it is possible to work. I don't have money to send the physical drawing; and this is a small reason why I'm not selling any needlefelt creatures.

So if you like what you see in terms of my art, feel free to ask me any questions regarding it.
-----------

My Rules: (these will be updated as new things pop up)
I will NOT do NSFW, I have no desire to tackle that.
I hold the right to refuse a commission if I see fit or I know I can't properly draw something.
I canít draw machines or robots.
I am more willing to draw humans, certain animals, fantasy creatures, or a creature that is a mismatch of things from your direction.

What i'm offering;
Flat Colored; no shading unless needed to aid to the look of facial features
Headshots- $5
Half body- $10
Fullbody- $15

Black and White Style: My comics are done in this style

Half Bodies- $15- Sometimes these need backgrounds, other times they won't.
Full bodies- $20- These often need a background

Near Illustration: This is what my comics fully count as. These are meant to tell a scene or a small bit of story. They take up their entire page and sometimes can have panels. These will sport shading but cannot be more than three panels. They also can have multiple characters.
$30.00

Prices will change and adjusted to if you want multiple characters in the piece.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 04:42:57 PM by readlliea »

Offline readlliea

• View Profile

My second art commission!! So my dm commissioned me to make a headshot of a green dragon that appeared in our game a few sessions back. We did armor plated scales as I expressed I was concerned the pain would smear the intricate tiny dots of scales and he suggested doing this. Which I am happy for. Other than his neck being a bit short I am super happy with him.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile

My biggest commission so far! Four full bodies, colored, background, and all this with shading!! This honestly scared me to a degree as I did struggle on some parts but in the end I do like it. Making things smaller in the background, fall colors for the tree, and the thatch roofs were new.

He wanted a calm village scene and a hunting party returning, thus this was the result. ^^