Visionary Tales
9/18/19: Visionary Tales is ELEVEN YEARS OLD! Happy birthday! Leave a post on the site today (anywhere!) as a gift to VT. It's a good day to catch up on replies. (;If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

Reviving memories (Naisiskhrae)

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
The call to the hospital had come in at two thirty am from Conclave's personal superhero. A John Doe had been found at a abandoned warehouse and had consumed some sort of medicine that had left them in a bad state; or at least, that's what the vigilante told them. Despite the information, the man was stabilized quickly and rushed to the hospital. Recovering from their ordeal, the staff nor cops got any answers when the man woke up. Unable to recall a thing. Their name, the medicine they took , why they were at the warehouse, a place to live, nor place of work. Not a single thing was in their head but the necessities. Such as being able to talk, write, read, understanding others, and other human actions. Those things he recalled, those he knew how to do just fine.

The media had gone crazy when Beastblood seemed to have gone into hiding, for the criminal hadn't attacked nor robbed any place for the past week. Many were skeptical but were trying not to jinx everything. Still there were people who were taking the media at the word; when that wasn't always a good idea. This also meant that the police were dealing with normal criminals and while the Task Force that mainly dealt with trying to capture or at least get Beastblood to back off was still around. They were now stuck doing normal jobs as they were originally just police officers who had been given a special title.

A stack of Jane and John doe cases had piled up over the years, some of them were victims of regular crime. Some cops betted that others were victims of Beastblood despite their death's not being nearly as brutal. Currently one officer was attending to their pile and they pulled up another John Doe file that probably would be just as boring as the others. Within this file would reveal several pictures of the John Doe laying hospital, hooked up to machines with no physical injuries. Items on his person were a black suit he had been found in, the bottle of pills that seemed to have just been given to him with only two missing from the total count, no identification at all, and black shoes. Under those was the standard sheet of information, a lot of it was marked unknown however some basics  were filled in.

Eyes were green in their coloration, gender was obviously male, hair color was black and currently short; however form the pictures it was currently messing and unkempt. They were a white caucasion as well. Course the person whose desk this was set on would find themselves faced with the unexpected face that they hadn't seen for five years.

John.

The man took to being called that as it was what the staff and cops were calling him. This whole waking up in a place with no memory had freaked him out and it didn't help him that he felt unsafe here. Whenever the doctors or nurses would get near him, he'd feel every fiber of his being getting tense as he would feel the desire to just run. Yet he stayed put, not sure on where he could even go or what he'd do. But even as they would leave and he was in the room alone, that tension...that unease would only calm slightly.

"It's just...a new place...random....place.." John muttered, trying to explain away these feelings to himself.

However a knock would come to the door and it was opened by yet again a nurse. She had a friendly smile but John would lean a little bit more against the pillow, his nerves making the unease grow.

"Mr. Doe, you have a visitor." the nurse said, moving to allow a man to enter. "If you need anything just call."

The nurse would exit just as quickly as she entered and John would let his gaze land upon the stranger who had entered. The stranger would see a thin man sitting in that bed, green eyes watching them with a uneasy look in them, unkempt black hair that probably just needed some water to tame those wild strands, and they were currently dressed in the hospital gown.

"Uh....hi....?" John greeted nervously.

Offline Naisiskhrae

• View Profile
This day was like any other day. Since the disappearance of Beastblood a week ago, the media was going crazy with inuendos and all sorts of conspiracy theories from all the crackpots and kooks in Conclave. David laughed at some of the headlines he had seen. One would think this Beastblood was a celebrity, well, in a way, he was. He was the biggest thing to hit Conclave. Now that he was gone (or seemingly so as some doubted he was), there was not much to talk about. Oh, they had their super-villains, but nothing their super-heroes could not handle. There was a rumor that the Task Force might be disbanded, and the officers moved to other departments, which was fine by David. He had requested a transfer to Missing Persons so he could continue looking for his brother, Johnathan.

Pouring a cup of coffee and snagging one of the last few donuts, David headed to his desk. Piled on it were the usual heap of folders, mostly Jane and John Does. Turning on his computer, setting down the cup of coffee, he shoved the donut into his mouth the picked up the first folder - John Doe. Flipping to the back page, he scanned the notes. Most were unknown, but what was known made David think. The description matched Johnathan. But could it be after five years? Flipping over a picture, he came face-to-face with a face he has not seen in five years. There was no doubt this was Johnathan. Swallowing down the donut with a coffee chaser, he sagged the photo and made a mad rush to the door.

On the way to the hospital, his mind filled with questions. Where has he been these five years? What happened to him? Why did he not try and contact them? And many others, but the only way to get any answers was to confront the man. Reaching the hospital, he entered the lobby flashed his bag and the picture of Johnathan asking to see this man. Soon a nurse was leading him through the maze of hallways to a door. She knocked and announced the occupant had a visitor.

A man stepped in blond hair green eyes and a muscular build. There he was in the flesh. David had mixed feelings to hug him or knock his block off. For the moment, he just stood there speechless. When he finally could talk, probably the worst thing he could say came out of his mouth, "where the hell have you been?"
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 11:41:23 PM by Naisiskhrae »

Once More Around the Sun: with Ori and Mikal (me).
A Nightmare's Dream: with Beastblood (readlliea) and Naisis (me)

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Malnourished and thin, his cheekbones were somewhat outlined more than they used to be against his skin; a more obvious sign of his new state. As he sat there, a look of confusion was on his face as he sat there. Staring at the stranger who spoke with mixed emotion with a question that suggested they had a strong sense of familiarity with him. But that was only one sided. John blinked with a strong look of confusion and unfamiliarity, not recognizing a inch of this man as he sat there staring back at him. Green eyes that belonged to John held a sense of fear within that clear confusion that registered on his face.

"I....I'm sorry Sir but...I think you might have me mixed up with someone?" John questioned, trying to keep the fear out of his voice but failing miserably.

There was a sense of guilt growing in his stomach, why though? He didn't recognize the man but then again he couldn't remember anything, not even his own name. Did he just make this stranger feel like shit for saying what he did? Why did that make his stomach twist?

"I don't remember anything about my life so...if you know me I...I'm sorry." John forced out, trying to remove this new discomfort from his gut as he already felt horrible. "I...I'm just being called John since...nothing's in here it seems."

He gestured to his head and sank against the bed, would the more fit man be angry? Would they demand he remember? When the cop taking the report was here, John felt so uncomfortable with them. They seemed to doubt his lack of memory and it took John nearly starting to have a break down for the staff to request the officer leave. It was stupid. But then again, that seemed to fuel is distrust and unease with the medical staff.

"So, I'm John and you are?" he added, wanting to avoid getting stuck in his head as he cast his green eyes at David.

Offline Naisiskhrae

• View Profile
When the truth finally sunk in, David sat down hard on a chair. Johnathan really did no know him. He has heard all sorts of horror stories about amnesia, and now he was living it. Sometimes it was forever other times the memories return.

He sat there and listened as Johnathan confirmed what he was suspecting. When Johnatan introduced himself and asked how he was, David corrected him, "Johnathan. Your name is Johnathan Lee. Mine is David. We are brothers and the sons of Robert and Marion..."

He was about to go on and describe, but now was not the time. He decided Johnathan had enough to relearn, and overloading him now would not do any good considering he looked like he had been run through a ringer.

He knew what he needed to do. He also knew the miles of red-tape he would have to cut through to do it.

"First thing is to get you out of here and back home," hoping that would jar his memory and as an afterthought, "and get you some new clothes."

Standing up and walking over to him, he offered his hand with a smile, "welcome home. Johnathan."

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
The information had been thrust upon him and John could only find himself just sitting there, staring at David. Somewhere in his head, he felt that the word Johnathan sounded familiar but he didn't speak up. Part of him wondered if it was just his brain latching onto something and tricking itself? What if his head got filled with the wrong memories? All John found himself able to do was just stare back at David.

"Can...can we just call me John for now...?" John requested, feeling uncomfortable with this lack of remembering and David calling him something he wasn't positive on.

But the idea of getting out of here, away from this place filled with people in white coats that seemed to make his hairs stand on end. That was something he wanted. He wanted out of here and honestly, he didn't know how he would manage to do that with a empty noggin. Raising a hand, he was about to reach for David's hand but he froze. Pulling his hand back nervously.

"You...you can get me out of here....right?" John asks, the growing fear he was having being in this place was becoming more noticeable. "This isn't....the home you're talking bout...r..right?"

John's green gaze darted to look past David as they both could hear someone walking very close to the door to this room. John seemed to tense up and pressed his back into the pillow behind him. The door never opened though and the sound of footsteps walking on would fade away as the owner of them them, probably took a turn somewhere. Now David would recall that when Johnathan was in his life, the man never acted like this. Sure Johnathan didn't end up in hospital save for the two times he got really sick due to bad food at a work party and a separate time when the man sprained their ankle at their apartment. Even with these two things, Johnathan never freaked out to the sounds of people walking by the door. He never seemed to be this scared of a single location either.

This...was all new behavior and it begged the question, what did he go through to get this jumpy?

Offline Naisiskhrae

• View Profile
David nodded as he saw the reaction and request, a reasonable one at that.

Dropping his hand, he concluded, "John it is. It might take me a month to get you out of here, hold on."

At first, he thought Johnathan's jumpiness and fear of the doctors and nurses was simply a touch of nerves in being dumped in an unfamiliar place. But as the days wore on, he noticed this was more of an ingrained reaction. Something had deeply scared and scarred him.

David pulled every string he had and called in all favors owed to get this done as quickly as possible. Every day he kept Johnathan informed on any progress. Although he was reasonably sure Johnathan did not know anything about what he was talking about or even cared about it. Still, this was his life, and he deserved to know what was going on.

To his delight, the day finally came and sooner than he expected. Picking a new set of clothes for John (dark red long-sleeved cotton pullover shirt,  brown pants, and shoes), he headed to the hospital. A few more forms later, John Doe was now his responsibility.

He, a nurse and a wheelchair (which he objected to, but was informed it was hospital policy) were heading down the halls to where Johnathan was. Handing the package of clothes, he closed the curtain while the nurse packed up his belongings.

When he was ready they wheeled Johnathan to David car. Several hours later (out of town and through some nice sceenery) the pulled up to respectable estate (not too big, yet not too small) surounded with a well-manicured garden. Out tending the garden Johnathan might see an elderly Japanese gentleman. The he heard it, bagpipes. Soon he could see a farily tall man decked out in Scotish atire wailing away with one of Johnathan's favorite tunes. David made the tariable mistake of telling Allen he was bringing Johnathan home today.

When the car stopped infront of the house, Allen stopped playing the pips and opened the Johnathan's door. With a definite Scottish accent, he announced, "Welcom home master Johnathan. It has been a long time."

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"A month? Please...." John stammered, looking scared by being told that amount of time.

The  stay in the hospital certainly showed the ingrained fear of the staff he had. The more David visited, the more it became clear as the man would look akin to a rabbit ready to spring out of the bed. But thankfully he hadn't darted yet. It was possible that the progress on getting him out was what kept the poor man from doing the run for it.  The clear anxiety he had at being in this place might've played a role in getting him out along with all the strings pulled, perhaps.

John was greatly relieved when the clothes had been given to him and he was told he was getting out. It was most likely the happiest and relaxed he looked ever since their 'reunion'. While he changed, John didn't really focus on anything else. merely the thought of getting away from the doctors and the sterile yet chemical smelling environment caused him to get dressed quickly. Though when he came out wearing the new attire and saw the nurse, his nervousness did return.

"I...I can walk.." John protested.

"I'm sorry Mr. Doe but this is hospital policy." The nurse replied simply; as if she had to make this response many times in a day.

John had to be convinced but since David had been building a sense of trust with him, John went along with it. But the entire wheelchair ride, he looked ready to have a panic attack as he would fidget in that seat, looking over his shoulders constantly, and even a fearful look was given to David. So when they were finally at the car and the nurse was out of sight, John let out the air he was holding his lungs.

"I..I know I'm probably overreactig...or...something. But you won't believe how relieved I am to be out of that building..." John said to David as he adjusted the grip on his paper bag of belongings; since he had so few items on his person when brought in, it all fit in that.

After all, a suit and some shoes as well as one curious pill bottle were inside that bag. Granted, John didn't know what was in there, he hadn't looked yet. The long drive was spent in mostly silence, once in a while John would fidget about and tug at the seat belt. He looked somewhat uncomfortable but nowhere near to the degree of discomfort he felt at the hospital when the staff were around. Other than that, he was pretty quiet on the car ride.

Upon arriving at the estate, John tilted his head. Taking in the sight as he tried to wrack his empty mind for something. Nothing was coming sadly. A slightly saddened look was appearing when he heard it, music? Was that wailing of sorts music he was hearing? John looked confused and was about to ask David what the sound was when he spotted em. A very large man with some....object, that was clearly making the noise. Sinking in his seat somewhat, John looked a great deal more confused as the door was opened for him and he was facing this man. A few stunned blinks left him.

"Um....I...I hate to be the bearer of....not grand news but...I...I told him it's just John right now an...and that I don't remember anything..." John stuttered out, pointing at David as he spoke. "I...I'm not a master...well. Unless not having any memory of your life at all counts as being a master of something..."

Eventually, John would exit the vehicle as he adjusted his grip on the bag. The brown paper bag would wrinkle and the sounds of it crumbling could be heard. Glancing around once more, he took in the surrounding plants and the stature of the home that was before him. Did he actually live here once upon a time? If so then why? Why did all this happen to him? Why couldn't he remember any of this?

"Sooo....uh..who are you?" John asked, looking back to Allen.

Offline Naisiskhrae

• View Profile
To see Johnathan out of the hospital was a relief and a joy to David. But, he was no fool. This was the beginning of a very long road with heartbreaks and pitfalls. He was hoping to avoid most of that. He had notified Allen and the rest of the staff that he was bringing Johnathan home today and told them to get his room ready. What he had not expected, but should have, was Allen's greeting.

David just sat there behind the wheel, shaking his head. Allen was very good at what he does, keeping the estate fit and in the black. When it was business, Allen was all business. But he did have an eccentric side to him as well. And, at the moment, it was in full display. Looking up, he caught Allen giving him the evil-eye, definitely unpleased with him, especially after Johnathan gave him the explanation.

Stepping back, with his pipes under his arm, giving one last mournful sound, "John it shall be. I am Aluinn MacAlee, but most call me Allen. I am the keeper of the estate, so if you need anything, just let me know.  Now, if you follow me, I will show you to your room." Looking back to David, he asked, "does he have any more luggage?"

"No, just what he has on his back and in the bag."

Allen gave Johnathan a look over, "Aie. Then we'll have to do something about that."

David chuckled as he got out of the car. He knew now that Allen was on the job; things will get done.

Allen waited until Johnatan was ready to follow, then he led the way into the house. The inside was not as pretentious as the outside. Oh, they did have a chandelier in the entryway, but the rest of the house had a homey feel to it.

As he led Johnathan up the stairs to the bedrooms, he gave an introduction to the rest of the staff, "you probably have seen Mister Takamura, our gardener. We have two maids. Miss Mary which takes care of the upstairs and Miss Susan for the downstairs," leaning close to Johnathan, "they are identical twins, so don't let them rattle you." Returning to his original position, "Last is or cook Miss Deborah."

Reaching the top of the stairs, Jonathan would look down a long hall having five doors: two on each side and one at the end. There were pictures of the family on the walls, but the largest was a portrait of a man in a kilt sitting in a plush highback chair smoking a pipe with a lovely woman by his side and two boys on the other side.

Reaching one of the doors, Allen opened it and stepped aside and gestured inside, "again, welcome home John. If you need anything, just let me know."

(( This is Johnathan's old room. You can decide what it looks like. ))

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
The sound the bagpipes made, made John feel worse. The sad sounded...while it was intentionally made, it was no doubt how the man holding them felt. Looking down at the bag in his hands, John looked like a person who felt remorseful for something they said or did while. How high of hopes did he accidentally give the people here that David's brother was coming home when he agreed to all of this? Was he even going to remember anything? What if he didn't? What if he never remembered and all his existence did was just hurt these people?

"N..Nice to meet you Mr. Allen." John said as he got out of the car, he wanted to be polite and he didn't want to cause more pain, so he thought the most respectable approach was right.

Was it?

John tilted his head at the remark that they'll have to do something about that. Why? Sure the small bit of things he had was just that suit and the medicine, but still. Was something wrong with how little he brought? If only he had a wallet...a wallet to tell him who he was, then he'd feel somewhat comfortable he felt.  Still, he followed after Allen, trying to keep pace with the man while looking around.

It was probably funny, watching this grown man with a empty head of memory as he looked at the large interior and chandelier; as if he'd never seen such a thing before. John listened to Allen as he introduced the others, he nodded when they mentioned spotting the gardener from the car. Though at the identical twin remark, John felt a bit uneasy. How was he going to keep them straight then? Surely there was a way right? Though the large portrait that rested in the hall did make him pause, tilting his head to the side as he stared up at it.

"Is that...you?" John asked, gesturing to the man in the portrait before he rushed after him.

After all, he'd only see one man in a kilt and people change as the years went on in looks. With the door to the bedroom opened, John stepped him nervously. What he walked into was a simple room, while it had some lavish looks to it due to the high quality of things, there was a surprising tameness to the room. As if the person who had lived here tried to not make their room look as rich or lavish as possible. Instead, there was quite a plain look to some areas. The wall were the standard off white with a dark wooden floor. The dresser and large wardrobe were of lighter colored wood, with either brass or painted on gold to help the knobs stand out on them. A desk of a reddish wood rested in a corner that had some books and folders resting on it. Drawers were closed with intricately designed handles that seemed to form swirls at the end of them. A door within the room led to where the bed was but John didn't go that far. Shelves also rested on the walls, holding things that were within arm's reach. Some were from the past such as childhood things that held a place somehow and others, were things that Johnathan had chosen to collect.

"I..I'm sorry, about....well...not knowing anything and..potentially ruining everyone's hopes.." John apologized as he looked back at Allen. "I'll try to..thank you, Mr. Allen."

Going over to the desk, he carefully set the paper bag down in the chair. Glancing at the books and folders that rested on the top of the desk, he looked afraid to move them. Part of him wondered if it was a organized little mess or if it was a simple mess.

Offline Naisiskhrae

• View Profile
David had followed Allen and Johnathan but at a respectful distance. To see his brother walk through their home as if it was something he had never seen pained him. What if Johnathan never remembered? Well, then they will have to make new memories.

When Johnathan ask Allen if the man portrait was him, he gave a sad smile, "No, that was your family," pointing each one out, "Marion, your mother. Robert, your father. You and David."

David stood outside as Johnathan looked over his old room. There was a sad expression on his face, but a determination in his heart. He was going to make this work.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"I see..." John replied.

With his apology falling on deaf ears, John decided it wasn't wise to keep mentioning how sorry he was for not remembering things. The room didn't have much to it that he felt was familiar. Going over to a door within his room, he opened it and found where his bed rested. There was a small bed stand beside the bed on one side with a lamp and there was a shelf along the wall. Resting on that shelf was a teapot.

IT was sort of squished in it's shape, not as round and tall as many others. But it held something to it...a sort allure that made it feel special. The white porcelain was decorated with red and golden accents throughout the entire piece. The wide lid rested on the teapot and it's long handle was just inches short of being the same height as the very top of the lid. Despite not having seen this before to his knowledge, John felt something. Reaching forward, he rested his fingertips against the delicate object. The cold porcelain was smooth to the touch and he quickly pulled his hand away, afraid to break such a piece.

The teapot had been something that Johnathan had saved up to buy with his own money rather than using the money he had from his family. It was sort of like a personal accomplishment in the man's eyes. Though...John didn't know this, only felt something toward the item. Deciding not to risk damaging it, John left the room and returned to the main part of the room that was his for now.

Considering this was a new place, John figured a show was the best idea and after confirming that the clothes inside the wardrobe and dresser were indeed his size, the man asked where the closest bathroom was. It was just a couple of doors down and that felt like a huge relief to the man. After all, he wouldn't get as easily lost. Taking the clothes and towel to the bathroom, he gave a sigh as he tried to push the fearful thoughts out of his head.

"It'll be fine.....just fine....your head can't be one hundred percent empty.." John muttered. "There has to be something in there..."

Was there though? Removing his shirt through, he paused as he noticed some particular markings  on his left arm and chest.

"What....are..." John muttered as he looked closer at them in the mirror.

They were scars alright but...from what? They didn't look like they were from a gun or anything like it. A brow raised as he reached slowly, letting his fingers rest against the particularly long one on his chest. It was rough...almost like it had been done unevenly. As he did so though, his head started to fill with pain. Causing him to groan and put his face in his hand. His heart started to beat faster and he felt somewhat shaky. Slowly, he removed his hand from his face so he could look at the scars; feeling his chest tighten as he did so. Looking at the odd marks and various scars. There was more of them on his arm than his chest. As he stared at it though, the pain of his head pounding worsened.

"Ah....you're awake.." a distorted voice would reach his head; in truth it was in his head as a long lost memory was attempting to force it's way to the surface due to how conflicted he currently was.

"What....wh...who..." John muttered as he looked around the room, only to find the place looking more like static on a tv screen than anything.

This won't hurt....too much. Try to relax, if not. We can always...sedate....you.

The hairs of the back of his neck stood on end as he found himself glancing down, only to see various things sticking out of his arm!! Eyes going wide, he quickly took his hand to it and tried to shove them off. Since this was all in his mind though, his would go right through them, causing his heart to speed up as he started to freak out more. The sound of a thud would be heard by anyone near the bathroom as well as heavier breathing.

Offline Naisiskhrae

• View Profile
David was outside keeping an eye on Johnathan for the moment when he heard some muttering, then a thud. Rushing in, he saw Johnathan on the floor trying desperately to wiping off something on his arm. that is when he saw all the scars, none of which should be there.

What the hell had happened to him? And why were they reported in the findings? Although the ones on his arm could be chalked off to him being a junky (which he was not), the jagged on his chest should have been noted.

The mystery of this Jonathan was becoming stranger and stranger. He now was not sure it was his Johnathan.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
His vision blurred as his mind got more caught up in the memory trying to surface, static fizzed in the corners of his vision and over the figure that seemed to loom over him with a scalpel in hand. A dark grin blurred in and out of existence. His gaze went to his arm, eyes still wide with terror before he could feel his chest hurting, filled with a stinging and continuous pain across his chest. Tears welling up in his eyes as the phantom pains from the scalpel against his skin registered, dragging him further into his own head. David's entrance in the room hadn't been acknowledge in the least and as David just watched, the man was clearly becoming more afraid.

"stop it...stop it...please.....I don't...understand..." John muttered, a shaking hand moving to try and press against his chest but he found himself unable to move it.

In the memory his arms were strapped down, unable to even raise them. That voice he could hear became more garbled, distorted to where nothing was clear. But apparently those restraints didn't last long as in present day, John got up quickly, pressing his back against the wall as he tried to take several deep breathes. Looking down, his distorted vision showed him blood and a metal floor; versus the clean tile floor of some fancy design within the bathroom. A shaking hand pressed against the length of the scar on his chest before pulling it away, blood coated his hand...dripping down his palm and oozing between his fingers. Course David would just see a terrified man, staring down at his own hand as their face lost it's color, tears dripping down their somewhat sunken in cheeks and high cheekbones, and those eyes...eyes that looked like they were seeing something that wasn't in front of them. Distant...yet filled with a fear that was so vivid and real. Perhaps that would clue David in that the poor man might be remembering something? Or not..hard to say.

"Now look what you did....you made it worse... that distorted voice glitched through his head, looking up John was now staring straight at where David was with those distant, fear fueled eyes.

However the memory seemed to start glitching out to where it's hold was breaking. Sections of the bathroom started to make themselves known, a odd color on the cold metal floor there...part of the wooden doorway showing through a sterile white wall that had no doorway. But the biggest thing that was a 'glitch' in this memory..was David. The man was there in the doorway, parts of them shifted to match the memory's void. Parts of a white lab coat manifesting on them before turning to static. Sometimes David's face would end up covered by the static, fizzing out of reality as John shook.

"Who....p..pl...ease." John stammered, legs wobbled for a second as the man debated on sprinting for him but didn't. "Make it stop...get it off..please...get it off!"

"Now be a good boy a sit down. that voice sounded in his head, a malice was behind it. "You've disappointed enou..gh....

A sharp pain went through his head as his eyes widened, no more. His mind couldn't handle the strain. Every emotion faded from his face and his legs gave out, causing him to crumble to the floor as he took in rapid gasps. Green eyes were directed at the tile floor that he could now see once again, cold tile floor...yet not as cold as that horrible metal floor.