Visionary Tales
If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

Reviving memories (Naisiskhrae)

Offline Naisiskhrae

• View Profile
When he saw Dr. Thompson's car pull in, he headed back to the estate. Just outside of Jonathan's bedroom, he waited until Dr. Thompson was done. Entering the room to be interrogated by the doctor. Dr. Thompson was many things, one being he was thorough, which is why he was their family physician.

David walked up to Johnathan, "Theis is my older brother, Johnathan. He left before you became our doctor. A little over a month ago, he was found in a warehouse in a state of amnesia. And about fifteen minutes ago, he collapsed after having a hallucination of some sort. I suspect it might have been a memory, but of what... The horror I saw on his face," David shuddered a little and took a deep breath.

Recovering, he pointed to the big scar, "I want to know how that happened and why." As an afterthought, David added, "He did have some medicine with him, Allen, he had a bottle of pills, see if you can find them." A few minutes later, Allen returned with a bottle of pills and handed them to Dr. Thompson.

Once More Around the Sun: with Ori and Mikal (me).
A Nightmare's Dream: with Beastblood (readlliea) and Naisis (me)

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
“Ah yes, I was growing curious as  to why you had so many facial similarities.” Dr. Thompson remarked. “From the sound of it, it was probably a traumatic memory that he wasn’t prepared for. Explains why he passed out, his mind couldn’t handle remembering it. Poor lad was probably struggling to see what was real and what fell into the memory.”

He went a little further to explain that sometimes, a memory trying to resurface wasn’t always clean. Sometimes it made reality get distorted if the mind was struggling bad enough. Not all memories should work like that if they were being recalled.

“Hm....that might’ve triggered it then. He wouldn’t recall getting this scar, so it’s possible his mind tried to recall this reliving the event.” He added as he inspected the scar. “This was done with a scalpel, my guess is someone was operating on him and the lad jerked to the opposite direction. Causing the surgeon to dig the scalpel  in further and make the line wonky.”

The pills rested on the bedside table, looking rather lonely there. As the pill bottle was produced, the doctor looked over the old label. Narrowing his gaze to try and see what it said.

“It’ll take me time to figure this out.” Doc Thompson said, referring to the pills. “Do you believe he has need of them? Any conditions that medicine would be needed for?”

Simple but routine questions, the safety of the patient was just as important as thier health.

“I don’t know what surgeon might’ve cut him open or why. All I can say is from the perfect line, they’re skilled yet....seemed to not care when your brother jerked. Whatever was going on, it might not have been agreed on.” The doctor explained. “Before I go, is there anything else?”

John groaned as he shifted under the covers, the cooler air hitting his chest was registering. The good doctor merely pulled the covers up higher, to cover the scar and chest. Seemingly, it helped John remain asleep.

Offline Naisiskhrae

• View Profile
David listened to Doc. Thompson, as he explained, in his way, what might have happened. Although quite a bit was what he already suspected, there were some surprises. Such as the scar being done by a surgeon. He did not doubt Doc. Thompson's skill or evaluation. He knew something bad happened to Johnathan, but the more he heard, the more sinister it became. At first, he thought it was a chance happening. But now, he suspected it was deliberate, and Johnathan was the target. But, who would want to do this to Johnathan or anyone?

"Thank you - I think. You gave me a lot to think about." Looking at Johnathan, he added more as an afterthought, "could you do something about those scars? Johnathan has enough to think about without that," pointing to where the biggest scar was, "to remind him."

Pulling Alen aside, he said, "I want someone here 24 hours a day even if you have to hire someone."

"Aye. And where might you be going?"

David headed out, "to find some answers!"

He had taken some time off to take care of Johnathan but did not retire. Now he was glad he did not. He called in every favor owed him and made a few promises, in turn, to get anything on the John Doe that is now Johnathan. He would even make a deal with the Devil if it helped.

(( I leave it up to you what he learns. ))

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"I'm not sure if we can remove that one...it's a awfully deep one lad..." Doctor Thompson admitted nervously. "You're welcome, I'm sorry I can't give you all the answers but these are my best guesses. I'll do my best to figure something out with these strange pills."

It took time, days...even weeks to a month to get information. David would hear from a couple of people that they heard some sort of conversation in the warehouse where John Doe was found but no one stuck around to really hear anything. The rumors of the city's vigilante being there were more confirmed. As for the pills, Doctor Thompson found they were...strange. No type of medicine he had seen and while he was still trying to learn more about them, he came into work one day to find them gone and was informed that the higher ups had confiscated some things from several doctors. He just happened to be one of them. The poor man apologized to David and told him that he would do his best to get them back to continue researching them.

For all of David's work, no one had really seen John Doe before, even after all this time there seemed to be nothing that showed him prior to being found at the warehouse. Almost like they didn't exist or just disappeared for long enough that no one had a record that was connected.. The media had calmed down the Beastblood thing, still no sighting of the super villain. David did learn that abandoned warehouse was near part of Beastblood's turf though, so it seemed like a good idea to search for some of the beast's goons.

Johnathan's original disappearance was still odd. He would show up on cameras on the street and in the building where he worked the day he disappeared. He seemed to be in his usual spirits, but...Johnathan was decent at hiding some things. David would notice after the reveiw of the footage how his brother paced in the elevator for a meeting at a different building. Suitcase in hand, Johnathan wasn't usual the ones sent to do meetings. The one time he did and he just disappears. The cameras would catch him leaving looking in better spirits and the last footage of him was the man entering the parking lot. Disappearing into his car that was found in the parking lot of his work place. The outside cameras were down that day though, so they didn't record anything.
"Is this still...necessary?" John asked Allen, feeling a bit unnerved with the strange person who always loomed outside of his room.

It was very hard to just...ignore that person. It made John feel a weird way...like..like he'd been watched like that before. Shuddering, he tried to ignore it. On top of this uncomfortable feeling, John had been finding it hard to stomach food lately. He had freaked out when he couldn't find the pill bottle that David gave to the doctor. He was suppose to take it whenever he felt...weird. Now he felt weird, he'd been feeling weird for the past week.

"Are...are you sure we can't find it?" John asked, scratching at his neck.

Of course he was referring to his 'medicine'. Allen would've noticed that John was more anxious, more jumpy. that had been growing over the past week but now..he looked like a rabbit that was about to rush out of a collapsing burrow.

Offline Naisiskhrae

• View Profile
Although plastic surgery can do wonders, it can not do miracles. When Doc. Thompson said that scar might be too deep to remove, David grimaced a little before nodding. He thanked the doctor.

This was turning out to be more mysterious the more he looked into it. But when the pills were confiscated, it took a darker turn. Why would anyone be interested in them or Johnathan, for that matter? Again he thanked the doctor., with this being just one more mystery to add to all the rest.

It seemed the more he looked, the more mysterious it became. Although there were the expected deadends, there were paths that seem to vanish. It was beginning to sound like one of those mystery novels he has read. The only solid lead was that the warehouse was near one of Beastblood's hangouts, so David had a few of his henchmen picked up for questioning. He, even when over the footage of Johnathan's disappearance to see if he missed anything. Although nothing new showed up, many coincidences became very apparent, such as the failed cameras. Too many to be just a coincidence.

David paid and dismissed the security officer when Johnathan complained, explaining, "with all that was happening, I just wanted you to be safe."

"Your pills," David rubbed the back of his neck, "That is my fault. I gave them to Doc. Thompson to find out what they were. They were - confiscated by some moran in management."

Giving Johnathan a serious look, David asked, "Where did you get those pills?" Something he should have asked a long time ago.

With all the weird stuff going on, David decided a little normality might be nice, a celebration of Johnathan's return. It has been over a month. He had Deborah fix a simple meal, compensating for Johnathan's new dietary restrictions. It was a simple affair, David, Johnathan, and the staff.

When everything was ready, David proposed a toast. Raising his glass, he said, "To Johnathan's one month return."

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
“I understand it just...makes me uneasy..” John explained.

They had been given away? John tugged at his shirt collar, feeling a tightness in his chest as he stood there. Now they were lost?

“So they’re just.... gone now?” John asked with a nervous glance. “It was in the brown paper bag with what I was wearing when I was brought into hospital. I don’t...”

He paused before he let out a long sigh, glancing away.

“I don’t remember where they came from before that.” John added.

Greeting ready for dinner had been... nerve wrecking. His stomach growled but truthfully he didn’t know if anything was going to stay down for more than a hour. Letting the sigh go, he tried to not dwell on it.

The food looked nice, smelled nice as well. He felt worse due to his doubts on being able to really stomach it. He was trying not to show it as David decided to do a toast. Sitting there, he blinked in confusion. How was he so sure...that...that he was this Johnathan? What if he wasn’t and the real one was out there?!

A few blinks left him before he gripped his glass of water. Hand shaking as he struggled with his words. Did he stand? Did...was he suppose to do a toast back?

“I...” John stammered as he glanced to David, trying to force his nervousness away. “I j....just...”

He had to say something right? Right?! His grip on the glass increased as he held it up slightly.

CRACK!!!!

The sound hit everyone’s ears first followed by John feeling cold water rush down his hand as well as...what...was that? The glass shattered in his grasp, breaking into several pieces that clattered to the table closest to him. His face paled greatly as he sat there, a dull sense of pain in his hand; it was mostly drowned out by the pain of his stomach

“I...I didn’t...” John stammered before grabbing his napkin and started to pick up the shards of glass.