Visionary Tales
If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

Fragments of the World Eater (Pendragon)

readlliea · 125 · 3008

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"I could give it a try." Duin answered. "I would be doing it on purpose this time.."

Unlike the other times he had done it, that made this feel different. Truth be told, he was always aware of that fire. Sometimes he could feel it in his chest just...sitting there. Waiting...eager to come out. Taking a few deep breathes, he tried to just will it out like that. Didn't work. How would he willingly make it happen though? Letting a hand rest against his chest, a confused expression came to his face.

"Yeah I....I'm just trying to figure out how to do this." Duin said, a weak smile leaving him as he looked to Dagny.

Looking away from her, he narrowed his brows. That feeling of being able to melt the metal was there yet...how could he get it to happen? Shifting his feet, he took a deeper breathe, trying to wake up that fire. Nothing. Why? Why wasn't that working? There was a feeling of frustration growing in him and that's when he felt it. The fire growing in his chest, it flared and it caught him offguard. Causing him to cough and some smoke to trail out of his mouth.

"Okay....I might need your help with this..." Duin started. "Annoy me or...or make me frustrated."

Offline PendragonXeno94

• The Hoarder of Notebooks
    • View Profile
Seeing him struggle with getting the fire out, Dagny shook her head as he tried again and again to bring it out, only to cough up smoke. When asked to get him frustrated, she sot him a confused glance before shrugging.

"Ok..." She sighed to herself, thinking what her mother would do if she were here. "Oh, you can't even get one little ember out of your mouth?" she asked, clearly not meaning by what she said, but hoped that it helped. "I thought you could breathe fire and the best you can do is cough up smoke? Alduin would be obliterated this chamber in a fraction of the time that you stood there trying to get some smoke to come out."

Well, she hoped that it helped.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"It always worked when I was mad...." Duin replied with a faint shrug.

At first, he didn't really feel anything towards her first sentence. But when that name came out, he felt something. Mainly the confusion he felt when Dagny's mother called him that, and when he heard a little more about this..Alduin, he didn't want to be called that. Then there was something else...something he didn't know what it was.

"Can we..not use that name..." Duin requested, a look of being uncomfortable was on his face.

Course...he did tell Dagny to make him frustrated so...she could very well keep up with the use of that name. As for Eldrin, the sound of someone arriving at his house caught his attention. A sigh leaving him as he rose from his spot, walking over to the door, and opening it slowly. A surprised look pulled at his features for a moment when he saw Eric and his wife. Though he sighed.

"If you guys were home why the hell did they go....oh daderic princes, I'm a idiot aren't I?" Eldrin said with a long sigh. "Look, I made them promise not to do anything crazy or dangerous. If there's any giant spiders for them to turn back and get their butts home, keep away from vampires and even more things."

Offline PendragonXeno94

• The Hoarder of Notebooks
    • View Profile
Dagny paused when Duin requested that she didn't say Alduin. "Sure. Sorry about that." Thinking it over, she stared at the wall before looking at him. "Should I step on your foot? Maybe that will help?"

---------
Erick rushed after Brenna as she stormed off. "Brenna, wait!" he called.

Once they reached Eldrin's house, Brenna turned to face him and sighed. "We were in town when they ran off," she said. "I came to bring them home and go get the sword myself."
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Letting a sigh go, Duin rolled his shoulders as he stood there. Thankful that she respected his request and didn't push the matter. Maybe when they weren't in a dangerous place, he'd explain that request. Still though...he had to figure this out. Taking a deep breathe, he tried to stir that fire to release it. He could feel it in there....it was there.  IT WAS IN THERE!!! But as he tried once more, he only coughed and sputtered out smoke.

"AAAAH I DON'T GET IT!!! I CAN FEEL IT IN THERE!!!" Duin yelled furiously, grabbing his hair and pulling slightly.

The smoke rolled out of his mouth in his displeasure. He was getting there just needed more push.
——————

“They’re...they’re already up there...” Eldrin stammered out. “ I I don’t know which way they entered it from..”

The werewolf spell caster didn’t know what to do. Course he was soon going to get roped further into the mess.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 04:01:20 AM by readlliea »