Visionary Tales
9/18/19: Visionary Tales is ELEVEN YEARS OLD! Happy birthday! Leave a post on the site today (anywhere!) as a gift to VT. It's a good day to catch up on replies. (;If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

Béni sois-tu Seigneur [M] && Petri

Offline Stace

• Executive Producer
  • Director
  • Help me.
    • View Profile
    • Vampire Fiction You Won't Hate
Read the first part of this RP on Old VT!  @CathedraPetri

Quote from: Petri's Last Post
Pomeroy nodded in response to the astonishment of Valère. He was not surprised by the paladin's astonishment. There were not too many children of devotion. At least not as many anymore. A few decades back, many parents were offering their children to the service of the church as an act of expiation in the midst of a severe famine, but times had changed and such an action was not longer in vogue for people to do to show their pity.

The cleric was from stock that did not any trappings of wealth and no wherewithal to sustained the life of a child, so, as an act of clemency for their newborn, Pomeroy's parents left the brought he child and devoted him to the service of God. His relationship was them was still somewhat close. They always did well to visit him on all the major feast days and he wrote letters of correspondence to his mother, but the diaconate of L'Iridiscence was the main player in his rearing.

"I would not call it tedious," Pomeroy replied. "I have rather enjoyed it so far." As enjoyable as life as a monk could have been. He sat pondering, still sipping his water nervously. His pale face reddened at the mention of temptations. "F-fantasies?" At the mention thereof, Pomeroy almost spat his water. "I mean, I will admit that I have been curious about things from time to time, but..." The young cleric did not know how to answer the question.

Valère

Valère straightened up a little, amusement tugging upwards at the corners of his lips as well. He looked Pomeroy over and then chuckled.

"Pray tell, dear Pomeroy, what curiosities have piqued your innocent mind's interest?" the knight asked. The bartender set down his fresh ale and took away the old cup, but he was too interested in Pomeroy's confession to turn away just yet. "It might be that I have had the experiences you've wondered about. Perhaps I could share some of my wisdom with you: a cautionary tale, a tale of entertainment?"

The knight winked and finally scooped up his mug without looking away from Pomeroy's adorable face. The cleric's shy demeanor and tendency to blush had him very much entertained. He put the mug down again and patted Pomeroy's face firmly, but not to hurt him. "Or perhaps that's a conversation best had in private." Valère winked and finally picked up his drink to gulp from once more.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 10:53:00 PM by Stace »
People are looking for YOU to role play with them!
Shop for the RP of your dreams on .

Offline matinsandvespers

• View Profile
If hitherto there had been a time in the cleric's life where he had been more rouged by embarrassment, he could not remember it. Here was Valère speaking with such suggestive candor in the midst of many men (and angels no doubt) about things which should only maybe be discussed in public. What was Pomeroy to do? He could not very well indulge in such a burlesque conversation topic. He felt as though he could feel the eyes of all who were present in the room lighting on him and bidding him give answer.

Indeed, there was a sordid delight in laics of the which Pomeroy had been told, whereby they were said to enjoy discovering the guilty pleasures and hidden sins of those who were pious. Like the joy of a man who had several notches on his belt deflowering a young virgin or a nagging woman finding a spot on the cassock of a priest. Here, Pomeroy, the poor soul, felt himself pinched. Should he renege his statement? Should elude this quagmire with a tergiversation. The cleric just sat with eyes cast downward and his hand folded in his lap -- perhaps because he did not know what to do with his hands and perhaps because he had something that he needed to cover up with said hands.

"I... am very happy with my life thus far, and I have no reason to regret any of the vows which I have taken." His response was timid but resolute. Nerves had parched his throat, and the room felt so hot to him that he feared an whole ocean would not be able to cool him. "Excusez-moi. Puis-je s'il vous plaît avoir plus?" He hoped calling upon the waiter for more water would give him a chance to the subject to something more palatable and less embarrassing.

"But, perhaps that is enough about me. What made you want to go into the Palatine Order?" One could tell that his voice still had flustered notes in it. "If you wanted to be a part of the armed forces, seeing as we are in peacetime, your life certainly would have been easier." While Valère made his response, Pomeroy pulled at he collar of his alb as if to let out the calor from within.

Offline Stace

• Executive Producer
  • Director
  • Help me.
    • View Profile
    • Vampire Fiction You Won't Hate

Valère

Valère took notice of Pomeroy's reluctance to respond to his question, gaze swiping over the reddened cheeks of his comrade. What amusement he had experienced because of Pomeroy's embarrassment was replaced by a slight frown as the knight took his gaze off of the cleric for the sake of giving him some privacy. He'd gone too far, he realized. At the very least, out in the open, where this young companion already felt uncomfortable, was not the place to pry at Pomeroy's innocence, which was only further confirmed by his inability to voice those curiosities Valère had asked him to confess.

So by the time Pomeroy had changed the subject, he was not the only one of the two of them looking for something new to talk about. Unfortunately, this subject was not one Valère had any interest in discussing. On top of a new wave of guilt from his treatment of his companion, the mention of his reason for becoming a paladin was enough to chisel in an even deeper frown. He let silence hang between them as he picked up the mug and downed the rest of it. Valère didn't look at Pomeroy again as he got up.

"Let's go back to the room," he said quietly, his voice a bit grumbly. Finally, he looked Pomeroy in the face, taking his arm in his rough palm. His voice fell to barely a whisper. "I have something I need to confess to you."

People are looking for YOU to role play with them!
Shop for the RP of your dreams on .

Offline matinsandvespers

• View Profile
Confess? Confessing to Pomeroy most certainly would do Valère no good whatsoever. For one thing, Pomeroy was not even fully ordained into the ministry as a clairvoyant. Though he had been officially assigned to a paladin, until the two of them reached Fatima for the grand ordination, Pomeroy would remain among the class of les acolytes. That was a stones throw from being able to have authority to hear confession. Only those who possessed the curate -- that is, prêtres, had sacramental power to meritoriously hear auricular confession, prescribe penances and grant absolution. Even when ordained, it would take quite some time, except by some extraordinary turn of events that Pomeroy would be so speedily endued with such sacerdotal authority.

"Confession?" Pomeroy stammered out a response? The statement took the cleric off guard. It was quite random turn of events; not only because of what has been described above, but because one did not typically go from drinking and innuendo to a need to disembosom one's pet sins. Though clerical types did tend to have that effect on people.

Nevertheless, Pomeroy had no reason to refuse, and he would have felt far safer alone in the room with Valère than out in a tavern with strangers who tossed him suspicious glances from the corners of their eyes. Here the cleric felt out of place proportional to the contrast of his bright white alb against the sea of tavern apparel.

"Monsieur Sauvageau," Pomeroy began once the door to their inn chamber was shut upon them, "as your companion, I will by no means object to you getting some things off your chest; but, I would remind you that I am merely an acolyte. I possess no authority to grant absolution." Seeing has how Pomeroy's glittering image of paladin's was partially shaken from seeing one drink for the first time, he was not sure how informed Valère was about the diversity of ranks and tiers that existed in the the Holy Order of St. Jérémie. "But, please, go ahead. If there is anything that is bothering you I would like to help you in the best way that I can."