Visionary Tales
If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

[M]y Jolly Sailor Bold

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Sirius would follow her without hesitation, getting into the boat. the man would cast a glance over his shoulder toward the island they were leaving behind. He could feel his heart beating in his chest and slowly he relaxed, a sigh leave him as he sank a bit.

"That was more stress than I needed..." Sirius remarked. "We might have a head start for a little bit, depends on how long it takes the crew to fetch Ripper.."

Sirius knew that things on the ship were going to be bad...Ripper was injuried and their fury was at the front. The doctor pitied the crew that was going to have to deal with that fool.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• The Hoarder of Notebooks
    • View Profile
"Shh..." Marina had Sirius lie on his back as the dolphins were pulling them along. "Long while. Sleep." She kissed his cheek again as she moved to lay down next to him. She ran a hand through his hair as she tried to keep her eyes open.
-----
The crew eventually brought Ripper back to the ship as he began to fly into a fit of rage.

"Damn it all!" he screamed. "I told ye lot to get me that sodding mermaid!" He began throwing anything he could get his hands on and shoved barrels to the side. "And if that blasted Sirius gets her to life his curse and leave us to our fate, I'm going to-"

"Cap'n, please," one crew member said. "You need to calm down. Maybe Sirius..."

Ripper's hand slapped across his face.

"I don't see ye gettin' after 'em!"
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Right..." Sirius muttered, as much as sleep sounded good...he couldn't shake the bad feeling he had.

Still he did try his best to fall asleep.
-----

"Captain I need you to st..." Arrow started but he ducked as the captain procedded to throw things.

The young man was no surgeon but he knew how to at least treat a wound and bandage it. The eye was a bad spot and there was no doubt that sight in that one was gone for good; not that the young man was gonna tell his captain that part. Things were seriously getting out of hand..Ripper's outbursts were becoming more frequent and that didn't include how weird they'd act when left alone with the pearl. Course, Arrow wouldn't say anything about that.

"The ship's been put on course after em from what I heard Captain, we'll catch up easily to them." Arrow said; wishing to appease Ripper's fury. "Sir, did you still wish to have your injury treated? I just need ye to hold still.."

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Ripper continued to throw anything he got his hands on, cursing everyone and even nearly throwing some of his crew overboard. "To hell with me eye! It's the mermaid..."

He nearly picked up the pearl and went to throw it overboard.

"Cap'n, the pearl!" someone someone shouted.

Ripped looked down at his hand and huffed, trying his best to take deep breaths as he sat down.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
They were really losing it...at this point, Arrow was expecting to see fur and teeth. Their mind was really going considering they picked up the pearl and almost threw that thing like a ball!!! Thankfully, someone else stopped him from doing such a thing. Arrow gave a sigh of relief.

"We're following them Captain...and at the same time, we're keeping an eye out for any other merfolk in the area. Either we catch up an get them, we find a new one, or hey we get both things. that be impressive." Arrow said, hoping that his words wouldn't offend the captain more. "We just need to have our heads together, we still need you for this as well sir....please...just take your time. If you decided you want me to help your eye, I'll do so."

Arrow made a move to leave the Captain be if he'd allow it.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Ripper was about to let his teeth and fur grow until he heard Arrow say that they were trying to catch up to them. He sighed, finally sitting down and resting his chin on his fists. "Help with my eye, will ye?"

How could he have almost thrown the pearl overboard? How could he have been so consumed with rage?

Damn Sirius...
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"At once, Captain." Arrow replied with a nod.

Immedeatly picking up the supplies he had brought in with him. It was a question as to why Ripper had almost thrown the Peral, at this point though Arrow was about willing to say fuck the pearl and yeet it off the ship. Maybe that would please the sea witch that cursed it? It being back in the water? Still, Arrow set to work to disinfect the wound; knowing full well that telling the captain this would hurt would mean nothing. So he didn't bother to. Once he was done cleaning up the drying blood, he wrapped up a small portion of their head in order to cover up the eye.

"There we are, should be able to remove it in the afternoon given how fast healing works with this....affliction of ours." Arrow said. "Need anything else from me, Captain?"

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Ripper allowed Arrow to dress his wound. He didn't need to have anyone tell him that he could no longer see out that eye; he already knew. Being half blind meant nothing to him. Getting Maria to the sea witch and lifting their curse was all that mattered at this point.

"Nah," he said. "Just leave me be."

He returned to his quarters, pearl in hand. Sitting at his desk, he looked it over again, its singing louder than ever.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Arrow nodded and swiftly left the room. The lad only breathed a sigh of relief when he was back on the deck of the ship, the air moving past him as it carried the salty sea air with it. Being out in the open away from the captain helped to ease his nerves. Ripper's singing reached him though and he moved farther away, noticing some of the crew working on their tasks.

"Please tell me you have some sort of story to kill off this negative mood? "arrow asked as he paused at the mast where some of hte crew were at.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
"Sorry, mate," one of the crew called. "Can't waste no time in swappin' tales right now."

Another crew member poked his head out of the crow's nest. "Come up, then!"

The rest glared at him as he waited for Arrow to join them.

"What? We all need a breather from the cap'n."
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Arrow sighed.

"And what are we doing then?" Arrow asked, raising a brow.

Being called up to the crow's nest wasn't the most enjoyable place but in order to get the glares to stop, Arrow figured it was best to go up there. Thus, the young man manuvered his way up there and paused once at the top with the other mate.

"Alright, what scheme you got in mind? We can't exactly leave the ship as it stays on course." Arrow questioned.