Visionary Tales
If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

Beauty was the Beast (w/ readilliea)

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"I did, more than likely how sore I was helped me fall asleep faster." Inle answered with a small nod. "Thank you for..letting me stay. I honestly didn't think that anyone lived out this far but, my own lack of knowledge of this town is probably why I thought that."

Sure he lived here for a good amount of his life but that didn't mean his adoptive parents hadn't told him everything about the place. Though he so far wasn't thinking of the local rumors or the scary stories he was told to make sure he behaved. With the food offered that he could eat, he gave a kind smile before taking another drink from his glass.

"Sorry bout the whole...can only eat sugary things. I do promise I won't go through everything." Inle added, chuckling lightly as he tried to make some humor for the moment.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• The Hoarder of Notebooks
    • View Profile
"Good."

Amaryllis sat in her spot still, watching his every move and shaking her head when he promised he go through everything. "It's fine. I can't remember the last time I had anything sugary." With her curse, she didn't quite crave it like she did before. But seeing someone like him... did bring a little joy to her. But she wasn't exactly sure how he would react if she told him.

"Well, since you'll be staying until your wing heals, there are a few gardens that you could explore. The roses are in full bloom this year." As she got up, the light just showed a sliver of her face to him. Realizing he saw her, she quickly flew out of the room and hid among the exposed ceiling beams.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Gardens sound nice." Inle replied, giving a more relaxed smile.

Thogh when the small bit of light hit her, Inle found she was swiftly gone. Taking a step forward, he was going to urge her to stay put but he found the words unable to leave him. A sigh left him as he stood there alone, swirling the cup of sugar water in his hands before finishing it off. This was going to be a tricky recovery, he could already feel it.

He hadn't the heart to chase after her to make her come back, she fled the room for her own reason and maybe she was just uncomfortable. She moved so fast though..faster than what he was used to seeing. It didn't help that he wasn't prepared or trying to pry when part of her face was revealed, so he didn't even get a good look. Letting his bony shoulders hang, he shook his head.

"I'll just have to figure something out.." He muttered.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
As she hid in the shadows, Amaryllis began to hyperventilate a little as she looked down below her with widened eyes. She couldn't let him see her. He would just run away if she did. She must have scared him with what little of her face was revealed by the light.

"Mistress, come down," called Lapis. "You're overreacting."

"I'll just stay here for a bit."

Sighing in frustration, Lapis let her be before shaking her head.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Inle didn't know what to do. He was in a room alone with no real idea of where anyone else had gone. The servants might talk with him or they might not but none of them were in here.  And while he was free to explore the gardens, that didn't mean there were places he shouldn't go here. What to do? What to do? He was so much better when he had something to follow...taking a deep breathe, he merely took a seat in a chair. POndering what he should do.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
After a couple hours, Amaryllis finally moved back to where she could stand by his door just out of his line of sight. "I apologize for this morning," she said. "No one outside the castle has seen me in this state in years." She didn't dare tell him how she came to look the way she did; he would either dismiss her as insane or just run off. That was what everyone else did. Though, she could have sworn that he tried to get a good look at her.

"If you'd prefer, I can... show myself briefly. I hope my appearance doesn't disturb you..."
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Inle had eventually gone back to his room, taking a seat in a chair when he wasn't pacing around or trying to occupy his time through some means. So when the voice of the mistress er...owner of this castle came through the air, the moth man sat up quickly. Wincing as he felt the pain in his shoulder blade despit not having his wings out.

"There's no reason to apologize, you have the right to not be seen if that's your wish. This is your home, your rules." Inle tried to comfort.

While he did want to see what his mysterious helper looked like, he could understand the desire to keep things hidden. Like him and his wings, they gave him unwanted attention. And he was certain she didn't want attention on her. For different reasons no doubt. So he gave her the most reassuring and kind smile that he could; even though he couldn't see her, it was directed for her.

"You needn't do something you're uncomfortable with, we've only just met and my wing will take time to heal." Inle answered. "I don't wish to make you uncomfortable in your own home or put you through internal stress that you don't need to go through. Tell you what, when you're certain your ready and are positive that you feel comfortable revealing yourself to me, I'll be here to see. Okay?"

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Amaryllis sighed. "Alright... I will show myself once I'm ready." He seemed to understand how she felt, even if she knew he was curious about her appearance. "Perhaps in a few days' time, I might show myself. But for now, you'll have to settle with my voice."

Maybe it would help him not be afraid of her once he finally saw her.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Inle smiled with a light chuckle.

“Sounds just fine by me.” Inle replied. “So got any ideas for something interesting to do round here? I may deal with books a lot but that doesn’t mean I like staying in place.”

His tone was light and gentle still, hinting that he was merely trying to be humorous.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
She chuckled to herself at his attempt at humor. "The gardens are in bloom as I've said before. There's a library that spans four floors in the north wing. A conservatory sits by the garden. We have an observatory on the roof just above the library."

Really, he could find enough to do to evade boredom. "There's also a ballroom if you want to dance alone." She tried her best not to be saddened over the mention of the ballroom. She couldn't remember the last time she was able to dance in that room without rushing out because she caught her reflection in one of the many mirrors in that room.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"I recall the gardens." Inle responds with a nod.

He hadn't forgotten that, he just wanted more options. Gardens were pretty; though some part of him would feel tempted to eat a flower to taste test it. That would be embarrassing. Still it was nice to hear the soft chuckle, as low was it was since it was more to herself than him.

"Ah I can't dance, my wings make it hard even when they're hidden. It feels so weird and uncomfortable that they just burst out andd then hehe, more problems." Inle explained nervously.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
As he made a comment about not being able to dance well due to his wings, she shook her head. "You just need someone who knows how to be able to teach you," she said. Pursing her lips for a moment, she kept her eyes on him. "I don't think any of the servants found out your name for me..."

Knowing that it wouldn't help her if he was to stay and she never learned his name...
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Oh my apologizes, I'm Inle." he said. "There wasn't much time to give it last night I fear."

A weak chuckle left him as he stood there. It was true, his name hadn't been asked and it had slipped his mind. Granted pain and weakness from his injury had been part of why he had forgotten.

"Perhaps...though, the powder that gets everywhere when they emerge is certainly annoying." Inle adds with his chuckle.  "It's funny, I've had them all my life and I still struggle with controling em. Sometimes they have their own mind it feels like."

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
"Hm." She pondered over his name before continuing. "Mine is Amaryllis." Honestly, she hated her name. Her mother wanted her to have a more unique, rather feminine name. And of course, she was always teased for it by the other nobles' children, causing her to fly off the handle quite a bit.

As he told her the powder would be everywhere if he had his wings out, she shook her head and chuckled. "Oh, the servants will get used to it," she said lightly.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Quite a elegant name, must be a bit of a handful." Inle replied.

Inle was a strange name, people knew automatically that he wasn't from here. Sure his last name fit more but that was due to the last name being that of his adopted parents, they knew changing his first name would be more hassle than it was worth. So it was just one of the things that showed he wasn't from these parts.

"Well my wings do heal better when I keep them inside of me, so I'm going to try and keep them in. Plus I don't wish to cause your staff any unnecessary problems or issues." Inle added.