Visionary Tales
If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

Beauty was the Beast (w/ readilliea)

Offline PendragonXeno94

• The Hoarder of Notebooks
    • View Profile
Her cheeks darkened as he complimented her name. "Oh... thank you..." She couldn't remember the last time anyone had something genuinely nice to say about her name. But then again, hardly anyone showed her much kindness growing up.

At his comment about not wanting to cause a mess for her staff, she smiled. ""They've cleaned worse, I'm sure." Really, his powder was probably easier to clean than the carcasses of animals she would drag in to eat.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"You're welcome." Inle said.

However the man winced as he felt a tug in his back, speak of the devil his wings were getting tired of being stuck in there. Course he was very experienced with keeping them in and it was the first time they shifted about in him. A small breathe left him as he rotated the attached shoulder.

"True...it's like glitter though, once it gets somewhere it gets everywhere and even after cleaning, it likes to stay behind somehow." Inle adds. "My house is like a powder room."

A laugh left him, seeing as how he saw the state of his adopted mother's powder room well...he was pretty sure it was close enough.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Amaryllis laughed slightly. Silly man.

"Well, it would still better to have powder everywhere than blood and guts." She hoped she didn't give too much away for saying that. Well, at least he couldn't see her facial expression twist into one of disappointment and disgust towards herself.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Well at least blood and guts potentially came from hunting game for food or the fur for warmth or even a means to provide income for one's self." Inle responded sincerly yet without a issue at all. "Now yes, if it's a murder from a attacker or a innocent it's not a good thing. However if it's used for the reasons above, it's much more acceptable and easier to deal with as it's something done through cleaning the animal or preparing it for other means."

A shrug left his bony shoulders.

"My....father...was a bit of a hunting enthusiast. Sure he did hunt for food despite being a nobleman but there was another reason to his hunts, he kind of had to. It wasn't explained very well too me but I'm guessing he suffered from something, perhaps a type of lycanthropy or just a supernatural insticnt that refused to be tamed. So he was often the one to go hunting and brought back things that he or my mother would eat. Sometimes he gave the spoils to the few friends they had or a random person." he added.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Well... Amaryllis made a point to only hunt animals. She certainly wouldn't take it out on some poor passerby. But as Inle told her how his father liked to hunt, she crossed her legs for a moment. So his father was a werewolf? She chose to hold her tongue for the time being.

"I wouldn't say I'm a hunting enthusiast, but my mother was. She would go out most mornings just to get out of the castle. My father was... less than tolerable some days."
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 10:13:03 PM by PendragonXeno94 »
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"I see, sometimes my mother hated how sometimes he'd come back all torn up or he'd return with something less...ediable than other times. I can remember one time he brought something back that was toxic it you eat it to certain species and mother was one of them. So it made her mad. I think that incident was what made her have staff check whatever he brought back in the lower levels." Inle said, a small shrug leaving him. "Other than those rare incidents, it wasn't too bad. I got used to rare glimpse of him slinking down the stairs with blood trailing after him."

Though it always made him a bit scared. IF his father truly had lycanthropy, didn't that mean they would go out of control in that form? Inle never saw what their father's other form was...just knew that the excessive hunting despite their wealth, was a key point.

"Course, due to my fragility, I could never partake in hunts. Or anything as dangerous." Inle added, moving the topic along. "It might've made him happy though, he never once asked me if I wanted to go with him. I can remember asking one time and I got a really...scary look that meant absolutly not."

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
"Oh, I see..." She couldn't exactly say that she knew his father, but she wondered what he must have gone through if he was truly cursed. Shaking her head, she continued. "I don't blame him for not wanting to take you along if he was concerned for you."

She stretched her wings, looking around for a moment. "What all did you do while your father was away? Surely, your mother did things with you to spend quality time."
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
“That and I didn’t have a strong interest in it.” Inle replies. “Oh we did a lot of things. Reading, me watching her bake, and sewing. All the mended clothes in that household called for it.”

A father who transformed into something and a child with wings. Clothes modification was heavily needed.

“What about you?” Inle asked.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
"I... never really spent time with my parents. They were so busy with everything else that they sometimes forgot that I existed." Amaryllis knew her parents loved her, but they were so... consumed with things at times. Her mother wanted to be away from her father more than anything, though it usually left a young Amaryllis to her own devices. Something that would help lead her to current situation.

"When I did get to spend time with my parents, we usually just stayed in the library or go to the garden."
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"oh...I'm...sorry to hear that..." Inle said slowly, not sure on what he could add onto it.

Truth be told, she at least knew her biological parents. He didn't..his parents that raised him, they adopted him. Honestly he wanted to see what his real parents looked like, how they acted...who they were. But that was a silly long off dream.

"Well, places that are normally quiet and peaceful are good places to go with family to." Inle started, still trying to figure out words to say. "Well, Amaryllis. What would you like to do next? Staying one room is hardly a way to spend a day, even for someone in recovery."

He gave a smile to her, showing that he had good intentions with his words.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Hearing his inquiry about what she wanted to do next, Amaryllis paused and felt her heart skip a beat. "Um... I'm not sure. Was there anything you had in mind?"

Honestly, it surprised her that he was so friendly and hadn't been scared away yet. She grew all the more hopeful.

As she around some light coming in, she miscalculated and some of her scarred face was illuminated. It was only for a moment, but then she realized what happened and she shrank away from the light and cowered in the cower.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 08:35:49 PM by PendragonXeno94 »
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Truthfully I don't know either....kind of just unsure at the moment." Inle answered, a weak shrug leaving him.

when the light hit her and he saw part of her face, he was caught offguard. He hadn't expected that. The damage done to her...how had it happened? He felt his heart sink as he stood there, watching her whirl away from him. What could do such a thing to her?

"Amaryllis? You alright?" Inle asked as he took a couple of steps toward her, a thin hand extended forth that would try to gently rest on her shoulder if he was able to.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Even as Inle tried to reach to rest his hand on her shoulder, she shrank away some. "I-I'm fine," she said. "Sorry I frightened you."

Her knees were pulled against her chest as she looked up at him. If he got close enough to her, he would see that her face was covered in scars as was most of her body. She pulled her long, dark hair to cover her face as she felt her heart racing. She tried to protest, with only a lump getting caught in her throat.

"I..."
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Inle would pause when he'd watch her pull away, he wasn't going to force his attempts to comfort her. that probably wouldn't help if he did. What to do? He'd been asking himself that repetitively since being here.

"I wasn't expecting it, no harm done. It's all okay." Inle told her gently as he took a seat. "It's okay, you don't have to say anything if you don't have the words or don't want to."

What to do...he hated that question so much right now. Why was it so hard to come up with a plan or idea?

"Hey, how about I introduce you to my father? I'm sure he'd like to meet the person who saved my life." Inle offered.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Amaryllis glanced up at him as he told that she didn't have to say anything. She sighed to herself as silence fell between them. She finally locked eyes on him when he offered to introduce her to his father.

"I can't leave like... this," she said. "The last time I tried to leave, a few men attacked me." She pulled the sleeve down from her shoulder to showcase the burn on it. "They gave me this as I tried to get away."
The dragon becomes me...