Visionary Tales
If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

The Spy[m]aster

Offline Kei

• View Profile
She could feel the awestruck feeling coming from the man she pulled along with her and smiled to herself because this was exactly how she'd reacted the first time she'd stumbled upon this place as well. She tilted her gaze back to him after a while when he finally spoke up again it was to ask about a special place here and she only grinned. "Oh there are a few places, here I'll show you." She excused herself quietly from the friendly crowd and gently pulled him with her down another alleyway before pressing her hand against the stone again and opening up another path.

From the moment they stepped through it was clearly different from where they been. For one it was nighttime and they were up on a cliff instead of the daytime busy marketplace. Once the door closed behind them they were surrounded by thousands of stars and a warm breeze with the scent of the ocean carried on it. She pulled him further and settled them down into long grass that was an off shade of dark lilac purple and smelled like apples. She released his hand then once she got him to sit down next to her and urged him to be still.

It wasn't long before little sparkling lights started floating up from the ground and down from the sky around them. They lit the colors in Evanna's eyes and seemed to be the stars coming down to greet them. She spoke quietly to him, though she was clearly distracted by the view around her. "This is Starlight Peak, it's one of the most magical places in the land. Only certain people can even find it as it takes a certain kind of magic. It's always night-time here and the stars shine brightly, singing to those souls that know how to listen." She never took her gaze off the sky even as she ran a gentle hand down his arm without really realizing it. There was something familiar in the movement though if she'd realized she was doing it she'd have stopped herself.

The world seemed to hum around them and the intimacy of the place made it easy to believe they were the only two people in the world. Eventually she dropped her hands into the grass again before dropping onto her back to look up through the grass into the starlit sky above. She loved this place so much, and if nothing else came from this annoying man, at least she'd gotten to visit here again.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• The Hoarder of Notebooks
    • View Profile
As he was pulled along once again, Isao quietly followed until they reached a cliff and there was nothing but a sea of stars around them and the smell of the sea and apples. He stayed perfectly still as sparkling lights surrounded them. His eyes remained on the sky as he felt her hand run down his arm.

Perhaps she wasn't as callous as before?

At any rate, he slowly moved to lie on his back and he simply took it all in. This place was certainly beautiful and he couldn't feel any more content. "This place makes you forget about the outside world," he said softly. "I wouldn't mind coming back here to meditate."

With everything that happened within the last few hours, he couldn't help but feel as though he and this woman were fated to meet one another.

"I have something for you." Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out what looked like a small compass with the north star covering most of its face, repurposed as a necklace. There were only a few of them, and he had one. "Should you ever need aid, whisper 'Watashi no tasuke ni kite, gado' and help will come." Of course, it would ruin the surprise if he told her what would happen if she did that.

*the wearer of the necklace is basically saying "come to my aid, guardian"*
The dragon becomes me...

Offline Kei

• View Profile
Evanna realized her mistake in being so kind to the man as his commentary began again. Oh for the love of freedom what was he suddenly in love with her or something? This was ridiculous. Maybe it was an Oni thing, who knew. Still, it was only for tonight so she could deal with it. "Well...you need to know the path in order to get here as well as a certain type of magic to open the door. It's not somewhere everyone can get to. It's a place meant to soothe a worried heart and ease the burdens of life. Gift showed me the way." Speaking about her familiar made a gentle smile flit across her face for a moment before she shook her head and looked back up to the sky.

She didn't want to encourage him but something told her he was stubborn and she'd have to leave before he'd take the hint and leave her alone. This thought was proven correct when he suddenly offered her a compass looking necklace. She rose an eyebrow at him, feeling the magic in the item, before rolling her eyes. "I don't need anything from you for giving you a bit of time, you know. Kindness doesn't come with a price, after all." And clearly he thought she'd be nicer to him if he gave her gifts, it was frustrating. Well whatever. She started at him at his offered gift and understood the offer of protection and assistance for what it was. She didn't want to lead him on as she wasn't that sort of woman so she shook her head. "That is a gift best given to someone precious and that isn't me."

She shook her head and rose gracefully back to her feet, the warm breeze lifting her short hair slightly as she shut her eyes and lifted her face towards the sky and stars. This was the core of her magic and she loved to just bask in it sometimes.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• The Hoarder of Notebooks
    • View Profile
He smiled softly. While he knew that he would likely not be able to return unless she helped him come back, he was glad to at least experience this place. Even if it was just once.

Seeing her roll her eyes at the gift and hearing her say that it was only for someone precious did sting a little. He let out a soft huff, knowing he had his work cut out for him. "It's not that kind of gift," he said. "You're the first person in years that I actually consider a friend. That's why I want to give this to you." Well, while he knew she was someone special, he didn't want to take her to bed right away or try to sweep her off her feet.

Dropping his gaze, he took a deep breath. Really, he knew she thought little of him, but her reaction was completely unnecessar. "Look. I know we started on the wrong foot. I know what I said made me sound like an idiot. But even if we only stay friends, that's more than enough for me." He brought his gaze back up. "Did I speak plainly enough for you?" He kept the necklace in his hand, obviously hesitant about putting it away.
The dragon becomes me...