Visionary Tales
9/18/19: Visionary Tales is ELEVEN YEARS OLD! Happy birthday! Leave a post on the site today (anywhere!) as a gift to VT. It's a good day to catch up on replies. (;If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

[M]y Jolly Sailor Bold

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Maria had already started to fall asleep. But she opened her eyes when she felt his body jolt up. "Hmm?" She moved her head away from his shoulder and turned her body so she could face him more. "Sirius?"

Stroking his hair, she wondered if he needed more rest. It was all he seemed to want since she brought him here. How much longer would it be before he was on the mend?
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"I can't think...my head..." Sirius responded, his shoulders shaking slightly as he took a deep breathe. "I feel so...weird. I don't want to sleep, I've been doing...nothing but it. And yet...I can hardly keep my eyes open."

Slouching forward slightly, he just kept his face in his hand. Feeling so drained and so tired despite having been out of it for three days. However his hair started to turn white as he sat there, even growing a little longer as well! The black lines in his eyes seemed to spread as well, turning the entire whites of his eyes black once more. His chest started to ache as he sat there, a dull throbbing that was only barely registering due to his poor state.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Maria quickly pulled her hand back as Sirius's hair grew and turned white his eyes turning black. "Sirius?!" She frantically put both hands on his chest, letting the aura grow stronger than before. She couldn't let him change again!

"Sirius?" she cried, not realizing how much of her magic she was using. It all felt like a blur as she focused all her energy on saving him. Her aura grew so bright, she yelped as it blinded her briefly. Soon, after what felt like an eternity, her magic gave out and she collapsed onto the floor. Only her chest rose and fell with each, heavy breath.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Her voice didn't reach his ears as his eyes were closing, drifting off into a sleep that his tired body was putting him through. However the dull pain he was feeling intensified as he felt the magic pouring into his chest, causing his eyes to open and a pained, surprised groan to leave him. Moving a hand away from his face, he clutched his chest as he found it harder to breathe with so much magic pouring into him from that spot. A heavy pressure being distrubted through his chest as his heart sped up, the would he had suffered becoming agitated as he felt something in his throat. A few panicy breathes left him before he started coughing, spitting out somewhat congealed blood onto the wood floor.

That was the only thing he could recall. Having slumped over and collapsed when Maria's magic gave out, his chest rose and fell unsteadly. Even as he came to later in the day, that pressure seemed to still be wrapped around his heart. Causing him to cough as he tried to take in even breathes. Pushing himself up on shaky arms, the taste of blood registering in his mouth as he stared down at the blood he had coughed up hours ago.

"Mari...a..." Sirius rasped out, his voice more hoarse and rough.

The sound of his own voice made him reach for his neck, as if thinking something was wrong with it. But nothing was truthfully. His hair was still white however. His body was fair too weak to change despite all the magic poured into him. He was prevented from changing though that hadn't reversed it like it had last time.  His body was struggling with the state he should be in, struggling with the form it should be having. Looking over to where he last saw her, he would reach out a hand and placed it on her shoulder. Shaking her somewhat.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Maria hardly moved when she felt something shake her shoulder. Finally bringing herself up, she glanced up at Sirius before hanging her head. His appearance hadn't reversed like before. If nothing else, she prevented it from changing significantly.

Getting up on her feet, she shook her head and wiped a few stray tears away. "Sorry," she whispered. "So... sorry."

With that, she walked out the door to sit on the dock.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"M..ar...." Sirius tried to say quickly, failing at it as his voice failed him and she ran away.

Seeing that she was gone, he gave a sigh as he sank back down to the ground. Not able to hold himself up at the moment. When Maria did come back though, she'd find that he was more awake than he had been. Sitting up now as he had a hand to his chest, taking a deep breathe. Even with the magic gone by this point, his chest still felt like it had that pressure there. His white hair remained and slowly, he looked to her.

"Maria....com...come here..." Sirius urged. "Pl..please....i can..e.xpl....rugh.."

The man winced as pain went through his chest. Causing him to press his back against the object that was supporting him currently as he took in a deep breathe. Trying to ignore the pain.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Maria sat on the dock for some time, only getting up when she saw a few fish swimming by. She groaned in frustration when the fish swam away before she could grab them. Once she returned to Sirius, she saw that he was sitting up and looked more awake than he had been the entire time they've been on the island.

Sighing, she walked over and sat next to him. Fixing what he had his back against, she glanced at him and cast her eyes down for a moment. "Yes?" she asked sadly.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Removing  a hand away from his chest, he set it on her shoulder.  Trying to mask the look of pain on his face as he took a deep breathe.

"Not...your fault. My body's...not sure what form it should be in due to how...damaged it is. The curse...and my current state are to blame.." Sirius said, shuddering as he sat there. "Sorry...for worrying. Something that can't...be controlled.."

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Maria felt Sirius rest his hand on her shoulder. Looking to him, she nodded. Perhaps if he healed enough, his body wouldn't be as conflicted. But she rested her head on his shoulder and hugged his arm. Rubbing his arm a little, she knew that there wasn't much else she could do for him.

"How soon... will... you be healed?" she asked.
The dragon becomes me...