Visionary Tales
If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.UPDATE!! 5/16/19: Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

A broken Knight (Open)

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Cold winter air rushed past him, a pained groan left the man. He could feel the cold eating away at him, the blood oozed out of several wounds across his body. Underneath his helmet, his face contorted in pain and he gritted his teeth. Red liquid spilled onto the white snow, changing it's color as he struggled up the icy slope. His suit of armor held onto his frame, making noise as he struggled along, even more so when his balance faltered and he had to move quickly to regain his balance. Once more he planted his metal shoe on the ground and struck the icy earth with his sword, trying to use it to his advantage as he shuddered. Shaking form the cold and trying to pull himself upward more, there was a sound of metal breaking. His eyes went wide as his sword snapped in half, the damaged blade unable to take the strain he had been placing on it.

"n...NO!!!" The man cried as his whole balance gave.

His foot slipped to the side and as he hopelessly flailed his arms around, praying to whatever deity would even know of him being out here on this icy tundra. Praying for aid, praying that a God or Goddess would have some mercy on him. Already he was bleeding from battle, blood oozing out of him. He was certain that if he didn't freeze out here, he would bleed out. He didn't want to fall to his death. Attempts to fight the icy ground and cold air were foolish as all it did was stall the inevitable. The sensation of falling was the first thing that made him close his eyes. The sound of clanging metal and once in a while, he could feel more snow sneaking into his armor and touching his skin, further drenching his attire underneath. The clanging had gone on for what felt forever to him, the soft snow finally caught him. Allowing for him to slid to a stop and a groan to leave him as he laid there. Vision blurring as he laid there, all he saw was the white snow with specs of red a little away from him.

As his chest heaved up and down, he felt restrained far more than his armor normally did. His chest was being squeezed and he tried to take in a deeper breathe of air. Only to end up coughing and not succeeding in his desires. Attempting to sit up, he let out a cry as a horrible pain shot through his left leg and went up his sides. Falling back on his right side, he shook from the growing cold and a groan left him. He was going to die here...alone and in a frozen wasteland. The battle was lost and he had been unable to make it a success. Tears left his eyes, hidden by his helmet as he shook. Slowly, his eyes closed as he took a few heavy breathes that took more effort. Maybe...someday long into the future they would find him, he would surely freeze after all. Resigning to this, his eyes closed and he awaited for death in the darkness he gave himself.

There was a sound, a light one. At first, he ignored it. Thinking his mind was playing tricks on him. But as the sound continued, his mind focused on it further. Drip...drop, drip drop. Water...a droplet of water was falling and hitting the floor. The sound echoed faintly and he choose to open his eyes. Expecting snow, his dark reddish brown eyes went wide as he took in the insides of a cave that was glittering. Gold? Jewels?! Everything!! The knight attempted to sit up but the pain his body was in made him stop and a pained cry left him, causing him to lay back down on his back. Without the sound of metal, he felt around, his armor was off. Dressed in brown pants and various bandages along his torseo, chest, and arms. He raised his hands to find a few cuts that had stopped bleeding. Shaking slightly, the place was nice and warm. Though how had he gotten here? Why was their treasure here? Who or what bandaged him up? All he could do was mentally question himself as he laid there.

Offline Wolf

• View Profile
"You were out for quite some time... what happened to you out there?" Wolf had asked him expecting a simple answer from the wounded it was odd... Wolf has rarely seen people or saved them unless he was sure of them.

The cave was glittered with such treasures that he himself had no answer as too why he needed refuge from the snow, the cold, the temperature that consistently did not let up. Wolf eyed the man looking over his wounds carefully he wanted to make sure he did not miss any vital areas. Wolf had peered around for fire wood after gathering it he clasped against the wood to start a small fire that soon after much twisting the wood and throwing smaller pieces into the fire the flames grew, Wolf had stood next to the burning fire.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Huh?" the man asked, looking over to the man across from them.

The treasures around him were a shock, what kind of cave was this? Now he wasn't a greedy man, he didn't do this to get wealth or anything. He just..wanted to make things better. To keep the people he cared for safe.

"I....I'm not too sure, things feel a little blurry." The knight answered, rubbing his head.

The man concentrated a few moments, trying to recall how exactly the battle had gone. His head was starting to hurt as he sat there, hearing the sounds of metal clanging before he jerked, wincing in pain. Nope. Bad idea. He couldn't really recall what had happened. Just....combat...and blood.

"Who...who are you?" the knight asked.

Offline Wolf

• View Profile
The hybrid looked the Knight in his eyes their was a hint of anger at what he was before he rescued the knight he had spent hours contemplating as to why this had to happen to him why was he betred? "My name is Chris Wendell I thought to rescue you from your plight." Chris paused for a brief moment "The cave your looking at with treasure is a cave I protect from greedy men and women, for years they would plot ways of how to steal from this place so I had to think of a way on how to protect this place. But i wasn't always protective before this I was a lab rat for a man named Alfred Penny we had become good friends." He exhaled "So i thought until he tricked me into his experiment."

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
The look of anger made him lean back, feeling uneasy. What was this being? It was hard to say, hard to tell. Even with their story, the man felt uneasy.

"I don't want your treasure, Sir. I was down the mountain in battle..." the man started to reply. "I'm Liudhard, just a knight serving my king."

Forcing himself to sit up, he groaned. Feeling pain go through his whole body as he set his hand against his chest. His heart giving a few uneven beats as he tried to catch his breathe. Considering how he wasn't able to fully recall the battle and where he was, he knew he couldn't really trust anything out here.

"I'm sorry to hear that happened to you Chris." Liudhard started. "I thank you for saving me but, I'm afraid i don't know this Alfred Penny you speak of."

Offline Wolf

• View Profile
He didn't mean to fright the knight and this treasure was not his but was a little interesting was this king he spoke of "I apologise if I frightened you that was not my intention I'm sorry I put that on you my life is not your business forgive me. You said you were in a battle against you, who did you battle?"

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"It is fine." Luidhard replied, grimacing slightly. "My memory isn't cooperating sadly. I think I must've suffered one too many blows if my memory is so blurry."

Recalling anything was...difficult past the point of the battle. He knew why he went, to protect others. But what exactly it was for...he couldn't recall. Neither side honestly. Rubbing his eyes, he gave a tired sigh. Despite waking up, he felt drained.

"It should come back with time, hopefully soon." Luidhard added.

Offline Wolf

• View Profile
"If you can't remember then it doesn't matter if you've come for the treasure you can take it I trust you will put it to get use." He said the fire he started was still burning casting a shadow of the treasures and from them.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
A surprised look came to his face, causing a few blinks to leave the man. His dark reddish brown eyes even held confusion in them. Wait, why? Chris had just said that they were guarding this place, why give any of it to him?

"If you are guarding this, isn't it suppose to be off limits?" Luidhard asked, his look of surprise fading and being taken over with confusion. "The offer is generous, it's just....."

What would I do with any of it? I wouldn't take much but...I didn't earn any of this. Luidhard thought to himself.

Offline Wolf

• View Profile
"It's true I may be the guardian but I see no abusive traits in you and you did speak of a having a king I'm certain your king would be happy. Perhaps I will help you bring a lot of this treasure to your king for whatever his purpose for it maybe." Usually he won't have to decline but their was no reason he thought that maybe if he accompanies this man he can also help him in his next encounter should he be assaulted on his way back to his king.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"The king would be happy, considering it would be seen as a victory." Luidhard replied. "Perhaps not too much of it. I know that I'm not in much shape to head out and even when recovered, my strength won't be back to what it might've been prior to this."

Rubbing the back of his neck, the knight tried to think back on everything. Trying to recall details. It would be a while though before they could head out. His wounds needed time to heal, considering how many and how grave a few were.

"Might there be a sword in here somewhere though? I do recall mine snapping as I tried to climb the mountain to find shelter before, passing out." Luidhard asked.

Offline Wolf

• View Profile
Chris turned around and walked away for a few moments he had a weapon in case he needed it to combat a horde of greedy trespassers he walked back to the knight Luidhard looking over his shoulder to the outside the snow was becoming harsh with unfair winds. He knew that helping him return would be a difficult. But he had a trick that would get them there faster should they make the journey back after his wounds recover.

"I've seen how these winds tested people." The fire was getting low and he grabbed a stick and threw it into the fire again.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
With a brow raised, he watched the being leave before glancing over his shoulder. The raging storm outside wasn't looking good. Honestly, it was making him feel worse. He knew how that cold air felt as it beated on him when he was wearing armor. Slowly, he eased himself back down to the ground. Trying to contain the pained sounds that wanted to leave him.  His chest rose and fell at a slightly faster rate as a hand just laid over his chest, feeling the pain trying to die down. Still he did hear Chris when they returned.

"Mountains often test people....honestly I don't quite know what I was thinking. I just needed shelter at the time....and I knew that much." Luidhard replied, at least the fire was warm.

The fact that all his armor was gone as well as his shirt, he only had his pants on and some boots on his feet. Now the many layers of bandages were helping to keep his chest warm. The fire was a additional help as he laid there. Still the cold of winter even came through the cave despite the small fire, causing goosebumps to appear on his arms. It took a great deal of energy to not shudder. That would just make him hurt more.

Offline Wolf

• View Profile
"I'll return as soon as I am able. I placed the sword next to you and here this should help keep you warm." he laid his shirt over his chest and walked out of the cave their was something important that could speed up the process in aliment he walked 20 miles north before he saw a tree and was getting cold. The tree what was left on this tree was berries and a certain herb that only grew on this tree, the snowflakes covered Chris's back a little, the wind gave him no mercy, his eyes squinted, before he gathered them all and ran back to into the cave with little to no hassle. He mashed them the ingreidents together inside a bowl made from a coconut that he found before the winter approched. It was the only coconut to grow on any of those trees. "Take this it will restore your strength and make you feel better." he told him.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"I'll be here." Luidhard replied, taking a slow breathe in.

As Chris left, the man closed his eyes as he laid there. Trying to ignore the pain that would go through his body. Slowly he drifted asleep, feeling his mind slipping away as dreams took him over. The sound of clashing steel in his mind echoed through the black as his eyes were closed, sleep pulling him closer to something. It echoed within, feeling like it had no true source for where it was coming from. The black void gave him no aid as hte sound grew louder and louder. Resulting in him putting his hands against his ears as he tried to block it out. Yet a glimmer of something caught his eye, something shiny that caused him to look in a particular direction.

Something was trying to make itself shown through the void. Despite the overwhelming sound of metal clanging together, a faint rustle...a rustling of something moving in the wind? Narrowing his gaze, he felt like he was looking at some sort of fabric. Only for the glint to blind him for a second before he felt a horrendous pain go through his chest. Dark reddish brown eyes opened as he was startled awake, jerking harshly before making a pained cry. Laying back down, Luidhard groaned as he pressed his hand against his chest. His heart pounding in his chest as Chris returned.

"o...okay.....please give me a few....moments..." Luidhard requested.