Visionary Tales
If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.UPDATE!! 5/16/19: Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

A Nightmare's Dream. (Readlliiea)

Offline Naisiskhrae

• View Profile
This was the biggest assignment Naisiskhrea had ever received. With all the persons involved, it will take all her skill and several nights to complete. Oh, she definitely enjoying the challenge, she just hoped she could pull it off. But, if she did, it would be a major feather in her cap, and, maybe Avax Set would give her more freedom to do her dreams.

But, that is something for another time. Tonight she had a target to take done that she had been tracking for some time. He was hired be those she was to destroy to capture another. Who it was, she did not know or even cared. She had a job to do.

He had been setting up a ingenious trap in a warehouse down by the shore. Although, this person (she simply call Jack), was not a native of the Subliminal, he was quite familiar with it and how Qui worked. So, she had to use the lightest touch to alter his trap to catch him as well. A minor tweak here and there and she adjusted his trap, hopefully, unnoticed by him. Hiding in the shadows, all she could do is just wait until whoever showed up and triggered the trap catching both of them.

Once More Around the Sun: with Ori and Mikal (me).

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Boss, you sure we should be here?" the man asked for the third time as they followed after a man.

A wolf like tail easily slapped the buff man who had spoke across the face, making them stagger slightly. However it hadn't done much damage, so they would be fine. A bit of hurt pride but nothing damaged. Canine ears twitched as he walked, the tail returning to following behind him. With a black suit and tie, hair sporting the same shade of color. The man could easily blend into the dark night. His red eyes glistening as he blinked and looked around. Often he was at home in warehouses due to their space and how often people left them alone once they were abandoned by the city. Yet...this was new territory for him. Not HIS docks.

"Keep quiet. This is a new location, don't need to alert everything." the man instructed in a firm but low tone, red eyes glaring at the larger man.

A small nod left them as their silent agreement. A flick of the suit wearing man caused the henchman to go on ahead to look around. Idiots. Yet he couldn't blame them for being useful...if not for food and actually doing their jobs, there was honestly a form of company with them that...he couldn't get elsewhere. After all, it's not like he could waltz into a store or anything and strike up conversation. The black 'mask' around his eyes moved with him, the ends of it swaying gently as the second goon stayed with him. Only the sound of something going off and the goon screaming caught his ears, causing them to perk.

"Seriously Frank?" the second goon muttered in a annoyed huff as he started to move forward, only to feel the slender hands of his employer grab him.

"I'll go check on him, you find a spot to hide in." the man ordered.

A few blinks left him but the goon nodded and moved in the other direction to find a alternative way in. A sigh left the being as he moved to where Frank had gone, only to find him strung up and rather well encased in something. Tilting his head in a wolf like manner, his tail gave a few twitches.

"So, what is it you are wanting to accomplish?" he questioned, his voice echoing in this place.

Whenever a trap was set, no matter it's style...the owner of it was often nearby.

Offline Naisiskhrae

• View Profile
It was not long until she heard voices. Repositioning herself, she saw, in the very dim light, three enter the warehouse. Two were human, while the third definitely was not. She, now, had a fairly good idea who or what Jack was after. But, three of them? That could cause a problem, especially, if the wrong one tripped Jack's trap. She was very unhappy with herself for not taking something like this in consideration.

When she heard a scream and a trap trigger, she knew she had no time to think. When the second trap trips, Jack will know something is up. She formed and leaped through a shadow gate, drawing out her dagger, to where she thought Jack was. But, he was not there.

She heard movement from behind her. She spun around and dodged to one side as he lunged towards her with his blade. Her arm was gashed by is blade, but, he defenseless at that moment. She plunged her dagger into his heart, ending the battle quickly.

After binding up the gash on her arm to stop the bleeding, she knelt down at dead body of Jack the Ripper and wiped off her bloody dagger. She really did not want to kill him, but, was not given any other choice. Since he was the one that knew about the others, she was, once again, at square zero - or was she?

During her fight with Jack, her trap was triggered catching the creature. If it was the one Jack was after, it might know who she was seeking.

Hearing its question she smiled ruefully. It seems it was both intelligent and have a sense of humor.

Out of the shadows steeped what seemed to be a woman a little over 6 feet tall with pitch black skin, waist length gold hair, deep blue slanted eyes. Poking up through all that hair were a pair of horse ears. She was dressed in what seemed a long formal gown of dark gray with gold trim. Made of a material that would put silk to shame. Around her waist is a onyx belt, or so it seems. From her left ere was a small golden stud with an Apache tear hanging from it.

As she walked towards the creature, there was the hollow sound of hooves striking the concrete floor. Leaving behind her a trail of black blood eating its way through the floor.

With a voice as cold as ice, she answered it's question, "No. I was hoping to catch the one that was sent to catch you. Now, he is dead, so, that leave only you to lead me to ones I was sent to deal with. Providing..."

As she reached it, she looked up into his red eyes, with out flinching, "you are the one he was seeking."

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Now he had been playing this game for a good long while but he never was a trap wiz. Annoying contraptions that his hunger starved self often would easily break out of in it's blood craving state. So dismantling these things wasn't...quite what he did; smashed them into various little pieces until he shrank back down and well, then he could usually get out of the few remains of it. However his ears perked and the man launched himself forward. A second one? How cute. Frank had a good view of his boss jumping away from the second one as it snatched up. Becoming far more obvious in where it was as the thing went still.

And yet, not everything was quiet. Wolf ears twitched to a small sound, a scuffle if you would. The thing that really sold it was the smell that was soon in the air, ah he knew that scent. Blood. Already the metallic taste was on his tongue, making him lose his train of thought for a moment; till the sounds of Frank squirming in the trap made it's way into his ears again. A sigh left the man as he glanced up at the goon. Maybe he should just eat him..save some trouble but...Frank hadn't done anything to fully warrant that.

"Stop moving." he ordered, voice firm as his tail flicked behind him.

Clip, clop. The sound echoed in the building, causing him to go still. Red eyes trained their gaze onto the emerging figure that came from the darkness. A smirk on his face as he knew that trick. Being mostly black himself in his other form, he could blend in well with his eyes closed. So long as there was big enough shadows of course. Her appearance didn't seem to fishy to him. After all, he was most likely the strangest thing he knew of. And that was just in terms of his other form and food, still she spoke as she neared. His arms folded as he watched her, not really impressed and his hidden brows didn't help show that. The 'mask' on his face hiding those fully; in a way they were part of said 'mask'.

"There's a very long line for that, Madam. Ask any of the heroes and various insane fools, they're all trying to catch me for something or another." he remarked with a fang filled smile, letting a shrug leave him as his tail swayed.

Not many people got this close to him so...willingly and not afraid to add onto it. She'd find his red eyes  to have slitted pupils, but other than that. The entire eyeball was red, a dark red similar to the shade of fresh blood. Sure, the people who got close were always fighting him. Or they were his goons. The suit wearing man walked a circle around her though. Tail held high as his ears perked, such a strange scent. It was very different. Could be her powers and such, a heritage she had perhaps? Well, not important at the time.

"But, if they are after me and it's not the heroes and their rag tag companions. I can't help you." Beastblood added as he walked to the trap with frank in it. "Though, if you aren't going to do anything with that body you stabbed, it's honestly what I need right now to calm my stomach.

Hm..how to go about this? Smashing it would be rude but...he didn't really have any other way to do this. Course, he looked over his shoulder at the woman. A black claw being pointed up at Frank.

"Can't eat him, he hasn't fucked up badly enough to warrant that fate. And I do need him alive." he added in regards to Frank.

Offline Naisiskhrae

• View Profile
To her, this was no game. She was sent to capture Jack. Failing that, she was authorized by Avax Set to make sure he was dead. What he did to warrant a death sentence was none of her business, although, she was a bit surprised. This was the first time she had, ever, heard him make such a declaration. She, also, knew why he sent her. She was more then capable to do the job, even if it meant killing.

It would seem, that one was a very popular, especially, among the heroes. Which, she seriously doubted was to be an assistant of some sort. This would make her job even more difficult. She was hoping to get Jack's employer from Jack. Although, he was good, she was better.

She looked the beast over and commented, "I know most of the night creatures here and other places, having employed most of them. But, I have never met you." She chuckled, "if I had, I would have placed you at the top of my list of potential candidates."

As she headed over to the other trap, she added, "if you ever want a change from here, just let me know. I would let you have free rein in one of my dreams."

As soon as she touched it, she knew it was not hers. She was beginning to wonder just how many traps he had set and which one she aligned her's too.

When the beast asked to feed on jack, she just shrugged, "Fine by me. Just leave his head incase I need to pick his brain," as an afterthought, she added, "you might want to be careful. There is, at least, one more trap out there - mine."

A spiral cone of smoke and fire leaped from her forehead, springing from a golden star there. The trap dissolved into dark smoke and dissipated into the night.

She headed over to where the Frank was then paused with a very wicked and devious smile on her face. The beast's mention of feeding reminded her she has not fed in some time. In the subliminal Qui was everywhere, since, it was made of Qui. Here, there was little to no Qui, except, for what they brought with them.

Over her shoulder, she asked, "would mind if I feed on this - Frank? He would be - intact, albeit, he might be a bit catatonic for a while."

Although he was relieved by his bosses remark, he soon, became horrified by hers. The horror on Frank's face was classic, as well as, his speechlessness. That smile turned into a smirk as she narrowed her eyes focusing on Frank, while waiting for the others answer.

But, before the beast could answer, another trap tripped. She looked skyward and rolled her eyes. Well that could solve the problem, if it was hers.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
She certainly talked strange, though that was her own thing.

"Well I've never met you either, so it makes sense for you to have  never met me." Beastblood replied. "I am Beastblood."

Watching her, it was clear she was some sort of magic user. This talk of dreams though..it made his mind stir. Some sort of Dream walker perhaps? That or she very well came from dreams. A interesting concept, that had potential but potential she was probably capable of using herself. With Frank landing on the ground, Beastblood could very well see that they were scared. Good. Maybe it would serve a lesson to him after all?

"Catatonic is fine, he'll survive." Beastblood remarked as he took a couple of steps away from the two when he paused.

There the sound of the trap going off, his ears twitched to it before a second sound went off. A strangled like cry that he easily recalled what it was sent the man running toward it. As he rounded the corner easily, his red eyes went wide to see the other man he brought with him strung up in the air. However a sharp object was protruding from their chest, having clearly gone through their heart as they rasped for air. It was a obvious fatal wound...even Beastblood knew that as he stood there, staring up at the man.

"Thomas...." Beastblood muttered, the strung up man slowly got their gaze to land on the other.

"B...b...." Thomas stammered, clearly afraid but then again...who wasn't afraid of death?

The smell of blood came to his nose, making his body want to give in even more to the desire to feed. Yet, something in him still kept him sane. The shere fact that one of the people he actually formed a bond to was now...pierced through the chest on death's door. Course, Thomas's body went still after a moment. Eyes glazing over as they went limp. Beastblood's facial features hardened as he looked down, his red eyes glaring at the bottom portion of the trap where a puddle of blood was forming. Not caring whose trap this was, he reached out and grabbed a hold of it in two different sports. With his inhuman strength, he attempted to bring it down.