Visionary Tales
9/18/19: Visionary Tales is ELEVEN YEARS OLD! Happy birthday! Leave a post on the site today (anywhere!) as a gift to VT. It's a good day to catch up on replies. (;If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

Pri[m]al Play[m]ate (Aeon+Kei)

Kei · 63 · 4680

Offline Aeon

• Teal Knight
    • View Profile
Blood, human blood. The markings along Ryu’s body began to glow, shimmering with warm light. A sudden outcry from the large dragon brought thunder and lightning to the sky and, with it, a heavy deluge began to soak the earth. How dare he?!? The tail around Evanna tightened, curling. ”Stay down and look away!” His words were an order, a snarled one at that, but he couldn’t afford to risk further injury to her. She would already be mad enough as it was once this was over, and that was even with him being able to heal her thanks to the rain he had summoned.

The water around her in the air began to spin, creating a large veil of water around her body without actually touching her. It expanded and began to circle again, a rig of water that hummed with energy and life, the essence of all living things. Aqua ring. She would be fine given a few minutes time, which would be enough for him to contend with her attacker. He’d heard her words, knew her position on the matter. She wanted him dead and he was more than happy to oblige.

The markings on his body began to glow brighter and, in a sudden pulse of energy and water, tangible rays of liquid and light shot from those same marks; origin pulse. They fired off in every direction, heavy blasts which bulldozed whatever they came into contact with be it earth, flora, or flesh. The mega charizard was quick, certainly, but avoiding a nearly omnidirectional burst was beyond even its capabilities. Unless of course it favored being swallowed up by the ravine that had been created. A poor choice surely, as it went nowhere and he would be crushed.

Offline Kei

• View Profile
Evanna cursed sharply at the sudden burning pain from her arm. She'd forgotten about that injury and now she'd pulled it open again dammit all! That wasn't helping her headache or the blazing inferno of pain from her eyes either, but at least she knew what was causing it. So when his order came, considering she was already closing her eyes, it was easy to duck down lower and turn away from the entire mess around her. She couldn't see anyway, so it wasn't a problem. In the meantime she clamped down hard on her arm to stem the blood-flow until she could get a look at it and clear it after this mess. She felt rain pelting her skin, but paid it no mind considering the pokemon that was looming over her. She caught flashes of light even with her eyes closed and the tension the air told her Ryu was angry; probably from the interruption more than anything else she felt.

Or possibly because of her injury, but that was only if he actually still needed her now that he knew his idea had worked. She didn't see the water around her moving or forming a veil around her, all she heard was the deluge and the snarling dragon next to her. Though what did worry her was the lessening pain in her arm. It was slow but steady and couldn't mean anything good in her experience. Could it be infected or maybe there was nerve damage which would be really annoying. Either way she held her place knelt there on the ground and decided to just wait out this entire mess. At least she had her clothing back on even if she was soaking wet all over again and thus, even so close to Ryu, she was starting to shake from the cold despite the water being sort of warm.

She heard the snarling of the mega charizard; knew he was fighting to stay alive, but she also knew nothing could stand up against a pokemon of Ryu's strength and power. Thus the pained scream that filled the air made her smirk to herself even as it was extinguished not long after that. The pokemon was stupid to have come after them, and she had to hope this boded well for her staying alive for the future. She didn't dare move, even when silence fell and the only sounds were the rain and their breathing. So then, what happened next?

Offline Aeon

• Teal Knight
    • View Profile
”You should be able to open your eyes now,” Ryu stated simply. The rain died down until it vanished entirely. In its place, a slow warmth began which created a small layer of fog from the sudden hangs in temperature and the abrupt change in the weather itself. The water veil and ring around her person dropped, returning to the atmosphere where it had been summoned from. ”Your arm should be easier to move as well. I did not keep it going long enough for a complete recovery—I didn’t think you would like that on you.”

He shifted, his head dropping to investigate her more closely. ”We will have to keep trying things. The eyes were just the start of this, and that was from such a small interaction.”

Offline Kei

• View Profile
Evanna brought a hand up over her eyes cautiously before slowly opening them. She blinked rapidly at the change and noted the lack of pain with relief. The glowing from before faded, replaced by her normal green eyes and she noted the world was all dark except for the glowing lines on the dragon before her. She tested her arm next, noting that it was stiff but no longer bleeding and she nodded to herself before looking back up at the looming being before her. "Thanks for that...it is easier to move and at least the bleeding stopped. That's all I really care about. Well that and being woken so abruptly, but I'd say you took care of that spectacularly." She certainly wasn't worried about his killing the other pokemon; after all she'd pretty much asked him to. She really did hate being woken up too early.

She curled her arms around herself, the cold from before beginning to seep into her wet clothing and skin causing her to shiver. Well great, she needed to change clothes again. She watched as Ryu dropped his head to regard her, then told her he wasn't done with her yet. She rolled her eyes and tilted her head to the side quizzically. "Looks like you need to more clearly define the specifics of this mess for me. Because all you said you wanted to know was if it was possible it would change me. Now, I'm not going back on my word, I just like to know what I'm getting involved in for the duration of however long it's going to last. Because my life doesn't revolve around being a guinea pig for your curiosity;  explosive chemistry or not."

She was a practical creature at heart, but she wasn't going to be at the beck and call of this dragon for the rest of her life, she refused. She'd rather know what it was he was looking for with this mess. "What is it you're hoping will happen, Ryu? You were right, I did change, but what's next?" She went thoughtful for a long moment before looking back up into glowing eyes before quietly speaking again. "Also, thank you. I know it benefits you to keep me safe, but still...thank you." Because he could have left her to her own devices and he hadn't, so she thanked him. Another violent shiver went through her and she sighed. "I need to change into dry clothes soon." But at least she wasn't trying to run away or escape her end of their bargain. She kept her word; foolish as the sentiment probably was.

Offline Aeon

• Teal Knight
    • View Profile
Ryu sighed. Humans were so delicate. He would have to fix the second complaint before he could address the first question. ”Take off those clothes and give them to me. I will dry them and you can change.” At least he wasn’t insisting she simply climb back up on him naked. Though it would have been the quickest way to warm her, and probably the most practical, while things were up in the air with them he didn’t want to stress things with her further.

”I am hoping to see a full transformation through to its end,” he stated simply. ”We’ve discovered it’s possible that at least a single aspect of you can change with limited, sparse involvement. I want to know if it is possible to bring about greater changes, full and lasting ones as your eyes have gone back to normal it seems. I’m not sure how long that would take. It may honestly just depend on you, because if you are fine with handling more of me then it may be you can go on your merry way sooner rather than later.”

Offline Kei

• View Profile
Evanna rolled her eyes at the sigh that came from her companion. Honestly, of course she was going to get cold when she'd been pressed against his warm hide most of the night. Though if he thought she was modest about giving him her clothing, he was about to find out differently. Calmly and methodically, she stripped out of her wet clothing and offered it to him before heading for her bag and digging around for clothing to change into. Clearly she wasn't afraid to walk around naked near him, so that was something, though she did change into dry clothing since they were talking and not doing anything that required her nakedness like before. She hoped he got an eye full; smarmy bastard.

Once was fully clothed again she pulled her hair up into a high ponytail to help it dry then marched right back over to Ryu before leaning the full weight of her body against him and settling in where it was warm. "Oi you, pick me up I'm still cold and your massive self is like one big furnace. We can have our conversation like that too, so it's not a big deal." Unless he would rather she remain on the ground, in which case she still wasn't moving from being pressed against him. So much for being considerate of her partner, since he'd only picked up on the fact she needed to change and her query about this mess between them. Oh well, he was a pokemon and not human so what could she expect?

She was a practical creature, after all, and staying longer with him wasn't something she minded so long as she knew the endgame. Because she really wasn't being his guinea pig her entire life, nope not at all. She thought about his words as she stood there pressed against him before deciding how she'd answer. It took her a while, but eventually she settled on the most practical means that worked for her. Because she realized he basically was hoping to change her to something other than human, and part of her seethed that once again others wanted her to change for their benefit. It wasn't like she had much of a choice considering he wasn't likely to let her go until he found out, but still. It meant resigning herself to her fate, and at least she got a bit of physical interaction in the meantime. She also noticed he didn't put a qualifier on a  time limit again and sighed.

Green eyes turned to look up at her companion, and  she made her choice. "Look Ryu, I'll stick around for a while on this but not forever. With the fact we know I changed even after something....small as you put it, then the longer we're together and the more we do the more I'll change. And considering just how...I'll say well, last night went I don't think it'll take long. So let's give it a year and see where we are. It's just a little blip of time to you, but for me that's quite a bit of time so...I think that's fair." Especially because she knew  that, once she got comfortable enough around him, it was only a matter of time before she let him enjoy her body the way his 'experiment' was demanding. She also knew it was likely the changes wouldn't stick once they parted ways, and honestly she was sort of hoping they didn't because she rather enjoyed being human.

Still, at least she was open-minded enough to try and it risk the changes being permanent. A year was a chunk of her life and she was offering it to him for this mess. It was more than long enough to see considering they'd known each other a few days and she had already conceded so much ground to him. So she knew this wouldn't take that long, but it gave him wiggle room.

Offline Aeon

• Teal Knight
    • View Profile
Ryu scowled at being ordered about like some common servant, but he did see the sense in her demand. While he had been surprised she’d undressed so casually in front of him, he figured it shouldn’t have been because, while she was hesitant about revealing herself to him, she had expressed many times she was a practical sort. ”Very well, but only because you dying isn’t of any use to me.” He picked her up carefully, drawing her close to his torso while she prattled on.

Her offer was sensible at least, and he could acknowledge a year was a long time to a human when they didn’t live all that particularly long to begin with. He nodded. ”Very well, a year then. In that time you will have to not hold back so that we can get as much accomplished as is possible. I do not of course mean rushing you. It is reasonable to acclimate.” He stopped, considering things for a moment before coming to an important conclusion.

”We will need to get you somewhere less...hazardous to your health. The other Pokemon may be inclined to eat you, or worse. Suggestions?”

Offline Kei

• View Profile
Evanna rolled her eyes, noting the irritation in the large dragon, but she got what she wanted so it was fine. Beside, he could deal with being a little annoyed at her for all he'd put her through in the last few days. She settled in against him after he'd lifted her and looked up at him while they spoke of things to come. At least he was being sensible. Still, she couldn't help but snort in faint amusement at his commentary. "Considering how well yesterday went, I'd say you won't have to wait long to get what your after. Though I really do appreciate the time to adjust to all this; I know you don't have to." After all, she'd conceded quite a bit of ground the day before and that was only the first time she'd allowed him to try anything. Granted most of it had been her curiosity over him as well as testing to see if he had the control to be around her in that way.

She still didn't trust him as far as she could throw him, but she was practical enough to know that once she felt assured of her safety in such an intimate setting she'd let him do whatever he wanted to her within reason. Though if pressed right then and there she'd probably balk but let him do it still; even if she'd be tense and anxious the entire time. Still, just resting against him like she was did a lot more than he realized in letting her be comfortable around him. Though she did really believe, even if she wasn't going to say so to him, that they only had part of the puzzle here when it came to his experiment. He'd mentioned before that the bond between trainer and pokemon had a lot to do with how they changed and grew together, but she was no trainer and he was more her temporary associate than anything else. So it was possible only handling one side of the puzzle meant that none of the changes he wanted to see would stick. It was a relief to her, but she had a year to get through with him - maybe less if he got what he wanted sooner - so she'd deal with the changes as they came.

She still felt it wasn't fair of him to be forcing such changes on anyone regardless of his curiosity, but there was no stopping him so she might as well just get over it and deal with what came. She blinked slowly, realizing he'd spoken to her again and tilting her head thoughtfully in response. Somewhere safer to go..."I couldn't say really, nowhere is safe if you're a human. Not here on the islands at least. I mean, some of the challenge areas are still untouched and Pokemon don't go there much anymore for some reason, but that's about it. Two of those places is usually where I would hide when out and about looking for supplies." She went silent and thought about it, before finally coming up on a few suggestions that might be plausible. "Verdant Cavern is safe, the pokemon there are afraid of humans and only come out at night. So long as I left them alone, they'd do the same for me." She thought long and hard about the other possibility, knowing it was a bit further away and on top of a mountain to boot. Still, she doubted Ryu would have trouble getting them there.

"There's also Hokulani Observatory. Once things started going bad, the beacon that used to draw in the pokemon for the trail was changed to something that keeps them away. It's solar powered so it's still working. The site used to have a small camp inside it but they abandoned it a few years ago. It's still safe there, except for the occasional electric type getting curious and sneaking in. That site is on top of Mount Hokulani so it's a bit harder to get to and it's a lot harder to get supplies, but it's still safe for humans for the most part." Meaning she'd traveled a lot farther than most of the supply runners usually did, but it had served her well being able to travel from island to island like she had. At least it was a starting point because in the end she figured Ryu would chose and she'd have to go with him regardless to keep her word.

Offline Aeon

• Teal Knight
    • View Profile
Ryu listened quietly to her suggestions. After all, she knew the area better than he when it came to what would be safer for herself. ”The Observatory then. I’ll take you there. If it’s as isolated as you describe, then there will be less there considering exploring the area to find a meal. You’ll be able to walk around and do what you need to and I will be fine to leave you alone there for a time to get food.” Something his size would need to eat a lot of course, but he hadn’t yet revealed what his particular palate leaned toward quite yet. He doubted she’d be all that happy with knowing it—it wasn’t pleasant.

”You mentioned a stray electric type...I may be able to help with that. There’s a certain fish in these waters that can draw electrical attacks to them without suffering the painful shock. If you were cornered while I was gone, it would render the majority of their attacks useless. Now you’d have to keep the fish alive of course but it would be docile enough if you fed it. At a distance of course.” This would also give her some semblance of control of her surroundings, something she might favor.

Offline Kei

• View Profile
Evanna nodded slowly as the conversation continued; seeing the practicality of it. She didn't necessarily enjoy being cut off from the outside world, but she supposed since was only for the duration of this mess she'd found herself in she'd be fine with only Ryu's company. The fish idea was interesting, at least. "Whatever works, I guess. And it gives me something to do at least and it gives you the chance to go do whatever it is you need to." Besides, the place had been a camp before so it was possible she'd have enough supplies to make a place that was comfortable for her; maybe even her own room which she hadn't had in years.

Having a space that was her's alone was something she'd missed very much in the years she'd been away from home. If she had the needed supplies, the observatory was a good chance for her to finally have space that was her own. It was a strangely comforting thought but it was a moot point if the place had been raided since she'd been there last. She had to hope it hadn't been if only for her own peace of mind and the comfort of having to stay in the place for the rest of the year. At least the island usually had warm weather so she didn't have to worry about that.

Offline Aeon

• Teal Knight
    • View Profile
”I don’t imagine it will be altogether unpleasant up there.” She seemed resigned to this all being something she simply had to get through, but that did not have to be the case. Yes, she would be isolated from others up on the mountainside, but really this was a blessing. People, in her own words, treated her differently now. He could only imagine this treatment would be made all the worse if one of her own were to discover what transpired between the two of them. Beyond that, how cruelly would they treat her if she looked no longer human but Pokemon?

”Get your things then. You will guide me to the place and I will fly you there. While I am setting up a barrier, you can look around.” After that, he could find them both something to eat. Assuming of course she didn’t stumble upon anything within the observatory that she preferred to have beyond what he could provide. He settled down some minutes later, waiting for her to get everything in order and then, following that, to get into a position she wouldn’t fall off from.

This taken care of, he launched skyward. His body snaked through the air, a serpentine fashion. He bore no wings, but he didn’t need them to fly; his body could control the air currents around him. Under her guidance, he made his way to the Hokulani Observatory. It was deserted as to be expected, but a cursory look once they landed revealed it was in good shape.

”Don’t stray too far. I am going to set up walls for this place.”

Offline Kei

• View Profile
Evanna mentally rolled her eyes, because my didn't he think he knew everything; stupid dragon. She was only human, after all, and it was normal to worry about her own well being in the face of such and unknown. And the fact he could kill her easily at any moment didn't help; regardless of the fact she was giving her body to him. Trust and intimacy didn't go hand and hand she felt. She could let him be intimate with her, but she didn't trust him nor really like him. She'd deal with it though, it wasn't like he didn't know humans were wary of pokemon. When the time came she balled her hands into fists and just did as he told her to in leading him to the observatory. The place was abandoned as she'd known it would be, and she was ready to explore and pick a place for herself. He definitely wouldn't fit in there, but she would and that was all she cared about just then. She'd come outside to him if needed but having a place that was her own was something she'd been dearly needing. She nodded to his commentary about not going far, before heading into the entryway as she considered things.

She had sort of enjoyed flying with him, after getting over the notion she was going to fall that was. Still, at least if she was locked into this situation for a year it wasn't going to be all bad. She didn't go far into the building, staying in the main entryway and looking around and the tattered remains of what once, long ago, had been a trial ground for upcoming pokemon trainers. There were remnants of a camp here and she began to scavenge a bit, putting her bag down in one corner as she worked. She was quick and efficient in her work, soon having enough to make herself a suitable bed - such as it was - as well as being able to curtain off a small area for privacy for herself. Even better, the observatory had emergency showers in case of chemical spill and they still worked! She gave a delighted grin when she discovered it; especially as it still had hot water after all these years. She supposed it was because the system was attached to a hidden hot spring, but she didn't think too hard on it.

What she did do, however, was take the time while Ryu was busy to strip out of her clothing and take a hot shower for the first time in years. Usually she'd go into a lake or something, so this was a welcome treat for her. Plus it wasn't like he hadn't already seen her naked, so she had no reason to be modest about it. Instead she shut her eyes and let the water wash over her entire frame as the worries and pains of the last few days were washed down the drain beneath her. She stayed in there for quite some time, merely enjoying the hot water flowing over her skin, before finally getting out and drying off and changing into clear clothes. She'd have to wash her clothes soon, and the hot water would be good for that too. She quickly brushed out her hair and pulled it into a high ponytail before heading back outside to see what Ryu had gotten up to. Perhaps she should build a fire, but that would draw attention to herself. Shrugging, she instead went to her pack to pull out some of the jerky she kept in there for traveling before sitting on the entryway steps and waiting for her companion to return from wherever it was he'd gone to do what he'd said he was going to. At least she was in a better mood now.

Offline Aeon

• Teal Knight
    • View Profile
While Evanna occupied herself with a shower, Ryu set to improving the natural fortifications of the area. It was easy for him to split the earth, to raise towering, protective and rocky walls around the encampment. Climbing was no welcome venture for most Pokemon, and of those that flew this area was too scare for food to interest them. She would be safe here while he looked for a suitable “pet” for herself, a small guardian to help with what potential hazards she may find here. He left her with the walls secure, returning some odd hour later toting an angry, wriggling goldeen in his mouth. The creature for all its struggling was no match for himself, and so when he deposited it in a large basin he had found, presumably once used for watering large horse like Pokemon, it put up no fight.

A simple, gentle filling with a small scale water based attack gave the fish something to swim in, and it seemed happy enough given the fact it wouldn’t be allowed to leave the “pond.” He’d filled himself whilst away but he saw to it at least that the fish was fed, dropping a still live caterpie into the water which was promptly gobbled up. It would feed it for some days yet, so he wouldn’t worry about keeping it alive until after such a point.

For Evanna, he’d brought back a downed fearow. Of course he didn’t know what she’d prefer to eat, but he figured bird would do well enough and what she didn’t eat the goldeen could enjoy. Or he could of course. ”There is food for you. If you wanted I could cook it, but I figured you’d rather it had no feathers first. You’ve a small guard over there in that basin.”

Offline Kei

• View Profile
Evanna came outside as she heard the sounds of Ryu returning. She noted the goldeen and gave it a wide berth more by instinct than actual fear before noting the 'food' he'd brought her. She shook her head and tied her hair back before going back inside to get he knife to skin the bird. "I've eaten something already, but I'll get some of this to smoke for later on. Thank you." She didn't know what to make of the goldeen he called a 'guard' so she left that alone. She proved she wasn't easily grossed out by skinning the dead pokemon and getting some of the meat that she then set aside on a rock before going back  to her pack and pulling out a few of her remaining burning stones that didn't make much smoke. She added them until they simmered with heat and set first the rock then the meat over it, putting a woven covering over it to hold in the bit of smoke and the moisture.

She hummed lightly to herself as she worked, used to cooking for herself by now and knowing she'd probably spend a lot of time here alone when Ryu wasn't trying to see how far she'd let him push his luck with her intimately. She was expecting it though so she was braced for it. This was how she was going to survive the coming year and she kept her concerns to herself because really he'd tell her they were stupid or something because, really, big mighty dragon and all that. He was so full of himself it grated against her the wrong way, but at least they had some physical chemistry between them so maybe it wouldn't be all bad. That didn't meant she was going to give up everything of herself and who she was for his stupid experiment. She was lost in thought for a long moment before finally rising back to her feet to get clean and leave her part of the food to smoke. "You can have the rest, if you'd like. No use in it going to waste and I'm not going to be able to eat all that." Though he probably ate it raw like most pokemon, but that didn't really bother her.

Survival was what you made of it, and she couldn't fault him for that. She totally wasn't going to watch him eat though. The rest she was going to take as it came; though really she sort of expected him to push his luck again soon since the first time had proved a moderate success.

Offline Aeon

• Teal Knight
    • View Profile
Ryu snorted. ”Why would I waste perfectly good food? Besides, I have already eaten.” When she had drawn a ways back from the downed creature his jaws parted and an icy blast covered the remains. It was frozen solid in a sheer, substantial block of ice. While she was right, he would have eaten it raw, he knew humans to be of a far more picky nature. As it was, the meat would have spoiled had he not done something to it so this served them both well enough. He didn’t have to hunt for her for a time and she was assured there was something readily available for her to eat if he did not come back to her prompt preferences.

”There, now you don’t have to worry about it. I’ve fed your fish as well for the time being. Did you find anything worthwhile in the observatory? Perhaps somewhere to sleep or something that might otherwise occupy you?”