Visionary Tales
If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.UPDATE!! 5/16/19: Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

False Loki comes on the tide (Evilcope)

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
(All the old posts are located on here http://visionary-tales.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=22279&p=40056760#p40056760 )

"I screwed up.....I helped Ultron thinking...that he was gonna help me find my family....that he meant you would all get to retire, live your lives the way you wanted to. You all wouldn't have to worry about the safety of the world...but....it doesn't matter what I think!!" Loke responded.

A hiss of pain left Loke as the god tightened the cape around him. There wasn't enough strength in his body at this point to try and struggle. The large drain of magic was....exhausting honestly. His eyes dulled further and Thor would find the man horrendously freezing, their skin hard like the ice that created. The black hair he sported started to turn white with the amount of frost that was over them. His skin, taking on a pale blue hue as he both froze and a thicker layer of ice seemed to form over him.

His vision started to blurr and the frost would quickly start nipping at Thor's finger tips as they walked. The temperature dropped wherever they went, frost even forming on the walls. Though..what would the others say about this? After all, the man had just literally tried to kill himself and none of them believed him. Well....Thor did. But after the whole issue with Ultron, there was most likely no second chances.

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
"'tis alright, Loke. You did not mean us harm." Thor hurried faster down the corridor, if the ice bothered him he didn't let it show, leaving a cold trail in their wake. He went into the room that held medical supplies and set him down onto the examination table, that only grew colder as the ice spread. He was going to call for his friends, but Tony beat him to it, bursting into the room.

"What the hell is going on, Thor?" he asked, then looked at Loke.

"He has injured himself severely. We must help him!"

"We can't."

"Stark, you will help him or you shall feel-"

"I didn't say I wouldn't, Thor. I said we can't. Not with what we have here. He's encasing himself in ice, we'd need a laser, or a powerful enough heatsource, that could melt through it faster than it can spread without hurting him, and we don't have the time."

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Voices were starting to sound dull, the man merely sank against Thor. As he was set on the table, he groaned as he felt a small stab of pain go through his side. Feeling his body going colder, the table was quickly encased in a sheet of ice. His breathe was coming out in white mist fully as his dull eyes closed. He was still breathing but it was clear he was unconscious. There was a red glow from his chest however.

The enchanted necklace he wore was the source of that glow. Cracking ice could be heard and within a few moments, the ice around it was broken and tumbling off. The power in it seemed to be trying to stabilize the man as he laid there. Canceling out the ice magic that was running rampant. They only had a small window of time however. Despite the ice having been broken up on Loke, their skin was very cold. And one would still get bits of frost on their fingertips.

Hours would pass and the medical treatment given was enough to help keep Loke alive. The wound was bandaged and the man was wrapped up in some blankets. Their breathing slow and unsteady before his blue eyes opened. The strange thing was his blue eyes were still very dull, his pupils were very hard to see due to them sharing this dulled look. Almost as if his life force had been drained out of him. Yet the only thing that had really left him beside blood was a ton of magic; and any doctor would tell you the blood loss he suffered wouldn't cause that to their eyes. His skin was still pale blue and bits of his hair had white going through it. A exhale of white left them as they laid there.

His memory felt barely there, as if everything he knew didn't exist. Or...was like a frayed piece of rope. Trying to stay together but failing to do so as additional pressure or force was applied. Causing it to fray even more. A word tried to leave him but his weakened state even made talking hard, merely resulting in a strange hushed whisper accompanied by a plume of misty breathe. His eyes struggling to stay open.

"I...don't really know what's going on with him..." a SHIELD doctor started. "But...the wound wasn't what was really killing him. I think his body went on self preservation mode and well,all that ice or magic is what did the most damage to himself. Using it I mean as he's not suffering from hypothermia or pneumonia."

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
Thor had only left the room by the insistence of the medical staff and his friends, but he paced nonstop as if this would help Loke to recover. He was allowed in when the man had his wounds dressed, but he wasn't pleased by what he saw. It looked like he suffered more than physical damage, but like his very soul had been pierced as the dullness in his eyes was unnatural.

"He was dying before this?" Thor was shocked, not having detected any kind of injury before, "You have used too much magic, Loke. You must rest." He took Loke's freezing hand in his own, "Do not try and speak, you must try and fight this illness. Can you eat or drink? Blink if you are able to." As Loke needed to blink, it wasn't the best indication, and one of the doctors said that he shouldn't try to eat, and that any attempt at giving him fluids would fail as he would freeze the liquid.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"I don't think so." the doctor said as he watched Thor. "I think the wound was doing damage to him but.. it was like the wound was the trigger for what has him so weakened. I don't know anything about magic but....I think you friend's very life is heavily connected to their power."

IT was the best he could come up with honestly for a explanation.

"I don't think it's a illness Thor, I think he's just... drained and weakened in every sense." The doctor said. "You may stay in here with him but him having any food or drink right now isn't a wise idea. Due to how unnaturally cold he is, they would freeze inside of him and not be able to be digested or benefit him in any way."

Loke didn't say anything, merely closing his eyes as he felt too tired to really do anything. Drained of any energy he had before. The oxygen mask over his face was very foggy.

"Rest is...all we can have him do I'm afraid. I don't know how to make his magic come back sooner, for now he's stable and that's a sign he can recover." The doctor added, not sure on how Thor would take all of this.

Though the doctor wondered just why things were like this. What would cause someone with such powers to try and...well, spear themselves through with an icicle? With that, he turned and started for the door. He was going to have a chat with the other...Avengers. Of course, tracking them all down was difficult but he would manage to get them all together.

"So. I know you might only care about his condition because you deem him a threat, but I need to ask." The doctor started. "Just how much of grudge holding biggits are you lot?"

The question was firm and serious.

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
"Thank you, healer." Thor said to the doctor, getting a chair so he could sit at Loke's side. "I will try to find magic that can help him." He would have to think of it first, and decided to send a message to Asgard to see if they had anything that could help.

At the question, the Avengers were shocked,  not sure why a doctor of all people was accusing them. The general consensus was that they were neither of those things, except by Natasha and Bruce.

"I wouldn't call them grudges." Nat said, with a bit more of an ominous meaning behind that.

"Um. Sometimes I can." Bruce said, referring to the Hulk.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Right..." the doctor replied, clearly skeptical with those answers and lack of ones. "I'm going to say this then, and you can deny it. But if he was the guy who tried to take over this planet in the past, he wouldn't have tried to kill himself in that cell. He would've busted out faster than we could all say excruciating, five times fast."

Was this wise? Perhaps not. But he had known what it was like to be in this situation. A situation...he felt oh too familiar.

"You've seen this guy's abilities more than I have, but think about it. He can still get cold, he can still freeze to death. And judging by the footage I watched, that ice was going wild. Before you say it was probably planned, there is already things going against that. If he wanted to die that way, he would've just speared himself with that icicle from the start rather than freezing himself." He added. "And knowing your TV persona, I'm pretty sure you've made your views of him ooh too obvious."

As he spoke, he pointed at Tony. Oh yes, the rich man. The rich man with the world within their palm. Who hadn't see Tony Stark on TV when they weren't Iron Man and then see him as Iron Man? The whole world had.

"Point is, it was probably a combined effort on all of your parts or just a few. But congratulations, you've caused a living person to drive themselves to a suicide attempt." he finished. "Happy now?"
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 03:34:16 AM by readlliea »

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
Natasha's expression didn't change, Bruce looked guiltier, Steve's brow furrowed as he thought about the doctor's words, and Clint was looking over one of his arrows like he'd never seen it before.

"Don't point at me." Tony said, "I don't like it when people point at me."

"You were kind of hard on him, Tony." Steve said, without accusation.

"You were all hard on him!" Bruce blurted out too, "I tried... I tried to be nice to him, but I still have the Hulk in me, and I don't blame him for being uncomfortable around me!"

"You know, I'm not happy. Even if he was dead I wouldn't be happy about this." Tony said. "What kind of doctor are you? I hope we didn't get a shrink to try and fix him."

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Didn't like being pointed at? Well that could be taken a couple of ways but the man wasn't going to go into that. There was a more important thing at hand.

"Doctor Thaddeus Grindle, as for what kind of doctor am just the one who patches up the physical parts of the body." Thaddeus replied, as he reached for his turtleneck collar and pulled down. "But one who has been in similar shoes."

Various nasty scars rested on the man's throat, each one of them old but very shaky.  As if the person had been afraid and not really steady with the blade. Course he pulled it back up after a few moments. Even after all these years, he wasn't comfortable with them. Of course, these scars were his own doing, his own mistake.

"Look, I know none of you personally only how you are portrayed on the television. You are each trying to make a positive differences and granted, many of you are still new to me. But Mr. Stark on the other hand was a very prominent figure on tv even before turning over this new leaf." Thaddeus started. "I'm not trying to be an ass but a shrink is going to do nothing to help Loke if the environment and people he's around is the same thing as it was that caused him to do this to himself. Changing overnight is impossible but no change can happen if there is no effort on part of everyone. A shrink would be useless and honestly, you might not need one if a strong enough effort is put in since Thor is the one closest to him."

Folding his arms, he stood there for a few moments. Debating on if he should say anything else or if he should just go back to his job. It certainly was worth debating, this person seemed to need help in his mind.

"I do know understand the reasoning you all have, heck I watched the coverage of the chaos caused by Loki. And the two do look freakishly similiar and you all have most likely done tests that only convinced you further. There are differences though, subtle but there's differences. Their personalities for one." Thaddeus added. "Look I only came to tell you this in case he makes a full recovery as right now that's up in the air of uncertainty due to the problem."

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
Tony grimaced a bit at the show of scars, he had his own that he kept hidden. "It seems like you're trying to be an ass. And saying that this is mostly my fault." Tony had had enough of that following the creation of Ultron, and Thor's anger was even worse over this, he'd have to deal with that eventually. "I think I'm going to go reflect on my actions. Or maybe I'll try to make sure the world doesn't go to hell, whichever you think is more important, Doc." Tony said before walking out. Steve was frowning, but he didn't try to stop him from leaving.

"What do you suggest we change?" he asked.

"I can totally ignore him, if that would help." Clint suggested, "Or he could move back to Asgard. That's fine with me too."

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"An ass huh? Given how you protray yourself on the media before you became Iron man, who is the real ass? It's not all your fault but you might be a big contributor in all of this. If you only focus on yourself and how it makes you look, then you are being the ass." Thaddues retorted.

Course, the doctor didn't stop the man from leaving. He could go if he wanted to. Though he gave Clint a look that suggested 'seriously?'. A sigh left the doctor as he shook his head.

"Treating him like the other Loki is a bad idea, what makes you think that ignoring him whenever he's with you is a good idea? It's not." Thaddues retorted. "And what if Loke doesn't wish to go there? What then? Will you all just ignore him, making him feel worse to where he tries to do something something like this again and might succeed the next time? You all seem to be blocking your eyes from seeing there are differences here between the two. I know one of you might say something about his genetics well here's a brain teaser for you. If the Identical twin of a person who has done horrible and vile things, does that automatically make the other twin the same? They share the same genetics but not the same mind and heart. You treat the other one like the evil twin all because of biases, genetic results, and the fact that they look identical to one another, it will have a negative result on the twin who just wants to live their own life and be happy. They can't do that when everyone in the world is making them feel like shit because of the antics their twin pulls. And don't give me some retort, just think on that." Thaddeus responded, his tone firm as he looked at Clint before letting his gaze wander to those that were here.

A mental sigh resounded in his head. How could they all not understand? Well...it was human nature. Many people didn't understand the simple concept of how words and the way they treat people could do damage to another. The doctor fiddled with his collar; a subconscious feeling messing with him as he didn't show those scars to many. Now his brain was messing with him, making him think people were staring at it when he could clearly see no one was.

"Get to know him, don't assume that he's what he resembles and the genetics claim he is. Treat him like a human being. Do you all honestly want to drive this man to turning into another Loki? Do you really want two of them running amuck? And do you really want to kill the potential decent person that might be in there?" Thaddeus questioned. "Cap, you saw the horrors of war first hand. So here's a question for you that you don't have to answer. Do you hate all Germans for what the Nazis did? Are the descendants of those misguided souls all evil? You don't have to answer it, just give it a thought. What I will say, is treat Loke like his own person, give him a real chances rather than jumping on the bandwagon and claiming he's something that he resembles a great deal."

Meanwhile, Loke was starting to stir again. His head was pounding as it felt like something was being drilled through his skull. His eyes opened as he felt a familiar sensation going through his skull. Sure enough, the golden horns sprouted forth as he gritted his teeth. More pain going through his pain filled skull from this. Sitting up, he held his head in his hands and groaned. Why? Why did this damned things have to come out? Everything was...well...no. NOthing was fine. This whole mess wasn't fine. Taking a deep breathe, he sighed as he sat there. Letting his pale colored eyes glance over the room.

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
Natasha narrowed her eyes, thinking that the doctor was na´ve, Loki could make illusions but he couldn't fake a DNA test. She wasn't going to believe that Loke wasn't actually the god of mischief just because this man had told them off, but she didn't even try to argue with him. Clint looked like he wanted to argue, but he didn't try to dispute what the man had said.

"Easy for you to say, you never had to deal with Loki yourself." Clint didn't think he'd be getting over the way Loke looked, having the same suspicion as Natasha, along with having been damaged more by Loki.

"I'll give it a try, doctor." Steve said, he'd never considered all Germans at fault, even before he was able to join the military. "I'm not sure if he will want to stay here with us, though. But unless he goes to Asgard, he doesn't have much of a choice. He's made enemies of that robot you've likely seen some coverage of, and it's not safe for him to be alone."

Thor saw movement from Loke, but not what he was expecting, the growth of horns was troubling, and he was going to call for the doctor, but he saw that he had woken up as well.

"Hello, Loke." he said, standing over him, but not touching him as he was clearly still in pain. "How are you? What do you need? Here is some water." he offered him the glass, as he could drink it now because he was awake.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"I may not have dealt with the man that you have, that is true." Thaddeus replied. "But from what I've seen on the footage that recorded our event in that cell and compare it to what there was on Loki himself, I don't think it matches up flawlessly like it's being portrayed to be. As for that Cap,  you are right. It's not safe here for him but given who he resembles and blood says he is, is it really safe on Asgard?"

With that, the doctor turned and left the avengers alone. Loki shuddered as he laid there.  The dulling pain still pulsing through this head, making everything so much worse. The brilliant golden color was fogging up slightly due to the extremely cold temperatures.  Sitting up some, he found that adjusting his position didn't help him feel much better. A tired look was directed at Thor as they spoke. A shaky hand reached to accept the water but when his finger tips touched the glass. It frosted over and the water inside turned into a large ice cube. Loke's drained, nearly white pale blue eyes went wide as he brought his hand back.

"uh..m..maybe later.." Loke stammered out.

What did he need? He had no idea, he didn't know!! What was there that he could need? A normal life? Never to have existed? He honestly didn't know and at this point, it wouldn't matter. Not in his mind really.

"I don't know Thor, I just don't know." Loke replied. "So...what's the plan? Tin can gonna stick me in the furnace next? Or just bound and gag me in some special cold resistant chains and stuff? Honestly Thor, I don't see this going any other way so tell me. What are your friends going to do with me for everyone else's greater good?"

After all, he was just..that person in their eyes. Looking away from Thor, he let his arms rest on his knees. Resting his chin against those.

"We're the same...him and me. We both bear the looks of someone else and in a way, the same 'foundation'." Loke commented, by foundation he was refering to all the tech in Ultron and the blood inside of himself. "Everyone thinks we're someone else, when neither of us want to be said person. Ultron hated being called Tony or Ironman...and I hated being called Loki...I finally found something in common with someone and I couldn't read between the lines of what they said."

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
"I can't speak for Asgard." Captain America knew little of the people there, though Thor spoke of them freely, he couldn't judge them before he was actually among them. He knew that Loki had done them great harm as well, which was amplified by the fact that he had lived among them and still betrayed them.

When he froze the water and pulled his hand back, Thor turned the glass upside down to see if it would fall out, but it was frozen firmly to the sides.

"And with a straw, perhaps." Thor suggested. It was understandable that Loke didn't know what he wanted to do next, so he didn't press, but his thoughts on the other Avengers was troubling.

"Anything that they attempt to do to you, they will have to do to me. And they cannot do it to me." He said this with a great deal of certainty.

"You two are not the same, Loke. Ultron seeks to destroy us, while you only wish to be safe from us. You hate to be compared to Loki, but unlike Ultron you aren't seeking vengeance, you only want to live peacefully. Not long ago I would have seen that as weakness, but 'tis a noble thing to long for peace instead of war as you do."

(( I keep forgetting to ask on discord so I'll ssy it here! Is Dr Thaddeus Grindle your character? He's very interesting!

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
(yep, Dr. Thaddues Grindle is my character. ^^ I didn't know any shield members of staff and I don't think there really would be any noteworthy doctors so, I figured I'd put in a oc for it. If you want I can have him show up more often?)

Thaddues could hear what Steve said and while he wanted to make a retort, he didn't. Didn't know Asgard...then did any of them have the right to judge someone they didn't know just because they shared a look with someone and other things? It was merely human nature to judge others and yet it still irked him so badly. Maybe it was due to his own past? Having to put up with being judged constantly for things someone else did and his own actions were meaningless in the end? Maybe he was seeing too much of himself in Loke, not a bad thing but...Fury might not like it.

"Maybe I should just...skip the water for now?" Loke suggested with a shrug as he watched Thor shake the glass filled with ice.

Frozen solid, well then. That would probably take a hour or so to melt if it stayed in this room; maybe longer. As Thor spoke, Loke found little encouragement from it. Thor didn't need to take any blows for him. And what would they all do to him? Good question with no real answer other than being untrusting of him. Couldn't blame them.

"They aren't going to see that!! They won't.." Loke retorted.

"For now, you should just focus on recovering." Thaddues said as he stood in the door way, his eyes looking at the two empowered beings in this room. "I doubt it helps to ease your nerves but I did attempt talking to them. If things get worse, I do take responsibility for that."

"You...talked to them? Why?" Loke asked, a nervous look on his face as he stared at the doctor.

"I know the situation your in, not to the same degree but I know how it feels. And well, like you I got saved from the fate I tried to put on myself and I wanted to help you out."