Visionary Tales
9/18/19: Visionary Tales is ELEVEN YEARS OLD! Happy birthday! Leave a post on the site today (anywhere!) as a gift to VT. It's a good day to catch up on replies. (;If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

False Loki comes on the tide (Evilcope)

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
"You do not know this, Loke. And to think that they will not change their thoughts is like how they think you are not different than who you look like." At Thaddeus' words, he looked to the doctor. "I would not blame you for that unless you were telling them to act worse." Thor had incited much trouble with his own failure to think before he spoke, so he wouldn't hold it against the doctor if he said something by accident.

"What has happened to you like this, doctor?" Thor asked, "How is it that you were saved?"

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"How was....I saved?" Thaddues repeated, pondering it as his hand reached for his throat but he paused mid reach.

Pulling his hand away, he cleared his throat before taking a deep breather.

"Honestly, I can't really count myself saved. Sure, the paramedics were called in time to stop all the bleeding and get me to the hospital to 'fix' me up so nothing was wrong physically." Thaddues responded. "Although....I will say I finally got given the chance I desired so much to walk away from the shadows of something else. To finally be seen as my own person instead of the....Thing everyone percieved me to be just because of blood and name."

Ah yes, Grindle...a very unassuming last name you would think? Unfortunately so though, a certain...family member of his made that name into the papers with all the shit they pulled. All the rude and crude things they did, being nothing but an ass. Taking a deep breathe again, he stirred his mind to focus once more.

"As for your first question, I have attempted to..take my own life before. Essentially it was what your friend was doing but in a less painful way till it went awray...correct?" Thaddues said, looking to Loke, only for the horned man to look down somewhat ashamed. "You don't have to feel that way, many people feel like they hit that point. Where no one will care, where it seems like the only thing that would make people happy and you can do right, is to end it all. I had a time in life, where I believed that rather strongly, even more so due to the fact that all people saw who knew me, saw that person."

Again, his hand reached for his throat. Hovering there before gently grasping it. Massaging the long scars across his throat.

"And yet, I found myself having ended up here eventually. My knowledge was useful and with time, Fury started to see me rather than the Thing that he and a few people still remembered." Thaddus added.

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
Thor always found it surprising how resilient humans were, despite being so easily harmed compared to Asgardians, they still survived through so much. If attacked with a weapon that could harm them across the throat, they were about as likely to survive as a human would be. He wasn't aware of the other man that had the same last name, as the Asgardian wasn't well-read on much of the history of humans, or even current events.

"A difficult way to do that, friend." he said when the doctor said he had done it to himself. "It does seem that you know what Loke is feeling quite well." Thor briefly wondered if Fury had chosen this doctor on purpose, but thought even if it was, it was a good thing.   

"And what great things you have accomplished with your life!" Thor said, ever optimistic, "You have saved Loke's, and many others I am sure, despite what anyone had ever thought of you."

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Not too difficult actually, well...if you refer to mustering up the sheer stupidity to do it, then yes. It took effort to do that." Thaddues responded. "I am only trying to help make things right. If i can do something to a small degree, then I shall."

The kind smile on his face faded after a moment. Knowing that he had many things he had to do and while he liked the idea of just staying here and trying to help, he knew he had a job to do.

"For the moment, please refrain from giving him any liquids. If his freezing abilities persist after a few more hours, we'll see if hotter liquids will be able to be cosumed without them freezing over. I fear I have to report to Fury, so I must take my leave." Thaddues started. "And Loke please...don't give up on yourself."

Loke glanced at the man, confused by them but he didn't stay anything as the doctor left. All they could do was honestly hope for him to recover. As Thaddues walked through the halls, he took a deep and calming breathe. Certainly a interesting day in all honesty.

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
"I shall wait for your order, healer." Thor agreed, as he didn't want to cause more trouble for Loke by getting his face frozen to a cup of water.

"Thank you for your aid, Dr. Thaddeus." Thor gave him a very firm handshake before he left. He was happy that it was him reporting to Fury, Thor knew that the director was prickly and would find sins in a saint, but having someone that wouldn't feed his suspicious mind was helpful.

"Is there anything that I could get for you, Loke?" Thor asked, of course excluding fluids. "If you enjoy television, I can have one brought in for you."

((Gonna be messaging some possible plot stuff to you!

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Honestly...I just want some silence and heat." Loke answered. "I'll be fine."

It was a odd attempt to recover. Even as a week passed, the temperature around the man started to go back to normal. However Loke was still rather cold. The blue skin and the golden horns were sticking out of his head remained. The cooling touch he had was lessened thankfully, so nothing was immediately freezing over. Although if he held onto something for ten minutes straight it would drop in temperature and start to freeze over at that point; now if he wore gloves that was lessened and it took longer for things to cool to the point of freezing.

Taking to wearing gloves at that point, Loke still felt a lack of heat. His entire body always felt cold at this point, never once heating up even with the aid of the something warm or hot. It would only make the illusion of warmth for a few brief seconds before cooling off and fading away. Nothing froze inside of him at least...not like it really mattered. The stab wound to his side was on the road to recovering swiftly. The chance of reopening his wounds was there and honestly, the lack of moving Loke had been doing only aided in it staying sealed. It didn't speak much for Loke's mental state though. As they stayed in the room, they grew more and more quiet. Even Thor was struggling to get them to open up.

"So he's still being less vocal..." Thaddues muttered as he sat there, allowing Thor to air their concerns.

It was only natural for someone to shut down. For a while, Thaddues could recall how he was quiet after the paramedics and doctors saved his life; though talking with such severe wounds across your throat was a no go. So his silence remained even after  that healed up.

"I know it's a long shot but perhaps see if one of your team mates trying to show them that they are giving him a real chance could help?" Thaddues suggested to Thor. "You know them better than I do. Do you think one of them would be willing?"

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
Thor was pondering if he should try and find an old artifact he had heard of, that burns eternally no matter what environment it is in, but he decided against it as it reduced most creatures to ash upon contact if the rumors were true. Other than that, he had no idea how to help Loke to keep him from being cold, as even the coffee machine he had moved into his room only offered brief warmth to him.

"That he is." Thor said to Thaddeus, having hoped that Loke would speak more once he regained his strength, but he seemed to be speaking less than when the injury was at its worst. At his question, he thought seriously, Cap seemed like he would be the most accepting, but he had found that the soldier wasn't very social overall, the majority of the team couldn't be considered, so he could only think of one.

"I do believe so, my good friend Bruce would be perfect." he said, not even considering the fact that if he wasn't perfect for it, Hulk could come out and make a real mess of things. "I shall summon him!" Thor proclaimed, before going over to a panel on the wall and sending a message for the man to come.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Bruce Banner....the man who could turn into the Hulk..hm. Perhaps a rather fitting idea? Perhaps the man could help Loke see that there was hope? Thaddeus couldn't help but smile at the idea. If anyone faced persecution, it was certainly Bruce. If anyone could give a better torch to see with, it had to be them. Hopefully the man was okay with the idea. The doctor had no idea just how Bruce felt about the whole Loki thing that happened..and it was even more so with how their counterpart.

"That sounds like a good start." Thaddeus spoke. "So long as Mr. Banner is alright with trying."

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
"I am certain he will be." Thor said, "I believe he needs more friends as well." The man had isolated himself further, staying in the company of his fellow Avengers as if he did Hulk out, they knew how to deal with him. It wasn't long before Bruce came into the room, panting a bit as he readjusted his glasses.

"I've told you, Thor, I'm not that kind of doctor, I don't know if I can help with--" He looked at the calm scene before him, "You said there was something urgent...?"

"Indeed, we require your company, Bruce."

"How can I help?" he asked, glad that it wasn't a medical emergency.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Thank you for coming Mr. Banner." Thaddues spoke. "We would like to ask something of you and you are fully free to decline. It does involve Loki."

The doctor stayed put, wondering how he should word it. He had a feeling if he left it to Thor, the matter would go on longer than intended. Still...there was always a reason to consider one's choice of words before speaking.

"Loki has withdrawn greatly, hardly saying a word to even Thor now. And truthfully, I'm worried for his mental well being." thaddues started. "I was asking Thor if there was anyone part of the team who would be willing to give Loki a real chance, whose opinions wouldn't bleed through and make the situation worse. I apologize if my wording is poor but the simplest way to put it is, Loki needs interactions outside of Thor and with his attempt of...suicide a while ago, we need to be careful who we pick to try and help him out."

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
Bruce seemed to relax a bit when he found out it wasn't something that involved the Hulk, as he was pretty sure he would be too dumb to tell the difference between Loki and Loke, and even if that wasn't the case he wasn't the most fun to hang around with.

"And you want... me?" he asked, thinking that he himself wasn't very entertaining to be around. "I don't mind spending time with him, but are you sure he wants to spend time with me?" He wasn't doing anything too important at the moment, nothing that he couldn't take some time away from, and the Hulk was only used for missions where his destructive nature was encouraged, so it would need to be an actual emergency.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Yes. We know tony is a poor choice along with Hawkeye from last I heard happened...with Steve and Natasha they're a mystery in this department. Cap would probably be useful but it's the willingless on their end along with how current events could've changed how they viewed Loke." Thaddues explained. "We just want him to not stay in a bad mental state and by shutting down like he is, it's just going to pull him back to that state of mind that drove him to...well...try to kill himself that has resulted in these current physical changes."

At Bruce's question, Thaddues shrugged. He truthfully didn't know if Loke wanted to talk to anyone or not. The man just seemed to be shutting down basically. Not really talking to Thor anymore as well.

"Hard to say as Loke isn't talking to anyone at all. Not even Thor." Thaddues replied. "Truthfully it's a all a gamble if he wants to interact or not. But doing nothing to try and help him won't help his mental state. If anything, no one new trying to help prove every thought he has wrong could make it worse. If someone tries to extend a hand to em..maybe he'll open up again. Although...I have a feeling if Tony finds out, he'll probably want to try and get information out of him."

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
Bruce wrung his hands a bit, as he did when he was nervous. He still didn't think he was a good candidate for this, but considering the rest of them, he did seem to be the best. He didn't have a social life himself, too worried about losing control, and while he still did his own work, he didn't need to train like the others did. Bruce didn't think there was anything he could do to himself that would alter how the Hulk was, aside from getting a haircut.

"I'll give it a try." Bruce agreed. Best case scenario, he would be able to make a difference and help Loke. Worst case scenario... well, Thor would be with them, and he could physically handle the Hulk better than anyone.

"I'm not telling Tony anything." He could be stubborn when he wanted to be, and even though the billionaire was his friend, that didn't mean he approved of how he treated Loke. Even if he had information that could prove Loke was good, he knew how hard it was for Tony to admit he was wrong.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"A try is all I ask." Thaddues reassured.

So long as there was a attempt to help the man, that was fine. Not every plan worked, so there was always other methods to try. He just needed time to think of something else besides interactions. Besides...social interaction was highly needed for anyone.It always worked the best for situations like these....didn't it? He nodded when Bruce said he wouldn't tell Tony, feeling some relief at that. Any attempts they were going to make, couldn't afford to be sabotaged by outside forces.

"If you are free then, you could try to visit him now?" Thaddues offered, willingly to show the man the room that Loke was in.

Whenever Bruce was open for seeing Loke, the man was still sitting in the same spot as before. Although they seemed to be trying to pull off the amulet that they were always wearing. The item still rather intent to stay around his neck no matter how hard he pulled up. A sound of frustration left him as he released it, sinking his fingers into his black hair as he bunched up and he seemed unaware that the door was opened. A sympathetic look was on Thaddues's face as he glanced to Bruce.

"Just call for me if anything happens, I won't be too far away." Thaddues said.

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
"I'm free." Bruce said, following him to the room. "And I will." Unlike the others, it was near impossible for Bruce to be concerned that Loke might hurt him, his only concern was for Loke. If anything did happen, then it would be Loke that ended up being put out of commission, not himself, so unless he thought he might Hulk out he wasn't going to call out for Thaddeus' help. He walked over to Loke, pulling up a chair to the side of his bed and sitting down.

"How are you doing, Loke?" he asked, "Even if that necklace could come off, I don't think you could pull it off your head like that." The horns would prove to be an issue even with a regular necklace.