Visionary Tales
9/18/19: Visionary Tales is ELEVEN YEARS OLD! Happy birthday! Leave a post on the site today (anywhere!) as a gift to VT. It's a good day to catch up on replies. (;If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

False Loki comes on the tide (Evilcope)

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Why was he here? The thought circled round his head as he sat there, his gaze firmly set on the sheets of the bed. His fingers shifted in his black hair. Causing strands of hair to move and be shuffled about. The cold from the metal horns didn't reach through his skin; his frustration at this would be noticeable  as he repetitively tapped the cold metal. Trying to gain some sort of reaction from it. But when your whole body was already cold, the only thing that could register would be a great deal of heat or subzero temperatures.

"Why are you here...." Loke asked, his voice sounded broken as he pulled his fingers away from the golden horns.

Thaddues gave a sigh when he was far enough from the door to feel more at comfortable with lingering about. His hands slowly went into the pockets of his coat, searching for one particulair item. Kind of ironic truthfully...that he would have only the negative things to have in common with another. Well, and probably something else. Sure enough, he felt the warm metal of the container and pulled out a flask like object. The shape was more rounded though rather than thin and flat squared looking, though it wasn't any bigger than a normal flask. Just weirdly made...a defect if you would. The old metal was only warm due to it always being on his person, resting against some part of his body.

"Kinda wonder....what would happen...." Thaddues muttered to himself, before shaking his head and opening the flask just about ready to take a drink from it.

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
"To see how you're doing." Bruce replied, "And maybe get to know you, we've hardly talked." He didn't have to be a therapist to be able to tell how miserable the man seemed to be. "What have you been doing since you woke up? I haven't seen you around the base at all."

Thor had decided to leave Loke and Bruce to get acquainted, not wanting to interrupt any bonding opportunities, so he instead followed Thaddeus.

"It depends how strong your ale is." Thor said, thinking he had snuck in alcohol in the flask.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Thaddues chuckled before closing the flask.

"Not ale my friend, medicine." Thaddues corrected. "Granted poor choice of container on my part for it but...I find it the best one. Say, you aren't up to anything in particuliar are you? I have a small favor to ask."

If Thor was willing to hear the favor out, Thaddues would gesture for the hero to follow him. Going down many halls that were probably a maze to those unfamiliar with the structure. Good thing Thaddues had long gotten used to it, he'd been in Nick Fury's employment for a while. This place was just one long tunnel with multiple pathways to the doctor now. Soon enough, they would come to a door and Thaddues would pause.

"Tell me...what is Loke like to you? You're the only one who seems to understand that they aren't the same person that they look like. But how is it you view him? A comrade? A friend? A new sibling?" Thaddues asked. "Sorry, the question is only a small bit important."

"Sitting here, in my cage." Loke replied as he glanced to em. "This isn't a trick is it?"

Loke's eyes directed themselves to the scientist. He could remember the first time he saw em, how the interaction went...the look of shock on their face when the ice had been unleashed due to Hawkeye shooting him and well...loosing control of the new powers that were only awakened a little while before that. The attempt to seek advice later on that Loke had done, never did get to try the meditation suggestion.

"I really don't think they'd let me out of this room, best to not find out." Loke added as he stayed put.

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
"That is more fitting for a doctor, but you should have a second one for ale." Thor had planned to spend the day with Loke, but now he was wondering if he was, as the humans said, 'smothering him'. "You may ask a great favor of me and I shall do it." That was the least he could do for the doctor who had saved Loke.

"I see him as a friend, and as a brother, but as I see my other warriors as my brothers and sisters. It is true he looks just like Loki, and I cannot help but think of my brother when I see his face. But he acts nothing like my brother, I have spoken with mortals that remind me more of Loki than he does."

"This is nicer than the cage they made for me." Bruce said at his comment, "No, I'm not good with tricks." He even fell for them quite easily at times, but he didn't want to admit that.

"They would have told you if you could leave this room." He paused, "Well, maybe not, but they would have told me about it. And I didn't hear anything about sounding the alarm if I saw you walking around."

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Thought buot it honestly but can't. No getting drunk on the job allowed." Thaddues explained as he pocketed the flask. "That answer makes me glad honestly, the way you see him. I thinkyour the best person to ask this favor of."

Leading the way to that door, he'd pause as his hand hovered over the doorknob. He really needed to spend time with them himself...but with him being more useful to SHIELD in patching people up...well. It was hard to really get time to do this.

"I have my own brother whose here as well and sadly...I don't have the time to help him out or really make the day less boring. Could you..make sure he doesn't strain himself too much? He tends to get absorbed in what he's doing and holds himself up in here." Thaddues explained.

"I can hear ya'll through the door you know! SHIELD hasn't yet made every room soundproof!" A voice called from inside the room, causing Thaddeus's face to pale before he laughed.

"Damn it..."

Loke merely shrugged. Truthfully, he knew nothing about Bruce himself. Sure he knew that they were the Hulk but that was common knowledge. Common...every day knowledge. Could Bruce be tricky? They claimed not to be and honestly...what reason was their to lie? Maybe they weren't lying...could they not be lying? A uncertain and skeptical look was directed at Bruce as they claimed that they would've informed him of such a thing. So...did that mean he wasn't stuck in here? But it could still be a trick. They could just not inform people but...that was so stupid!

Loke turned his gaze away from the man as a weak, nervous laugh left him. Tears leaving his eyes as he put a blue hand against his face. Shaking his head as he shuddered.

"It's all so stupid....what am I doing..?" Loke questioned out loud as he sat there. "It's just like waking up in that ruined house all over again.."

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
"Is he a scientist?" Thor asked, as that description seemed to match many of the human scientists he had met. When the man said he could hear them, Thor spoke again. "Are you a scientist?"

He then looked back to the doctor, "I would be honored to stand vigil over your brother." He refrained from saying 'as you had mine' in case SHIELD was listening and ever suspicious.

"What ruined house?" Bruce asked, he didn't comment on how upset the other seemed, not wanting to discourage him from letting out his emotions.

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Yes." The voice replied.

Thaddues chuckled as he walked over to the door, turning the knob, he pushed it open.The room was rather well kept and tidy, though the most noticeable thing was a table that had various scientific items and chemicals. A man was sitting there at the large table, who was resting in a wheelchair. Pushing back, they looked almost identical to Thaddues. The only difference between the two was slightly longer hair that had a bit of a wave to it, clothes, and their eyes were a lighter shade than Thaddues's.

"Hi, I'm Thatch." The man agreed.

"I used to think it was the....remains of my childhood home but now...with everything Ultron said...it's not that. It's all just fake and my head....it's..." Loki started, pushing tears away as he tried to remove the tears that were building up. "it's all fake...not real.."

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
"Greetings, Thatch." Thor said to the man, "Do the two of you get into mischief by replacing one another?" he asked, as it was certainly hard to tell them apart. "It may be dangerous, however, if you end up doing each other's trade." It would have been most amusing if they had done it as children, he decided.

"What are you working on?" he asked, "A potion?"

"Like a simulation?" Bruce asked, "What do you remember about your old home? How much do you remember the people in it?"

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Thatch laughed.

"Well...I guess we once did, although it's a...complicated situation." Thatch responded with a small smile.

A potion eh? THat was sort of right considering the circumstances. Leaning back in his chair, Thatch stretched slightly. Although his legs didn't move with this gesture like one would expect; as often when someone stretched while sitting, their legs would stick out.

"Don't bore him with all the chemical talk, Thatch." Thaddeus joked before walking away, Thatch merely rolled his eyes.

"If you want you can take a seat Thor, you don't need to stay standing the whole time." Thatch offered. "As for the 'potion', it's rather fitting actually to call it that. I'm sure you've probably noticed the medicine that Thaddues has?"

Loke sat there, struggling to figure out what exactly they meant by the question. He gave a weak shrug.

"I thought they were memories...I know what they looked like, it...it was convincing enough to me when I woke up but clearly it's not given everything that has happened." Loke replied, sounding more distressed as he sat there. "Even then...aren't memories just a simulation of what has happened..a easily warped tape that time can destroy or corrupt it.."