Visionary Tales
If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

The Hit[m]an (PendragonXeno94+Kei])

Kei · 568 · 30516

Offline Kei

• View Profile
Evanna blinked slowly, taking in everything she was hearing and what wasn't being said. She was excited to see a castle and figured she'd definitely sketch a bit there, but learning she was right about what the Yakuza was only had her more curious. By Isao's blank expression though, it wasn't a good topic so she'd drop it, instead choosing to give him another warm smile as they kept walking. "Huh, well that's interesting. I'm just glad to know what the word meant, so thank you. Although..." She turned to walk a little faster ahead of him, lifting her long hair for a moment to reveal the edge of something underneath her shirt. She then dropped her hair again to hide the tattoo once more.

"I guess that means I should not show off mine since I wouldn't know where they were banned. But in any case, I'm more interested in seeing  this castle you've told me about. Considering I'll probably keep you there a while though, this may be our last stop for the day. Still, I can't complain for the company." She gave him another of her cheeky grins, clearly of the mind to tease him. Though she honestly didn't mind his company, he was clearly sensitive about people choosing to spend time around him so she was acting flippant about it to hopefully keep him more relaxed.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• The Hoarder of Notebooks
    • View Profile
As she walked ahead of him, he noticed that something was peeking from underneath her shirt. "Well, they'll just look at you and know you're a foreigner. They can't exactly kick you out of somewhere." He had seen plenty of tourists with tattoo sleeves and locals shaking their heads, knowing that the former group didn't know any better. Though, he became curious as to what she had tattooed on her.

"I don't mind," he said. "I can just let you be while you draw." He chuckled at her cheeky grin. "You might want to be careful how much you tease me." Her acting flippant was slightly unnecessary, but he simply let her go about it as he felt that it was just her excitement. "There are two palaces there and a garden that surrounds both of them. The garden is honestly the best part about Nijo. I'm sure you'll find plenty of things to sketch." Nijo was going to be open for another four hours, anyway.

He kept his pace for Evanna, falling silent before speaking again. "Is there any reason why you got a tattoo?"
The dragon becomes me...

Offline Kei

• View Profile
She snorted in clear amusement. "Then at least I'll know when I see them doing that what it's about." It was good he didn't mind waiting for her if she decided to sketch, that was a rare trait in a man as far as she was concerned. She turned to grin up at him as he chuckled at her cheekiness then commented about the teasing. "Why be careful about it considering you seem to be enjoying my teasing you? Of course, it's all in good fun and if you don't like it I'll stop doing it." She shrugged, because she really was enjoying herself. "People back home take things too seriously to let me tease them even a little bit, so it's a fun change for me that you're letting me." And also she'd taken a backhand to the face for her teasing, but that was besides the point.

She locked her hands behind her back and walked that way, thinking about things to come. "If this place is even half as interesting as you make it sound, I'm sure I'll love being there and sketching everything." She fell back into silence for a while before finally tilting her head back towards Isao as he asked about her tattoo. She bit at her lower lip for a moment, hesitant about telling him the truth before deciding just to go for it. She wasn't trying to impress him, so what did it matter if he knew she was a bit of a wild child at heart. "Honestly, I got it for several reasons. One was because my father forbade it so I had to sneak out and prove to him I could do what I wanted to sometimes and not only do as I was told. Another reason is that..."

She ran a hand lightly against the back of her neck then along her right shoulder, a good indicator of where the tattoo was. She seemed thoughtful for a long moment before continuing. "Also because my mother had the same tattoo, it was part of her heritage and my getting the same one both lets me do the same as well as honor her memory. It was the greatest tribute I could give her besides keeping my promise to be the person I wanted to be and not who my father wanted to shape me into. The tattoo actually covers most of my back and both shoulders, and it took me months to get it finished because I could only do a bit at a time and had to let that heal before getting the next part so that I could pay for it and not make my father suspicious. He was...very unhappy when he finally found out but by then there was nothing he could do about it so..."

She shrugged again, though chose not to mention that her father had, in fact, done something. A certain something that had ended in the death of her mother for encouraging her to disobey the rules. She felt guilty about it sometimes, but her mother had been so proud of her so in the end it was all worth it.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
"True." It was a nice change that she was more bubbly than some other people he knew. He knew it was like to be around others that tend to be more serious. "It's fine that you tease me. That's just a part of you."

He let her explain her reasoning of getting the tattoo, but his interest was piqued when she told him how much space her tattoo took up. It became clear the more time he spent with her that she was something of a free spirit. Though he felt there was more to what she was letting on, but he chose once again not to press her on. "I would like to see it sometime, if you're alright with that," he told her. As they continued on, he happened to see two young boys trailing behind their father as they begged him to take them to the park, to which the father just regarded warmly and took them by the hand.

"Shouldn't be too far now." He cast his eyes down for a moment. "Do you have other hobbies besides drawing?"
The dragon becomes me...

Offline Kei

• View Profile
The smile he got for being alright with her being who she was naturally was bright and happy. Isao was definitely one of the good ones in her book. She caught the interest he held in her explanation over her tattoo, but she was curious to note he didn't choose to ask more about it. Hmm...so he was one of those that preferred to let others keep their secrets then, that was fine. Probably he had a few of his own so it was only fair.

His query to see the tattoo had her cheeky grin coming back to her face. "It may surprise you to learn I'm not a modest creature by nature, so I wouldn't mind showing you the tattoo at some point. Besides, I'm proud of it so I like showing it off." And she left it at that without any additional teasing. She'd show him if he wanted to see it; probably somewhere a little less crowded but that was a given and if he was going to spend any amount of time around her surely she'd have to invite him over at some point just to spend time with him.

She saw a father and his two small children walking passed and watched them with a warm sort of fondness lighting her face before turning back to her companion as he asked her about other hobbies. "I have loads of hobbies besides drawing, that's just the one I find the most soothing. I love doing anything that involves using my hands. Painting, sculpting, wood working, even putting things together. I'm terrible at anything to do with cars though, but I do love watching someone that does know how to  do it."

She thought about it for a long while, then decided to put the ball back in his court and see what happened. "What about you? Surely you aren't always working, so what sort of things do you do for fun? Do you have any tattoos?" She took a deep breath and embraced her inner babbling nature. "Ooh and speaking of fun places to visit, how's the nightlife here? I love to dance even though I don't get to do it often. If there's any place like that here I'll definitely have to check it out while I'm in Kyoto." She spun herself around in a circle, laughing all the while and clearly very happy with her world as it stood. Plus, the company was nice.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
"Is that so?" he asked upon her mentioning she wasn't the most modest thing in the world. And while he did want to see her tattoo, he would be fine if she decided to wait until they knew each other better, which was how he always was his own body.

He listened to her say what her other hobbies were, and he smiled. "I guess I like working with my hands, too, in a way. But I'm not the best handyman in the world with cars, either." When asked what his hobbies were, he shrugged. "Well, I play the piano some. I also like to do puzzles, meditating, reading, collecting manga, collecting antiques from the shogun era, practicing martial arts... I try to do things when I'm not working."

Isao shook his head when asked about the nightlife. "I'm not really the one to ask. I'm not fond of any kind of nightlife. Though I... try to dance. I'm not very good at it." He didn't mean to sound all that boring, but he genuinely didn't like going to clubs. "I prefer just strolling around when there's daylight."
The dragon becomes me...

Offline Kei

• View Profile
Evanna only shrugged, cheeky grin back in place. "I learned at a young age that being modest only got me teased and ridiculed for being childish so I did away with it. So I'm hardly modest, but as you can probably guess I prefer to know someone before showing off. After all, you never really know people right off." It was a practical way of thinking, but it had helped her survive over the years.

She listened intently to him as he spoke of hobbies and of the nightlife. "That sounds like you stay busy then, which is good. And not everyone enjoys going out so to each their own. I'll find out about it somehow so don't worry about not knowing. Also, you don't have to be good at dancing to enjoy it, but that's besides the point." Also she had to fight the urge to grin because this was one of her favorite things to use as a cover for flirting and it was automatic by this point.

She managed though, deciding it wasn't worth it to flirt with a man that wasn't interested in her that way in the first place. She thought about it, then picked back up the conversation. "I know a bit about defending myself - living in a big city I'd be stupid not to - but nothing that requires as much work as learning martial arts, so I think that's really awesome you know that. Hmm...I'm a fan of  history but never thought to collect it. I sketch places then find out the history behind it."

She fell silent again, then gave a small smile. "I enjoy walking with someone, so if it's an option between a nightclub alone and a walk with good company I'll take the latter thanks." She remembered he mentioned playing the piano and thought of something else to ask. "So you play you said, maybe I'll get to hear that sometime if you're game." The rest she wasn't overly excited about, but it was fun learning about someone else for a change. She hadn't felt this relaxed around another person in years. It was...really nice honestly.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Isao nodded. "That's always true. I don' show off my tattoos to just anyone, either. In fact, I don't really go around shirtless around someone I hardly know." It wasn't that he was trying to sound prude or anything, it was just how things were. "It's more of a comfort thing, I suppose."

He chuckled, seeing her resist the urge to grin. "You're allowed to flirt, if you want to. I won't say anything." It wasn't unwelcome, after all. "I'd probably enjoy myself more if I actually could dance." To keep the conversation going, he added "I learned jujitsu, aikodo, and tae kwon do over the years. I thought about learning kickboxing or something like that, but I didn't want to feel like I was overwhelming myself. It's good that you know how to defend yourself, too."

Chuckling again, he shrugged. "If you do come to my house, I might. I don't normally have anyone aside from my... business associates come over. And when it's a woman-" He paused. "Well, you know."

Seeing the entrance in sight, he gestured toward it and led her there. He quickly paid for admission and walked in. "If you climb over there, you'll see one of the castles," he told her.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline Kei

• View Profile
Evanna nodded as well to the explanation. "Exactly, it's definitely a comfort thing, not to mention a trust thing. Regardless, we'll have to see about how I feel about showing you before my time here is over. However long that may be." The comment about dancing returned and with it her urge to grin and say something that probably wasn't going to be welcomed. Her face scrunched up comically because really the innuendo in that was just ridiculous and thus hard to ignore. Though she did give him a sideways glance at the permission to flirt and considering she thought he didn't like women so much younger than himself she found it difficult to believe he wouldn't be bothered by it. He'd said to, though, so maybe...

Finally she couldn't stand it anymore and just gave him her best cheeky grin before calmly and confidently speaking her mind. "You know, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say you have in fact danced before. And if your partner had no complaints, I imagine it's a good bet you at least had some moves to speak of. So probably your aren't as bad at it as you think. And if you don't believe me, well I'm sure I could always show you some of my moves, you know, just to...help you get better at it. After all, all it takes is a little bit of rhythm." And suddenly she felt better, and at least this was a small and very subtle flirt on her part to test the waters a bit. He was an attractive man, after all, and she wasn't blind. She was also aware her accent was slipping a bit into the more lilting scottish tones she usually didn't show. She couldn't help it though, she usually couldn't when she was both deeply entertained and also flirting in any capacity. It was a thing.

She let silence fall around them for a long moment, letting her words sink in before calmly moving on with the conversation so he could ignore the flirting if he so chose. "I know kickboxing actually. It's a lot of hard work to learn, but it's definitely a must for learning to defend yourself." She thought about the notion of going to his home and the subtle hint he dropped about female company, and the cheeky grin was back as she announced her next words. "Well then, I'll just have to see about getting you to invite me over at some point, now won't I? After all, I'm deeply curious and I do enjoy music in all its forms." She blinked and shrugged, but was then distracted from her next words by him gesturing to their destination then telling her where the castle was.

Green eyes lit up with excitement and she darted off, climbing easily up until she got the view she wanted and taking in the castle beyond with a quiet sort of awe. All thoughts of flirtation and tattoos and dancing fled her mind as she stood there and just marvelled at what was before her. This sort of single-minded focus usually unnerved people, but she didn't care she was absolutely in love with this place. She turned to her companion, pressing a gentle hand on his arm for attention and looking up into his eyes before giving him her heartfelt gratitude. "This place is amazing, and beautiful, and I love it so much. Thank you for bringing me here, Isao." She dropped her hand then and turned away from him to find a spot to sit so she could sketch absolutely everything. Absently she pulled her long hair over one shoulder and braided it so it was out of the way before settling down and pulling out some of her supplies. She was really just so happy about this place.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
However long that may be. His train of thought was disrupted when he noticed Evanna's face scrunching up. "Did I say something?" He eventually caught on to what she was trying to say. "Oh, that kind of dancing I'm good at. But I prefer it being behind closed doors." As she slipped into a light Scottish accent and telling him she could show him some of her moves sometime, he gave her a small smirk. "Being a bit forward, now?" If she could flirt with him, then he could certainly flirt back.

He nodded and smiled as she mentioned that she learned kickboxing. He saw her grin return as she said that he'd have to invite her over sometime. He laughed slightly. "Evanna, we can just arrange it. You make it sound like you're trying to work for it."

Watching her run about and be in awe of everything, he let her climb up to see one of the castles and then find somewhere to sit so she could draw. He felt her hand on his arm, and e regarded her warmly. "You're welcome," he told her.

He meandered around while she sketched, wanting to walk around and let her draw all while keeping an eye on her and making sure nothing befell her. Walking back after what felt like and eternity, he sat down next to her, subjecting himself to people watching while sneaking glances at her sketch.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline Kei

• View Profile
Warm, husky laughter left her at the returned flirtation so clearly she was happy about it. "Maybe just a bit, but you did say it was okay to flirt a little and so I did. And the rest I'll have to take you at your word over." She shrugged slightly at his reaction to the visiting his home comment. "I suspect you'd get to know someone new before inviting them over, but no I'm not trying to work for it. I'm only encouraging the notion." Then she was taken in by the castle and barely noted his reaction to her words to him though she did hear him tell her 'you're welcome.' She settled in with her sketch pad, doing a quick outline of the buildings beyond as well as some of the pathways that had taken them there. Slowly the scenes began to take shape as she added details to each one, barely noticing when Isao left her side or even when he returned to her.

Many of her sketches were of the buildings and the lands around them, but a few were of things she'd seen on the way there. A pair of birds flying overhead, a woman holding the hand of a small child as they crossed the streets, the endless sea of faces that were everywhere in such a large city; each she drew with little details many people just walking passed may never notice. More than two hours passed this way before she finally remembered she wasn't alone and looked back up to notice her companion sitting next to her. She blinked and set her sketchbook down, standing up so she could stretch before turning back to her companion with a slightly bashful expression on her face. "I guess I got a little caught up in seeing things here, sorry about that." She looked up at the sky and noted the changing colors that signaled the day was ending soon. She felt...strangely disappointed.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
A small snicker escaped him. "I said it sounds like it," he teased. "But yes. I think eventually once we know each other well enough."

While he sat, he kept glancing down at her sketchpad as she worked to bring life to her drawing, though he kept looking up so that he didn't as though he was intruding on her and her work. He did take the time to watch the endless flow of people come through. An older woman pulled what appeared to be her son along as the man hastily tried to get in front of her; he couldn't quite hear what was said, but what he got out of it was that the woman was blind and the son was worried about her wander too far ahead of him. A few children that looked ten swerved in and out of the crowd as their teacher huffed in disgust.

It had been two hours before Evanna got up and blushed. "It's alright," he said. "You seemed keen on getting everything on paper." It was then that he saw the sun setting out of the corner of his eye. "Did you want me to walk you back to your hotel room?"
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 10:27:16 PM by PendragonXeno94 »
The dragon becomes me...

Offline Kei

• View Profile
Evanna stretched again, working the kinks out of her back from staying in  one position for too long. She shook her legs to get the feeling back into them and ran a hand through her wayward hair which pulled it out of the braid she'd put it in once more. Finally she got ahold of her embarrassment enough to focus back on her companion. "Yeah, I get this way a lot when I see something that inspires my muse. One time I didn't come out of that for like seven hours and my brothers tossed me in the swimming pool to get back at me for worrying them." She rolled her eyes, because really they were only worried because they thought that when she was quiet she was scheming against them which - usually - wasn't true.

She looked out at the sunset once it was mentioned before nodding back to her companion. "Yeah, I do need to get back before the sun goes down or I'll never find the hotel again." She gave him a small, honest smile at the offer to walk with her and nodded slowly. "I wouldn't mind the company back, so thanks for offering to come with me." Besides that, she was enjoying his company and wasn't ready to part ways yet. Hard to believe it had been less than a day since they'd met and she already felt so close to him in some odd way. At least here time here in Kyoto wasn't going to be dull.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
The way she rolled her eyes made him think that her brothers might have had a different reason for throwing her into the pool. Still, he didn't think it was the thing to do when she was doing something like that and minding her own business. "I understand that you were in your own space, so I figured you should go on without any distraction." But seeing her a bit flustered was amusing to him.

Nodding, he got up and stretched his legs before leading her back out. "Where are you staying?" He figured that since it was getting dark, he didn't exactly want her to walk around by herself, even though she knew how to defend herself. That, and he didn't want to part ways quite yet. "If you want, we can go do something tomorrow." He was sure they could go to some of the temples or fiding something fun to do.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline Kei

• View Profile
She gave him a tired smile for the thoughtfulness. "Well I do appreciate that, honestly I do." She followed him back out the way they'd come, watching the sky darkening with every step they took. She blinked when asked where she was staying and shrugged. "It's a bit away from here, the Four Seasons hotel. It's very nice; though a little bit pricey. Still I wanted to be comfortable so there's no help for it." She wasn't about to say it was more than eight-hundred dollars a night to stay there, but probably he knew that. Not that money was a problem for her, but still. The place was nice though and it was quiet and the atmosphere was tranquil which she'd appreciated coming into the city. She'd had to book her stay months in advance to pull of such a long stretch, but that was fine after all you got what you paid for. Normally she preferred the simpler things in life, but for a place she was going to live in for a while she preferred comfort over simple. It was an odd contradiction, but that was fine.

She let the silence fall around them, deciding that since it was a comfortable silence she'd let it linger a bit. That was until he surprised her by asking if she wanted to go do something the following day. Green eyes lit up with a mixture of excitement and pleased happiness and she turned around to look up at him. "I would definitely like that. We could grab breakfast at the hotel before going out if you wanted? The food is really good." And she loved the idea of going around exploring Kyoto with him, he made her smile even as  he made her crazy. It was a good mixture and she wanted to keep seeing him and see how things went with their strange friendship.