Visionary Tales
9/18/19: Visionary Tales is ELEVEN YEARS OLD! Happy birthday! Leave a post on the site today (anywhere!) as a gift to VT. It's a good day to catch up on replies. (;If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

The Hit[m]an (PendragonXeno94+Kei])

Kei · 532 · 16803

Offline PendragonXeno94

• The Hoarder of Noebooks
    • View Profile
Isao sighed sadly when she told them that the loss of their baby wasn't his fault and that they didn't know. When asked what they were going to do, he brought his gaze up to meet hers. "Ryu dies," he said, his voice monotone and cold. "Him and all of his best men. Everyone else would just break away." Getting to Ryu undetected would prove to be difficult. He would have to have some power taken from him and his numbers lowered before e could even try to take him on. Emi would likely be more concerned protecting her mother than taking over for her father, anyone who wasn't high in the ranks would simply go elsewhere for work or skip town altogether.

But if it meant that they would be free to be together without having to worry about anyone trying to pull them apart, then it would be worth it. He wasn't about to just hide somewhere for the rest of his life and hope that no one would be able to hunt them down. Though, if he managed to succeed in enacting vengeance, he wouldn't know what to do with himself afterwards.

"I'm hoping I'd be well enough to actually start doing that." Resting his head on her shoulder, he continued to caress her hair as he pressed himself against her.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline Kei

• View Profile
She met his cold gaze head-on as he spoke of his boss needing to die along with those that would stay with him. She could only nod. "Sounds like you'd have your hands full with that, since I imagine it's going to be about as difficult to do as dealing with my father will be for me." She didn't say anything else for a long while, simply letting Isao run a hand through her hair as he pressed himself closer to her. Still it was something important they now discussed and there was a horrible truth behind that she had to bring up.

"You do know it'll be easier for us to deal with things separately, right? If I try and leave Chicago it tips my hand to my father and puts you in danger. At the same time, eventually Ryu will figure out where you are and I can't imagine he'll be nice about dealing with it, and I really don't like it when people try to kill me." She sighed, nuzzling against Isao now and pressing a light kiss against his shoulder; her favorite place to do so. She honestly didn't want to be away from him, but she was easier to catch if she worked with anyone and besides that it wasn't fair to bring him into her drama.

And she had to be careful dismantling this mess or she'd end up the boss - she still might at the current rate of things - and that was also something she'd have to deal with. Honestly, she now longed for the simpler times when she was just a tourist and he a kind businessman showing her around. Things hadn't been so complicated back then. She'd rather be curled up in his arms in their bed, waking up to his often naked form next to her own instead of this uncertainty and pain. She hated the not knowing, but she also knew he couldn't deal with Ryu here and she couldn't go with him and still deal with things here.

She bit at her lower lip hard for a moment before leaning forward and brushing her lips against Isao's, taking the time to just taste him again after what felt like an eternity apart. She wanted so many things right then, but it wasn't to be. Eventually she moved back enough to look up into his face as she said the last thing she wanted to say. "We won't be able to stay together now if we want to deal with this and ever have a future together. You'll have to go back to Tokyo to deal with Ryu and I can't leave Chicago until I've done what I've set out to do."

She gripped him tightly for a moment then loosened her grip as she remembered his injuries. She sighed, carefully sitting up next to him to look down at his injured frame. She gave a barely there smile and shook her head. "Xavi will have my head if you've pulled those stitches out. Let me make sure they're all intact since you're being stubborn about staying in the bed." For a moment she reached for him and hesitated, having so desperately missed the feel of his skin against her own, before she shook herself mentally and helped him remove his shirt so she could look over his injuries.

After being certain all the stitches were fine and nothing had bled through again, she sighed. "That's good, these are healing well. Xavi said you should be good to go in about two weeks. These all bled a lot but none of them were very deep. Just enough to hurt. The bruises will take longer, but I'm willing to bet you won't wait that long with what you're needing to do." She gave him a gentle nudge then, settling herself back down on the bed and pressing back close to him. "Be glad Xavi owed me a favor or you'd be in much worse shape than you are now."

She didn't mention Xavi would do much for her, but she also didn't want to stop touching Isao just then. Just for a little while longer, she told herself, then she'd get back up and start preparing for what she had to do next. She'd just missed him so much it was like a part of her was missing. Things were uncertain now, but at this moment she just wanted to forget it all and be close to the man she loved so much. Even if she wasn't going to make it out of this mess alive; which was a possibility however remote, she still wanted to remember this moment when they were close together for the times when they weren't.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
"Yes... especially since he has about forty men he considers his closest allies. Myself included." Isao sighed sadly when she told them that they needed to deal with things separately. "I know." As far as he knew, Ryu figured that something had happened to Isao and he had likely sent someone to track him down... which he figured would have been James.

While he wished they could go back to simpler times to when they would traipse around Kyoto and pull each other into dark corners of the house. But there was nothing he could do about that. Caden and Ryu had to be dealt with if he and Evanna would stand to have a chance to actually have a life together. Accepting and returning her kiss, he looked at her when she pulled away and told him that they couldn't be together until those responsible for their pain and suffering were dealt with. "I will go back once I've recovered enough," he promised, giving her another small kiss.

He nodded as she helped him remove his shirt and look over his injuries. He managed to muster a little cheeky grin. "Since when I was stubborn? And who's Xavi?" As she finished looking over him and rejoined him on the bed, he caressed her cheek and sighed. "We need to be smart about this. How many more are there before you get to your father?"
The dragon becomes me...

Offline Kei

• View Profile
She listened intently as he explained about Ryu and his closest allies which included Isao himself. She heard his sad sigh when she mentioned they'd have to separate and she didn't like it much either but it needed to be done. She enjoyed the quiet moment for what it was, pleased when he returned her light kiss before he watched her as she pulled away. He promised he'd go back after he'd recovered enough, and she hummed at him as he offered her another light kiss which she accepted and gladly returned.

She snorted at him when he managed a cheeky grin and asked when he'd ever been stubborn and who Xavi was. She shook her head. "You're the one that keeps getting out of bed even though you have injuries that need to heal, I'd call that stubborn. As for Xavi..." She rolled her eyes and gave an exasperated sigh over the mention. "Xavi, or rather Xavier, is someone loyal to me. He's a doctor that owed me a favor. He's a bit full of himself at times, but he's always been there for me in a pinch. He helped me plan the vacation to Tokyo where we met. He's the one that helped me disappear for so long. So I trust him, but he's still a pain in my ass."

Her words were annoyed and put upon, but honest. Xavi was a thorn in her side but he was loyal to her and that was all that mattered. She nuzzled into his palm as he reached up to caress her cheek again and listened to him sigh before he began to discuss particulars; asking about her uncles and how many before she reached her father. She only shrugged. "Fifteen uncles, two that I've taken out. Each has twenty-five men under him that are loyal. Of those I can convince maybe seven to just not be there whenever I need to make a move. Those are loyal to me, the rest to my uncles and would need to be dealt with just the same."

She thought about it, eyes distant, before she continued. "Each of them has a different schedule and lives in a different area of the city. Four of them don't live here in Chicago and I'd have to wait on them to visit; which they would if my father called them to come. Probably after the sixth one or so my father will take notice, but until I completely remove the foundation from underneath him I won't be able to touch him. Doing so before that would be suicide, and just now I don't fancy dying."

She went silent again, considering her moves going forward, before she spoke once more. "They don't realize it's me doing all of this. They think it's some man that's kidnapped me and drags me to each scene to break me. Clearly my father doesn't think much of me if he thinks I'm such easy prey for such a person. The moniker they gave me is sort of fitting though." She looked Isao over, then shifted the topic back to him as she lightly began to run a gentle hand against his side, having missed just touching him because she could. "What about for you? If Ryu is anything like my father he'll be dangerous in his own right."

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
As she explained who Xavier was, Isao nodded, humming contently as Evanna nuzzled into his hand. At least she still loved him despite everything. It seemed the both of them had their work cut out for them as she was only scratching the surface, and he had yet to be well enoughto return home to deal with his lot.

"I'm sure you can keep the facade up," he told her, giving her a small smile as he continued to caress her cheek. When she asked how he would deal with Ryu and his men, he pursed his lips for a moment and spoke after careful consideration. "A fair amount of them wouldn't bother going about alone unless they were specifically told to. Taking them out one at a time would make Ryu suspicious. He wouldn't get nervoous unless at least half or more were taken out at once."

It would have to look like an accident and Ryu would have no choice but to lie low as the police would no doubt encroach on his turf and investigate. He would also likely send Emi and Chou to his summer house in Seoul until he could ensure it was safe enough for them to return.

Once he would go through with it, Isao wiuld have to step away from the yakuza as he was one of three lieutenants that nobody knew about, and Ryu intended to keep it that way.

"Once his clan is taken down, Ryu would have to either retreat to Seoul or hunt down whoever is trying to weaken him. I doubt he would just flee."
The dragon becomes me...

Offline Kei

• View Profile
Evanna sighed, expression troubled and sad even as Isao told her he knew she could keep her facade up. That was the point though...she hated having to pretend, and right now she really wasn't pretending. This person that killed so many because of her broken heart was just part of her like anything else. Pushing the dark thought from her mind, she gave Isao a tiny smile as she let herself enjoy having him close while it lasted. She knew that, realistically, either one of them could be killed trying to pull this mess off. His mention of Ryu not taking things lying down had her nodding, expression dark. She reached for him then, fingertips brushing against his face and tone fierce. "You know if you need me there, no matter what, nothing would stop me from coming to your side. I'm not afraid of Ryu, though I know he's dangerous. Whatever else, you're worth the risk."

That was true for her at least, and she wondered if he realized just how far she'd go to keep him safe. She'd pulled in favors to keep him alive after he'd been tortured by her uncle. She'd destroyed her uncle for harming him. She knew if she went too far she'd never dig out of the dark pit that had settled in her heart since the death of her child. There was no help for it though, things couldn't remain as they were. She turned away from Isao then, feeling the movement pull his touch from her face and instantly missing the connection. Still, her mind went in thousands of directions for a while until she finally drew herself back to the present. This wasn't going to be easy, but there was all things she wanted to make clear. Turning back to Isao, she shifted closer to him once again and pulled herself up onto her knees.

She brought both hands up to either side of his face and pressed her forehead against Isao's; eyes locking onto his. She felt he needed to hear what she was about to say given how hurt the both of them were from all of this. "Whatever else happens, I want to make sure you know just how important you are to me. I love you so much, and it hurts to know we'll have to be apart; especially with what happened before." Her entire body trembled and she let herself lean just slightly into him, mindful of his injuries but refusing to be parted from him. She looked genuinely distressed by all of this. "I hate this so much, I miss just being able to live together and share our lives. It's good to get the secrets out of the way so it's not between us anymore, but...I miss falling asleep next to you and knowing without a doubt you'll still be there in the morning. I miss being able to just reach out and touch because I want to and knowing you don't mind. I miss the teasing and the laughter and the adventures, I miss you...I miss us. This entire thing...I hate that they can't leave us alone. I don't want to have to go through this, I don't mind having to kill people when they deserve it but..."

Her eyes fell shut as tears began to fall down her cheeks, the ice she'd grown around her heart beginning to crack. "I hate this, I hate that we can't live our lives because of their rules. I hate that son you'll have to go back to Japan and I won't be there with you. I want to go home, I want to plan our wedding. I was looking forward to that, and now...it's like everything is on standstill and I hate it!" She carefully slid herself into Isao's lap, hands moving so she could touch his skin while being careful of the bandages there. Even though it was necessary, this entire situation broke her already shattered heart that much more. And being away from Isao as she'd have to be, while she was still hurting so much from everything, was like asking her to let herself slowly drown while the help she needed was so close at hand. It was frustrating and painful and she was just devastated. 

She let her smaller frame press ever so gently against Isao's much larger one. She let herself bask in the heat of him for a long moment, hoping to gather strength, but she knew eventually she'd have to move before she hurt him. She moved her head away from his so she could press her nose against her favorite spot on his shoulder. She turned her head into his neck and pressed a single, barely there, kiss against his pulse before holding him as close as she dared with his injuries. She'd missed him, and now she'd be forced to send him away again. It hurt so much, and she hated it! For now though....for now she'd take what she could get. She'd move in a moment she she didn't hurt him or brush his injuries too much. In just a moment she'd separate herself from him again so she could help him heal. In just a moment though....just a moment. Now though she needed him so she didn't dare remove herself while a wave passed over her in a tidal wave of emotions. Grief, despair, fury, heartbreak, and the overwhelming need to just be near him. It was all too much, so she'd move in a moment when the wave had passed.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Isao pinned some stray strands of Evanna's hair behind her ear. "I know you aren't afraid." As much as he didn't want her to risk herself having to come to him while Ryu was still around, he knew he couldn't really stop her. He watched as she turned away for a moment before shifting to be closer to him. Placing both hands over hers, he let her touch foreheads with him. He listened to how Evanna told him that she hated that they would have to be apart again and that they couldn't truly be together because of her family and his clan.

His heart broke seeing her in so much distress, and he held her close to him as she shifted to be in his lap and press her nose on her favorite spot on his shoulder. "I hate it, too," he said after quietly considering things for a moment. "Know that it won't last forever, and there will be a day that we can live our life without anybody coming between us." It still pained him that all the stress she was put under made her lose their baby, and it would only fuel his rage even more once he had to return to Japan. He turned his head, gently kissing her cheek and brow.

"I love you very much, and I promise I won't let anything happen to you again. I would die before then." He hoped that he could put an end to things before she could come home. But he also knew that if Ryu found out, he would stop at nothing to keep them apart, perhaps going so far as to disposing Evanna in some way.

Shaking the dark thoughts away, he buried his face into her neck, wanting only one more moment to be close to her.
The dragon becomes me...