Visionary Tales
9/18/19: Visionary Tales is ELEVEN YEARS OLD! Happy birthday! Leave a post on the site today (anywhere!) as a gift to VT. It's a good day to catch up on replies. (;If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

The Hit[m]an (PendragonXeno94+Kei])

Kei · 296 · 3918

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Leaving her to her own devices, Isao took the time to walk around while keeping an eye on her at all times so he didn't lose her. He occasionally came back and silently checked on her while she was sketching, still amazed at how she can draw the way she did. He figured it was a good time to find something for her birthday as it was quickly approaching. There was a little souvenir shop on the grounds, and he made his way over to it. He wasn't quite sure what to get her, but he did want to get her something that would remind her of their time together should she decided to leave in a couple weeks. He came across a miniature figurine of the temple and a small painting of a cherry blossom tree. From what he observed, she seemed to like architecture.

He also found a small pendant shaped like a koi fish. Hoping she would like it, he picked that up as well and walked to the cash register.

"Oh, your wife will love those!" the old lady said.

He simply shrugged it off and paid for them, having them wrapped and boxed before exiting. Making his way to the tea house, he saw that Evanna was no longer by the pond. He walked around for a bit until he spotted her coming out of the tea house. "There you are," he said. "I hope you had a good time sketching."
The dragon becomes me...

Offline Kei

• View Profile
Green eyes lit up when she heard the voice of the man she'd been looking for. She bounded over back to his side, grinning all the while and pleased with herself over not spilling her drink on the way. "I was looking for you. I finished what I was doing and decided to get something to drink. And I definitely had fun today, thank you." She looked up at him, excitement and anticipation shining in her eyes. "So then...lunch and then I'm excited to see where you'll take us next."

The place she had in mind was small and quaint but had the best noodles and dumplings in the city so she was looking forward to going. It was a step or two down from where they'd eaten before, appearance wise, but it was still a nice place so she saw no reason why they shouldn't go. And besides that, it gave her a chance to speak to Isao more, and that was always something she'd find as a good idea.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Isao nearly laughed when Evanna bounded to his side. "Did you miss me that much?" he asked. Carrying the bag in his hand, he led her out to the street and began heading toward the restaurant she wanted to try. "Lunch sounds good. I'm ready to eat." While a little disappointed he didn't have enough time to stop at the tea house, he knew there was always another time for that.

"You didn't have a hard time getting around?" he asked her once they began making their way to the restaurant. He hoped it was something he was used to visiting, as he was more accustomed to the higher end places. "Was there anything you did wen you were in school like a club or sports?" He wanted to keep the silence between them to a minimum.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline Kei

• View Profile
Evanna snorted in amusement, though she also flushed a bit at her excited reaction. So she decided that teasing was in order. "Ha, you wish. I just got thirsty is all." And also she couldn't find him even though he clearly stood out in a crowd, but that was besides the point. She followed Isao as he led the way to the exit, glad she'd timed it well enough that he was also getting hungry too. "Yeah, I'm getting hungry too, so it's good timing there." She shrugged at his question about getting around. "Not really, I'm used to be the shortest person in a large crowd so I've learned how to slip through the cracks when I have to." She hoped he liked the restaurant even if it wasn't large and upscale like she figured he was used to. It was small and quaint but the food was amazing and it was a very nice place despite the size. It was just...not over the top expensive. She liked places like that.

As they walked she liked that he started asking question about her and gave him a smile for the effort when he decided on a topic she had a lot to say about. "Yeah actually. You may not believe it, but I did all sorts of things in school. I was on the school newspaper and in the astronomy club and the chess club. For sports I did rock climbing and tennis and volleyball and soccer; though I was terrible at soccer so it was a good thing I mostly did it for fun. Let's see..." She thought about it for a moment before continuing. "I was on the student council four years running and my class president my senior year. The teachers regretted that when the prom came around because I might have caused a teeny, tiny little fire in the principal's office. And that's only the stuff they knew about. I might have been a bit of a troublemaker when I was younger. I graffitied the entire gymnasium, hid smoke bombs in the trash cans in every single classroom, flooded the bathrooms - though not on purpose and you really don't want to know how I managed that."

She grinned up at him, really amused with things that she, even now, wasn't ashamed of. "And that's not  counting the time I anonymously ordered stripers for the vice principal because I hated him. Not good strippers either, but the really cheap and terrifying ones. He deserved it though, not taking no for an answer, but  that's besides the point. Oh, I also took two years of self defense classes and my father flew me three hours to take horse riding lessons that I didn't want because he said it would make me more well rounded." She rolled her eyes, her opinion on that very clear.

She shrugged again, then turned the conversation back to her companion. "Alright, what about you? Play any sports? Or, since we seem to be in the question game portion of getting to know each other, how about name one thing people are surprised to learn about you? I'll even go first to keep things fair. People are always surprised to learn that I'm extremely smart. Now that might not seem like a thing, but because my family is 'old money' and I'm the only daughter, they just look at me and thing 'airheaded, snobbish, rich girl that has no idea how the world works'. Which is ridiculous because dual majored in college for both Art and Forensic Science. I'm not stupid, but I use the fact that most people think I am to my advantage. They underestimate me, which is why I'll always come out on top."

It was a very cunning statement for her to make, but she wasn't boasting, just stating a fact. Isao had been the first to just see her and not think she was some stupid little girl. It was very refreshing, honestly. "You're probably the only person, other than my mother, to not treat me like I'm an idiot. So thanks for that. Now then, your turn." She'd said a little more than she'd intended, but that was fine she didn't mind. It was nice to just say how she felt for once.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
"Oh, now you just gave my hopes up," Isao teased back. Seeing her shrug at his query of having a hard time getting around; he couldn't say he had that problem, but he didn't have a problem slipping through the crowds. As they continued on, he listened to what she told him about her activities at school.

He wasn't sure how she had time for all the things she did like the newspaper or the clubs and sports she was involved in. But he found it amusing how she managed to get herself into trouble without anyone knowing. Though his biggest surprise was her ordering strippers for the vice principal, which had him laughing and stopping for a moment as he was about in tears. "I can only imagine the look on his face." He did catch the tail end of what she did outside of school and nodded as he managed to compose himself.

Opening his mouth to answer, he stopped when she told him that dual majored in art and forensic science. "Is that so? I wouldn't have pegged you for the latter, but that's amazing." Once she mentioned that he was the only one aside from her mother to not treat her like an idiot. "Why would I treat you like one? You're a very bright woman." Thinking over her question, he finally spoke. "People are surprised to learn that I'm a very good shot. Take me to the shooting range and I will never miss." He knew that was a little risky to share that, but she didn't have to know the circumstances around that. "As for school, I never really did much. I mostly got into trouble for starting fights and being disruptive in class. I never had an interest in being in a club or anything like that. I simply found a group of boys to hang out with after school and just went around before I moved here." He paused for a moment. "I... didn't have a lot of money growing up. I had to do things in order to help put food on the table. After I lost my parents, I came here and found work. I didn't take up most of my hobbies until I was seventeen."

Helping her weave through a small group, he put a hand on her back once more as they got closer to the restaurant. "Tell me when we get there," he told her.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline Kei

• View Profile
Evanna grinned at the easy teasing between them, snorting in amusement over Isao's commentary. She enjoyed the reaction she got to the ordering of strippers for her vice principal even better as he was laughing so hard he was nearly in tears over it. This had her grin going even wider. "It was great, and he never even suspected it was me for a second. It was a shame for such good work to go to waste, but I loved the fallout so it was still worth it." She gave him quiet while he took a moment to compose himself, still grinning over having made him laugh so much. She saw him open his mouth to answer her question then the surprise when she'd mentioned her majors. "Most people don't know about the second major, but I always enjoyed it. Figuring out the answer to unknown questions was always like it's own little adventure for me, and it was a field that let me help others so that was a plus. I'm still working on that degree though. I have an Associates but I want to go back for my Bachelors sometime soon."

Part of the reason she'd enjoyed it so much is her father hated it so much, but she personally also enjoyed the work she was doing. It was hard work and sometimes tedious, but she still enjoyed learning. She quite enjoyed Isao's reaction to what she'd done, it was such a positive one and not something she got from most people. She snorted then, the sound not a nice one as he mentioned why he'd view her as stupid. "You'd be surprised how many people look at me and just see a pretty face and nothing more. I've even gotten it from a few people here, before I met you, and even if I'm used to it I still get annoyed with them if I don't just ignore it." Honestly her temper over that had gotten her into more than her fair share of trouble, but she totally wasn't telling him that. She let the conversation switch to his answer to her original question and rose her eyebrows at the answer. A good shot, huh? Well that wasn't totally unexpected, but still very interesting. It made her wonder though...She gave herself a mental shake for the thought; because she just wasn't that unlucky.

She also strangely wasn't surprised about his school life, mostly because she could see him acting like a thug and getting into fights when he was younger. He just had that look to him of someone who'd had to fight for things in life. She didn't disrespect him by letting him know that, even having money growing up she still didn't have a lot. Oh she had anything material she could ever want, but her life had been anything but easy living with her father; especially after her mother had been killed. She kept that to herself too though, knowing he wouldn't want to know. She chewed on  her bottom lip thoughtfully for a long moment, smiling to herself as she felt him place a hand onto her back again before looking back up to him as he mentioned the restaurant. "It's a bit off the beaten path, but we should get there soon."

And true to her words it wasn't more than a few minutes longer before they came across a storefront that easily blended in with its surroundings. It didn't look like too much on the outside but once they were inside it was lively and very nice, just not as upscale as where they'd been eating before. The smell of cooking food filled the air and the place wasn't overly crowded. When they were seated it was at an outside balcony that overlooked a river and caught a great breeze. Evanna loved the view and looked out for a long moment after they were seated. Now the hard part. "So...this is the place, what do you think? They have the best noodles and dumplings in the area and I've heard nothing but good things about this place. It's a bit out of the way, but the food is a decent price and the restaurant itself if very nice." And if the food tasted anywhere near as good as it smelled, she wanted to come here more often.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Isao assumed that the vice principal got into a considerable amount of trouble over the stripper fiasco, but it was still amusing nonetheless. As she told him about what she enjoyed about forensics, he noted how she wanted to go back and get her Bachelor's in the near future. "That's good," he told her, finally able to speak. "There's no reason you shouldn't go back for it." While he should have found it troubling given his circumstances, he had a bit of admiration for her for wanting to do down that route. Yes, it was hard, but it was also rewarding at the same time. In fact, he was sure he would have gone into that field or at least into something within the criminal justice system had life dealt him different cards.

He rolled his eyes when she snorted and told him that most people only see a pretty face. He obviously saw more than that; she was talented, intelligent, wide-eyed, all over the place... "There is always more to someone than their appearance," he said. He knew some people only saw a suit and a handsome face when they saw him. Most women only saw his face and would practically do anything they could to win him over. At least with Evanna, she treated him like a normal person and didn't fawn over him. He chuckled at her reaction to telling her that he was a good shot. "You're surprised?"

He was surprised, however, that she didn't comment on his background; he figured it was for the best as she was probably not that shocked to find that out about him. Trying his best to act like he didn't notice her chewing on her bottom lip, he gently pressed his hand against her back more before they reached the restaurant. It was... more quaint than he thought it would be, but the interior was nice enough. The place was livelier than where they were yesterday, and no one seemed to be that phased of their presence. However, the view from the balcony definitely made up for it. After a long moment, he smiled slightly. "It's nice," he said. "It's not something I'm used to, but it's nice." At least there weren't any servers to tease him about bringing someone in.

He tapped one finger on the table, turning his gaze away to the river below. "I was wondering if..." He paused, pulling his finger back. "If you wanted to spend your birthday at my place. It's not in the city, but..."
The dragon becomes me...

Offline Kei

• View Profile
She was glad Isao didn't seem bothered by her more wild past, it boded well for the future of their strange friendship. "Yeah, I'm thinking of picking up what few of the online classes I'm able to so I don't fall behind or get rusty." And also she wanted to do it that way because it meant she could do it while she was in Kyoto if she so chose to.  She gave him a smile for his commentary regarding people and their appearance, it was true but not many people saw it that way. Her grin went wider when he asked if she was surprised by his ability to shoot. "Not completely surprised, no, just unexpected is all. You do seem like the type to be able to, in the very least, shoot a gun but there's a difference between being able to shoot and being a good shot. Call me...impressed." She gave him one of her cheeky grins, lightly teasing him but also being serious. She was very impressed.

She noted that he was surprised she hadn't commented on his background, and it caused her to gently chew on her lower lip again in consideration. Finally she quietly gave him more of an answer, tone subdued and gaze turned straight ahead. "The way I see it, our past only helps to shape the person we become. It doesn't define who we are now or what path we choose to walk in life. It's just...a stepping stone to a future yet unlived. By no means am I demeaning the hardships you must have gone through, more than I admire the strength it took to get where you are today. And also, coming from the opposite end of the spectrum myself makes me feel like what I experienced sounds more like I'm complaining so I didn't want to say anything." She knew he probably thought her way of thinking was very strange, but she'd learned the hard way early on that sometimes silence was a good answer.

She let the moment pass, taking comfort in the press of his hand at her back and the warmth he gave off standing so close to her. It was...honestly very comforting for her. She did take note of his reaction to the restaurant, and she knew it wasn't something he was used to but at least he was giving it a try. "Yeah, this place is definitely different, but it does offer a great view and some much needed privacy from well-meaning prying eyes. So I'm glad you don't mind it here, even if it's not your type of place." She focused her gaze on him as he started tapping on the table, his gaze turned towards the river. She let him have his silence for as long as he needed it and was surprised with what he did ask when he finally decided to speak.  Green eyes went wide in surprise - both because of the nature of the question and that he'd remembered something so trivial as her comment about her birthday.

He'd seemed hesitant to ask though, so it would seem he was aware of just how his request sounded. They had barely known each other a few days and she was being invited into his home. Now granted he'd already seen her at what was her most vulnerable - though thankfully not her worst - so she supposed it could only go uphill from that. Also she didn't want to spend the day alone and she certainly wasn't going home to celebrate it, so what's the worst that could happen with accepting? He'd already had the chance to hurt her if he was going to back when she'd had her panic attack, so she definitely trusted him. She worried at her bottom lip again - a habit she had when thinking or worried about something - then finally decided her answer. Green eyes came up to lock on his darker ones, and she gave him a bright smile along with her answer. "I'd like that, thank you." Her expression was warm and open, she trusted him so it was going to be fine.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
"That would be good." Isao was happy to hear that she planned on starting back up with classes fairly soon. As Evanna said she was impressed with him being able to shoot well, he chuckled. "I figured it would be alright to say it to you since you seem like you wouldn't judge too much." He was careful as to when he went to the shooting range. There were certain individuals he didn't want to come across and he wasn't about to head back any time, especially not after yesterday morning. It was his way of exercising caution whenever a job was finished.

He smiled at her explanation of how the past didn't define anyone and that it was just a stepping stone for what was to come. Then, she admitted that she admired his strength to get to where he was and that she didn't want to sound like she was complaining as she obviously didn't come from the same background as he did. Her way of thinking was interesting enough. While she seemed like she came from money, she didn't act like she did. She certainly didn't want to be seen as some rich girl who never worked a day in her life; rather, she seemed like she escaped from a gilded cage her father made. At least, that was what he assumed from what she told him.

Silence lingered between them as he watched her eyes widen from his question. He was only relieved when she told him that she would like that. "I thought you would have turned it down, given that we barely know each other, but I appreciate you trusting me." He could only assume that because he didn't try to hurt her when she had her panic attack and did nothing to do anything to make her uncomfortable, she wanted to spend her birthday in his home. "I'm not entirely sure what we're going to do, but we'll figure something out." Besides, no one should spend their birthday alone; he would have tried to think of something else had she not want to do that.

With that, he quickly though back to her comment about being away from prying eyes. "Well, yes. That is very much appreciated."
The dragon becomes me...

Offline Kei

• View Profile
Evanna shrugged, noncommittal about her reactions. "I have no reason to judge you, Isao, but I appreciate the vote of confidence." Besides that, he seemed more amused by her reactions than anything else. Then again, she wondered how he'd react to the knowledge that she also knew how to handle herself with a gun. Probably something to save for another time. Things fell to silence in the wake of his question and she could practically feel the tension from him until she answered positively. She grinned at him. "If you thought I'd tell you no, then why did you ask in the first place?" She dropped her gaze for a moment, feeling oddly shy, before bringing it back up to his and regaining her confidence. "Besides, of course I would trust you after you saw me at my most vulnerable and still stuck around without taking advantage. That tells me you're a good man as far as I'm concerned." Which might be naive of her, but she was young enough to want to see the good in people even if they didn't see it in themselves.

She snorted in amusement at his admittance to not knowing what they'd do once she came over to his home. "We don't have to do anything other than spending time together. We could watch a movie and eat together or even just sit and talk a while. The important part is you wanting to spend my birthday with me, so the rest is just details." And she was definitely looking forward to it; spending her birthday with a man that didn't want anything from her other than her company and a bit of her time. She shrugged again, smiling at his gratitude towards the place giving them privacy. "I noticed that everywhere we went people didn't seem to leave you alone and I know I'd get tired of that same thing so going somewhere that you usually wouldn't seemed like it would be a good idea. It's nice to get out and away from it all every once in a while. It's lets you just relax and be yourself without worrying about others judging or asking stupid question or having expectations of you."

She sounded like she spoke from experience there, and she was but not about something she was going to admit to. Instead, she turned the conversation back to getting to know her companion better. "Back to the things people are surprised to learn about, I have a good one."  She grinned slowly, then admitted to something not many people knew about her. She personally found it both embarrassing and also extremely entertaining depending on the day and the situation. "Feel free to laugh at this one if you want, but most people don't know that I strongly dislike flying. Only on airplanes though. I have to be sedated before the plane takes off because I get really seriously ill for the duration and turn into a whiny brat if I'm not unconscious. And it's ironic because I actually have a pilot's license and have flown a helicopter before with no trouble. It's only airplanes that give me trouble, though I couldn't tell you why."

She felt it was probably because of the amount of turbulence and the fact she had no control, but that was only a guess on her part. It was also why she preferred ground travel if she couldn't fly herself there.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Isao shrugged. "I figured it was worth a shot." He had decided long ago that one shouldn't live with any regrets, so he thought he should ask anyway even if she had said no. He watched her drop her gaze for a moment before she she sounded a little more confident. "Why would I? Only the scummiest people would take advantage of someone." He chuckled when she said that made him a good man. "I appreciate that." It wasn't that he didn't think he was, he just never gave it much thought as there were other things for him to worry about or at least ponder over.

Shrugging again, he shook his head. It seemed they were more of kindred spirits than he originally thought, always picking up on the little things about others and remembering them. But he wasn't about to say anything on that. He wasn't looking to bed her once she set foot in his house, but he knew that wasn't his intention to begin with. Moving on, he nodded, tapping his finger on the table again. "Yes. It does get tiresome. And I always get asked where I've been if I haven't gone in a while. It's even worse when I come in with someone weeks or months later and I get teased about forgetting about them in favor of whoever I'm with at that time. You should see me walking into this little noodle shop downtown. Everyone that goes there knows me." It didn't help that he had been going ever since he moved to the city. "But that group leaves me alone for the most part when I go, they just make sure to say hello while I'm there."

He looked at her when she mentioned she didn't like flying, his eyebrows contracting as he pursed his lips. "Really?" he asked. He wouldn't have pegged her for someone who didn't like flying. But when she mentioned she had a pilot's license, he laughed lightly. "You never cease to amuse me." He thought it over for a moment before someone came by and asked what they wanted. He decided on having whatever Evanna was having as she told him that they had the best noodles and dumplings.

"Well..." he said finally once they were alone again. "My last ex hated my tattoos and I actually scared a few women off when they finally saw them." He knew it was safe to tell her as he didn't see any familiar faces. He gestured at his arms. "I have tattoos here..." He pointed to his back. "And here. I plan on getting more. Though where I'm not sure."
The dragon becomes me...

Offline Kei

• View Profile
Evanna snorted in amusement at the answer she got to why he'd asked her to come to his place even though she could say no. "Pfft, good answer. I'm glad you did take the chance though." And his reaction to the thought of ever taking advantage of someone made her smile gentle in response. That was why she felt he was a good man though, little things like this that he said and equally as small actions that he did all the time they were together. Like pressing his hand against her back so he wouldn't lose her in the crowd or staying out of the way so she could sketch without complaining about it. He was a dear man, wasn't he? Though really, she shouldn't get too attached to him or really to anyone in this place. After all, she did know the consequences of doing so once her family caught up with her. Still, she felt it might be worth the risk just this once.

Forcing herself to focus back on the conversation, she noted that Isao was tapping his finger on the table again, commenting about how he was treated most places he went. She snorted again just lightly, remembering herself what had happened when he'd taken her out. "I imagine that would get really irritating after a while, but I guess they mean well. Still, it's good to get away from things for awhile sometimes; it gives a fresh perspective." At least there was one place where folks knew him but they'd leave him alone, that was good. Life was stressful enough without people adding to it over good intentions. She grinned over his surprise that she both didn't like flying in planes but had a pilot's license. His laughter had her chuckling herself as she shrugged over the issue. "Yeah, it's only airplanes that set me off thankfully. When it's me flying, like with the helicopter, flying is one of the most relaxing things I get to do. I haven't gotten to in about two years except to recertify, so I miss it. My father worries I'll get into an accident and die I think, so he's kept me from flying. Frustrating, but hey that's family for you so what can you do?"

It was also a way for her father to further exert control over her, but she didn't say that. Pushing the dark thoughts away, she focused again on the conversation as Isao admitted she'd amused him again. She only grinned in response. "Glad to be of service." Her tone was teasing and light, and she was glad for the distraction of Isao's company with how dark her thoughts had gotten. She did order food when the time came, pleased despite herself that Isao decided to have the same thing she was having before they were left alone again. The conversation continued then, Isao speaking about his ex and his tattoos. Her head tilted to the side; intrigued despite herself. "My last ex hated mine too, but a tattoo is just another way to express yourself so I can't see why anyone would be scared off by them unless they just automatically assumed a tattoo made you a thug; I've had that happen to me before too." She took note of where he said he had tattoos and was even more curious now to see them sometime soon.

She glanced sideways more out of habit than anything else and took note of the fact they were still alone before she shared again. "Well, you know I have a tattoo on my back, but I've also got one on my wrist that I got with my mother and the other..." Her eyes went dark for a moment, and her hands fisted under the table at the reminder before she forced the fury aside and decided to just own it. "The other two are small and behind both of my ears. This one though I can show you." She turned her left wrist up to show a small, celtic tattoo of a mother and daughter holding each other. The mother was grayed out and a small tombstone with a date on it was next to it, while the child was in bold black with a star next to it and another date. She ran her fingers over it for a moment before looking back up to Isao. "When my mother died, I had this altered to show it. And she loved astronomy so when I had the tombstone added with the date she died I also added the star with my birthday on it to celebrate her in a small way. She had a matching one - minus the tombstone and star - that she got the same day I got mine. It's one of my fondest memories."

She turned her wrist away from him after a moment, holding it up against her heart and shutting her eyes to stay a silent prayer for a moment before she dropped her arm and opened her eyes, deciding to keep the conversation going. "Okay, pardon my gloom moment, here's another question. What's the most spontaneous, craziest thing you've ever done? For me, I went cliff diving when I was thirteen; I took a twenty-five food drop into the ocean even though I could have hit the rocks below. I scared my mother to death but it was the most exhilarating thing I'd ever done. I do it every year when I can now." Partly now because it reminded her she still had some control of her life, but for a while it was because she didn't care if she lived or died.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
The smile he received from his reaction to the thought of taking advantage of someone had the smallest of smiles crossing his lips. It seemed that he could do no wrong in her eyes, so there was hope that she could look past some things when... more precisely if he ever told her. It was easier to just enjoy this moment rather than worry about tings that may never come to pass. After she commented about how it was nice to get away from things, he nodded. "Yes, even though I know people like Asahi don't mean anything by it, it's still irritating sometimes. Which is why I usually go by myself or with a colleague when I go to places like that."

At the mention of airplanes and how she hadn't flown in a few years, he said, "But flying is just about the safest mode of transportation. You have to know what you're doing as a pilot, obviously, but your father shouldn't be worrying so much." Well, he understood why her father would be concerned, but she was still an adult. "But I know someone would lend you a helicopter to fly sometime."

What Evanna said was true: a tattoo was a way to express yourself. He tapped his finger again for a moment. "I can't say I'm surprised by how many people see my tattoos and call me 'yakuza' to my face." He watched her eyes go dark for a moment as she explained where her other tattoos were. He began to wonder what the circumstances were surrounding her mother's death before she showed him the tattoo on her wrist. He hovered his open hand underneath hers, almost touching it as he marveled at the tattoo. Nodding at her words, he pulled his hand away when she placed her wrist against her heart. At least she seemed to perk up some after that. He blinked at her admission to cliff diving. "I don't think I could do that," he confessed. "I don't like the idea of possibly meeting my end when I reach the bottom."

He grinned sheepishly when it was his turn. "I'm sure this isn't entirely inappropriate to say, but I lost my virginity with half my body hanging out of a moving train. That was when I came to America the first time at eighteen." It was also the stupidest thing he had ever done according to the few people who knew about it. In fact, he couldn't remember why he was sent there all those years ago. All he knew at that time was he and the girl he was with couldn't wait until their stop and they wanted to push the limits some. "I was a little reckless back then."
The dragon becomes me...

Offline Kei

• View Profile
Talk of friends aside, it was the talk about her family that gave Evanna the most pause. Then she shrugged again. "Yeah, I know it's safe, but I guess since I'm the youngest and only girl he's protective, who knows." As to getting someone to lend her a helicopter to fly, she had to shake her head. "Back home there's no way that could happen, not with anyone with those sorts of resources being in my father's back pocket. Away from home...it's possible but I haven't felt the need to push my luck." Her father would be furious, for one, and he was already going to be upset enough when he realized she didn't intend to return to him anytime soon.

The mention of tattoos and what people called him over them had her rolling her eyes. "Yeah, I've been called all sorts of names for mine; especially when anyone sees the ones behind my ears or on my back. People are way too quick to judge others in my opinion. Me, I'd rather wait and decide for myself. And just so you know, I'm not one that easy to scare off over something so simple as a tattoo." She gave him a cheeky grin, but she was actually quite serious. Tattoos were just a thing you got, they didn't have to mean anything. Now, her's actually did; especially the ones behind her ears, but again she didn't believe she was that unlucky as far as Isao was concerned. His tattoos were just that, tattoos. They weren't a sign of something larger, she was determined to keep believing that because anything else was just...unacceptable.

Isao's reaction when she showed him the tattoo on her wrist and the explanation behind it had a gentle smile lighting onto her expression. He was being so careful and gentle towards her, it was such a novel experience for her, and she really enjoyed that about him. He was so much larger than she was, and Evanna knew he could easily do her serious harm, but he was always so careful with her and it was a level of consideration towards her person that she'd only gotten one or two times in her entire life. Normally she didn't like being coddled, but this was different. He was being so respectful towards her and his gentle touch was an extension of that so she didn't mind it in the least. She let the conversation shift again as she always did, grinning at Isao's reaction towards her cliff diving escapades. "It's actually a lot of fun, but definitely not for everyone. Me, personally, I like a bit of danger in my life. It keeps things exciting and gives me a better appreciation for the little things."

His answer to her query though had her blinking in surprise before a slow grin lit onto her face, then she began to chuckle and shook her head. "Not entirely inappropriate, no, but that's alright with me. Wow though, somehow I'm  not surprised. That's strangely fitting for you, and hey, it tells me you're adventurous which is always a good thing in my book. And at least it's something you'll never forget." And it told her that when he felt it urgent enough of a need, he was willing to do some things that pushed the limits quite a bit. And a little excitement never hurt anyone. Green eyes lifted back up to meet darker ones, feeling easy and confident in this man's presence. "Being a little reckless isn't a bad thing, you know. I'm still a little bit reckless as it stands now. It makes an adventure out of life; nothing wrong with that." She paused as their food was brought to them and didn't speak again until the server had left them alone again.

"It's your turn to ask a question."

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
"Right." Everything between her telling him about her father being overprotective to how she was treated because of her tattoos, he shook his head. "I wish there were more people that didn't judge so quickly." At her saying she wasn't easily scared off, he gave her a half smile. It gave him hope, in some sense.

He chuckled at her reaction to his escapade when he was eighteen. "Well, we had another hour and we were in the middle of nowhere. I was trying to impress the girl. It scared her half to death, I think, but it kind of worked." He didn't think it fit him very well, but he appreciated the fact that she thought it made him sound adventurous. "I also like having a bit of excitement in my life." Shrugging, he paused briefly. "I wouldn't say I'm not reckless now but..." He gave the server a slight nod of thanks when their food was brought out.

Blinking owlishly, he glanced out at the river. He knew he wasn't going to ask about family, or anything involving her home life. There wasn't any point asking her much of anything from her childhood as she gave him quite a bit of insight into it. Though, there was something nagging him.

"What was the worst thing you've ever done so far?" He knew he would have to her an answer, but he already had his reply planned out in his head, though he could choose something else to use that would be fairly close.
The dragon becomes me...