Visionary Tales
If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

The Hit[m]an (PendragonXeno94+Kei])

Kei · 568 · 26337

Offline PendragonXeno94

• The Hoarder of Notebooks
    • View Profile
Isao placed some maps out on the table as he tried his best not to look at the pictures of him with Evanna. He had to tuck his love for her away until her family and his clan were dead. "We need to intersect four of them here," he said as he pointed at a resturant on the map, going down a busy street in Tokyo before going into an alleyway. "Since no civilians will be there, I can make it look lime Ryu is calking for everyone."

"Would that not arouse suspicion?" asked Mei.

"It's around the time of year he calls for everyone for a meeting. But he's too busy getting Chou and Emi to Seoul to bother. So he will be expecting me to do that."

She nodded. "You know you two might not make it..."

"We can certainly die trying..." Pulling out a contact book, he highlighted all the lieutenant names and those that were their second in command. "I want you to send a message to Evanna once everyone has been poisoned. I'm going to try to lure Ryu to the States so he and her father-"

"But why?"

A dark grin came over his features. "What better way to let them know where we stand?"

She nodded again, visibly apprehensive. "I will get the poison around and make sure every last one of them get a glass of sake. But if Ryu finds out-"

"I can handle him."

Once he made the calls, he began to have everything packed and ready to ship out. He knew now. Once he went through and killed everyone, he couldn't come back. Ryu would come after him with a vengence. He didn't know where they would go, but he and Evanna wouldn't be able to stay in Kyoto or Chicago.

Fixing his red tie, he was dressed in his best suit and looked to Mei. "I will let you know where to send everything." Giving her one more hug, he headed out the door with her and her men staying behind for an hour before they flew to Tokyo with the crates of poison on board.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline Kei

• View Profile
At first, time seemed to drag on agonizingly slow for Evanna but eventually she got used to the numbness inside of her where her love should be and time began to move more quickly after that. Weeks turned to months and the 'Grim Reaper' became a great thorn in the side for Caden West. He still had no clue and it infuriated him that this killer was in his city and he still hadn't retrieved his daughter. She knew he viewed her as his property and hated the idea of anyone taking his things without his permission. She had long since gotten passed being angry at her father as that meant accepting the pain she was in there by herself.

Even when she felt numb most of the time she still felt the sharp pain of loss without Isao there at her side. There were days she'd turn to ask his opinion about something only to remember he wasn't there or wake up from a nightmare and seek him out only to have her heart broken all over again upon remembering that Isao wasn't there with her. Even now she sat in her safe house room in bed alone staring at the ring he'd given her. She couldn't bring herself to wear it but still kept it on a chain around her neck.

There was no time for tears or heartbreak though now that she was well into things against her father. Five of her 'uncles' had already fallen to her schemes but now things were getting more difficult. Her father had finally decided to 'circle the wagons' and that made finding any of her uncles where she could access them was nearly impossible. She'd gotten hurt the last time she'd tried and Xavi was still furious with her over that. She'd gained more traction during her time here though and now Xavi wasn't the only dangerous person that swore loyalty to her. Things were in motion and there was no going back now.

For now she sat in silence idly pressing against the healing incision in her side. The pain reminded her that she was still there and alive and she knew it was starting to bleed again but didn't stop. She deserved to be in pain for now getting this done sooner. Except that she knew it would probably take years to deal with this situation and couldn't blame herself for that. Still, the pain did remind her of why she was doing this and that she was, in fact, still alive. She'd put herself back together while with Isao when all of this was over.

That might take awhile, and in the meantime she had to hope that both she didn't slip up and lose her life or Ryu found out what Isao was up to and killed him. She knew that if something happened to him she would stop caring who knew was she was doing and end them all both here and in Japan and wondered just how infamous the 'Grim Reaper' would become if she did that. She pushed the dark thoughts away and sighed to herself, deciding to try and get some sleep before her next attempt against the lives of her uncles.

She only needed to get eight more of them before she could announce her defection from her father publically to him and begin her war against him for the title of Don. She was so close to getting this over with, she just had to hold out until then.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
The meeting went about as usual, though as the weeks turned into months, most of Ryu's clan mysteriously died in their sleep. A few had their throats slashed, and the others either got so sick they choked on their own blood or other measures were taken to ensure their demise. Now that it had been months, Ryu seemed to make himself scarce, even begging Isao to keep checking over his shoulder to ensure his own safety. He counted at least twenty that took their last sip of sake at the meeting.

His things had been moved out of the country as he tried to find the perfect moment to take out Ryu. But his boss was having a hard time replacing everyone as now everyone in the criminal circuit refused to deal with him because his clan was suddenly cursed. Once a powerful crime lord, he was now reduced to a handful of men that were too afraid to show themselves as they feared that one of their own has betrayed them.

Though after he thought it over, he knew Ryu would rather die than go to prison. So what better way to do that than to leave anonymous tips for the police to get a hold of? Even him going to Ryu and telling him that he was worried that the police were coming after him and that he had to take out the commissioner before it was too late.

And now, as Isao quietly shuffled that last of the Korean women in Ryu's safe house onto a boat to take them home, he knew that he had to leave. Staying meant risking blowing his cover and getting killed.

Evanna needed him, and he couldn't just die with her halfway around the world from him. With Ryu's clan ready to self destruct and the police closing in on Ryu's warehouse, he slipped into a plane to fly back to Chicago and to her safe house so he could help her finish off her father.

As he got off the plane, he quickly made his way to the safe house where he slipped in, going up to where he hoped she would be. He knocked on the door twice.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline Kei

• View Profile
Evanna had chosen to leave the safe house early that day to try and see what she could find out regarding her missing uncles, that meant when Isao found himself at the safehouse door it wasn't her that answered it. In fact, it wasn't anyone he recognized. It was a tall, leggy blonde woman was calculating gray eyes. She looked him up and down then crossed her arms across herself and glowered at him. "And just what can I do for you, Sir? Are you lost? This place is private property so if you aren't lost you're a salesman and we aren't buying so beat it. If you're lost...well then tell me where so I can get you on your way."

She definitely wasn't friendly and blocked the door with her body to state clearly she wasn't letting him into the safehouse. Her Lady had enough to worry about so if she could get this guy to buzz off it was less for the stressed young woman to deal with. Besides that, this could be another assassin here to try against the 'Grim Reaper' and if so she would deal with him accordingly. In her fitted jeans and tank top she knew she looked like a plainclothes cop to those that knew the signs of them. That and her gun holster on her leg was visible though the location of her gun wasn't. She also had a wicked long dagger hidden in case he got ideas.

She was one of the many to come here at the call of Evanna West and she was just as fiercely loyal as any. She took no crap from anyone and if she had to break this little man to make him take the hint then she would. Besides, this location was secure and not known to many so it was just as likely this guy was an enemy as he was a lost tourist. Either way, she'd deal with him, and she wasn't the only one in the apartment.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Isao blinked at the woman standing in front of him. "I... I'm looking for Evanna. I'm her fiance."

He knew not even giving Evanna a heads up that he was coming could spell disaster, but he at least had someone keeping an eye on her and that he would call him if she was in any danger. Besides, last time he checked in she was about to leave the safe house. It seemed that he should have gotten there sooner.

"Look, I know you don't trust me, but Xavi has seen me before. I came here before because Evanna's father took her away. I need to see her, please." Even if the woman didn't believe him, she had to know that the pained look in his eyes were as genuine as they could be.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline Kei

• View Profile
Gray eyes looked over him accessingly before she rolled her eyes and snorted; it wasn't a happy sound. So this was the man that had broken her beloved lady so much that she lost all faith in living. Fiance indeed, didn't he know how dangerous it was for Evanna to love anyone at this stage of things? Was he trying to get her killed. Yes Xavi had mentioned something about this dog to her before - to all of them really - but it was only so much as to tell them not to kill him or the Lady would be angry. She sighed then shrugged. "Dunno about any of that fiance mess since the Lady doesn't have a death wish, but for what reason could you have to see her? Since we're playing wishy-washy I'll say it's because it's my job is to protect her so I won't contact her for anything not important."

She took note of the guilt in the set of the man's shoulders and sighed; she knew that look. "This is our safehouse and the Lady uses it often, but she's just not here at the moment. You picked an awful time to come here unless you wanna get the Lady killed. Caden is losing his mind will all the deaths and Evanna is preparing to stand against him openly as Head. It's a big deal and once the old man knows there's no end to the danger she'll be in. So for what purpose would you bring even more danger to the Lady?" Stupid, idiotic, self-centered dog. But she understood the Lady was young and probably believed she was in love. "I need a good reason to contact her not just your word. Otherwise you can wait until she comes back but not here you'll lead others here with you."

She definitely wasn't budging on this. She blinked, suddenly remembering the Lady's preference for manners regardless of circumstance. Letting out a long suffering sigh, she made her position clear. "The names Marielle West; I'm Evanna's cousin. Call me Mari if you wouldn't mind." Mari was clearly in Evanna's corner and wasn't likely to just accept Isao at his word. At least Evanna was surrounded by trustworthy people.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Isao sighed. Of course she didn't believe him. "O should have contacted her first. My apologies. I'll just wait elsewhere and try to get in touch with her." He certainly saw no point in arguing with her. But when she gave him a name, he inclined his head. "It's good to meet you, Mari. I only came to help your Lady in getting rid of her father."

He turned to leave, trying to see if she would do anythibg else.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline Kei

• View Profile
Mari watched the dejected set to the man's shoulders and rolled her eyes at the back of his head when he turned to leave. Leaning against the doorway she looked him over before considering him again. Finally she came to a decision. "Well since I don't want you to go in have cocked and get her killed doing something stupid, how about I give you a number to call her? Keep in mind if she doesn't answer she's not in a situation to do so. That way at least you know how long you need to keep your head down if seeing her is that important to you."

It was the only concession she was about to make and she hoped this Yakuza dog understood that. Evanna was out putting her life in danger because of this man, so she was giving him a fair chance to not be an idiot. Besides, the Lady would never forgive her for letting this stranger into the safehouse but she could at least give him a nudge in the right direction.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
He nodded. "I would never do anything rash like that. It eould destroy me if anything happened to her." Getting the number from Mari, he thanked her and made his way out, pulling the hood over his head as he left the building.

He found a secluded alleyway and dialed her number. Hoping she would pick up, he kept his head down in case someone was watching.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline Kei

• View Profile
Mari rolled her eyes at the man who didn't seem to understand his very existence put them all in danger. She watched him go and even took note of the alley he took to in order to make his phone call. She had a really bad feeling about all of this.

Outside the phone rang and rang but no one ever picked up on the other end. Instead a voice message sounded in Evanna's clear voice. 'Sorry I missed your call; either I'm doing something important or didn't hear the ring. Either way, sorry I missed you and leave a message and I'll get back to you soon.' The phone beeped to allow for a message before the call ended. The message was an old one for Evanna, one she'd made when she still lived in Japan. She sounded happy so it was easy to tell what part of her life it had happened in. Though why it was that phone when the number wasn't one she'd ever given Isao there was no telling.

Upstairs, something out of place had Mari tensing and yelling at everyone to get down before an explosion sounded in the small apartment. The windows shattered and smoke filled the room along with screams of those trapped inside. It wasn't over yet because several more explosions went off in rapid succession; leveling the building to the ground. As the smoke cleared a single frame made its way out of the rubble. Mari had made it, but only just. She'd been close to the exit and had gotten out. Her friends, however, hadn't been as lucky. She ran passed the alleyway she'd seen the dog and paid him no mind as she pulled on a bike helmet and hopped onto a hidden motorbike. She looked scared as she made a phone call. "Xavi! The safe house has been breached! Everyone is gone, tell the Lady to watch her back! He knows! I'm coming, just don't let her do anything stupid, please Xavi!"

They had been found, that meant this idiot had led Caden right to them. She didn't have time to be angry about it, she had to get to Evanna and pray she wasn't to late. Caden would kill her, they had to save her.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Only getting a voicemail, he smiled softly as he heard her voice again. So happy. So carefree.

Isao braced himself as a series of explosions bombarded the safe house. "Shit."

He followed behind Mari as he knew that there wasn't much time to reach Evanna. He could pray that it wasn't too late. But his gut told him that something was very wrong. And then he realized.

His other contact must have tipped Caden off.

Gritting his teeth, he blinked tears away as he hurried to wherever Evanna could be.
The dragon becomes me...

Offline Kei

• View Profile
Mari on her motorbike weaved in and out of traffic with an ease borne or many years having done so. She knew these streets and she also know where her cousin was likely to be. This was bad, her head was hurting and she knew she wasn't uninjured from the explosion but there was no time. She made it across the city in record time and hid her bike alongside another which was Xavi's. Evanna was supposed to have snuck in there to see if one of her uncles was hiding in this location; she wasn't supposed to be seen since it wasn't supposed to be dangerous.

Except that, she'd barely gotten her helmet off when the first scream sounded out. She knew that scream, and just how much it took to cause it. Evanna! She was running now because surely Xavi wouldn't let her die! Except then she heard a masculine voice risen in anger and another scream, this one full of grief, before the first shot sounded. It made her pause, eyes wide as she realized that Xavi was likely dead. She couldn't let her cousin be killed! She was running now, taking the back path to not get herself killed when suddenly she came to a stop as it happened. Another shot rang out, and the screaming stopped.

Tears filled gray eyes as she realized she was much too late. Caden had won. She didn't know how he'd found out, but now what purpose was there in getting caught? Her shoulders dropped; expression so much like Evanna's in her sorrow. And then she turned back the way she'd come and left. She wasn't going to get killed over a body, no matter how much she loved her cousin. It was over, time for her to disappear. She didn't care about the dog anymore; let him come and die as well it was his fault anyways. Let him be hurt from this, she was too numb with grief to care.

Offline PendragonXeno94

• View Profile
Isao hurried, only to hear his love scream followed by gunshots.

His heart stopped for a moment. He froze in place. No... no... He slipped through the back way. And there he saw her.

"No! Evanna!" he cried. He pulled her body to him, clutching her in his arms as he sobbed uncontrollably. He was too late. He failed to protect her. And now there was nothing left to live for. Looking up, he could only see figures dancing in the shadows.

He closed his eyes, letting them have their chance. "I'm so sorry. I should have protected you. I never want us to be apart again."

His world went silent after one last gunshot rang.
-------
Mei was able to pull their bodies away, posing as someone who was willing to dispose of them. But if they knew she smuggled the most lethal poison she could get her hands on and had it served at Caden's upcoming party, she would have been dead, too.

Of course, Caden wouldn't care about Ryu's death after being gunned down by police. Nor that Chou and Emi chose to stay in Seoul for their own safety. No, Evanna and Isao may have failed in stopping him, but he would soon learn what happened to those who crossed her.

As she had them brought to a mausoleum just over the Canadian border, she wiped a few stray tears as the sky was blanketed with stars. She had her men carefully take them to their final resting place where the star crossed lovers would be locked in an eternal embrace, never to be apart again. She even placed the ring around Evanna's neck on her finger. It was fitting... She had the door closed and she placed a hand on it.

"I hope you two find each other again in another life."

With that, she turned and walked, only keeping the masouleum in sight until it disappeared with the trees and midnight sky.

End
The dragon becomes me...