Visionary Tales
9/18/19: Visionary Tales is ELEVEN YEARS OLD! Happy birthday! Leave a post on the site today (anywhere!) as a gift to VT. It's a good day to catch up on replies. (;If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

Redemption for a beast (Yautjan)

readlliea · 115 · 5999

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
The city of Conclave had suffered under many villains, of beast and criminal alike. They had a resident vigilante/hero that did their best to help keep things in line but they could only do so much. As they not only had to deal with the villains of various kinds but also the police. While some police supported the hero's efforts they were still breaking laws. So there wasn't really anything else they could do but peruse both the hero and the villains who were doing a great deal more of harm. This night had started like any other that is, till the hero got a message from a shocking sort. From a criminal they probably never expected to get a message from in the more normal means.

The Beastblood was a strange criminal, once they were a normal man but something had gone wrong. Even for the hero, the details of the origin of their long standing nemesis had remained unknown. The message had requested for them to meet at one of the hideouts on the east end, a large warehouse that had long been abandoned. The hero would find that there wasn't anything stopping him. No goons and no traps, no secret even. Which was all extremely strange. Despite Beastblood being a feral like beast, they were cunning and held a good amount of intelligence when their mind seemed to allow it. Course, the lack of resistance was no reason to relax and not be on guard. For all that intelligence they seemed to hold, they were also a brutal beast as their name suggested it.

A criminal who had emerged at first as just a random string of killings and missing people. Quickly developed into the most feared being in this town that held no place in the political field. Sure the murders were still a thing that happened. But not in the sudden and almost random way as they once did. The warehouse was dark, a bit chilly due to being so close to the cold ocean waters. Though a pair of glowing red eyes would appear through the darkness.

“Finally...you came.” the strange voice commented, as if they had been waiting hours. “I was beginning to think you wouldn't pay my message any heed.”

The sound of claws on the cement floor could be heard as something walked around. The pair of red eyes moving showing that the owner of them was what was moving. The sound stopped as the creature paused and the head was lowered, blood red gaze taking in the hero. Before they moved their head away and the lights turned on. Revealing the massive, long wolf like creature. Their long body resembled more of the Chinese dragon style, and a pair of long onyx black horns were sticking out of their head; almost resembling antlers in the ways they had grown. The creature laid down on a section of metal shipping crates. Which were able to support the being's weight, a long bushy tail could be seen disappearing into the areas where the light didn't reach.

“How are you, old friend?” Beastblood questioned, a ivory fang filled smile was given.

Offline yautjan

• the Moose
    • View Profile
    • My Compositions
The message came to the hero when he was at work, checking his messages between two broken computers. He’d nearly broken his coffee mug, and it took everything he had to hide his shock from his coworkers. Fortunately, he had always been the jumpy sort, and no one noticed a thing. Good, at least. Because he was not prepared to try and explain why he had received a message from Beastblood of all beings.

That night he faced the mirror as he suited up, the privacy of his apartment affording him the chance to examine his equipment and gear before he followed the message’s directions to the warehouse on the east end. This was a trap, of that he was certain. There was no doubt to be had in his mind. He checked and double checked everything, ignoring his pet cat as it weaved between his legs, demanding attention.

“Shht,” he said, reaching down to pat the black and white cat. “Enough. Papa’s got important business to take care of tonight.”

“Meow,” was the cat’s response.

He looked back up into the mirror, and his reflection met him with the same creased, worried expression. He had never regarded himself as handsome though he had been told otherwise (most often by his mother, back home). His face, in the shadows of the kitchen light, was striking and angular, with high cheekbones and a sharp chin and a long straight nose brushed with pale skin, under a ruffled mess of black hair and set with bright green eyes. In his reflection, he looked almost as nervous as he felt.

The hero covered it with his electronic mask before he lost his nerve, and left his apartment behind with no further words.

-

The east end was notorious for its crime, and the hero was cautious as he navigated the alleyways. In the fleeting light of the few lamps in the district he was a distinct shape, his tall and lithe body covered by a form-fitting black jumpsuit with multiple pockets and pouches offsetting his silhouette. Most distinctly, beneath a large black hood, he wore an electronic cat’s mask--its ears were microphones, its eyes black cameras, and soldered marks criss-crossed its face with the obvious mimicry of a tabby’s pattern.

He seemed goofy, he knew, but no one who had underestimated Lucifer had gotten away unscathed. His mask had become synonymous with justice where the police and their red tape had failed. Lucifer, with his cat-like reflexes and wits, was a force of nature to be reckoned with.

At last he arrived at the warehouse the message had specified. He scanned the area, infrared night-vision and microphones assisting his eyes and ears behind the mask, and he moved forward only when he was sure there was no one was lying in wait. Only one creature was locked in his sights, and he was certain already he knew who it was.

Still, tension ran down his body, and he stood stiffly in the single harsh light of the warehouse once he reached its edge, the edges of his hood fluttering in a soft breeze, secured by the ears of his mask.

“Beastblood,” he said, his voice heavily distorted into something nearly electronic. “What do you want?”
100% Quality Moose

Jabba | Cope | Ely | Readlliea

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Straight to the point I see." Beastblood's voice responded as the clicking of their claws stopped, the massive beast stood still for now. "You might find this next bit useful."

The large furry form of wolf and dragon seemed to fade away as more lights came on as they turned from the hero. There was a slight sound that was hard to place. Yet within a few seconds, the hero would still see that familiar sight. Instead of the massive beast emerging back into view, a tall and thin sort of man in a black suit was now herel. The red eyes and wolf ears gave a twitch, a clear sign that this being was Beastblood in a more human like form. However others things stood out still, how the bushy tail was now the length of a wolf's tail. Fangs were still in the person's mouth, sharp and dangerous. Their face was mostly human, save for fur that formed a sort of mask around his eyes and a slight canine look remained.

“Besides, I wish to chat. Surely you still value conversation, no?”  Beastblood commented with a raised brow.

There had been many a encounter where Lucifer had seen Beastblood in this form. One of the first times they had attempted to grab at the cluster of fur around his eyes, thinking it was truly a mask. Instead what they did was rip out several strands of fur; not quite a cluster. And well, that hurt for a good two days. Hands slipped into his pockets as he stood there, tail giving a small flick.

Offline yautjan

• the Moose
    • View Profile
    • My Compositions
Lucifer tensed when Beastblood transformed, his beastly form melting into his familiar "human" self--though the mutations made it clear that this creature was no ordinary person. He knew enough to know there was no history of Beastblood before he had become a problem. Had he always been like this? Or had he been made this way? Either way it didn't matter--there was blood on his hands, the blood of innocents. That was all Lucifer needed to decide he was his enemy. Now, the question remained, why did his enemy want to talk?

"You know," the hero said, fists clenched and body stiff and tense. He was like a coil, ready to spring at a moment's notice. What if there was a hitman waiting in the rafters for him to drop his guard? Yet, nothing in his mask's sensors told him that there was such a person. It genuinely seemed to be him and Beastblood alone.

"I don't usually meet up with people like you, like this," he said in his distorted electronic tone. "Whatever you want to say, spit it out, Beastblood."
100% Quality Moose

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Ears flicked as he chuckled, ah yes. Ever tense and also straight to the point. It was amusing he would admit that. Perhaps that was a good thing? Granted, the two of them didn't always have conversation like this. Their jerky reactions were...understandable.

"To clue you in on my little plan!" Beast blood replied as he turned round to face his for, the ends of his coat swayed with the movement. "I figured I'd let you in on this. So you'd know and wouldn't take it out on me when I can't remember you."

This was a form he took often when his intelligence was ruling and currently, it was. His mind was functioning normally if a little better than normal humans. So he figured, he'd take on this form for the conversation. As tempting as it was to try and devour the long time foe, he knew he had to restrain himself. Besides...he was hoping to be free of this accursed hunger soon enough. It just had to work...there wasn't really a way to test it other than taking it.

"As fun as it has been, I have grown a bit...tired. And rather than merely move away and start this all over again, I've come to the conclusion of taking your advice from years ago well...a form of it you could say." Beastblood said, as he pulled a strange bottle out of his coat and tossed it to Lucifer.

It would be easy to catch and it would do nothing to him if it was caught. It was a pill bottle, filled with strange blue looking pills that had a rounded triangular look to them.

"And you can relax, everyone's gone home. No one else is around and you surely got some gizmo of sorts that would tell you if there was a heat signature around." Beastblood added as he propped himself up onto a piece of debris, tail swaying behind him.

There truly was no one else here. It was just the two of them oddly enough.

Offline yautjan

• the Moose
    • View Profile
    • My Compositions
Lucifer didn't move any part of his body except his arm, snatching the bottle out of the air and holding it up to examine it in the light. This was all just so weird. Beastblood was not known for his conversational skills and he was not known to be so friendly with people that had been trying to stop him for years now. Had it been years? At least four, by his count. Beastblood was the reason he'd ever put the cat mask on in the first place, to stop the slaughtering that just couldn't seem to be stopped. What exactly his enemy had planned was a mystery to him, and he didn't like that.

"You'll forgive me if I find that a little strange," he said, clipped. "What are these? Explain yourself, now."
100% Quality Moose

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
It wouldn't be a mystery for very long. There was no hook in his mind, no alternative agenda. He stared at the man with his red eyes, watching the way he reacted. His ears would twitch to their authortive like tone as they wanted a answer out of him. Well no point in making em wait now was there?

"I suppose that's understandable." Beastblood remarked, kicking his feet to get a bit more distance as he landed on the ground again.  "Someone had thsoe made originally as a trap for me but they've been modified and altered since there. What they should do know is repress this..."

Walking over to Lucifer, he would take the pill bottle back without touching the hero. Red gaze staring at him the whole time before he took a few steps away from them. Red eyes staring down at the pills that rested inside of the bottle.

"I'm tired...tired of a mess I got thrust into for who knows what reason." Beastblood remarked, his tail going still behind him.  "I've grown tired of our cat and mouse game, this form and body...I'm tired of it all."

Turning around once more, he was facing the hero. When he was in this form, his facial features were readable; better than the wolfish face his other form had. His ears slanted as it was clear, this man was serious but also saddened to a degree...certainly a abnormal look for Beastblood. For he was normally confident and his face could go from calm amusement to blood hungry in a instant. Never did such a human expression come to his face.

"What this should do, is repress everything. Make me normal...maybe give me some of past back and get rid of this horrible hunger." he added. "in short, this might kill me or it might give me a chance. A chance to just be normal again..if I truly ever was that."

Offline yautjan

• the Moose
    • View Profile
    • My Compositions
Lucifer tensed something fierce when Beastblood approached him again, his hand twitching for the gun on his belt. He did not grab it just yet, but he was ready to spring and use it if he felt there was a serious threat from the other man...creature, thing. He let the pill bottle go as Beastblood grabbed it, resisting the urge to lunge and attack his enemy while he was vulnerable.

It seemed to be a good decision that he had not, because Beastblood's explanation for this whole strange meeting felt as though it was from left field, smacking Lucifer in the face like a fouled baseball.

"You want to reverse this beast shit?" the hero asked. "You're tired of this, but what about all those innocent lives you've taken? Do you think this will absolve you of your crimes?"

He took two steps forward, further into the light, reflecting off the lenses of his mask. "What are you expecting from me, then, Beastblood? What do you want me to do besides let you escape what you've done?"
100% Quality Moose

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"LEt's see what would the cops and your hero orginization believe? A bunch of dead bodies drained of their blood or some weird person who confessed to the crime and couldn't remember anything  elseonly to pretty quickly find out, that blood is the ONLY thing my body can break down like food in order to survivie?" Beastblood growled as he looked back at em. "Every time I've bee arrested adn broken out? That's because teh BEAST portion of what the news branded me as, was keeping me alive and what happens when a animal is thrust into a area where there are things that it eats? It hunts! Considering all the blood banks in hospitals I've robbed, it should've became obvious!"

His tail bristled as it lashed behind him. Temper was never something he could control given the more..feral mindset his larger form had. Sure he could talk in that form but it also was easy for him to lose his mind. Loose what little of a self he honestly had.

"Do what you want, just giving you a heads up if this goes one alternate bad way I didn't expect. This stop should either honeslty cure me or hey, if it works, I can at least be contained in a box without the inevitable possiblility of something else in me fully taking over because I can't digest food." Beastblood retorted.

They honestly had no idea how he reacted...waking up covered in blood with that heavy metallic taste in his mouth. The fur and claws...he had attempted to rip it out and even shaved some of the mask; only for it to quickly grow back. Hiding away where the homeless people where did no help since a few days later with nothing in his stomach, the inevitable did happen. Course he didn't know at that time it would be his normal.

Offline yautjan

• the Moose
    • View Profile
    • My Compositions
Lucifer kept stock still at Beastblood's outburst, though if the cat-masked man had had a tail too it would've lashed back and forth in agitation. He had to remain calm, remain focused. His sensors were telling him that he was still alone with his enemy, that there was no reason to suspect this was a trap. Although, Beastblood could've been lying and was taking something here, alone, with Lucifer to give him the strength to kill his rival.

No matter how his mind whirled, Lucifer was still confused by the whole charade. Why not take it in secret, why let the hero know that he was attempting to suppress himself? What good would that do?

If he's taking this experimental drug, he considered, the thought butting its way in. Then I can ensure that it works, take care of him if it doesn't, and... figure out what to do with him if it does.

It brought up the question then... Did Beastblood deserve to rot in jail if he couldn't remember what he'd done?

"Fine, then," he finally said aloud. "Take it, and I'll deal with the aftermath. So long as it means your spree of death will end."
100% Quality Moose

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Well if it backfires, at least there'll be more of assurance that it will end for good." Beastblood remarked, twisting the cap enough for it to pop off.

Two of the small pills rolled out and there was no reason to bother with a drink. Without another word, he tossed the pills into his mouth and swallowed. It was a effortless thing, as he had been bracing himself for this for a few days now. He didn’t focus on any taste, he just went ahead and did it. Still...despite his attempts to keep himself braced for this. He didn't know how this would go. It could go horribly wrong and he'd die but...no one seemed to miss him. He knew nothing about himself prior to this whole mess and he never found any hints these past four years. Closing the cap of the bottle, he placed it in his pocket. He could feel his heart rate starting to speed up though he was more content to try and ignore it.

"Probably a few moments before it kicks in, anything you want to know while I still have the possible memory of it?" Beastblood asked, glancing over his shoulder at Lucifer.

Granted, he had little faith that he wouldn't wake up in a jail cell. It was what he deserved huh? Even though he had no literal control over the first murders, it was done out of pure starvation and a monster's instinct. Did he always have those things in him? Or had something been tampered in him? Changed to suit some strange design?

Offline yautjan

• the Moose
    • View Profile
    • My Compositions
Lucifer watched him take the medication, thoughts still whirling as he tried to determine if this was truly a good thing for someone damaged beyond repair, or just an out for a horrible person who was barely even human anymore. It was difficult and frustrating to determine, and he kept his mouth shut as Beastblood adjusted to the reality that he was going to lose everything he knew for the chance at a normal life.

"Where do you hide?" Lucifer asked, for nothing better to ask. "Where is your base? I would like to get that cleaned up, if you'll tell me." He could only imagine the horrors he would find if he did, and the fact that it had eluded him for four years was maddening as all could be. "You had to be hiding somewhere all these years."
100% Quality Moose

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Multiple locations around the city honestly. The main place I hide was in the abandon dock, the central warehouse." Beasblood replied, seeing no reason to hide that. "Due to the cooling systems that I got to work with the help of some of the gents, it was the best place to keep blood bags stable. And before you question it, blood bags as in the literal sense. The ones I've stolen from hospitals."

Gesturing to a table that was near the control panel that all the lights had been turned on by. There was actually a file of sorts resting there.

"That'll give you the other locations. I told the gents to disband and move on in their lives, so if any old henchman are up to something. It's their own choice after this." Beastblood added. "You won't find people there, dead or alive. Just tech, layouts of hospitals and probably some left over cash. Who knows on that last part."

A small shrug left him as he stood there, not really sure on what to add. However he felt a pang run through his head, like something was stabbing through his thoughts. His furry tail bristling as this pang went through and he could feel this feeling sort of spread. His hand started to twitch as he raised it and put his face sort of in his hand. This...this didn’t feel exactly right. Then again, what was he expecting? He wasn’t sure on what to expect. His chest filled started to fill with this pang and slowly, he pulled his hand down to his chest, claws digging into the fabric as he clutched it. Fangs gritted harder as he staggered back a little bit.

Taking a breathe to try and stay calm, he ended up coughing. He could feel something in his throat as he let his gaze leave the hero. This...could be normal for the medicine...it could. It just...could be trying to work. Although, he felt that thought leave him swiftly as a slight burn reached his throat. This time he took a couple of steps away, his free hand gripping the crate as he coughed harder. The sound of something wet hitting the floor would surely draw attention. From the corners of his mouth, there seemed to be some foamy substance bubbling out. Although the substance on the floor looked a good deal more red..more akin to vomitted blood.

Offline yautjan

• the Moose
    • View Profile
    • My Compositions
Lucifer noted the files, the locations and details Beastblood shared. It was vital he remember that file, and he made a mental note to himself to check the warehouse for that spare cash later. A more important event was occurring at that moment to focus on.

He could see Beastblood struggling, the medication taking hold of the mutated human in full force. A great conflict immediately began to war in Lucifer's mind, and he drew back a step against his will. Did he move forward and assist? This wasn't just some hired help, this was Beastblood, the very reason he'd crafted his mask and taken up the helm of 'Hero' in the first place. Helping wasn't something he wanted to do, but was it right to?

Lucifer eventually came to a decision, but it was with hesitance. He approached the mutant, stopping a few feet away, all 6'2" of his narrow frame feeling small for once with the violent transformation that was beginning to occur before him.

"Sit down," he ordered, raising a hand as if he wanted to help Beastblood, but didn't want to get in biting range of the violent human.
100% Quality Moose

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
A pained sound would leave him as he shuddered. That pang in his chest now felt more like pain, akin to something racking claws down his ribecage from the inside. Making each and every racing heart beat all the more painful. Still as Lucifer neared, Beastblood raised a shaking hand to urge them to stop. The tail he sported was looking shorter now, a sign that this strange medicine was working. In a very painful way if it was just doing that. With his claws against the crate, he would pull down. The black claws would dig through the metal as he tried to stay balancing as he felt his stomach twisting.

Despite the shortened length of the tail, it's fur rose and stood on end. If his hackles were out they would've been raised clearly. The thing that controled him so much wasn't wanting to go away easily. It was the thing that kept him alive for four years after all. Four years of a feral nature governing you, using it's own methods to ensure one's survival even if it wasn't the right way. The fact that blood was the only thing he could digest hadn't helped anyway. Violent coughing was leaving him as he leaned into the metal crate now, spitting out more of that substance as they held onto it. Flattened ears were disappearing in his black hair now, fading away as the first sign of Beastblood was going away.

"C...ca...." Beastblood tried to speak, his voice not working due to his mind going every other direction.

He couldn't focus, all there truly was right now. Was a horrible pain that was filling his body, causing it to shake and finally his legs to give up. Resulting in him landing on the floor with pained snarling. His red eyes were glowing rather bright...brighter than normal. A sign perhaps of the internal struggle? Claws dug into the floor as he allowed his forehead to rest against the cold concrete, rapid breathes leaving him before he ended up vomiting more of what one could only assume was foaming blood. His skin was turning paler and a violent convulsion his body went through, his eyes were starting to dim and it looked like a different color was starting to break through the red, like cracks.  The black claws at the ends of his fingers started to fade away, becoming dull and less pointed as they decressed in their length.

His body though, wasn't doing so good. The pain in his chest and the blood loss his body had gone through in a way, it was too much for a body that no longer had something much larger hidden away. Partially red yes rolled before closing and he ended up topping over unconscious. Even in the suit and even though Lucifer had been watching this whole time, Beastblood certainaly looked different. His build had the look more of a scrawny man rather than the average build he sported just minutes ago. Resulting in a suit that was no loose and ill fitting on him. Even with those ears and tail gone, his hair remained black. Perhaps it was always black? The pressing matter though would quickly show as it seemed the man wasn't..breathing.