Visionary Tales
9/18/19: Visionary Tales is ELEVEN YEARS OLD! Happy birthday! Leave a post on the site today (anywhere!) as a gift to VT. It's a good day to catch up on replies. (;If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

Redemption for a beast (Yautjan)

readlliea · 115 · 5998

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"And how are you going to get me out? I don't really recall how this works but from what I've seen, I need family or something to check me out.." John asked as he looked back at Vol.

Still scribbling absentmindedly in all honesty; mostly doing circles. How would any of this work? He just..didn't feel like it could. Then again, he didn't know anything. So maybe he was fully wrong. A tired sigh left him.

"Sorry...I just can't remember a thing and it just feels..unnatural that you or anyone is willing to help me." John admited.

Offline yautjan

• the Moose
    • View Profile
    • My Compositions
Vol tilted his head a little, like a curious puppy. "You're an adult," he said. "You can refuse further treatment and check yourself out whenever you'd like before your discharge date. They don't require family to be present, since some people don't have family."

He cleared his throat. "But, if we're to be roommates, I'll stay here until you can check out. I took the day off work so I have the rest of today to help get you settled in."
100% Quality Moose

Jabba | Cope | Ely | Readlliea

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
A nervous and weak chuckle left him. Though it quickly went away.

"Well just goes to show how little i remember eh?" John attempted to joke "I don't think they know what's wrong with me yet. I've heard a few of their conversations but only pieces. Talking about something being wrong with my blood or..along those lines.  You think they'd let me waltz out with that hanging on their heads?"

Offline yautjan

• the Moose
    • View Profile
    • My Compositions
Vol shrugged. "The magic words are 'I refuse further medical treatment'. If you want to stay and see what they find, I mean, that's okay. I can only imagine how frustrating this must all be for you right now."

He stood up again, adjusting his sweater. "I'm going to grab a coffee from the coffee shop... Do you want anything?"
100% Quality Moose

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
But was it a good idea? Giving a sigh, John didn't really know what else to say or do honestly. At the question though it took him a minute or two before responding. He hadn't really spoken out against the hospital food, it was..okay food. Honestly he felt a little sick eating the food here. He was able to stomach it at least.

"Sure though....do you have a recommendation?" John asked.

Offline yautjan

• the Moose
    • View Profile
    • My Compositions
"Well," Vol said. "I recommend black coffee, but uh... maybe a mocha or something for you, you've been through a lot."

The back and forth was very uncomfortable for him, and he felt like he was crawling in his skin speaking so casually to his former enemy. How many of the scars on his body belonged to his fights with Beastblood? He was unsure, and he had no intention of asking himself that question when he was trying to hard to play off being ignorant of the amnesiac man's old identity.
100% Quality Moose

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Okay.." John replied.

It was a awkward exchange. The fact that this man was so different from Beastblood and that this was a weird ass scenario as it was. It was going to take a lot of work to get his bearings once more in the world. When Vol returned, he'd find that John had fallen asleep as they were leaning back. The notebook was resting in his lap and if he wanted, Vol would be able to grab it and look at the new page it was opened to. It looked like just practice writing for the most part, no words were really standing out save for the writing that went from looking neat, very uneven and squiggly.

'My name is.....J...what is it?!'

Trying to remember the important things was going to be a challenge. How does one remember their own name and not everything else they've done?

Offline yautjan

• the Moose
    • View Profile
    • My Compositions
Vol was glad to escape the room, though he tried to hide his relief until he was out in the hallway. He leaned back against the wall once he was safely away from Beastblood, breathing out and clutching his bag to his front. This was a bad idea, he thought. Inviting his enemy into his home, putting his identity and life at risk....

But he couldn't ask anyone else to do it. Not a chance in hell. No one who owed him a debt deserved to live with Beastblood. This was the best way to keep an eye on him and rehabilitate him into a functioning member of society. He might get away with the murders he'd committed, but at least they would be at an end.

Vol gathered himself up and got the coffees he had promised, and returned to find John asleep. He couldn't help but take a peek at the notes the other man had written, most of it incomprehensible save the one line. The amnesia must have been taking a toll, but it was the least Beastblood deserved.

He set the mocha down at John's bedside and took a seat by the window to nurse his own coffee and check his emails on his phone. His mother had invited him back home for Christmas. He'd have to decide if he could take the time off his second "job" to return to Medford.

Maybe not this year, he thought, sadly.
100% Quality Moose

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
It would take a few more days before John finally decided to give up hope that the hopsital could tell him something useful. His memory was still just as poor as ever but they told him that the 'medicine' that he came in with was most likely important and they recommended a smaller dosage of it. Instead of two pills just take half of one. It was the only thing that made small sense. The bottle did have writing on it and he could at least read it. Though he still wasn't too at ease with the idea of living in a stranger's home. What if it was a trick? A sick game?

For some reason, John found himself uneasy around the doctors. he would find himself staring at them with unease and honestly...he always felt like something was going to go wrong. At least he was given a pair of clothes to leave in; bland ass shirt and pants but still clothing. Nervously, he rubbed his right arm above the elbow as he paced in his room. That feeling of unease grew until it started to feel more like paranoia.

Even with Vol arriving to pick him up, he wasn't even able to smile. His growing unease felt like something in the back of his mind was nagging at him. Trying to warn him of something regarding the people in the medical field...but what if it was also the scientific field? It just...felt so weird. Like something on the tip of his tongue that he couldn't even get to roll off.

Offline yautjan

• the Moose
    • View Profile
    • My Compositions
When Vol arrived at the hospital the day he was meant to take John home, he felt even more apprehensive than he had the first day he'd been here to see him. Their relationship would forever be tainted by the knowledge that Beastblood lived within this man, a knowledge no one else in the world knew. Why was he so stupid as to keep this man close? It's only until he's on his feet, he justified to himself weakly.

His attitude was not helped by the massive, swollen bruises on his arms and back from being slammed into a wall the previous night while out on patrol, well hidden by his button-up and the sweater over that. At least that mutated human was able to be sent back to jail, even if he kept making bail and fleeing.

Vol knocked on John's door, announcing his arrival with a shy and forced smile. "Morning," he said, knowing damn well it was nearly noon. "Ready?"
100% Quality Moose

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
Short black hair was still a mess as he messed with it, just trying to make it look right; for some reason it just didn't look right to him. Hearing the voice though, he jumped where he stood; clearly due to the growing paranoia he had been feeling. Nervous eyes allowed their gaze to land upon the form. Hardly relaxing in truth.

"Y..yeah...I guess." John admitted as he messed with part of his hair again before giving up on the endavour. "You sure about this? You don't have to do what the guy said you know...even if it's a life debt. Freedom of choice an all that?"

He sounded confused on the last part but he was walking with Vol; fast walking honestly as he wanted to get away form all these doctors.

Offline yautjan

• the Moose
    • View Profile
    • My Compositions
"I don't have to," Vol said. "But it's the right thing to do." His words felt like dirty lies, even though he did have the best of intentions. It was going to be a long road before he could look at John and not see Beastblood.

He lead him down to his car, a beat up blue sedan, and climbed in the driver's seat. He hissed as he sat back, quickly pressing his lips together to hide his reaction. Fuck you, George, he thought at the villain responsible for his injury.

"Come on. You can pick the radio if you want," he told John. "Home's not too far off. I already got a couple things in there for you like a bed and a dresser, but it's pretty bare so you can do what you want with it."
100% Quality Moose

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
A look of concern was on his face as he watched the man hiss. A reaction that usually only meant one thing..pain.

"Are...are you alright?" John asked, ignoring the radio all together honestly.

A room to do whatever he wanted to? But...was it honestly right when the house technically wasn't his home? That room was part of a house that wasn't really his.

Offline yautjan

• the Moose
    • View Profile
    • My Compositions
"Hmm?" Vol spared him a look as he got the car started. Since John ignored it, Vol ended up turning it to a random station and keeping the volume down to ignore the music. "Oh, I hurt myself working out this morning," he lied. "No worries, just sore."

He drove them the short ride home, to a dingy apartment complex that had definitely seen better days. He did not talk much through the drive, his mind elsewhere as he berated himself for letting his mask of normalcy slip for a moment.

When they arrived, he parked in his spot and looked at John again. "I hope you're okay with cats, I have two."
100% Quality Moose

Offline readlliea

• View Profile
"Al...alright...if you're sure..." JOhn replied as he sank in his seat slightly.

As the drive went on, John found himself fiddling with the window button. Kind of childish but he never allowed the window to get down to halfway. It was almost always kept very close to the top;as if to try and avoid the blast of wind he'd get but...the sound was still annoying. He would stop though, probably feeling his sense of unease go off since he was in a car and heading to no place he knew.

"That's another thing I don't have a clue on.." John replied as he got out of the car.

He didn't move away from the car though once he was out. He was waiting for the man and making no move to go anywhere else.

"Do you...ever get a weird feeling from doctors?" John asked, glancing over his shoulder at Vol; his expression showing he was feeling rather conflicted in asking this.